• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► A Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus CGI series is rumored to be in the works

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KudoTsurugi

Awards
That’s actually kinda neat. Maybe working on that pilot is what let to him getting the role. Apparently, if Wikipedia is accurate, he also played some additional voices in The Jungle Book 2, where HJO played Mowgli and Mae Whitman was Shanti.

It’s most likely that Square and Disney were pulling from a similar talent pool at the time, but I think that’s a pretty neat unintentional connection

2 quid is good

Awards
Oh, wow. I could sort of picture Vaan's VA playing Sora.
Same! When I first learned about it I realised that they both could kinda effortlessly pass for the other on certain line, particularly KH2 Sora and Vaan imo.

And that's all without even trying haha

D

Deleted member 246005

Video games are hard to adapt because storytelling tends to be secondary or seperate. Even games with stories tend to feel disjointed or padded out. So you'd have to reassess what to keep/cut etc.

I'd say a new cast and story like the Mandalorian would be best. Most casual fans tend to find the Xehanort stuff off-putting so moving away from it would be advisable. You could reintroduce it later but try something new for the first impression.

You could do some fun pairings like Aqua with Webby or Ven with Oswald etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
That’s actually kinda neat. Maybe working on that pilot is what let to him getting the role. Apparently, if Wikipedia is accurate, he also played some additional voices in The Jungle Book 2, where HJO played Mowgli and Mae Whitman was Shanti.

Yes, he was the ADR actor for HJO. In films, when you can't get an actor back for a reshoot or pickup, a soundalike will dub over for them. He was that for The Jungle Book

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Yes, he was the ADR actor for HJO. In films, when you can't get an actor back for a reshoot or pickup, a soundalike will dub over for them. He was that for The Jungle Book
Makes sense. I remember Josh Keaton talking about that before on a Voltron after show podcast.
While his main role on the show was Black Lion pilot Shiro, he also did ADR for one of the shopkeepers in the Season 2 episode “Space Mall”.

And of course, a more known use of ADR is foreign language dubbing, be it animation or live action drama for audiences overseas or foreign shows getting brought to English speaking audiences to be dubbed.

Awards
On the off chance that this is still happening, my last hope for a reveal is this being a surprise announcement
at Jump Festa in tandem with any KH IV or Missing Link news if either of those titles show up there this year.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
On the off chance that this is still happening, my last hope for a reveal is this being a surprise announcement
at Jump Festa in tandem with any KH IV or Missing Link news if either of those titles show up there this year.
I guess anything could happen at this point if it is still in development.

Back