• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Possibility for a FM internationaly..?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

natu133

While there has always been the possibility, I just thought that maybe Square Enix will decide to release Final Mix as a DLC globally. The playstation store brings this possibility, and ontop of that Square Enix DLC online products have been seeing a significant ammount of releases. The formation of Square Enix Europe also shows that they are starting to actually care a bit more about international sales, so it's a glimmer of hope in other words.

WaveK89

While there are additional ways in distributing the game, I still don't see it being released internationally. It's not to say it will never happen, but I'm not holding my breath either.

So long as there is hope, so remains the broken dreams.

Awards
They would never release it at full price in Japan and then have it as DLC elsewhere.

If KH2FM proved anything, it's that despite how you might think the Final Mixes could sell well here, that's not really SE's priority. Whether it's nepotism or something else driving their motives, Square will always make the Final Mixes exclusive to Japan.

But in any case I'm looking forward to seeing all the vain online petitions.

jdeib963

Not gonna happen. EVER. Im still waitin on KH2FM and its been what, 3 years? Nah dude, just import it like everyone else!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It won't happen. They might be able to sell well here, but the Japanese have a high sense of nationalism. They like keeping what they have made for themselves in their own hands. It creates a sense of pride that they have something unique and retains their "xenophobic" attitudes still lingering from over one hundred years ago. (not using xenophobic in a discriminatory way. Just that they do still have this fear of foreigners and the idea of foreigners taking what is theirs is something they don't want to deal with.)

Why do you think we don't have those nifty DoCoMo phones? Because they wouldn't sell? Not really. It is because Japan has something better than another country.

TepidShark

Awards
All I have to say is here we go again. Though I would be interested in asking someone at Square Enix (especially Nomura) why it is this way.

jdeib963

Paying extra shipping. Christ. This means Ill have three copies of the same game...just a little different from each other. Oh life your funny.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm so fcuking glad square doesn't have any better things to do like making the third game

Well, the fact the Osaka team made BBS so they are the one working on BBSFM means the Tokyo KH team has nothing to do with this because they are working with Versus so don't complain over no KH3 when the people who make the console games are busy with an entirely different series and have nothing to do with BBSFM.

God. Why don't people get it?

Sempied

It doesn't really need to when the game will be in english, and the PSP is region free. All you really need to do is import it. This time without worrying about an english patch.

Aquaman OS

I'm seriously just debating dropping KH and hoping SE goes under. I'm not interested in being considered a 2nd class consumer, in fact I'm outright insulted by this. Nor do I want to pay 70 dollars to spend days playing through TAV's stories a 3rd freaking time to finally get to the new stuff.

Seriously, they acted like they gave a damn about the NA audience with BBS adding some minor additional content and changing the dialouge a bit to make scenes make more sense without requiring the Ultimania info. And yet less than a week after the US launch they announce a Final Mix? This is insulting. You all should be offended too.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Seriously, they acted like they gave a damn about the NA audience with BBS adding some minor additional content and changing the dialouge a bit to make scenes make more sense without requiring the Ultimania info. And yet less than a week after the US launch they announce a Final Mix? This is insulting. You all should be offended too.

Personally, I don't make it a habit to get insulted by a video game. ^^; Really, it's not THAT big a deal. Sure, it is a little annoying, but we'll live. Not like they haven't done this before, so we should be used to it. This isn't exactly a new concept.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I'm seriously just debating dropping KH and hoping SE goes under. I'm not interested in being considered a 2nd class consumer, in fact I'm outright insulted by this. Nor do I want to pay 70 dollars to spend days playing through TAV's stories a 3rd freaking time to finally get to the new stuff.

To be perfectly clear and honest, I'm giggling madly at why you'd want to " 'not' buy and play the game a third time just for 'new stuff,'" not offended. You don't seem to recall that both KH I and II had Final Mixes, which were made for Japan only, obviously. I expected BBS to have a Final Mix, seeing as how it's a major piece to the storyline, and the fact Japan will riot if they don't get their precious Final Mix when they want it.

I never played Days or CoM/Re:CoM, and don't really intend to. Playing KH I, II, and BBS told me the story, while the other two just bobbled on about smaller details that made some of Nomura's constant retconning possible. Just be happy that you can play the game, and that you can just import it if you're that much of needing that little extra content. Or don't port it, as you so choose.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
It could be worse when they release KH3 in episodes. *looks at half-life 2*

Don't forget KH3 FM+!

To be perfectly clear and honest, I'm giggling madly at why you'd want to " 'not' buy and play the game a third time just for 'new stuff,'" not offended. You don't seem to recall that both KH I and II had Final Mixes, which were made for Japan only, obviously. I expected BBS to have a Final Mix, seeing as how it's a major piece to the storyline, and the fact Japan will riot if they don't get their precious Final Mix when they want it.

I never played Days or CoM/Re:CoM, and don't really intend to. Playing KH I, II, and BBS told me the story, while the other two just bobbled on about smaller details that made some of Nomura's constant retconning possible. Just be happy that you can play the game, and that you can just import it if you're that much of needing that little extra content. Or don't port it, as you so choose.

Every main game thus far has had a Final Mix. I don't get why others don't seem to care about the first two FMs, but they're sure PO'd by this one. Like it's never been done before.

Agreed. Unlike with the first two FMs, this FM is for a system that's not region locked, and is thus easier to port, giving us a chance to play it.
I know, people are pissed by even that because that means they have to replay the game just to get to the "good stuff", but I'll bet that if BBSFM+ was coming out in NA, they wouldn't be so upset by the prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back