• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About Terra and Master Xehanort

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Things to look forward to in this plan of Xehanort's in my opinion is just who are the rest of his past selves or followers? And just what state are they in

Smithee

Awards
Honestly some of you act like Terra couldn't have changed since BBS. Terra is not going to go and make the same mistakes he did in BBS. All of that in BBS has surely taught him something, it's changed him surely.

Look at Sora, he changed from KH1 to KH2. At the start of KH1 he was cocky and was jealous of Riku. He didn't want to go saving the worlds, he just wanted to get his friends back. When he reaches Hollow Bastion we see the "hearts and friends are my power" type of Sora really starting to show. By the time of KH2 he still has elements of the more childish qualities but now those qualities are more subdued and his duty as a Keyblade Wielder is starting to take priority, and we see Sora developing into the personality he has today.

If Sora goes through a personality change in a year, then surely Terra has done a personality change in the past 11 years. Surely Terra isn't the same naive young man he was in BBS. If anything Terra is probably less trusting of strangers now.

Heck Aqua has also probably had some personality changes by now too.

Being controlled by an old mad man or being trapped in an endless realm of darkness all alone, both are going to cause a person to change somehow.

Speaking of Aqua having some personality changes, I'd like to direct your attention to this theory from Kingdom Hearts Open Two - Television Tropes & Idioms:

"The very last boss of the very last game will be Kairi.

Throughout the game, Kairi will be kidnapped and experimented on by whichever incarnation of Xehanort is the Big Bad at the moment (or one of his minions). Since she has no darkness in her heart, Xehanort and his underlings will somehow try to extract the light in her heart and use some kind of polarizing machine to use Kairi's light to get rid of all the light in the multiverse and plunge it into a world of eternal darkness. (Or something like that.) This, of course, will turn Kairi into a mentally unstable, suffering wreck, and the game will go to great lengths to show her ordeals throughout the story. When Sora, Riku and their companions arrive to defeat Xehanort and rescue Kairi, they'll notice Kairi's heavily unstable state and get really worried. Of course, they'll get all angsty at Xehanort for turning her into a half-dead wreck of a human being by tampering with her heart too much. We'll get the usual multi-tiered epic final battle against Xehanort, and it'll look like Sora's finally won, Xehanort is finally dead, and the story is finished. But Kairi isn't back to normal again! Sora tries everything to restore her, but to no avail. Mickey (or some other mentor) tells the gang that Xehanort's tampering with the light in Kairi's heart has turned her into a ticking time bomb that threatens to engulf the entire multiverse in light and eliminate all darkness, and that pure light is just as destructive as pure darkness; there must be balance. Mickey explains further that the only way to save the multiverse is to seal Kairi's heart. With no other alternative, Sora must fight his friend if he is to prevent everything from being consumed. Kairi, now completely possessed by the light, grows a pair of angel wings, draws her Destiny's Embrace Keyblade, and the fight begins. Throughout the whole final battle (which would probably be a Breather Boss), Sora will be extremely hesitant and unenthusiastic in his attacking, and will be visibly crying throughout the whole battle, Same for Kairi, to some extent, but she'll feel that she has no choice but to eliminate all darkness in the worlds to undo all the harm that Xehanort has done. We'll probably get some soft, sad remix of Kairi's theme as the battle music. At the end, Kairi, now close to dying, will regain her senses, and thank Sora for ending her suffering and saving the worlds. She'll then dissolve into thousands of particles of light and float away. Although this could end up being Narm. Sorry if that seemed random, but hey, it's Kingdom Hearts."

Personally, I don't find it too difficult to imagine Aqua in a similar scenario.

Epyon

You don't understand. I'm not saying Terra hasn't grown from his mistake, he even shows a change in attitude when he's speaking with Master Xehanort within their shared heart or what have, BUT, it is another thing to say Terra has changed his nature. Just because he's learned from his mistakes doesn't mean he is ready to even dare taking on Xehanort in a mind game. Even in their conversation it's not implied that Terra has a plan that will outsmart Xehanort, just one that Terra will fulfill, where Xehanort pretty much says you can FIGHT me (again emphasizing his will) but I am patient. Doesn't that sound more like a tactician saying he will slowly withstand and pick at an unwavering will, than someone like Terra suddenly being capable of outsmarting Xehanort who in turn outsmarted EVERYONE.

I am simply pointing out Terra's nature. He is not a tactician. He is not a genius. He is not a Xehanort. But he sure as hell has the will to kick Xehanort's ass the chance he gets. Terra point blank tells Xehanort, "sure you may succeed in all your planning but I have one goal that will make me keep on fighting." Terra knows his strength and his weaknesses. We should know them too.

You're so solidly stuck on Xehanort outsmart X therefore Terra is useless.

Terra and Xehanort have shared a mind for ten years. Hell, they've shared two minds for most of those ten years. He knows Xehanorts plannings and back ups and how he thinks in ways Yen Sid, Mickey and the others never have and never could. It is simply not the game Xehanort has played with everyone else. Terra has a strong will, yeah. If that's the only lesson we had to learn against Xehanort, the series could've stuck with Sora as it's sole protagonists. There are a dozen good guys with strong wills. If that's all Terra is bringing to the table then he's a drop in a pond.

Smithee

Awards
You're so solidly stuck on Xehanort outsmart X therefore Terra is useless.

Terra and Xehanort have shared a mind for ten years. Hell, they've shared two minds for most of those ten years. He knows Xehanorts plannings and back ups and how he thinks in ways Yen Sid, Mickey and the others never have and never could. It is simply not the game Xehanort has played with everyone else. Terra has a strong will, yeah. If that's the only lesson we had to learn against Xehanort, the series could've stuck with Sora as it's sole protagonists. There are a dozen good guys with strong wills. If that's all Terra is bringing to the table then he's a drop in a pond.

^This, and the fact people can and often do change over time. Just look at Obito Uchiha, for example.

Roro

Awards
"The very last boss of the very last game will be Kairi.
With no other alternative, Sora must fight his friend if he is to prevent everything from being consumed. Kairi, now completely possessed by the light, grows a pair of angel wings, draws her Destiny's Embrace Keyblade, and the fight begins. Throughout the whole final battle (which would probably be a Breather Boss), Sora will be extremely hesitant and unenthusiastic in his attacking, and will be visibly crying throughout the whole battle, Same for Kairi, to some extent, but she'll feel that she has no choice but to eliminate all darkness in the worlds to undo all the harm that Xehanort has done. We'll probably get some soft, sad remix of Kairi's theme as the battle music.At the end, Kairi, now close to dying, will regain her senses, and thank Sora for ending her suffering and saving the worlds. She'll then dissolve into thousands of particles of light and float away. Although this could end up being Narm. Sorry if that seemed random, but hey, it's Kingdom Hearts."
Personally, I don't find it too difficult to imagine Aqua in a similar scenario

Okay so I haven't had a chance to click on any of the links yet, so I may not have grasped the full point you're trying to make and may be going off topic here, but the part I bolded, sounds way too familiar. Why? Because it practically already happened, with Xion and Roxas, well Xion didn't sprout angel wings, but she turned into this giant faceless like Soraish puppet thing, you get a melancholy remix of her theme, I'm pretty sure Roxas was reluctant to fight her, and Xion knew that she had to go for the greater good of waking up Sora and all that jazz. Then that whole "who will I eat icecream with" scene happens they say their goodbyes, Xion thanks Roxas and instead of dissipating into little pieces of light she crystallizes for lack of a better word and kinda just *poof* disappears.

So you really think they'd do something almost exactly like that again? Sounds kinda repetitive if you ask me :p

Smithee

Awards
Okay so I haven't had a chance to click on any of the links yet, so I may not have grasped the full point you're trying to make and may be going off topic here, but the part I bolded, sounds way too familiar. Why? Because it practically already happened, with Xion and Roxas, well Xion didn't sprout angel wings, but she turned into this giant faceless like Soraish puppet thing, you get a melancholy remix of her theme, I'm pretty sure Roxas was reluctant to fight her, and Xion knew that she had to go for the greater good of waking up Sora and all that jazz. Then that whole "who will I eat icecream with" scene happens they say their goodbyes, Xion thanks Roxas and instead of dissipating into little pieces of light she crystallizes for lack of a better word and kinda just *poof* disappears.

So you really think they'd do something almost exactly like that again? Sounds kinda repetitive if you ask me :p

That was the best example I could find there.

My Aqua-based theory actually plays out far differently.

ajnauron

I don't think it has to be about Terra outsmarting MX. Ven's always chasing after Terra. Ven finds him at the end of his time at Radiant Garden and Terra says "I know when I need you, you'll be there", and then we hear his disembodied voice repeat it after he leaves Ven. I thought it was interesting that they felt it necessary to have his disembodied voice repeat it mere moments after he said it in person. What if Ven is somehow able to aid Terra after Sora finds Aqua and they return to wake Ven?

Smithee

Awards
That was the best example I could find there.

My Aqua-based theory actually plays out far differently.

She murders a weakened MX with his own X-Blade, then tries to unlock KH in order to create a universe free of darkness, feeling there is no other way to protect her friends from any further harm. She also reveals a self-hatred for failing to protect her friends back in BBS, and a desire to atone for said failure by getting revenge on her friends' collective tormentor, darkness.

To be continued...

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
She murders a weakened MX with his own X-Blade, then tries to unlock KH in order to create a universe free of darkness, feeling there is no other way to protect her friends from any further harm. She also reveals a self-hatred for failing to protect her friends back in BBS, and a desire to atone for said failure by getting revenge on her friends' collective tormentor, darkness.

To be continued...

Ehhhhhh. The themes you're trying to reflect don't seem synonymous enough with the themes of the series (or at least the ways in which the latter are presented), at least in my opinion. I could see some development of Aqua's animosity towards darkness, but for her to despise it to that extent seems unfitting. I find Aqua's torment to revolve around endless struggles and the desire to relive her happiest memories with Terra and Ven again.

In regards to MX and the X-Blade, such a death wouldn't really do MX the justice he deserves. MX needs to actually wield the most perfect X-Blade in existence, then have it shattered from some friendship magic or whatever the hell. Very similar to how it played it out with Aqua and Venitas, I'd imagine. Finally, I don't think erasing darkness from the entire universe would work out well, considering how almost everyone is partially composed of darkness; could potentially lead to some nasty effects.

naturemage2

Ehhhhhh. The themes you're trying to reflect don't seem synonymous enough with the themes of the series (or at least the ways in which the latter are presented), at least in my opinion. I could see some development of Aqua's animosity towards darkness, but for her to despise it to that extent seems unfitting. I find Aqua's torment to revolve around endless struggles and the desire to relive her happiest memories with Terra and Ven again.

In regards to MX and the X-Blade, such a death wouldn't really do MX the justice he deserves. MX needs to actually wield the most perfect X-Blade in existence, then have it shattered from some friendship magic or whatever the hell. Very similar to how it played it out with Aqua and Venitas, I'd imagine. Finally, I don't think erasing darkness from the entire universe would work out well, considering how almost everyone is partially composed of darkness; could potentially lead to some nasty effects.

But if they go with eradicating all darkness and the negative effects become strong enough, would make a good saga. The search to find darkness/balance. Using the keyblades as beacons for remnants or residue darkness instead of weapons. And their enemy could be a light-affinity militia based on Aqua light absolution philosophy.

Smithee

Awards

The way she kills MX with the X-Blade is similar to how he himself struck down Eraqus. I just figured some irony was in order.

I likes me some irony.

Sorakh212

Awards
Yeah I'm pretty sure he was talking about Terra or more specifically Terranort because when you think about it who else could he be talking about? It can't be Ven because even Xemnas wasn't able to locate him and we know it's not Aqua because she's trapped in the realm of darkness. Still makes you think though that's for sure. Man I can't wait to see all of the new Organization 13 members.

Smithee

Awards
Yeah I'm pretty sure he was talking about Terra or more specifically Terranort because when you think about it who else could he be talking about? It can't be Ven because even Xemnas wasn't able to locate him and we know it's not Aqua because she's trapped in the realm of darkness. Still makes you think though that's for sure. Man I can't wait to see all of the new Organization 13 members.

YMX implied that Organization XIII-2 knows about Ven's heart being inside Sora. If MX had successfully possessed Sora, then Ven would've also been trapped. Maybe that's what MX meant.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
But if they go with eradicating all darkness and the negative effects become strong enough, would make a good saga. The search to find darkness/balance. Using the keyblades as beacons for remnants or residue darkness instead of weapons. And their enemy could be a light-affinity militia based on Aqua light absolution philosophy.
The series isn't so much about finding benefits out of both light and dark, so much as it's about finding your own light in the deepest darkness.

Smithee

Awards
Wait, why are we talking about Aqua? I thought this thread was about Terranort.

PS: I made this post using my Wii's Internet Browser!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back