• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A random thought

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Replaying KINGDOM HEARTS III, I noticed a couple of things:

* Xehanort suggests that the Keyblade War was started for some people, in this case, the Lost Masters

* He also believes that the future has already been written and looks and makes reference at the All Seeing Eye in No Name

It's my belief that Xehanort knows this because someone told him. And that someone was his and Eraqus' Master: the MoM.

I think their Master is the MoM because Eraqus says that their Master's favorite story is that of the Keyblade War, and after KHUx's update, we have to ask ourselves, of the many Keyblade Wars that have occurred, could they be making reference to the one the MoM lived through? That was the war that summoned purposedly summoned Kingdom Hearts, seeing as how the other Wars weren't on purpose.

And how would Xehanort know that the future has already been written? Because the MoM saw all of it and told him.

Now, I know we've been told that the MoM disappeared, and if possible, he never did and just stayed in the shadows. Being the Master of Eraqus and Xehanort would be too much of a stretch, but I really think it's possible that he was their Master.

okhi12

Awards
I would like that much more than the 'Master of Masters is time traveling Sora' theory being true.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I think that the MoM is a Time Travelling Sora or a new character; however, I think Xehanort and Eraqus learned from Ephemer.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think that the MoM is a Time Travelling Sora or a new character; however, I think Xehanort and Eraqus learned from Ephemer.
We don't know what happens with Ephemera after KHUx, but I don't think he's their Master. He would be too young. If anything, it's possible that Ephemera is the first of the Bluebloods.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
We don't know what happens with Ephemera after KHUx, but I don't think he's their Master. He would be too young. If anything, it's possible that Ephemera is the first of the Bluebloods.

Well, we don't know the exact timeframe from the end of Union Cross to the beginning of BBS. What we do know is that Luxu gave the Goat of Atonement to one of the Union Leaders.

It's not Lauriam or Skuld for obvious reasons.
It could be Brain, considering that it's obvious that Brain is Eraqus' ancestor (both have spiky black hair, and dark colored eyes).
Which begs the question "Why wouldn't it be bequeathed to Eraqus instead of Xehanort?
That leaves Ventus and Ephemer, and Ventus is clearly not Xehanort and Eraqus' master.
Ephemer makes the most sense to be Eraqus and Xehanort's Master.

Whomever taught X&E was someone who preached Light = good, Dark = bad enough that Eraqus developed a bias against Darkness.

Ventus has no problem with Darkness.
Lauriam was busy in the darkness after UX.
Skuld is Subject X.
That leaves Brain and Ephemer again.
Brain is mysterious, and is currently the front-runner suspect in a murder mystery (along with Ven). Not very Light-side of him.
Ephemer is very much about the Light. In fact, he's a lot like Sora. Sora's the biggest Light-heart of them all.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well, we don't know the exact timeframe from the end of Union Cross to the beginning of BBS.
We do know that Eraqus is part of a long line of Keyblade wielders from the age of KHUx called the Bluebloods, meaning that, yes, it's possible that Ephemera initiated that bloodline, but Eraqus is a descendant, meaning that Ephemera couldn't have been his Master.

What we do know is that Luxu gave the Goat of Atonement to one of the Union Leaders.
From where did this name come from?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
We do know that Eraqus is part of a long line of Keyblade wielders from the age of KHUx called the Bluebloods, meaning that, yes, it's possible that Ephemera initiated that bloodline, but Eraqus is a descendant, meaning that Ephemera couldn't have been his Master.

Just to clarify, the term "blueblood" refers to a person of noble birth. Eraqus is a blueblood because he is descended from one of the first masters which basically makes him royalty, not because his bloodline is actually named as such.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

I keep seeing people call No Name "The Goat of Atonement"... which is weird. I think they're trying to make it official by constantly saying it.

I would love the MoM being Eraqus/Xehanort's master. It would make the MoM such a master manipulator and/or this entity that has knowledge of the future and just making sure events unfold as they should (maybe he feels hellbent on ensuring destiny stays as is, rather than the light changing it?)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Just to clarify, the term "blueblood" refers to a person of noble birth. Eraqus is a blueblood because he is descended from one of the first masters which basically makes him royalty, not because his bloodline is actually named as such.
Thanks for the clarification!
I keep seeing people call No Name "The Goat of Atonement"... which is weird. I think they're trying to make it official by constantly saying it.
Yeah. The fandom tends to do this a lot: pass a theory for fact. Happened with the Rebirth theory, keeps happening with the Sleeping Realm theory.

I would love the MoM being Eraqus/Xehanort's master. It would make the MoM such a master manipulator and/or this entity that has knowledge of the future and just making sure events unfold as they should (maybe he feels hellbent on ensuring destiny stays as is, rather than the light changing it?)
Iunno, the MoM disappearing from KHx seemed to suggest he didn't want to intervene in anything. Maybe he disappeared because he didn't want to get caught in the hellhole?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I would love the MoM being Eraqus/Xehanort's master.

Except he left the world line in Back Cover and hasn't been back since.

It would make the MoM such a master manipulator and/or this entity that has knowledge of the future and just making sure events unfold as they should (maybe he feels hellbent on ensuring destiny stays as is, rather than the light changing it?)

He's still a master manipulator.

We do know that Eraqus is part of a long line of Keyblade wielders from the age of KHUx called the Bluebloods, meaning that, yes, it's possible that Ephemera initiated that bloodline, but Eraqus is a descendant

*record scratch*

In a game about connections?
Two people who share physical traits? Across time.
Where family has literally been unimportant (for a lack of a more dismissive word) to the story for 17 years...
The kid with the white, round hair and blue eyes....

Is the ancestor to the guy with spiky black hair and dark eyes.
>_< O_O >_< *sigh* okay.

meaning that Ephemera couldn't have been his Master.

Whatever happened at the end of Union Cross scattered the Union Leaders across time.
Lauriam ended up in the modern age - or rather sometime between Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts 1. Specifically after the formation of the Organization and Luxord is recruited.
Skuld ended up in the recent past, shortly after BBS. Specifically after Braig lost an eye, Apprentice Xehanort's heart and he started getting his memories back slowly, but before the apprentices banished Ansem the Wise.
Ventus ended up shortly before BBS.
Whatever happened to Brain and Ephemer took them to a point where one of them started a *long* bloodline.
The other was Xehanort and Eraqus' direct master.

One of the descendants....shares physical traits...you know, like family members do...with one of the union leaders....
in a game where familial connections are worthless...until now...in a game series where the tiniest, stupid detail is important (seething maliciously at you Recusant's Sigil)....

2 people with similar physical traits is not important......

And the kid with white, curly hair....
>_<
>____<
>_____________________________________________<
*snorts Tide Pod and yeets out the window*

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Wasn't it confirmed that the guy Young Xehanort talks to in the Re:Mind trailer the MoM? If so, then I believe that gives more weight to MoM being their master.

Wouldn't it make more sense for Brain to be Eraqus's ancestor? Same hair color, probably same eye color.
And he's the only one not accounted for. Ven, Lauriam, and Skuld, if she is indeed Subject X, were flung into present time, while Ephemer.... *confused noises*

Well, he appeared as a spirit in KH3, I guess. And the MoM in the most recent update implies not everyone returned to the reborn world, so it's possible Ephemer had to stay behind.

Also, isn't "Goat of Atonement" from the KH3 Ultimania?
Sort of yes? I think there was something about a mistranslation calling it that, but I dunno.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Except he left the world line in Back Cover and hasn't been back since.
Yet we see him speaking with Young Xehanort in the Re:MIND trailer.

*record scratch*

In a game about connections?
Two people who share physical traits? Across time.
Where family has literally been unimportant (for a lack of a more dismissive word) to the story for 17 years...
The kid with the white, round hair and blue eyes....

Is the ancestor to the guy with spiky black hair and dark eyes.
>_< O_O >_< *sigh* okay.
Per KH3's Secret Reports Eraqus is a descendant of the Dandelions, yes.

Whatever happened to Brain and Ephemer took them to a point where one of them started a *long* bloodline.
The other was Xehanort and Eraqus' direct master.
You can't have one and the other. It's just one. If Brain or Ephemera started a long line of Keyblade Wielders, then he couldn't have been Eraqus' and Xehanort's Master. It's presumed that Scala is a very old civilization, meaning that whoever started the civilization must be very old by now, so they can't be their Masters.

Wouldn't it make more sense for Brain to be Eraqus's ancestor? Same hair color, probably same eye color.
Yeah.

Also, isn't "Goat of Atonement" from the KH3 Ultimania?
Can't say I remember

Wasn't it confirmed that the guy Young Xehanort talks to in the Re:Mind trailer the MoM? If so, then I believe that gives more weight to MoM being their master.
I think they have the same Japanese voice actor.

Well, he appeared as a spirit in KH3, I guess. And the MoM in the most recent update implies not everyone returned to the reborn world, so it's possible Ephemer had to stay behind.
But if Luxu knows that there's a virus, and Brain describes himself as a virus, why would Luxu trust the MoM's Keyblade into someone that wants to thwarts the Master's plans? Or will something happen that will lead Luxu to think that Ephemera is the virus and he will hand Brain the Keyblade? Maybe this is all part of the MoM's plan? Perhaps he wanted Ephemera to have No Name in order to somehow see the future and specifically intervene when Sora needed the help?

Sort of yes? I think there was something about a mistranslation calling it that, but I dunno.
I can't say I remember No Name ever having another name.

---

Completely unrelated, but you know what would be funny? If Xehanort ended up being from the Age of Fairytales as well and was a Dandelion and the MoM specifically put him in the time where he is and Luxu would think he'd finally find the perfect wielder for No Name.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I'm still curious why that is, considering that Nomura explicitly stated he wouldn't be in KH3, but his "surprise", a.k.a whatever was in the Black Box, would be. It's funny how it ended up being completely the other way around.

Completely unrelated, but you know what would be funny? If Xehanort ended up being from the Age of Fairytales as well and was a Dandelion and the MoM specifically put him in the time where he is and Luxu would think he'd finally find the perfect wielder for No Nam
Sure, why the heck not? A good third of the original cast already is at this point 🙄

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
But if Luxu knows that there's a virus, and Brain describes himself as a virus, why would Luxu trust the MoM's Keyblade into someone that wants to thwarts the Master's plans? Or will something happen that will lead Luxu to think that Ephemera is the virus and he will hand Brain the Keyblade? Maybe this is all part of the MoM's plan? Perhaps he wanted Ephemera to have No Name in order to somehow see the future and specifically intervene when Sora needed the help?
Brain's personality and actions could also wind up making him a more favorable candidate for bequeathing, even though he's the virus.

Completely unrelated, but you know what would be funny? If Xehanort ended up being from the Age of Fairytales as well and was a Dandelion and the MoM specifically put him in the time where he is and Luxu would think he'd finally find the perfect wielder for No Name.
I hate that I can believe this happening.

I'm still curious why that is, considering that Nomura explicitly stated he wouldn't be in KH3, but his "surprise", a.k.a whatever was in the Black Box, would be. It's funny how it ended up being completely the other way around.
Using Nomura logic here, but he might not be counting Re:Mind as it's DLC and we learned that the Black Box contains "hope" so... *shrugs*

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Per KH3's Secret Reports Eraqus is a descendant of the Dandelions, yes.

You can't have one and the other. It's just one. If Brain or Ephemera started a long line of Keyblade Wielders, then he couldn't have been Eraqus' and Xehanort's Master. It's presumed that Scala is a very old civilization, meaning that whoever started the civilization must be very old by now, so they can't be their Masters.

Yeah.

Can't say I remember

I think they have the same Japanese voice actor.

---

Oh that would undermine so much of what defines Xehanort as a character. Specifically his ties with Destiny Islands and how much that impacted his decisions in life

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

We don't know when Secret Report 13 was written, but it was around the time Xehanort inherited The Gazing Eye. Long after the bloodline of Eraqus started.

The one who started the bloodline, yes. Their direct master, no.
I'm saying Brain started the bloodline and Ephemer was X&E's master.

But if Luxu knows that there's a virus, and Brain describes himself as a virus, why would Luxu trust the MoM's Keyblade into someone that wants to thwarts the Master's plans?

Because he doesn't thwart MoM's plan. Before he left, he saw he plan work.

Or will something happen that will lead Luxu to think that Ephemera is the virus and he will hand Brain the Keyblade? Maybe this is all part of the MoM's plan? Perhaps he wanted Ephemera to have No Name in order to somehow see the future and specifically intervene when Sora needed the help?

If MoM is Sora like you'd like to believe, he wouldn't have any plans against current Sora.

It's called The Gazing Eye in Secret Report 13.

I'd hate that so much. Especially since his origins were already confirmed and they ALREADY pulled that BS bait-and-switch with him.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The one who started the bloodline, yes. Their direct master, no.
I'm saying Brain started the bloodline and Ephemer was X&E's master.
Ephemera can't be X&E's Master because we see him help Sora in the Keyblade Graveyard, with no physical appearance changes aka aging.

Because he doesn't thwart MoM's plan. Before he left, he saw he plan work.
'cept Luxu doesn't know this.

If MoM is Sora like you'd like to believe, he wouldn't have any plans against current Sora.
Yet to be seen.

The Gazing eye is in reference to the Master's eye in the Keyblade, not the Keyblade itself.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Using Nomura logic here, but he might not be counting Re:Mind as it's DLC and we learned that the Black Box contains "hope" so... *shrugs*
*Sigh* Yep, that sounds about right. Though, just for clarity's sake, was the box said to be "hope" in a report, or in a cutscene?

Ephemera can't be X&E's Master because we see him help Sora in the Keyblade Graveyard, with no physical appearance changes aka aging.
I mean, if he were their Master, that would mean he would've since died of old age long, LONG ago. And considering that Xehanort and Eraqus reverted back to their younger forms as they passed on, Ephemera was likely a similar case. That, or it's like Fudgemint suggested, and he reached out to Sora from within the Unchained Realm. This would actually be much more consistent with the X trilogy, since Ephemera has already shown this exact ability back when he reached out to the Player character in KH X. Grant it, it was while Player was asleep, but who's to say he hasn't learned to extend his reach into the waking world after however many years of being stuck in that realm? Why exactly he would've done such an absurdly random thing out of the blue, I have absolutely no idea, but it is theoretically possible.

Back