• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A possible relation between Replicas and the Data World(s)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odrikah

Alright, so in my recent effort to catch up on Kingdom Hearts, I finally decided to sit through all of Re:Coded, and that game's focus on Data worlds like we've previously seen in the virtual Twilight Town and Tron, got me thinking.

In CoM, the Riku Replica was made using data that Vexen gathered from Riku in his fight. Now, we know that replicas can be made from most anything, including memories (Like Xion), but the data type is what we're focusing on now.

Throughout the franchise we see that anyone with a brain and a computer pretty much can either make an entire digital world from scratch (Tron) or make a digital "copy" of the real world based off of data gathered from it (Virtual Twilight Town, Jiminy's Journal in Re:Coded).

In KH2, it is made clear with Sora finding Roxas' money bag and Struggle orbs that, with the right technology, not only can things be put from the real world into the digital world, but stuff from the digital world can be brought back into the real world similar to in the movie Tron (I wouldn't be surprised, actually, if the world where the DTD's OS originated, aka the 'original' world of Tron, is the world where this tech originated as well, and Ansem The Wise just copied it when he copied The Grid to make the DTD because he thought it was nifty).

So, anyway, here is the question I'm posing:

When there is a replica of someone made out of data in a computer, they are referred to as "Data *insert name here*". When someone makes a replica of someone irl, however, even if that replica is made of data, they are referred to as "Replica *insert name here*". We know stuff from the digital world can be put into the real world, so what I'm asking is, if you took a Data-being, like Data-Sora from Re:Coded, and put him in the real world, would he just become a Replica similar to Riku Replica, and if he were to die in the real world, would he fade into Darkness accordingly as Replicas do, or would he turn into a bunch of ones and zeros? Could they avoid that fate by *growing* a heart, which at this point it seems possible for anyone without a real heart to do if they make enough friends and have enough experiences?

Now that I think about it, being one of Ansem's previous apprentices, could Vexen have used this method to create his replicas all along? Gather data, enter it into a computer and "program" the replica as you wish, and then "print" it out into the real world ala Sora in The DTD or Roxas in Virtual Twilight Town?

Thoughts, anyone?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm pretty sure that's exactly how Vexen created Replica Riku and Xion. How else would he be intricate enough to replicate life? He does mention about "gaining information". He may have meant it in the digital sense in order to form the foundations of Replica Riku and Xion. It could also explain why Xion is seen as a different person to different people, because Vexen was able to transfer Sora's memories of Kairi and digitise them into a new being, but because he digitised memeories, and memories are subject to interpretation, Xion is seen differently by different people.

RainyHeart

This is an interesting theory, and it seems like it would be the most logical explanation for how the replicas are created. This makes me think though....in DDD (i think) Maleficent wanted to take the data worlds from ReCoded and use them for her own plans....could this have something to do with that? Maybe she wants to go back and try to 'resurrect' old villains that were killed off or something (maybe that could be the excuse for any Disney villains that return in KH3 ;D).

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This is an interesting theory, and it seems like it would be the most logical explanation for how the replicas are created. This makes me think though....in DDD (i think) Maleficent wanted to take the data worlds from ReCoded and use them for her own plans....could this have something to do with that? Maybe she wants to go back and try to 'resurrect' old villains that were killed off or something (maybe that could be the excuse for any Disney villains that return in KH3 ;D).

You know what, that'd be the perfect reason to bring back Disney villains like Jafar and Ursula. Give these data or illusions heart to be able to transcend into the real world. Come to think about it, why should Maleficent be the only Disney villain from a feature film to go to other worlds? Why not have Ursula in a Moana world or Captain Hook in a Treasure Planet world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back