• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

about chasers... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
chasers were a concept from the secret ending of KH2, but does anyone have any idea what a chaser is, a theory early on was that they chased other keyblade wielders to take their keyblades, but that only happened in a fanfic, so what are your thoughts?

Chie

Awards
My first thought is that it's supposed to be "Seeker".

vaderskywalker

Awards
My first thought is that it's supposed to be "Seeker".
I don't think so, because there is a line in BBS that Maleficent says," wasn't there someone you needed to chase", so Nomura must have had some idea of what they were supposed to be, but not seekers, because if that were the case, then Maleficent would have said," wasn't there someone you needed to seek", I think it was a dropped concept, but it is interesting to think about.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

chasers were a concept from the secret ending of KH2, but does anyone have any idea what a chaser is, a theory early on was that they chased other keyblade wielders to take their keyblades, but that only happened in a fanfic, so what are your thoughts?
Someone trying to steal keyblades is a cool theory.

Chie

Awards
I don't think so, because there is a line in BBS that Maleficent says," wasn't there someone you needed to chase", so Nomura must have had some idea of what they were supposed to be, but not seekers, because if that were the case, then Maleficent would have said," wasn't there someone you needed to seek", I think it was a dropped concept, but it is interesting to think about.
If you can believe it, Tetsuya Nomura did not write the English script.

You see this kind of thing often in JP games where they want to include English text as a visual element and most JP people will be able to sound out the letters, so they roughly translate the keywords they're thinking of on their own. The PS1 game Moonlight Syndrome has "THE ORAL SEX OF A COURT OF JUSTICE" displayed prominently onscreen in its OP, for an example of how strange this used to get.

KH certainly had more oversight than that, but it's a single word and "Seeker" isn't often used on its own in KH (though it is at least once). In fact, the "seeker" used in Seeker of Darkness is 探求者, which Jisho says can mean "searcher" or "pursuer".

Of course the more boring answer is just that the characters are all chasing after eachother throughout the game.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Someone trying to steal keyblades is a cool theory.
I thought it was a cool idea at first too, but the fanfic that was based on this theory, made Terra, Aqua, and Ven the bad guys, or servants of Xehanort, who got resurrected by the destruction of Xemnas, but they were seen fighting the bad guy in the secret ending (don't quote me on that, the identity of master Xehanort hadn't been revealed at the time).

vaderskywalker

Awards
If you can believe it, Tetsuya Nomura did not write the English script.

You see this kind of thing often in JP games where they want to include English text as a visual element and most JP people will be able to sound out the letters, so they roughly translate the keywords they're thinking of on their own. The PS1 game Moonlight Syndrome has "THE ORAL SEX OF A COURT OF JUSTICE" displayed prominently onscreen in its OP, for an example of how strange this used to get.

KH certainly had more oversight than that, but it's a single word and "Seeker" isn't often used on its own in KH (though it is at least once). In fact, the "seeker" used in Seeker of Darkness is 探求者, which Jisho says can mean "searcher" or "pursuer".

Of course the more boring answer is just that the characters are all chasing after eachother throughout the game.
Well, I just thought of something thanks to our previous posts, and I literally just thought of this, anyway, what if the Guardians were originally supposed to be called the 7 Chasers of light? and also Seeker sounds a lot better than searcher or pursuer, it kind of makes me think of Harry potter, just my take on it.

D

Deleted member 246005

I thought it was a cool idea at first too, but the fanfic that was based on this theory, made Terra, Aqua, and Ven the bad guys, or servants of Xehanort, who got resurrected by the destruction of Xemnas, but they were seen fighting the bad guy in the secret ending (don't quote me on that, the identity of master Xehanort hadn't been revealed at the time).
It can be reused for different characters. I like the Back Cover era so I'd put it there. Someone try to steal keyblades from Fallen warriors general grevious style.

vaderskywalker

Awards
It can be reused for different characters. I like the Back Cover era so I'd put it there. Someone try to steal keyblades from Fallen warriors general grevious style.
Well, the name of the fanfic is Kingdom Hearts: trials of the keyblade, be warned though, it's incomplete, and it was written a few years before Disney bought Star Wars, and some minor spoilers here, a lot of the main Disney characters that Sora had teamed up with in KH1 to KH2, become keyblade wielders during the fic, just in case you're interested, and the "Chasers" are in it.

D

Deleted member 246005

Well, the name of the fanfic is Kingdom Hearts: trials of the keyblade, be warned though, it's incomplete, and it was written a few years before Disney bought Star Wars, and some minor spoilers here, a lot of the main Disney characters that Sora had teamed up with in KH1 to KH2, become keyblade wielders during the fic, just in case you're interested, and the "Chasers" are in it.
That's fine. I just liked the idea of a keyblade stealer.

vaderskywalker

Awards
That's fine. I just liked the idea of a keyblade stealer.
actually, it's more like a keyblade hunter, spoiler, they put Mickey in a coma at the beginning of the fic, that's all I'm going to say, but I didn't create this thread to discuss a fanfic, I created it to discuss Chasers and what they could have been, like I said, I think it was a dropped concept.

D

Deleted member 246005

actually, it's more like a keyblade hunter, spoiler, they put Mickey in a coma at the beginning of the fic, that's all I'm going to say, but I didn't create this thread to discuss a fanfic, I created it to discuss Chasers and what they could have been, like I said, I think it was a dropped concept.
Maybe, maybe not.

If anything, they could always reuse it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I always assumed it was something as basic as Chaser referring to how BbS was a game of trying to chase people and information down. Terra chasing down Master Xehanort, Ventus chasing down Terra, Aqua chasing them both down, Ventus chasing down the truth etc.

Back