• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► A Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus CGI series is rumored to be in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Combine multiple events from multiple games? So basically like the Pokemon Generations miniseries? That doesn't sound very appealing

Awards
Yeah I don't even know what the guy was talking about when it comes to "description". Disney+ series information maybe?

But it's fun discussing these rumors/leaks, I remember the KH3 blackhole ending leak where I think Ven sacrifices himself or something
I remember that too. Riku, Ven, and Terra die and get statues and stuff.

But with this leak, there's barely much to discuss on the KH side. There's zero evidence. And if they did have more info with this "description" WHY DIDN'T THEY SHOW IT?

Barely anyone on 4chan even bothered commenting either. Only one person who basically said "how am i supposed to believe you when you have no proof".

Without any sort of proof, you have no leg to stand on. The KH3 black hole leak only seemed believable to people cuz the game was in the wild at that point, this has nothing. It's fake.

If you really wanna stir up discussion, leak something about KH related to E3. Not something about a Disney+ rumor that's nearly non-existant since nothing came for a year just like the Netflix DMC series.

Soldier

Awards
Combine multiple events from multiple games? So basically like the Pokemon Generations miniseries? That doesn't sound very appealing
Actually it could work, I could imagine them shooting it in an anime style. I could see them having a Hollow Bastion resident talk about the battle of 1000 heartless, while we watch Leon and the gang combat them.

Barrett

Awards
Personally feel like the best route they could go for a KH series is a new original story, but one that can allow a lot of past events to be retold in this new format. A bit similar in concept to Melody of Memory, except both the past and new story content are interwoven with each other.

Awards
I'm beginning to think that this series in 'rumored to be in the works' in the same way that my girlfriend letting me sleep in the bedroom with her is 'rumored to be in the works'.
Dayum. I was gonna make a "dad leaving for milk" joke but this takes the cake.
I still think that the series is real (if it didn't get canned), but we won't hear anything about it until 2022 as it could be one
of the surprise announcements Nomura said were in store for the franchise when Famitsu interviewed him last year,
but who knows.
Let's be honest, it probably got canned or just doesn't exist.

MarKreationsStudios

Awards
I'm still very hesitant about this no matter what I hear. Kingdom Hearts, in my mind, just cannot work as a TV series, at least not a good one. Most KH fans tend to agree that the story and the writing are among the weaker elements of the series, especially when you consider that 70-80% of the grand narrative is just watered-down retellings of already popular Disney films with original characters shoehorned in.
It could feasibly work as something intended for people who are already fans of the series, if they make it a story that's canon and relevant to the games. Otherwise, if the conceit is just to have an unconnected episodic series of Sora, Donald, and Goofy travelling to a new Disney world every episode, then I just don't see how it could realistically work.
And frankly, I'm not enthusiastic about the show's potential regarding the writing, either. I mean, we all know Nomura ain't no writer. If we take X Back Cover as an example of what we might see with KH translated to a TV medium, then frankly I'm not interested. Dialogue in the KH series blows, I hate to say it but it's true.
Damn, I never knew people disliked the story and characters so much... I personally quite liked them

D

Deleted member 246005

Not every game needs to be a season. For example, Coded's cutscene movie only clocks out at 30 minutes on YouTube. So I'd give it an flashback episode or just have a team up between Soras.

I like Chain of Memories more than Coded but both are excuse plots to get around budget issues. So having Sora uncover what happened in Castle Oblivion in the first half of KH2 is a better way to use it. It's a two bird one stone kinda thing.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Not every game needs to be a season. For example, Coded's cutscene movie only clocks out at 30 minutes on YouTube. So I'd give it an flashback episode or just have a team up between Soras.

I like Chain of Memories more than Coded but both are excuse plots to get around budget issues. So having Sora uncover what happened in Castle Oblivion in the first half of KH2 is a better way to use it. It's a two bird one stone kinda thing.
Yeah but according to the description in the rumor it would be "much shorter" then the anime attached to FF7. If it's like a twelve episode season containing certain events from all games up until now that doesn't really hold my interest

I'd rather have a series dedicated to one central storyline

MarKreationsStudios

Awards
I'd rather have a series dedicated to one central storyline
You know what I would love to see? A short series based around mini adventures Donald, Goofy, and Sora go on together, outside from just visiting typical disney worlds. Like, imagine a whole episode of them stuck in the Gummi ship trying to find a way to contact somebody for help. I really would love to see that kind of stuff, with the their personalities bouncinig off of one another.

Another idea would be Ventus and Roxas' groups of friends going on adventures or something.

Oh yeah... and they better keep the original voice actors for the characters, not just the disney ones lol

AR829038

Awards
Damn, I never knew people disliked the story and characters so much... I personally quite liked them
Not to hate on people like you that like it. I'm just speaking from what I've heard, and in my experience, the majority of people in the KH community, even though we all love the series to death, would never recommend it for its writing or its dialogue. There seems to be a general feeling among the fandom that it's one of the weaker aspects of the series. I don't think anybody really dislikes the characters, it's more how the story works around them. The KH series is about 80% just retreading other Disney IP's, and oftentimes the impact that these adventures have on the main characters' development or on the broader narrative in the background is pretty minimal even in the best of cases.
It's the kind of dynamic that works fine in video game form, because even if the writing and story are held together with duct tape and glue, the gameplay and the other elements that go into it make up for it. But if you took away the gameplay aspect and just had a TV series based off it, I'm not convinced that the writing would really sell many people on it. It's just one of those franchises that really only works in one type of medium.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Hot take: if this series is real, I hope it never goes past 1.
You can easily milk 2 seasons(3 if they try hard enough) out of Kingdom Hearts 1 with the right staff of writers.
It would be the perfect gateway for new players too.

Awards
The 4chan rumor is very likely to be fake, but if it's somehow real then the reason the KH show is shorter than the FF7 one yet also complex is prolly cuz it's CG. Whenever Square uses CGI they kinda go big.

MarKreationsStudios

Awards
The 4chan rumor is very likely to be fake, but if it's somehow real then the reason the KH show is shorter than the FF7 one yet also complex is prolly cuz it's CG. Whenever Square uses CGI they kinda go big.
No matter how anybody feels about the story and characters, I think we can all agree that KH3, for the most part, had some fantastic graphics, especially with cutscenes.

Somnus cealum

Awards
idk if i should believe this rumor and get my hopes up. it could be cool if the show retold kh but since this was ages ago i guess we have to wait and see if this is real or not with more time.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Actually I kinda think I'd prefer that. Something to show off the series to old fans or people who didn't play the games but know the overall plot. Harder for them to fuck it up.

Barrett

Awards
Disney+ announced a lot of new licensed and produced projects for their Asian-Pacific region. For Japan specifically, they've announced new anime series in the forms of Black★★Rock Shooter: DAWN FALL, Summer Time Rendering, Yojohan Time Machine Blues, and... an anime adaptation of Disney's Twisted Wonderland.

Do you think this makes Kingdom Hearts getting a Disney+ series more likely now?

Last edited:
Back