• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Small Change to the NA Edition of KH (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key Wielder

Awards
Actually, I like that you can drop during boss fights. I'm sure I'll be yelling at the screen when it actually happens, but it adds a little more excitement to boss battles to try to get through before you drop. I'm glad they replenish your health, though. That would have been beyond frustrating, especially if you dropped when you were down to one HP.

Seems like something they could easily patch into the Japanese release, without the need for a Final Mix, too.

This, pretty much. It isn't like they are adding content. That would be like if they made BBSFM just because Mega Flare was too powerful and was toned down in the localized versions.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I think it would be awesome if they gave us a couple more extras as a surprise.

I want a Sho Minimoto secret boss and a Keyblade made entirely of pins.

Actually, I want to fight Bahamut. We were supposed to get him as a summon for the original but didn't, so I think fighting Bahamut with awesome Flowmotion sounds reasonable.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The 3DS supports patching and DLC.

There is no development reason for there to be a final mix aside from Square exploiting how the Japanese market will eat whatever they give them.

I'd figure that since they started supporting DLC with the Final Fantasy games that Kingdom Hearts would get the same treatment.

Although it doesn't take long before the innocence of DLC is ruined by Day 1 Priced DLC, different pre-order incentives from every stores from every country so you need to buy fifteen copies to get every Keyblade, and of course playing through the entire game only to realize the ending is a tease for you to buy more DLC for the "real ending".

I can only wonder what is worse for the customers' pockets and prides? Final Mixes, or DLC.

Please tell me you weren't refering to FFXIII-2 becuse I will only say this once in a calm manner.

There was nor there isn't a DLC ending

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Glad to hear it, but it was obvious they would make that change for the game... It's a little bit embarrassing for a company when they have to release a patch for something when the game should have already been checked for those things. :p

Not only that, but when the testers played through the games, I can see them missing something as small as the game-breaking glitch where you had to be on the stairs at an exact point. However, you cannot tell me that not one tester ever dropped during a boss battle and dropped back to a full health bar for the boss <_<

I think it would be awesome if they gave us a couple more extras as a surprise.

Honestly, I'd rather they not. If they gave us any extras it would automatically confirm a Final Mix version of DDD coming, and I don't think one boss vs. Sho is worth all the extra stuff Japan would get that we would never see the light of day, even with DLC available.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Not only that, but when the testers played through the games, I can see them missing something as small as the game-breaking glitch where you had to be on the stairs at an exact point. However, you cannot tell me that not one tester ever dropped during a boss battle and dropped back to a full health bar for the boss <_<

Honestly, I'd rather they not. If they gave us any extras it would automatically confirm a Final Mix version of DDD coming, and I don't think one boss vs. Sho is worth all the extra stuff Japan would get that we would never see the light of day, even with DLC available.

They could easily do DLC, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

kupo1121

Awards
They could easily do DLC, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Then why wouldn't they just give both of us the DLC simultaneously instead of giving it to the US first and making Japan wait for it. When Japan has to wait for something that we get first, they always get it later, with much more stuff that we'll never get.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Then why wouldn't they just give both of us the DLC simultaneously instead of giving it to the US first and making Japan wait for it. When Japan has to wait for something that we get first, they always get it later, with much more stuff that we'll never get.

That's what I think should happen, but Square Enix care about money, so there will probably be a Final Mix anyway.

kupo1121

Awards
That's what I think should happen, but Square Enix care about money, so there will probably be a Final Mix anyway.

If they cared about money, I think it would smarter to release all the content as DLC because even if you only get lets say $10 per person as compared to $60 if you made a new game only in Japan, the population in Europe, Japan, and the US players that would spend the $10 combined would easily make the $10 outweigh the $60.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yes, he's good at that ;D

But seriously, things like this make me feel better about having to wait for my area's release. Though I feel bad for the KH fans in Japan, cause this could be really, really annoying.

The worst part is they could easily patch it. Perhaps they will, only time will tell.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Big Mythbusters fan, are you?

Yes the patch has been release in Japan as well.

Oh. So everything is fine!

"Hello Japan, I am proud to unveil the Tokyo Game Show trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] Final Mix! (laughs)"

TerravsVentus

This is great and what about Japan? I hope Square-Enix releases a patch or something over the e-shop for them. Although it's a small change, it's kind of unfair to fans in Japan to have to live with that disadvantage.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This is great and what about Japan? I hope Square-Enix releases a patch or something over the e-shop for them. Although it's a small change, it's kind of unfair to fans in Japan to have to live with that disadvantage.

Read above, they did release a patch after all. We're on even terms now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back