• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Abortion - Pro life or pro choice?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiggyK

Ok, if there is a thread on this, I couldn't find it, so I assume it has been lost in the depths of inactivity.

So guys, what do you think? Do you believe abortion should be illegalised?

Females, would you get an abortion? If yes, under what circumstances?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Pro-choice. AKA pro-non-retardation.

It shouldn't be possible that a woman be forced to bear a parasite imposed upon her by another man against her will, the birth of said parasite resulting in a long life of a child inadequately cared for and a mother loathing it for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited:

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
To answer this question, I always look to history and why it was legalized in the first place.

To paraphrase what I remember, women were getting pregnant and not all of them wanted their babies, whether it was to stay in the social norm (the "out-of-wedlock = bad" thing) or because they couldn't afford to keep the baby. The government told the doctors not to (or something), so the doctors did not abort the pregnancy. The women who did not want to have their babies (for their own reasons) decided they were not going to have their babies.

They went to people who did not know enough to safely abort the pregnancy or they went to the coat closet and got a wire hanger. Basically, women were dying in great percentages, and the People were like, "Government, this is your fault, fix it or GTFO." The government made it legal; doctors aborted pregnancies; death percentage dropped.

I think abortion is necessary, because no one is going to stop someone who has a parasite inside of them. No one.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
im pro life i don t believe in abortion and i condemn the practice of such
You're saying we should do nothing to prevent this, and if it does happen, though woman going through such torture should be celebrated?
∞;5167109 said:
...a woman be forced to bear a parasite imposed upon her by another man against her will, the birth of said parasite resulting in a long life of a child inadequately cared for and a mother loathing it for all the wrong reasons.

wii.red24

∞;5167213 said:
Women should be forced to go through with this, you're saying.

its part of child birth i mean sure there is pain but ya know its part of having that child and in my opinion ziggy there is nothing more beautiful then seeing that baby born

blueheart

Bronze Member
Not trying to be mean here, but shouldn't this be a poll? It would be easy to see what most people here would think.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
its part of child birth i mean sure there is pain but ya know its part of having that child and in my opinion ziggy there is nothing more beautiful then seeing that baby born
So, according to you:

A woman is suddenly and violently raped.
She cannot abort the baby forced onto her by a complete stranger, or maybe even someone who used to be a friend.
She cannot properly afford to raise the child with the full complement of shelter, toys, clothes, education and food.
Because of this, they are both brought up in poor conditions.
Feeling that the child is part of the problem - and in a way, it is - she is very abusive of it.

So that's okay then is it? The woman and the baby get to live a shitty life? And the woman is not allowed to try and get rid of the kid before it's even born?

wii.red24

∞;5167219 said:
So, according to you:

A woman gets raped.
She cannot abort the baby forced onto her by a complete stranger, or maybe even someone who used to be a friend.
She cannot properly afford to raise the child with the full complement of shelter, toys, clothes, education and food.
Because of this, they are both brought up in poor conditions.
Because of this, the mother is very abusive of the child.

So that's okay then is it? And the woman is not allowed to try and get rid of the kid?

ok if a women gets raped by force she should still have the baby here is why i say this, for starters its not the babys fault his mom got raped it would be selfish if the mom got an abortion, because who is the mom thinking about, shes thinking about herself not the baby

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wouldn't condemn anyone for having an abortion for any reason. If they want to abort it, then I wouldn't want to impose birth on them or life on their child, that would be selfish with no gain. I don't know whether I myself would go through with it, but I would want it to be my own choice.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
ok if a women gets raped by force she should still have the baby here is why i say this, for starters its not the babys fault his mom got raped it would be selfish if the mom got an abortion, because who is the mom thinking about, shes thinking about herself not the baby
Did you read nothing of what I said? The baby would grow up with a shitty life and have an abusive mother. During any time the mother can safely abort the baby it doesn't even have any consciousness, barely has the ability to reach out with any of its senses, and hasn't even started to have any form of memory.
What she is aborting is a bunch of human cells leeching off her own body's resources, but it is not a human life. Leaving the baby to be born is not worth the anguish the two will go through.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
it would be selfish if the mom got an abortion, because who is the mom thinking about, shes thinking about herself not the baby

I think that depends on what you consider to be a baby. I think embryos are only a ball of cells, potential-babies, personally, and I don't think it's quite the same level.

I also think it is selfish to give birth to a baby when you can't take care of it. My family has been a foster family, and we have had to take care of children and babies of those disgusting tribes of people who pop out babies every year, more and more, neglecting them until the government takes them away. They selfishly give life to these babies with no thought to how they can ever take care of them emotionally, educationally, nutritionally....

I'm not saying that they should all have aborted the babies, but I think that childbirth can be a selfish act, when you don't take into consideration the baby's future.

wii.red24

∞;5167227 said:
Did you read nothing of what I said? The baby would grow up with a shitty life and have an abusive mother. During any time the mother can safely abort the baby it doesn't even have any consciousness, barely has the ability to reach out with any of its senses, and hasn't even started to have any form of memory.
What she is aborting is a bunch of human cells leeching off her own body's resources, but it is not a human life. Leaving the baby to be born is not worth the anguish the two will go through.

well if she wanted the baby in the first place i doub t she would be abusive but even if she was thats when the child would notify the appropriate fostercare oginization so he could be put in a better home but, i really doubt that scenario.

Raebus

So, the kid just picks up the phone and calls child services? Wow, thats one smart baby.

Oh and I'm pro choice.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think even if you give the baby up for adoption or whatever, you still have to go through the whole pregnancy and childbirth. And I think, my body my choice. That comes to unwanted sexual behaviour, unwanted drugs, and unwanted foetuses.

I don't think foetuses are enough of a person to warrant their own grounds for choice, until they come out of me. My house my rules :p

B

Bodaciously G

I'm not in the opinion of considering a fetus a parasite but if women don't want to have a baby, they can go ahead and have an abortion. I personally would want abortion rates to decline but tis my opinion. Not going to impose it on anyone, don't expect to have their views imposed on me.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
well if she wanted the baby in the first place i doub t she would be abusive but even if she was thats when the child would notify the appropriate fostercare oginization so he could be put in a better home but, i really doubt that scenario.
She got raped. She didn't want the child from the start. Why would anyone, anyone want to have a child forced onto them, and then be able to do nothing about it? Giving birth to one more unnecessary baby only adds to the problem of well-overfilled orphanages and ill-suited foster families.
This whole ugly situation of the mother having to deal with a child not entirely her own and how it will grow up can be avoided if she is able to get an abortion.

Such scenarios have no doubt occurred hundreds of times across the world in the last decade. It's not a huge number, but it's a needless problem only made worse by social or religious stigma and lack of proper medical advice.

wii.red24

So, the kid just picks up the phone and calls child services? Wow, thats one smart baby.

Oh and I'm pro choice.

its not that hard because ya see all ya got ta do is grab the phone book look under foster child services while his mommy is gone and give them a call and be like ya know my moms kinda lame and i want to be put in a different home yeah its that simple i know people who have done this personally

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Be nice if wii red could actually take this seriously. But wait, doing so would require him to realise how utterly unfair his point of view is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back