• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Labor of Love - I've Finally Completed my JRPG Inspired Board Game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rytackle22

Zombie Hunter
Awards
My friends! I've been on KH insider for a LONG time, and though I've mostly become a filthy lurker I wanted to come on here and share something I'm truly proud of.

It's been a long four years and I think anyone who has slogged through it would be inclined to agree. Global Pandemic aside, the thing that's made this almost half a decade feel much longer was my decision on February 27, 2019 to design a board game. A little background about me: Up until now I'd never delved into game design before. I've spent the better part of 8 years hosting a podcast covering the Star Wars: X-Wing (Second Edition) (Mynock/Fly Better Podcast), and being introduced to the vastness of both the tabletop and board game hobbies. I've always loved games in every and all iterations they come in. I was an athlete in high school by day, and an avid Kingdom Hearts or CoD 4 player by night. In college I played Dungeons & Dragons for the first time and blew my mind with the flexibility and imagination of roleplaying games. Once I became a real "adult" I discovered X-Wing, a tabletop strategy game that showed me the value of organized play and building community. It also showed me the true importance of design, applied probabilities, and how one small change can ripple across an entire system.

That was a lot of setup, so let's get into the point of this post. My game Encounters: Shattered Wastes is now on Kickstarter on February 28th, and I wanted to share it with this place, because i's one of the few placed I think will really appreciate it.

ESW_Prototype_1.jpg

ESW_Prototype_2.jpg

ESW_Prototype_3.jpg

I'm happy to answer any questions should you all have them! And if you were willing to support me that would be amazing too.

Thanks!

NemesisSP

Awards
That's quite impressive. I'm not all that into board games, but I can see you really did put a lot into this.

Back