• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A question to atheists

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

daxter fan

Pretend as if god suddenly gave up on humanity, and decided to abandon it completely and leave it for it´s own destiny.
How do you imagine a world without god?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Re: A question to theists only

That's in the event that he hadn't done that already.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Well I ca't really do that because Its in my belief the world wouldn't be in existence without God. and since he has a plan and I know what part of that plan is. it won't happen

daxter fan

Well I ca't really do that because Its in my belief the world wouldn't be in existence without God. and since he has a plan and I know what part of that plan is. it won't happen
The world wouldn't be in existence if god would've destroyed it not when he simply abandon us, now god has done that in the bible, abandoning the world and the hebrews , now I want you to imagine that he abandons the world now, how will the world look like?

Tight Like Amy: I did say theists only.

The world wouldn't be in existence if god would've destroyed it not when he simply abandon us, now god has done that in the bible, abandoning the world and the hebrews , now I want you to imagine that he abandons the world now, how will the world look like?

Tight Like Amy: I did say theists only.

the same as it does now.

maybe he already abandoned us.

daxter fan

Never said god will leave , I said abandon.
and god has forsakened his people many times during the bible, now as theists you obviously believe that he won't leave- that's why I am asking you to use your imagination.Don't give me excuses why you don't want to answer the question, just answer the question.Give it a deep thought, it's not an easy one.

Last edited:

Zipporahss

A question for Atheists...

OK, here goes...

I once dated an atheist, and let me tell ya it wasn't easy. I almost became an atheist, and ugh, I hated those days... I have friends that are atheist but there's a question none of them could answer.

And because I know there are so many on this site, I wanted to ask:

What exactly is contradicting in the Bible itself? I mean, the people I've talked to said that everything in the Bible was a contradicting to itself. They said that every verse contradicts another. And every time I ask them what verse they instantly change the subject into whatever Jesus did or something saying that wasn't true either.

Now, can any of you give me a verse that contradicts another?

Or can you explain why you personally disagree with the Bible all together.

~EDIT~

This thread is open for Atheists and Christians who wish to discuss thier differences in beliefs.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Re: A question for Athesist...

First things first, get your shit straight. Just because someone is atheist doesn't mean that they disagree with just the bible, atheism is a lack of any religion.

Now, I suppose you meant contradiction?

I don't know. I'm atheist because I think that religion imposes too many restrictions, too many bad/stupid things have been done on the basis of religion, and I generally want to seek the truth however horrifying it might be.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards

like, no offense, but it's like, really hard to like, take this thread seriously when like, you misspelled the word "atheist" in like, the title, and like, your opening post

don't worry, though, like, i got your back

edit: ok, like, i tried my hardest to edit your post, and boy it was not easy

Zipporahss

∞;4226044 said:
First things first, get your shit straight. Just because someone is atheist doesn't mean that they disagree with just the bible, atheism is a lack of any religion.

Now, I suppose you meant contradiction?

I don't know. I'm atheist because I think that religion imposes too many restrictions, too many bad/stupid things have been done on the basis of religion, and I generally want to seek the truth however horrifying it might be.

Ok, okay, it was only a question, I am asking mainly those who have said something like that. I'm talking about the Bible, I don't care for other religions right now.

like, no offense, but it's like, really hard to like, take this thread seriously when like, you misspelled the word "atheist" in like, the title, and like, your opening post

don't worry, though, like, i got your back

Sorry I type fast and I make constant mistakes as I type and I normally don't notice until someone points them out.

Re: A question for Atheists...

whoever you're talking to that says the bible contradicts itself, isn't exactly bright if they have nothing to back up their claim.

though i'm agnostic, not atheist, i will tell you that i despise religion mostly because it sets to many boundaries on your life. and where do these boundaries come from? an ancient book that is constantly added onto by so called "prophets".

Last edited:

daxter fan

∞;4226044 said:

Actually, atheism is only the lack in belief of god, that are atheists who have their own religion, Buddhism, Raelism,Scientology and such.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Quoting a relevant post:

[...] and while I don't exactly call myself Atheist, I don't believe in any particular religion or faith. I don't know if God exits or not, and when dealing with life, it really doesn't matter. However, I don't believe any of the religions of the world are correct. Most likely, I don't think there is a God, at least not in the sense that humans try to make him/her/it/them out to be.

I see the Bible (and religion, as a whole) as an attempt by people of (mostly) ancient times to understand the scary, bleak world they lived in (and to a lesser, but still noticeable degree, the world of today is still such) of which they knew very little about. While it's clear to me that even in this day and age we still have much to learn and much progress to make, we've come a long way since then and we know better now.

Trying to live your life based on archaic, thousand year old tomes that are so vague at times that reaching the original message with any certainty is incredibly difficult doesn't sound too appealing to me. That's not to say there isn't anything good about the Bible, but I won't make it the cornerstone of my life. Also, like Infinity said, christianity and religion in general often impose far too many restrictions in one's life that seem both uncomfortable and unnecessary to me. I seem to be doing just fine without it, so I think I'll keep it that way.

I think studying religion makes for a good intellectual exercise, however.

Zipporahss

Quoting a relevant post:

I see the Bible (and religion, as a whole) as an attempt by people of (mostly) ancient times to understand the scary, bleak world they lived in (and to a lesser, but still noticeable, the world of today is still such) of which they knew very little about. While it's clear to me that even in this day and age we still have much to learn and much progress to make, we've come a long way since then and we know better now.

Trying to live your life based on archaic, thousand year old tomes that are so vague at times that reaching the original message with any certainty doesn't sound too appealing to me. That's not to say there isn't anything good about the Bible, but I won't make it the cornerstone of my life. Also, like Infinity said, christianity and religion in general often impose far too many restrictions in one's life that seem both uncomfortable and unnecessary to me. I seem to be doing just fine without it, so I think I'll keep it that way.

I think studying religion makes for a good intellectual exercise, however.

May I say that you're the only person that gave an answer that I can understand?

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice

The Bible is contradicting because under the message of love and tolerance, is nothing but bigotry and self-righteousness.

Not to mention that it was written by several different people, and since we are only human, we are bound to assert our own opinions. Thus, some opinions may contradict others.

Zipporahss

The Bible is contradicting because under the message of love and tolerance, is nothing but bigotry and self-righteousness.

Not to mention that it was written by several different people, and since we are only human, we are bound to assert our own opinions. Thus, some opinions may contradict others.

Hm... understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back