• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Wishlist for the Future Part 2:Final Fantasy Characters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
Final Fantasy has always been an integral part of the Kingdom Hearts series and for many fans(myself included) it was FF characters that initially caught their attention. And the complete absence of all things Final Fantasy in KH3 was a source of great disappointment for many. So naturally Re:Mind brought some old favorites back(probably as an apology) and hopefully Kingdom Hearts IV doubles down on Final Fantasy to make up for it. It goes without saying that even more oldies will return (Cloud,Sephiroth,Zack etc.) but I want to talk about characters that haven't been introduced yet. So let's get started.

Cecil- A character with a fascinating arc that is remarkably similar to Riku's (as discussed in another thread) Cecil's tale is one of redemption. In other words he would fit right in.

Kain- If you're gonna have Cecil it just makes sense to have Kain as well.

Rydia- Final Fantasy IV has many great characters but Rydia is easily the best of the bunch. First introduced as a child only to be swallowed by Leviathan and reintroduced as an adult, there's so much potential for what they could do with her in Kingdom Hearts.

Gilgamesh- Originally appearing in the fifth entry, this sword collector is always looking for legendary weapons to add to his arsenal. And Keyblades are about as legendary as swords get, so of course Gilgamesh would want to aquire one.

Red XIII/Nanaki- FFVII is the most popular game in the series and therefore has the most characters in KH but there's one that has yet to show up. Red XIII is a fan favorite and quite possibly the most mysterious character in Final Fantasy history. Please make this a reality Square Enix.

Rinoa- I don't know why this hasn't happened yet. She already exists in the KH universe and a teaser during the credits of II hinted at her arrival. That was 15 years ago. How much longer do we have to wait?

Zidane- Final Fantasy IX deserves better treatment and what better way to start than with that games protagonist. He shares alot of personality traits with Sora and I think the two of them would be great friends.

Princess Garnet- As far as I know, there's no rule stating that a Final Fantasy character can't be a Princess of Heart.

Freya- My personal favorite character from FFIX. Freya's quest to find her missing boyfriend would be relevant in a series where Sora and Kairi are always looking for each other.

Eiko- A young summoner with a crush on Zidane, familial ties to Garnet and a love for Moogles, Eiko would just make sense.

Kuja- A rematch with Sephiroth is guaranteed but there's always room for another FF villian as a hidden boss and in my opinion Kuja is perfect for the job. He's insanely powerful and his theme song is awesome. Add in a rivalry with Zidane and you've got yourself a solid replacement for the ongoing Cloud and Sephiroth feud.

What characters would you like to see?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Lightning would be my first choice. She could work with Hades and oppode Sora/Hercules in return for him doing something for her. Like resurrecting her sister Serah.

Aside from that I want to see Chocobos in the series as well. Radiant Garden, Twilight Town, Destiny Island could have a ranch dedicated to them

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
If I had to come up with 10 of my favorite FF characters (who haven't already appeared), I guess I'll go with: (in no particular order)

1. Kuja ~ My favorite FF character, so yeah... I'd love to see him in KH as a secret boss. Ultimecia and Ardyn are others I'd love as secret bosses, although I don't think Nomura will touch *anything* from XV ever. Too bad, since I love most of those characters.
2. Balthier ~ Treasure Planet, for sure. I'd love to see him, Fran, and Vaan together as a sky pirate trio, but I'd take Balthier solo.
3. Quina ~ She's so bizarre, I think she'd fit fine next to the Disney characters. Perhaps she can be a character you fight in the TP&TF world. She could replace the frog hunters from the movie who try to eat Tiana and Naveen, lmao. Another thought is in the marshes of The Black Cauldron.
4. Quistis ~ I thought she would've been a great addition to Radiant Garden in 2, but that didn't happen. Maybe she and Rinoa both could show up in that world in the future. She would fit right in alongside Even, Ansem the Wise, Ienzo, etc., too.
5. Garnet ~ I love her, although I don't know how they would ever fit her into KH aside from putting her on Destiny Islands or some other, new original world.
6. Lulu ~ Like Garnet, I'm not sure how they could involve her unless, again, on Destiny Islands or some other original world, but I love her, so...
7. Zidane ~ Hmm... Not sure where he'd fit exactly. I actually think he would've worked well in the Corona world, maybe as one of the thieves. If they ever re-visit that world and you visit the pub, perhaps he could be there?
8. Sazh (and the Chocobos) ~ I have no idea where he could fit though. Maybe in the Raya world? She does ride around on a weird animal--perhaps chocobos could fit in that world once we see what the movie's like.
9. Shiva ~ I wish she had shown up in Larxene's labyrinth in KH3, but she could still show up in Arendelle. There is Frozen 2 after all (and eventually Frozen 3).
10. Freya ~ She'd be great in a Robin Hood world.

It would be interesting to see Cosmos and Chaos appear in KH somehow, perhaps for a bonus side quest similar to the Data Battles where they resurrect old bosses for you to face or something like that. I could see Cosmos being connected to Kingdom Hearts (the entity in the story, not the title of the series). Lightning totally should've been in Olympus in 3. Oh, well.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Fran & Balthier - The Caribbean or Treasure Planet world. They honestly would have been perfect as a secret boss fight in The Caribbean. There are so many islands to explore in that world, it would have been amazing to have them randomly appear and you get a boss fight. That would promote exploration of the worlds, especially with how large they are.

Lightning - I cannot believe that Lightning did not appear. I thought she was basically guaranteed because of how popular she was. I could see her in Olympus trying to complete the mark thing (l'Cie or whatever).

Rydia - Honestly, I just want to see Rydia and Namine be friends. Rydia would be the child/teen version. They can just say Rydia is a resident of Radiant Garden. Namine - who has been named Queen of Radiant Garden - hears a tale of a young girl with special powers in Radiant Garden. Namine meets Rydia - who is able to bring Namine's drawings to life (summoning). When Radiant Garden is threatened and everyone else is busy (Leon and gang in Olympus tournaments, Sora dead, Riku in Quadratum, and Kairi training indefinitely), Namien and Rydia team up to defeat the threat.

bobgoesw00t

Awards
Website
bobgoesw00t.tumblr.com
Gilgamesh- Originally appearing in the fifth entry, this sword collector is always looking for legendary weapons to add to his arsenal. And Keyblades are about as legendary as swords get, so of course Gilgamesh would want to aquire one.
I approve of Gilgamesh and I want him to channel his XIII-2 version by breaking the fourth wall as that would be faking hilarious! The other characters I want to see are:

Lightning: I mean she's a total badass and is basically the female Cloud.

Hope: He's a precious cinnamon roll and he would get along with Sora and friends right away!

Noctis: I can see him teaming up with Lightning and they find the dorky Keyblade Master super obnoxious but eventually warm up to him.

Prompto: The cinnamon roll of XV would find Sora super cool and have loads of fun with him.

and lastly

Vaan: Good god the amount of trouble he and Sora would get into would be both comic relief and could help advance the plot xD

Back