• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Kingdom Hearts MMORPG

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sean Wheeler

Awards
Wouldn't it be cool if there was an MMORPG game in the Kingdom Hearts series? I mean, Union X might be something like that. But how about something better than Union X. Instead of those cut-out sprites, there should be PS2 models and 3D worlds. Instead of Medals, there should be the command menu from the main trilogy. And every world in the series should be accessible and every area ever seen on that world should be mapped out to explore in the online game. For example, Olympus Coliseum should have you visit the Coliseum, the Underworld, Thebes, and Mt. Olympus. The "Town Outside Thebes" area from Birth by Sleep should have a portal to KH2's Underworld on the other side of the wall where the Hades Cup bracket was posted, and there should also be a path to the KH3 Thebes downgraded to PS2 graphics. And you can customize your Avatar at the beginning of the game with more customization options unlocked as you progress. Some worlds such as Atlantica and Pride Lands make you customize the form you take to blend in and unlock outfits for your human form based on what you chose. For example, if your Atlantica form includes Ariel's tail, you unlock pants inspired by Ariel's tail while the real tail can only be worn in Atlantica. While swimming in Atlantica or flying in Neverland (You hold O to activate flight), use the R2 button and the right analog stick to control vertical movement. Missions would be activated by talking to NPCs. Worlds are travelled to by Gummi ship. And in open areas, players are everywhere when you toggle "Public mode" in the options menu. If you toggle to Private Mode, it's pretty much a ghost town but at least you wouldn't get other players to annoy you unless they're in your party. Players can join a party of three and that party always sticks together so you can't move between maps unless your party members are close or you are playing solo. Leveling up allows you to equip rarer armor that boosts your stats. Armor isn't visible on your Avatar unless you equip it to the clothes. And on certain missions, you can fight alongside Kingdom Hearts heroes like Sora, Donald, Goofy, Mickey, Riku, Kairi, Ven, Terra, Aqua, Roxas, Axel, Xion, Aladdin, Peter Pan, Ariel, Jack Skellington, Beast Hercules, Cloud, Leon, Yuffie, etc.

Wouldn't that be fun?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
(Paragraphs are your friends) UX is certainly no MMO, the multiplayer features are far too light to count as such. just 8-man instances & a 1v1 PVP that's really just you fighting an AI copy of a player.

Anyway, I think MX said in BBS that the forging of the X-Blade would bring keyblade wielders from all over in response. But a year after KH3 that hasn't happened yet. Maybe they were just held up in traffic? Anyway, the game could provide different origins for the Player's avatar like Dandelion or fringe world, which gives them different plotlines because of it.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
With the success of Final Fantasy XIV, I wouldn't be surprised if Square Enix recommended the idea to Nomura.

Willow A113

Awards
(Paragraphs are your friends) UX is certainly no MMO, the multiplayer features are far too light to count as such. just 8-man instances & a 1v1 PVP that's really just you fighting an AI copy of a player.

Anyway, I think MX said in BBS that the forging of the X-Blade would bring keyblade wielders from all over in response. But a year after KH3 that hasn't happened yet. Maybe they were just held up in traffic? Anyway, the game could provide different origins for the Player's avatar like Dandelion or fringe world, which gives them different plotlines because of it.
Maybe they aren't any other keyblade wielders.

RonaldPoe

Awards
I think a Kingdom Hearts MMORPG would be pretty cool and probably a lot of fun. However I don't think it's likely for a few reasons. I think Kingdom Hearts Union X showed us a few issues with letting Nomura write a a game that relies on updates ...

The biggest reasoning might be the lack of successful MMORPG's that are still active. As far as I know, only World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XIV are still going strong. FFXIV itself (I've played it and thought it was good) had a notoriously rough start and a very slow early game (you still have to grind to level 17 or something just to enter the first dungeon). You often need a party (meaning you need multiple players to help you) if you want to stand a chance in a dungeon.

I think Memory of Melody made a little more sense. Kingdom Hearts is at least somewhat known for having a great score. Besides a few JRPG series have worked as rhythm games like Final Fantasy and Persona. I was more surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I think a Kingdom Hearts MMORPG would be pretty cool and probably a lot of fun. However I don't think it's likely for a few reasons. I think Kingdom Hearts Union X showed us a few issues with letting Nomura write a a game that relies on updates ...

The biggest reasoning might be the lack of successful MMORPG's that are still active. As far as I know, only World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XIV are still going strong. FFXIV itself (I've played it and thought it was good) had a notoriously rough start and a very slow early game (you still have to grind to level 17 or something just to enter the first dungeon). You often need a party (meaning you need multiple players to help you) if you want to stand a chance in a dungeon.

I think Memory of Melody made a little more sense. Kingdom Hearts is at least somewhat known for having a great score. Besides a few JRPG series have worked as rhythm games like Final Fantasy and Persona. I was more surprised it didn't happen sooner.
From what I understand Elder Scrolls Online is doing surprisingly well, claiming they have the most active players currently or something. And old-school Runescape as well as both vanilla and classic WoW.

FFXIV did have a rough start, but the game is so much fun and one I've been playing a ton of lately. But I wouldn't want Nomura to handle making a KH MMO. Mostly because his handling of X was so shoddy. He can help, but I do not think he himself is actually worthy by himself. He needs people to tell him no.

Also, what do you mean about needing multiple people for dungeons? The Duty Finder is there to matchmake for that exact purpose lol. I've been able to do most of the content in the game quite easily.

Sean Wheeler

Awards
Maybe they aren't any other keyblade wielders.
If you're playing an MMO as a Keyblade wielder, there'd be other players with Keyblades. And I would put this game in the timeline sometime after Sora comes back from Quadratum so the long-time Keyblade hero could be there to help you and even train you in the tutorial. Maybe Yen Sid's last task for Sora before he becomes a Master is that he trains younger wielders how to fight Heartless like he does.

Iustus

Awards
Well, if Nomura ever makes am MMO he will have to take a huge effort on world building first.
Since the worlds in KH are not that lively like in FF14, he will have a hard time. Even female characters are real difficult for him.

ARR started off real slow but with every expansion they released it got better. Even the mysterious Ascians were properly explained - And without any complicated time travel mumbo-jumbo!

They could have made the Keyblade War as MMO, but since Nomura is not a big fan of writing the story completely first, something like that will never ever happen.

Also, in FFXIV you have to rely on your party. Rushing in and you get killed. In KH you never experienced real multiplayer, where you could support or play together with friends. TESO is just skill spamming.

Sean Wheeler

Awards
Well, if Nomura ever makes am MMO he will have to take a huge effort on world building first.
Since the worlds in KH are not that lively like in FF14, he will have a hard time. Even female characters are real difficult for him.

ARR started off real slow but with every expansion they released it got better. Even the mysterious Ascians were properly explained - And without any complicated time travel mumbo-jumbo!

They could have made the Keyblade War as MMO, but since Nomura is not a big fan of writing the story completely first, something like that will never ever happen.

Also, in FFXIV you have to rely on your party. Rushing in and you get killed. In KH you never experienced real multiplayer, where you could support or play together with friends. TESO is just skill spamming.
He could use the worlds Disney built.

Back