• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Small Change to the NA Edition of KH (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Square Enix Made One Helpful Change To Kingdom Hearts 3D | Siliconera

Aside from the English voice acting, Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] is pretty much the same game Japan got in March.

One of the main features in Kingdom Hearts 3D is the drop system, which forces players to switch between Sora and Riku when the meter runs out. It’s a mechanic, Co-Director Tai Yasue said, that adds tension to combat. When I spoke to Yasue, I told him about my experience of having the game "Drop" for the first time when I was in the middle of a boss fight. When I switched back to Riku the boss’ life bar refilled, but Riku’s health wasn’t.

Yasue assured me that won’t happen in the North American version. Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] will restore your HP before a boss battle begins. Basically, if you happen to "Drop" out during a boss fight Sora or Riku and the boss will all start the fight again with full health whenever you switch characters. This was a good move by Square Enix since replaying an entire boss fight after losing life from the same fight before the Drop was unnecessarily frustrating. I’ll just imagine Kingdom Hearts Rubicante healed both groups off screen so they can have a fair fight.

Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] comes out on July 31 in North America. We’ll have a longer interview with Yasue on Siliconera after E3.

Happy with this change? Wonder if this will cause a Final Mix?

Last edited by a moderator:

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I'm glad that's fixed. It'll make the game a bit more easier. But I don't like the idea of having to drop in the middle of a boss battle, I don't want to fight them again, especially if I'm winning!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
But I don't like the idea of having to drop in the middle of a boss battle, I don't want to fight them again, especially if I'm winning!
One more hit on a tough boss... time is running down, you press "A" but the game lags... and you drop >:D

TepidShark

Awards
I know I said this when BBSFM was announced, but it is seems more true this time. If there is going to be a Final Mix of DDD, it seems like it will be just a port of the Western Version like what they did for FF13.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Glad to hear it, but it was obvious they would make that change for the game... It's a little bit embarrassing for a company when they have to release a patch for something when the game should have already been checked for those things. :p

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Glad to hear it, but it was obvious they would make that change for the game... It's a little bit embarrassing for a company when they have to release a patch for something when the game should have already been checked for those things. :p
Game companies have really let it slip when it comes to things that should have been corrected in the first version of the game.Like, did they really think it was a fine idea to have the health stay the same?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Just remember, a secret boss takes thirty minutes to beat, Dropping may only take twenty.

IT'S A TARP!!!

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Good change, I still don't like the idea of dropping during boss fights, but whatever
(WE HAD A SMALL CHANGE TO OUR GAME, NOW JAPAN WILL HAVE A FM!)
(I'm kidding)

Katsagu

Awards
Nice change SE :D Hope this happens too in the europe version :9
But i dont really like the drop idea.... i prefered the BBS way :)

UltimaJackpot

After (repeatedly and mercilessly) being screwed by this mechanic in the Japanese version, this is a welcome change.

Seems like something they could easily patch into the Japanese release, without the need for a Final Mix, too.

Arkrend

The 3DS supports patching and DLC.

There is no development reason for there to be a final mix aside from Square exploiting how the Japanese market will eat whatever they give them.

I'd figure that since they started supporting DLC with the Final Fantasy games that Kingdom Hearts would get the same treatment.

Although it doesn't take long before the innocence of DLC is ruined by Day 1 Priced DLC, different pre-order incentives from every stores from every country so you need to buy fifteen copies to get every Keyblade, and of course playing through the entire game only to realize the ending is a tease for you to buy more DLC for the "real ending".

I can only wonder what is worse for the customers' pockets and prides? Final Mixes, or DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back