• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Small Change to the NA Edition of KH (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
According to multiple sources the patch fixed story progression and a few issues with Riku's mechanics. It is still unclear (to me) if the patch fixed the health meter when dropping.

UltimaJackpot

According to multiple sources the patch fixed story progression and a few issues with Riku's mechanics. It is still unclear (to me) if the patch fixed the health meter when dropping.
Not entirely sure, I'll check that right now.

Edit: Nope, the patch still retains your health as it was before the drop. Wonder if they'll bother with a second patch to at least bring it up to par with the international version.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Why not just have it to where neither the boss's, nor Sora/Riku's health is restored? I'd honestly prefer that.

I agree, but what if you make a mistake in the battle? It's better to start from scratch.

I'm curious as to if you drop during secret boss battles.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I personally wouldn't have mind if they didn't change it so it would've been more challenging lol. But yeah it's nice it's more fair/forgiving now.

snow_flake40

Awards
How did they miss something like this, though? Just...how?

And does your health get replenished every time you drop or just for boss battles? Honestly, though, I'd much prefer it if they had both the health of the boss and the player stay the same when you drop. I always take forever with boss battles, so I'll probably find myself stuck in an endless loop of basically restarting the same battle for the rest of eternity. Lovely~

Claire-Farron

How did they miss something like this, though? Just...how?

And does your health get replenished every time you drop or just for boss battles? Honestly, though, I'd much prefer it if they had both the health of the boss and the player stay the same when you drop. I always take forever with boss battles, so I'll probably find myself stuck in an endless loop of basically restarting the same battle for the rest of eternity. Lovely~

Right?

And since DLC is being brought up.... DLC = Play as Winnie the Pooh and pawn dem dream eaters. :,D

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Actually, this is a really good change. :D

I wasn't aware of that health problem in the games, because I've been trying to avoid news on them. But the initial version sounds ridiculously frustrating, so I welcome the change for our version.

Miminezz

I remember watching the Japanese live streams and getting frustrated whenever a character got Dropped in the middle of a battle, came back and had to fight a fully healed boss while the player was screwed. I'm glad they fixed this, it would have been so much more needlessly complicated otherwise.

Last edited:

Swordsy

This confuses me some. Am I reading this correctly?

So you're fighting a boss as let's say Riku. Boss is almost dead, but then you have to drop. Once you finally get back to Riku, both he and the boss are back at full health. Or does only one get healed?

Frankly, I really wish the drop meter would stop during boss fights period. They're just making the game too easy if you are healed after a drop, and they are also making it too hard if the boss heals in my opinion. I've also heard that characters can get certain temporary power ups after drops. Again, to me at least, this is too much babying to the player. Struggling with a boss? Well get the heck over it, go back a little, and grind for at least a couple more levels. Or try and obtain different items, whatever.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Right?

And since DLC is being brought up.... DLC = Play as Winnie the Pooh and pawn dem dream eaters. :,D

Oh fluff and stuff. *unleashes massively powered combo* No honey here either *waddles off*

EDIT: Swordsy, what happened is in the JP version if you dropped during a boss battle and returned, their HP would refill but yours wouldn't. this patch makes it so when you drop back into a boss battle your HP is restored as well, putting it back on equal ground.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
This confuses me some. Am I reading this correctly?

So you're fighting a boss as let's say Riku. Boss is almost dead, but then you have to drop. Once you finally get back to Riku, both he and the boss are back at full health. Or does only one get healed?

Frankly, I really wish the drop meter would stop during boss fights period. They're just making the game too easy if you are healed after a drop, and they are also making it too hard if the boss heals in my opinion. I've also heard that characters can get certain temporary power ups after drops. Again, to me at least, this is too much babying to the player. Struggling with a boss? Well get the heck over it, go back a little, and grind for at least a couple more levels. Or try and obtain different items, whatever.

You both get healed, so I guess it is just right then? :p

You don't have to use the power ups when you drop, it's entirely up to you as far as I know. You can just switch without getting anything. So it's just an option for those who wish to use it.

Swordsy

Hmmm, well I do like the idea of prolonged boss fights, but still, the whole healing thing really seems unecessary and it just feels like they're making it too easy. I mean, picture this:

You're fighting some boss as Riku, and the boss is about to do a real powerful attack. Before you can react, the drop meter kicks in. So when you get back to Riku, you should remember to immediatly defend or dodge (scribble down a quick note or something). But no, instead everything is healed when you get back so the peril has gone down.

I mean if they're really going to include this drop meter in the boss fights, and this far into the series with an entry that's all about Sora and Riku growing up and going up in rank, they should actually make it that challenging. Maybe it won't be like this in the harder difficulties. I don't mean to gripe, it's just I'm more than a little fed up with some game developers making their newer games practically only for newer younger gamers, but that's another can of worms, lol.

UltimaJackpot

I wonder if they'll tweak boss HP, too. I don't know how I triggered it, but during one boss fight, I dropped and switched to Riku. When I switched back to Sora, not only was the boss at full health again, but it had an entire extra bar of HP that wasn't there before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back