• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A KH Reboot is a bad idea

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
A long time ago, I saw a video by an individual known as TheKHRP. I didn't understand what he was trying to accomplish, until I realized he was planning to reboot the series. I was pretty much horrified at this, especially when I liked a few of his ideas. Just the thought of a reboot made my hair stand on end, including the thought that it might cancel Kingdom Hearts 3.

The series doesn't need a reboot. Not now. Not when KH3 is so far in development.

A reboot would erase everything we've been through in the series. Terra, Ventus, and Aqua won't be saved, the pain of those lost would never be remedied, the Xehanort Saga would end on a cliffhanger and KH3 would never be there to finish the story. Everything would be washed away and replaced with a rebooted version of KH that wouldn't be the same.

Even when KH3 shows that it's shaping up to be faithful to the Disney movies with what we saw back at E3 2015, with Disney's support no less, TheKHRP just says: "What they've shown has the same problems below the surface, that nobody looks at or realizes, that they had before. The graphics are definitely with the realm of next-gen but apart from that difference that's it."

So basically the only good thing about KH3 to this guy is that the graphics look good, and everything else is a problem?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!

Someone told him that they liked Kingdom Hearts the way it is, and he said that was a problem with "how we look at Kingdom Hearts", saying that it can never be "fine." Even when faced with the fact that we have been waiting YEARS for KH3, and that we've been waiting for a conclusion to the Xehanort Saga, he just says that Kingdom Hearts 3, or in his words, wanting KH3, is not what's best for the series, and instead says that rebooting the series is the better option. When I told him about the many reactions to KH3, he just says that we were just following and reacting blindly without looking at the series "objectively", then going on and on about "the diamond in the rough" and crap like that. He doesn't even care about how long we've been waiting, and that his reboot would cancel KH3.

Lack of defining music, he says. Oh that's FREAKING RICH. -_-

And apparently to him, if we were all "true" KH fans, we should want the reboot!

Even when people say that he should wait until after Kingdom Hearts 3 is released, he just shoots that down and says that he won't.

He says that he is giving what we want, yet he constantly says that his reboot is what HE wants us to see. What HE wants us to hear, what HE wants us to "feel".

Sure, some of his ideas are good, but I feel like he's wasting them for something that could split the whole KH fanbase apart.

Now that I've got that rant out of the way, let's get onto why reboot =/= good.

Rebooting the series is a BAD IDEA. Not only would it basically be EXPENSIVE AS ALL HELL, but it would be the BIGGEST SLAP IN THE FACE FOR FANS, especially ones that played ALL THE GAMES in anticipation for the long awaited KH3.

"Sorry, Kingdom Hearts 3 has been cancelled. But here's a reboot of KH1 because SOME GUY ON YOUTUBE FORCED US TO DO IT."

It would be a huge middle finger to the point where some people would consider burning down SE's offices.

It would take forever to reboot every single game in the franchise, and a reboot itself would be THE BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY IN THE HISTORY OF MONEY WASTING.

If the series is rebooted, I would seriously just give up and cry...knowing that KH3 would never see the light of day, and that everything I've been through would be erased.

Sorry if this is pretty much a rant that's biased, but I just had to get it off my chest...

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
It would take a reboot to fix all the issues the story has, true. But SE needs to finish what they started if they wanna go there.

WastedPenguin

Awards
It would take a reboot to fix all the issues the story has, true. But SE needs to finish what they started if they wanna go there.

According to Nomura KH3 will answer all open questions. The problem is just that at the time where KH1 was released the characters like Master Xehanort, Terra, Aqua and Ventus and basically every character that appeared after KH1 wasnt a thing during development of KH1 because Nomura didnt expect that KH would be such a huge success back then. But overall i would say that the series doesnt need a reboot but more like one or two CGI movies that summarize the whole plot.

Master Alew

A reboot cancelling KHIII? As if! Sorry kiddo, you just found some hipster with a messiah complex in YouTube. Internet being internet. Cancelling KHIII to make a reboot doesn't make any sense at the moment. I wouldn't worry about it.

In the other hand, retelling the story in the form of CGI movies sounds as a fine idea to me but only after KHIII come out.

Master Alew

Nomura-san, what about cancelling Kingdom Hearts III and rebooting the series?
*Nomura laughs*

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i think rebooting KH would be like kicking every fan in the balls as hard as possible and chuckling.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I wouldnt worry about KHRP. I've watched some of his videos and even talked to him on Khinsider a few years ago. The guy really doesnt know what he's talking about and has a lot of unrealistic goals

He's crazy if he thinks Disney and Square are going to bow to him and do everything he says

Awards
I wouldnt worry about KHRP. I've watched some of his videos and even talked to him on Khinsider a few years ago. The guy really doesnt know what he's talking about and has a lot of unrealistic goals

He's crazy if he thinks Disney and Square are going to bow to him and do everything he says
What was your conversation with him like, may I ask?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I asked him what his intentions were and he told me things like a whole section of Disneyland devoted to Kh, him bringing back original composers, and giving Nomura a co director.

I tried telling him about how so many fans would be upset if KH3 was cancelled but he kept insisting that it was for the best and that "no bad would come from a reboot".

Awards
I asked him what his intentions were and he told me things like a whole section of Disneyland devoted to Kh, him bringing back original composers, and giving Nomura a co director.

I tried telling him about how so many fans would be upset if KH3 was cancelled but he kept insisting that it was for the best and that "no bad would come from a reboot".
No bad would come from a reboot? Is he serious?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Pfft. An entire KH section in Disneyland? Please, KH is Disneyland. Well, with darkness zombies, Final Fantasy, and a plot that centers around light, darkness, key-shaped swords, and convolution, but yeah.

Before all else, they must finish what they've started. Some people have been waiting for this for about ten years, and too much has been building up to this moment to just never conclude it. And let's be honest here- this game is being HYPED like crazy. SE and Disney itself knows that this is the game we've all been waiting for our whole lives. (Okay, I'm exaggerating, but this game has hit nearly cult status because it's been such a long time coming.) Considering that the demand is so diddlying high and they're already into development, canceling it would be throwing so much potential and spent money away, no sane company would do it.

I wouldn't worry about this guy. He sounds like a Larxene012 type- the more you argue with him, the more pissed you become because he simply refuses to acknowledge any views besides his own. The best thing to do is ignore it.

Awards
KeybladeLord; he must be but he sounds like quite the stubborn little..

Anyway I agree. Bad idea. Maybe a recap later though.
I'm just waiting for when he comes in here, makes a paragraph about his reboot junk, say that "the truth is coming", then sign his name into the post as if it was a letter.

Kaijuguy19

From the sounds of it,he sounds like a complete self righteous braggart with a huge ego to boot that has no idea about how both Disney and Squire Enix aren't just going to drop everything and listen to him and let him erase pretty much a decade's work of storytelling in the series. I seriously doubt he'll be able to get away with it even if he wants to risk having an army of angry KH fans form of a lynch mob on him.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I'm just waiting for when he comes in here, makes a paragraph about his reboot junk, say that "the truth is coming", then sign his name into the post as if it was a letter.
And then I and a bunch of other forum members will proceed to either argue with him or mock him. It'll be Larxene012 all over again.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
As much as dislike some of the directions that KH went through, calling for a reboot is a bit premature. At best, an HD collection on ONE CONSOLE would suffice. The only way they would ever do a reboot is if Nomrua pulls a Musani and yell "We're all out of options!!!"

Although Kingdom Hearts CG movies recapping the plot thus far sounds interesting, provided that they get competent writers that can cram 8-10 games worth of story into 3 two hour movies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
In a reboot, there probably wouldn't be any fish faces anymore. And that would be sad, right? RIGHT?? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back