• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A thought about the Limited Edition Strategy Guide

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

Hey, something just occurred to me. You know how everybody's wondering about this "Limited Edition Strategy Guide" that Gamestop and EB Games are offering? Well, nobody seems to have a picture of it yet, even though the game comes out at the end of this month. How do we know that the LE Strat. Guide, isn't just an english version of the KH Ultimania?

E

Eclipse

look the limited edition one is being made by brady games....and they said it's the same as the regular one but with art, fold outs, info and more.

what i do not get is that walmart is selling it for near 15 dollars..

and everywhere else is 30..?

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
TwilightSoulKey said:
look the limited edition one is being made by brady games....and they said it's the same as the regular one but with art, fold outs, info and more.

yea I was thinking that too.

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

TwilightSoulKey said:

For one thing, walmart could be wrong about what the book has in it. For a while, the walmart website said the game was coming out in fall of this year, so obviously they're not right about everything.

Also, read the price closer on the walmart link. It says the original price is $29.99 but that Walmart is dropping it's price down, just like Walmart does with everything it sells.

E

Eclipse

but walmart usually drops their product prices by 13 cents or sumn....not 15 dollars!

then they trick you into thinking their cheaper...while you pay more with tax.

they are crooks. screw you walmart

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

TwilightSoulKey said:
but walmart usually drops their product prices by 13 cents or sumn....not 15 dollars!

then they trick you into thinking their cheaper...while you pay more with tax.

they are crooks. screw you walmart
Ok, I'm sorry, I hate walmart also, but what you said didn't make any sense. What do you mean "you pay more with tax"? The sales tax rate is the exact same price in every single store(not just walmart) in your state. For example, I live in TX, and there the sales tax rate is 8.25%. That means that every store in TX, whether it's walmart or not, is required to charge 8.25% sales tax, on everything that is eligible for sales tax.

Also, walmart drops stuff down by $15 all the time. I dont know if you knew this, but if you go and buy a movie at walmart within about 2 or 3 weeks of it's DVD release, then it will be $15 or less.(that's a pretty good price for a brand new DVD, especially since their new DVDs usually come with exclusive bonus discs/books/posters/etc.) It doesn't matter what movie it is, it will be $15 or less. I know this because I used to work in the electronics department at Walmart. Then I realized how badly Walmart treats their employees and how few benefits you get there, so I quit.

E

Eclipse

no i mean they put commercials about the "walmart rollback" and they say the prices are going WAAAY DOWN

when they drop something from 49.99 to 47.86

oooooo ^^^ shop here cuz we're cheaper!!!

it's not the biggest difference..and then you end up paying 49.99 with tax anyways...lol

i realize that sales tax is the same but...bahh...i don't wanna argue i'm too lazy for that. but i wasn't trying to say anything by it just by the fact that they wouldn't drop the price of a strategy guide by 15 dollars....that's rather odd

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

TwilightSoulKey said:
when they drop something from 49.99 to 47.86
it's not the biggest difference..and then you end up paying 49.99 with tax anyways...lol
That doesn't make any sense at all. I hope you know that.

TwilightSoulKey said:
i realize that sales tax is the same but...bahh...i don't wanna argue i'm too lazy for that. but i wasn't trying to say anything by it just by the fact that they wouldn't drop the price of a strategy guide by 15 dollars....that's rather odd
They didn't drop it down by $15, they dropped it down by $11.39. If you actually had to work for your money(since you probably dont since you're only 14) then you would know that there's a big difference between $11.39 and $15.00.

If you're gonna round it to $5, then at least round it to the NEAREST $5. So, stop saying that they dropped it by $15, because it's much closer to $10, and they drop stuff down by $10 all the time.

E

Eclipse

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG said:
They didn't drop it down by $15, they dropped it down by $11.39. If you actually had to work for your money(since you probably dont since you're only 14) then you would know that there's a big difference between $11.39 and $15.00.

If you're gonna round it to $5, then at least round it to the NEAREST $5. So, stop saying that they dropped it by $15, because it's much closer to $10, and they drop stuff down by $10 all the time.

do i care? i really don't care it's really dumb when there's an argument about "how close i rounded 11.39" so what i rounded it 15 bucks? so what? i don't care.

and yes it does make sense, i've seen walmart drop probably 23 cents off of a movie...as if that was a big difference who cares? i'd pay 23 cents extra i really don't care.

if you pay 47.86 plus tax then it gets nearly around 50 dollars which is near 49.99 the original price so i really don't care. it's not a big deal.

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

TwilightSoulKey said:
do i care? i really don't care it's really dumb when there's an argument about "how close i rounded 11.39" so what i rounded it 15 bucks? so what? i don't care.

and yes it does make sense, i've seen walmart drop probably 23 cents off of a movie...as if that was a big difference who cares? i'd pay 23 cents extra i really don't care.

if you pay 47.86 plus tax then it gets nearly around 50 dollars which is near 49.99 the original price so i really don't care. it's not a big deal.
Ok, you're acting like Walmart's the only store that has sales tax. And by the way, it does matter whether you say $15 or $10, because when you say $15, you're obviously just trying to make it sound like more than it really is.

Also, of course you dont care about the difference between $10 and $15, because you're 14 years old. Your parents give you all the money you need.

E

Eclipse

my parents don't give me crap. i work for my money, no i don't have a job but i do jobs for other people and stuff. Heck my mom wouldn't give me money for crap

and so what? i rounded it to 15 dollars. i realize other stores have sales tax. THIS ISN'T A BIG DEAL. You're taking it out of proportion. I don't know anyone who would argue over the internet because i "rounded 11.38 or whatever to 15 dollars" zomfg the world is gonna end. So what i rounded it. deal with it. it's not a big deal.

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

TwilightSoulKey said:
and so what? i rounded it to 15 dollars. i realize other stores have sales tax. THIS ISN'T A BIG DEAL. You're taking it out of proportion. I don't know anyone who would argue over the internet because i "rounded 11.38 or whatever to 15 dollars" zomfg the world is gonna end. So what i rounded it. deal with it. it's not a big deal.
If sales tax isn't a big deal then please explain two things to me:
1. Why did you claim that sales tax is how walmart screws you over?
2. Why are you starting to get so angry about it?

Also, I didn't get on you about rounding, I got on you about the fact that you're using false rounding to support your argument. You should never try and support an argument using something you know is false.

E

Eclipse

what..the..hell? galoop this is like the second thread i've caught you spamming. stop it

whatever death i really don't care. i don't mean sales tax is how they screw you over. i just mean that walmart costs about the same as any other store if you add sales tax. i mean 47.86 is about 49.99 (the msrp in other stores) if you add sales tax. i don't mean they screw you over. but whatever im not gonna argue about this anymore

dEaTh_bY_pWnInG

TwilightSoulKey said:
i just mean that walmart costs about the same as any other store if you add sales tax.
No it doesn't. See, let me give you an example:
7-11 has a bag of chips for $2.00.
Walmart has a bag of chips for $1.00

Since these two stores both have to obey sales tax laws, that means they both have to pay the same rate for sales tax(lets just say that's 8.25%.)

8.25% of $2.00 is 24 cents, so the total price for your chips at 7-11 = $2.24
8.25% of $1.00 is 12 cents, so the total price for your chips at Walmart - $1.12

So in the end, after tax, the bag of chips from Walmart costs less.

TwilightSoulKey said:
No i don't mean they screw you over. but whatever im not gonna argue about this anymore
Why? Are you angry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back