• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A random thought.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Luxu was possessing Braig/Xigbar, who has power over Space. It's possible that the Black Box was in some sort of pocket dimension, hidden in plain view all this time, not because of some complicated reason.

The question still is: why send literally everyone into a wild goose chase over a Box he knew where it was?

I'd like to think that Luxu was confronted about it by someone, and he just casually spilled the beans for the fun of it.

darknessofheart

Awards
My theory is that it was actually an order handed down by Master Xehanort, who has proven that he himself knows quite a bit about the history of the keyblade than most characters. If Xigbar was instructed to relay those orders, it would make sense that he would just send everyone on a wild goose chase while keeping the secret to himself. He didn't want Xehanort to find it but gave out the orders so it would appear that he was still loyal.

When Luxord mentions the box, he said the higher-ups (in the plural) only gave one clue; hope. This indicated that at least one other character aside from Xigbar revealed that information to him and was most likely MX or one of his other forms.

Xigbar revealing the existence of the box never made sense to me simply because I think Xehanort would've found it odd that he would know so much, so I think it makes sense Xehanort revealed his knowledge of the box, surprising Xigbar, and had him relay the order. It appears that Xehanort knew the MoM, so he might know things that even Luxu doesn't. Everyone thinks they're using each other, while they're basically all being played in one way or another.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
My theory is that it was actually an order handed down by Master Xehanort, who has proven that he himself knows quite a bit about the history of the keyblade than most characters. If Xigbar was instructed to relay those orders, it would make sense that he would just send everyone on a wild goose chase while keeping the secret to himself. He didn't want Xehanort to find it but gave out the orders so it would appear that he was still loyal.

When Luxord mentions the box, he said the higher-ups (in the plural) only gave one clue; hope. This indicated that at least one other character aside from Xigbar revealed that information to him and was most likely MX or one of his other forms.

Xigbar revealing the existence of the box never made sense to me simply because I think Xehanort would've found it odd that he would know so much, so I think it makes sense Xehanort revealed his knowledge of the box, surprising Xigbar, and had him relay the order. It appears that Xehanort knew the MoM, so he might know things that even Luxu doesn't. Everyone thinks they're using each other, while they're basically all being played in one way or another.
I presume the Norts only knew that the contents of the Box would help them achieve their goals. I don't think anyone besides Luxu knows what's in there.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Hm, you know the trailers for Re:Mind kinda add some credence to your random though seeing Luxord seems to approach and talk to Xigbar about the box.

That said it was talked about as if there were other's in the Orgs higher ranks that knew of it and wanted it as well. Still Luxu knowing where it was could easily task others to look for it, knowing they wouldn't find it for the reasons darknessofheart mentioned.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Obviously he sent them all after the box because he thought it would be funny.

AR829038

Awards
My guess is that Xehanort never originally knew about the box, and Xigbar was the one who told him. My theory goes like this:
I don't believe Xigbar ever intended to mention the box. I'm sure he was planning on keeping it to himself until the time came for it to reappear after the conflict.
But Maleficent did know about the Box. Darkness told her about it, as she explicitly mentions, and we can see Xigbar watching over Maleficent and Pete digging for it. Now, as far as Xigbar/Luxu is concerned, Maleficent is an unknown variable that his Master's plans never really accounted for, at least not as far as he knows it. So seeing her searching for something that only he should know about doubtlessly freaked him out and set him on high alert. If she knows about the Box, who else might? And if there were any chance she might actually find it, that would be disastrous for the Master of Masters' plans.
So, my guess is that once Xigbar realized he was no longer the only one hunting for the Box, he realized he would need to make sure Maleficent and Pete didn't get to it. And to do that, he spilled the beans to Master Xehanort and some of the higher ups—NOT about everything, mind you, just about how Maleficent was searching for a box, and that he had reason to believe that whatever was in this box would be of great value to their plans should it be found by them instead. Of course he wouldn't have betrayed his true identity or the contents of the box—if Xehanort ever knew how much more dastardly and conniving than him Xigbar really was, then he probably would have thrown him out of the Organization for seeing him as the legitimate threat that he was. So, Xigbar devised a way to get the other members of the Organization hunting around the worlds for the Box JUST IN CASE IT COULD ACTUALLY BE FOUND, because God forbid anyone but himself should ever get their hands on it.
If it weren't for that one scene of him spying on them digging for the box, he likely never would have brought it up in the first place.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
IDK about all the mess around the Black Box, but I do know I'm excited to see 5 competent and uniform villains actually be a menacing threat for the future. He was defeated before, but we don't know he wasn't holding back for theatrics, that's totally in his personality. Aced was wicked in Back Cover, at his current state he could tear through everyone in the GoL lineup except maybe Riku. Isa could be a formidable ally as well, even without a keyblade he may retain his moon powers (I'd like to see some more non-keyblade heroes too like how Lea can still use his chakram). Ira didn't use his power much but there has to be a reason he was put in charge. Invi held her own against Aced so we know she's gonna mess some people up, and Gula was pretty scared during the fight with Aced but that doesn't mean he's not got Ven or Sora level keyblade skills. He could have honed them during their away time. Ava deviated from MoM's plan by giving Brain the book of prophecies and he's dismantling the X era worldline they're all trapped in so she'll definitely be an ally to the GoL. Then there's going to be MoM. Gosh it's exciting.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
The Black Box could have been in Ariel's Grotto. Nobody ever goes to Atlantica, especially not the org.

As for why have everyone look for it? Who knows. Only Luxord and Xigbar seemed tied to it. Larxene sure didn't seem to care about it or even thinks it exists. Xehanort never mentions the box himself so how involved he is in that quest remains to be seen. And like the seven princesses storyline it doesn't go anywhere for his plot. Just a stinger for KH4.

darknessofheart

Awards
I presume the Norts only knew that the contents of the Box would help them achieve their goals. I don't think anyone besides Luxu knows what's in there.

I think that makes sense as long as Xehanort's source of information on the box isn't Xigbar. Xigbar telling Xehanort "Hey, by the way, there is this chest I know about that will be critical to our plans" would just make zero sense to me. That would've certainly raised a red flag to Xehanort. As far as he knows, Xigbar should not have any information about that and would not have sent out organization members to find something he knows little about. Had Xehanort knew of Braig's connections to the past and recruited him specifically for that reason, that's another story, but as far as Braig knows, and we know, Xehanort knows nothing of his true origins.

Now, if Xehanort had found out through some other means, perhaps from his conversation with MoM, that makes sense because at least then his source of information is from an individual of immense power from that time period. Yes, so is Luxu, but he needs to play the role of Braig/Xigbar, a man who lived in Radiant Garden during relatively recent years, so he can't just casually reveal so much crucial information about events from of an ancient past when he is playing the role of an ignorant man with a desire for the keyblade.

Last edited:

ZeVaine

Awards
What's interesting is that the Xehanort team actively looks for both "Subject X" and The black box...

Now, is the solution is that Xigbar had the box all along, or did they really "find" it? And if he did have the box, then like you said, why have everyone go around looking for it? I don't think Xehanort knew who Xigbar/Braig was all this time, and he was just "playing dumb" like Luxord suggests, to let Master Xehanort believe he was "figuring" out the truth on his own.

MoM seemed to have set-up Xehanort to some extent, though I don't know why he would want Xehanort to find the box, when Luxu has it... Or why it would have disappeared, if it was really was "lost".

GreyouTT

Awards
Luxu was possessing Braig/Xigbar, who has power over Space. It's possible that the Black Box was in some sort of pocket dimension, hidden in plain view all this time, not because of some complicated reason.

The question still is: why send literally everyone into a wild goose chase over a Box he knew where it was?

I'd like to think that Luxu was confronted about it by someone, and he just casually spilled the beans for the fun of it.
Xehanort probably learned about it from old records and sent them out to look for it, thinking there might be a clue to the war/KH/the X-blade in it. Luxu obviously wouldn't want his master's stuff messed with, so he just didn't say anything and made sure it stayed hidden.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Xehanort probably learned about it from old records and sent them out to look for it, thinking there might be a clue to the war/KH/the X-blade in it. Luxu obviously wouldn't want his master's stuff messed with, so he just didn't say anything and made sure it stayed hidden.
Yeah, but I wonder. Who would have seen the Box and leave a record of it?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Yeah, but I wonder. Who would have seen the Box and leave a record of it?
Well it could be that the master himself left a record of it, or maybe even Darkness from UX knew about it and created records of it.

Alternatively it's been so long that it might have been discovered a few times early on, causing legends of it to form.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well it could be that the master himself left a record of it, or maybe even Darkness from UX knew about it and created records of it.

Alternatively it's been so long that it might have been discovered a few times early on, causing legends of it to form.
Possibly Darkness. He seems like an all knowing AI.

Back