• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► About Dumbledore... (fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
there is nothing for novel's, best I could do was film, anyway, Was Dumbledore truly a bad person? Yes, he was trying to sacrifice Harry, but other than that, he seemed like he was trying to do the right thing, and I have seen fanfictions that seem to blow it out of proportion, yes, the Dursleys were not the best people to leave him with, but he needed to be left with a blood relative of his mother because it had something to do with her blood, and love, so yeah, her sister was the only available option, don't get me wrong, I absolutely despise the Dursleys for the way they treated Harry, but it didn't seem like Dumbledore had much choice, it didn't seem like he did it to be cruel, and he says it himself "theyre the only family he has left.", I have this thing about wanting to see the good in people, so what are your thoughts?

D

Deleted member 246005

there is nothing for novel's, best I could do was film, anyway, Was Dumbledore truly a bad person? Yes, he was trying to sacrifice Harry, but other than that, he seemed like he was trying to do the right thing, and I have seen fanfictions that seem to blow it out of proportion, yes, the Dursleys were not the best people to leave him with, but he needed to be left with a blood relative of his mother because it had something to do with her blood, and love, so yeah, her sister was the only available option, don't get me wrong, I absolutely despise the Dursleys for the way they treated Harry, but it didn't seem like Dumbledore had much choice, it didn't seem like he did it to be cruel, and he says it himself "theyre the only family he has left.", I have this thing about wanting to see the good in people, so what are your thoughts?
I saw him as a morally gray character. He had a good goal in stopping Voldemort, he just didn't always make the right choice. He's similar to Tony Stark in the Avengers films. He's a flawed hero trying to do good but he's made a ton of mistakes along the way.

Some of his actions with the Dursleys are more of a convenience by Rowling than a logical action on his part. His hands off approach to letting them raise Harry how they want feels awkward upon a reread of the series. It's cool that he tells them off in book 6 but that scene should've been in book 2. Same with Harry's training as he's the kid you want to defeat Voldemort. So training him sooner and in the summers made more sense after the second book.

Back