What's new

Welcome to Kingdom Hearts Insider

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Ask question

Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community

Ask a Mod

Ask Questions from your staff

Contact Staff

If you need additional information or have a concern please contact us.

• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► A Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus CGI series is rumored to be in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Reaction score
Awards
Actually I kinda think I'd prefer that. Something to show off the series to old fans or people who didn't play the games but know the overall plot. Harder for them to fuck it up.
Would've loved a cinematic episode where Sora Donald and Goofy first meet in Traverse Town with an epic guard armor fight.

Zettaflare

Commander
Reaction score
Awards
Disney+ announced a lot of new licensed and produced projects for their Asian-Pacific region. For Japan specifically, they've announced new anime series in the forms of Black★★Rock Shooter: DAWN FALL, Summer Time Rendering, Yojohan Time Machine Blues, and... an anime adaptation of Disney's Twisted Wonderland.

Do you think this makes Kingdom Hearts getting a Disney+ series more likely now?
Nice to see Disney jump on the anime train. And yeah I wouldn't be surprised if this leads to an eventual KH anime series. We could get an announcement as soon as next year's 20th anniversary

Oracle Spockanort

𝕤𝕔𝕣𝕒𝕡-𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕞𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕒𝕝
Staff member
Reaction score
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Disney+ announced a lot of new licensed and produced projects for their Asian-Pacific region. For Japan specifically, they've announced new anime series in the forms of Black★★Rock Shooter: DAWN FALL, Summer Time Rendering, Yojohan Time Machine Blues, and... an anime adaptation of Disney's Twisted Wonderland.

Do you think this makes Kingdom Hearts getting a Disney+ series more likely now?
TWISTED WONDERLAND YESSSS

Shocked about Yojohan Time Machine Blues…

KudoTsurugi

Reaction score
Awards
Honestly surprised about Tatami and Black Rock Shooter, I figured Crunchyroll, Funimation or HIDIVE would’ve gotten those. Though it does beg the question of whether or not it’ll get released in the West on the service or not.

I could see Twisted Wonderland being on there as a way to promote the mobile game in the West(in the event Disney decided to bring it over), but wasn’t expecting the first two.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Reaction score
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Honestly surprised about Tatami and Black Rock Shooter, I figured Crunchyroll, Funimation or HIDIVE would’ve gotten those. Though it does beg the question of whether or not it’ll get released in the West on the service or not.

I could see Twisted Wonderland being on there as a way to promote the mobile game in the West(in the event Disney decided to bring it over), but wasn’t expecting the first two.
real talk I've been so amazingly angry that I couldn't play Twisted Wonderland so having either the game or the subbed anime come here would make me a very happy nerd.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Reaction score
Awards

Maybe a bit.

But, regardless, I honestly feel that the chances of there being a series are pretty high with it being the 20th anniversary soon and Disney wanting as much content as possible for Disney+.

Though I feel it would also really depend on, if Nomura is game for there being a series. I feel they dont want to step on his toes right now.

Rodin

Reaction score
Awards
Among the casual fans, the crossover element tends to be more appealing than the original lore/characters.

So doing a series where a Disney character teams up with a FF character would be dope.

PS. I have a pitch for Leon/Mickey prequel to KH1. This is just a way to make it canon.

I'm also cool with it being an anthology like Star Wars Visions.

Last edited:

DraceEmpressa

Reaction score
Awards
tbh, I feel like promoting KH to a Disney fan feels like scam with how shafted Disney stuff are and with how Disney world plot are more often rehash o the movie, only pixar worlds have tweaks bc pixar is rebel like that. I want to be honest that KH is those kind of crackpot plot kind of fiction, not "lying" it's "just" crossover.

KudoTsurugi

Reaction score
Awards
tbh, I feel like promoting KH to a Disney fan feels like scam with how shafted Disney stuff are and with how Disney world plot are more often rehash o the movie, only pixar worlds have tweaks bc pixar is rebel like that. I want to be honest that KH is those kind of crackpot plot kind of fiction, not "lying" it's "just" crossover.
Considering Disney, as a corporation, had done series like House of Mouse, Once Upon a Time, and in more recent years had Phineas and Ferb crossover specials with both Marvel and Star Wars, it’s more surprising that they didn’t make a series already.

And in fairness to at least the first KH game, the worlds weren’t complete movie rehashes, Olympus had its story take place after the movie much like the Pixar worlds, Wonderland ended on a cliffhanger regarding Alice until a later world revealed her fate, and Aladdin found out about the existence of other worlds and entrusted Sora with finding Jasmine with Genie’s help.

That said, I can agree that the crossover angle wouldn’t be enough. To really sell a KH show, there’d need to be more of a focus on th original stuff first before getting into the inevitable crossover aspect. Maybe a 3-episode pilot in the vein of Netflix Voltron could work: setup the characters, the world and then set the story going from there.

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6