• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A quick question...?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TraverseinTrance

Sorry if someone already asked this, but is the 7th light going to be Kairi or Lea? I know Lea can wield a keyblade now, but I remember in the secret ending Kairi came to train or something? So who is the 7th one?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It is deliberately left open by Nomura who the seventh one is in order to let the fans speculate.

The DDD Ultimania also remains vague on it, yet due to pictures used and statements in the interviews there are Lea, Roxas and Kairi as candidates.

TraverseinTrance

It is deliberately left open by Nomura who the seventh one is in order to let the fans speculate.

The DDD Ultimania also remains vague on it, yet due to pictures used and statements in the interviews there are Lea, Roxas and Kairi as candidates.

Ah, I see. Thank you!! :)

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
As mentioned, it's supposed to be ambiguous as to who the seventh light is, though from what I've heard the Secret Ending in English is titled something along the lines of: "The Last Guardian". Seeing as I don't have the game can someone confirm that?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As mentioned, it's supposed to be ambiguous as to who the seventh light is, though from what I've heard the Secret Ending in English is titled something along the lines of: "The Last Guardian". Seeing as I don't have the game can someone confirm that?

The secret ending is called "Another Guardian of Light", no number or definite statement given.
People tend to overblow that a bit since any Keyblade Wielder can be a guardian of the Light. It's practically the job description for a sane Keyblade wielder in this era.
I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet, although another possiblity is of course that Kairi may be indeed the seventh and Lea or Roxas function only as a temporary substitute for Terra.

I admit, right now I tend to theorize more into the direction that in the very final battle, Lea, Roxas and Xion won't be X-blade lights but additional allies like Donald and Goofy.

Ruran

Awards
The secret ending is called "Another Guardian of Light", no number or definite statement given.
People tend to overblow that a bit since any Keyblade Wielder can be a guardian of the Light. It's practically the job description for a sane Keyblade wielder in this era.
I wouldn't jump to conclusions yet, although another possiblity is of course that Kairi may be indeed the seventh and Lea or Roxas function only as a temporary substitute for Terra.

I admit, right now I tend to theorize more into the direction that in the very final battle, Lea, Roxas and Xion won't be X-blade lights but additional allies like Donald and Goofy.

Don't worry I ain't jumping to conclusions, I just know that others will take it as confirmation.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Don't worry I ain't jumping to conclusions, I just know that others will take it as confirmation.

Knowing how the KH fandom works I do fear bad blood anyways when the full seven are finally revealed and some of those who are fans of the characters not chosen will throw a hissy fit and a rage storm.
Then there's going to be much fighting around, possibly even as severe as a shipping war *shudders*.

yomitchymitch

I personally thought it was both Lea and Kairi since they only have 5 lights.. MX states that he has Terra and Sora leaving them three short. Get Sora back, that leaves two open spots

Ruran

Awards
Knowing how the KH fandom works I do fear bad blood anyways when the full seven are finally revealed and some of those who are fans of the characters not chosen will throw a hissy fit and a rage storm.
Then there's going to be much fighting around, possibly even as severe as a shipping war *shudders*.

Oh, that storm is already brewing, it just hasn't reached the fever pitch yet. I know someone who's certain that Sora isn't a Light because he failed the MoM, and some of the comments on Youtube haven't been pretty.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh, that storm is already brewing, it just hasn't reached the fever pitch yet. I know someone who's certain that Sora isn't a Light because he failed the MoM, and some of the comments on Youtube haven't been pretty.

Yikes, I knew it.
Yeah lol, as if the MoM has anything to to with that. If we go by that premise, we would only have three lights so far: Riku, Mickey and Aqua since no one else from the good guys has passed a MoM yet.
I tend to generally ignore Youtube-comments because they're to 90% awful, uninformed or some random ranting.

My pet peeves are those who bitch around that a this or that character should not return because they don't like him/her, it can't get much more childish.

Ruran

Awards
Yikes, I knew it.
Yeah lol, as if the MoM has anything to to with that. If we go by that premise, we would only have three lights so far: Riku, Mickey and Aqua since no one else from the good guys has passed a MoM yet.
I tend to generally ignore Youtube-comments because they're to 90% awful, uninformed or some random ranting.

My pet peeves are those who bitch around that a this or that character should not return because they don't like him/her, it can't get much more childish.

And this is were things get polarizing in terms of Kairi. It's usually either complete enthusiasm or complete disdain. I don't know what they going to do with her yet so I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
And this is were things get polarizing in terms of Kairi. It's usually either complete enthusiasm or complete disdain. I don't know what they going to do with her yet so I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch.

I know, beside Xion, Kairi is probably the most polarizing character in the whole cast of original characters we have.
It's also somewhat iffy with there being probably fans of other characters who aren't really Kairi-haters who may still accuse her of stealing spotlight away from their characters, as for KH III there is really much to do if Nomura does not plan to lovelessly cut together the saving of some of the tormented people into one cutscene.
Since almost all important characters had at least one if not more scenes in DDD fans will demand more of them in KH III since they're still important. Throwing Kairi now into the mix as well can be highly dangerous since regardless of how long and big KH III may ever be, Nomura's script writers had so far not really a good hand in distributing screentime for the important charactes evenly.
The only entries in the series managing that at least rudimentally were KH 1 and BBS.

That's why I fear making Kairi now more important so suddenly right before the finale will do more harm than good. They should have established a bit more presence for her already earlier or wait with that until the next saga.

Ruran

Awards
I know, beside Xion, Kairi is probably the most polarizing character in the whole cast of original characters we have.
It's also somewhat iffy with there being probably fans of other characters who aren't really Kairi-haters who may still accuse her of stealing spotlight away from their characters, as for KH III there is really much to do if Nomura does not plan to lovelessly cut together the saving of some of the tormented people into one cutscene.
Since almost all important characters had at least one if not more scenes in DDD fans will demand more of them in KH III since they're still important. Throwing Kairi now into the mix as well can be highly dangerous since regardless of how long and big KH III may ever be, Nomura's script writers had so far not really a good hand in distributing screentime for the important charactes evenly.
The only entries in the series managing that at least rudimentally were KH 1 and BBS.

That's why I fear making Kairi now more important so suddenly right before the finale will do more harm than good. They should have established a bit more presence for her already earlier or wait with that until the next saga.

For a while the writers seemed unsure of what to do with Kairi so they left bumping her importance at the last minute. I think they should have either dropped the significance of her wielding a Keyblade all together or waited until after the Xehanort Saga to make more of a point of it. Considering how they've handled her character up till this point it might just be the same old same old. Being a more important character or having a bigger role doesn't necessarily mean that she'll have a bunch of screen time and/or development, for all we know she can only have one or two (short) scenes in all of KH3 encompassing her entire role in the story. Though I also fear that it can do more harm than good because she can very easily feel forced in. She already does a little since she's generally had such little presence in the series.

MasterZeR0

I personally thought it was both Lea and Kairi since they only have 5 lights.. MX states that he has Terra and Sora leaving them three short. Get Sora back, that leaves two open spots

This is correct. Terra is one of X's vessels at the mo. In other words, he's not a light. Sora, Riku, Mickey, Ventus, Aqua, Lea, and Kairi are most likely the guardians of light. Or replace Kairi with Roxas, especially since Sora confirmed to him (and the audience) that he is his own person.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Here are the seven lights as far as I see it

1. Sora
2. Riku
3. Mivkey
4. Lea
5. Kairi
6. Aqua
7. Ventus

Since according to Yen Sid they know where Aqua is. She can lead them to Ventus. And Sora and Riku can now wake a sleeping heart. So they'll wake Ven up

Smithee

Awards
This is correct. Terra is one of X's vessels at the mo. In other words, he's not a light. Sora, Riku, Mickey, Ventus, Aqua, Lea, and Kairi are most likely the guardians of light. Or replace Kairi with Roxas, especially since Sora confirmed to him (and the audience) that he is his own person.

It's possible that the "Terra" who MX claims to have is actually Terranort from BBS, courtesy of time-travel.

Hecxy

Website
www.facebook.com
The way I see it, Mickey counted Terra, so he must come into play (somehow) as being one of the 7 lights.

So,

1.Sora
2.Riku
3.Ventus
4.Aqua
5.Terra
6.Mickey
7. Lea or Roxas

Sora mentioning that he and Roxas aren't the same person, and Xemnas revealing that Nobodies can indeed have hearts leads us to believe that Roxas can be his own self and exist separately from Sora.
It's Kingdom Hearts, so anything is possible.

Just don't let the 7th light be Kairi and life will be good.

Smithee

Awards
The way I see it, Mickey counted Terra, so he must come into play (somehow) as being one of the 7 lights.

So,

1.Sora
2.Riku
3.Ventus
4.Aqua
5.Terra
6.Mickey
7. Lea or Roxas

Sora mentioning that he and Roxas aren't the same person, and Xemnas revealing that Nobodies can indeed have hearts leads us to believe that Roxas can be his own self and exist separately from Sora.
It's Kingdom Hearts, so anything is possible.

Just don't let the 7th light be Kairi and life will be good.

^Seconded.

Kairi + Princess Of Heart + 7th Light = DEPARTMENT OF REDUNDANCY DEPARTMENT

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Youtube: 1% intelligence, 99% hot gas

a bit of an overstatement, but there you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back