• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the afterlife for Kingdom Hearts... (theory)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
If unreality is the afterlife for the people of the Realm of Light, could the opposite also be true? If someone dies in unreality, could they end up in the Realm of Light? what are your thoughts?

Chie

Awards
I don't think Unreality is the afterlife for people in the Realm of Light.

It's a "world of death" to Sora and Strelitzia because they "died" in a sense before they went there, and so is a thematic afterlife for them, but it's not "the afterlife", period. Neither is there because they "died and went there"; Sora vanished from reality itself while Strelitzia was killed normally but was seemingly recreated from her data, and was seemingly sent to Quadratum from there (something like that).

Conversely, Stella (or whatever her new name is) is an inhabitant of Quadratum whose heart went to The Final World when she died. Maybe there's a plot reason for this, but perhaps the Final World is the afterlife for people from both sides of reality (Riku had to go there to open the portal to Quadratum, after all).

blank points

Awards
I don't think Unreality is the afterlife for people in the Realm of Light.

It's a "world of death" to Sora and Strelitzia because they "died" in a sense before they went there, and so is a thematic afterlife for them, but it's not "the afterlife", period. Neither is there because they "died and went there"; Sora vanished from reality itself while Strelitzia was killed normally but was seemingly recreated from her data, and was seemingly sent to Quadratum from there (something like that).

Conversely, Stella (or whatever her new name is) is an inhabitant of Quadratum whose heart went to The Final World when she died. Maybe there's a plot reason for this, but perhaps the Final World is the afterlife for people from both sides of reality (Riku had to go there to open the portal to Quadratum, after all).
I was just about to say this, but you took the words right out of my mouth. A lot of people seem to be a bit hung up on the afterlife line by Strelitzia in the trailer. I think it's pretty much as you said. Quadratum isn't an afterlife in the true sense of the word. The fact that Nameless Star is in the Final World seems to back this up. In addition, it should be noted that Nomura did say the Luxord's wild card may be the reason why Sora ended up there in the first place. In Re:Mind, it's worth pointing out that Sora was in the Final World just before he met Yozora. So the reason why Sora is in Quadratum is due to a special circumstance surrounding the wild card. Luxord did say it might "turn the tables."

vaderskywalker

Awards
I was just about to say this, but you took the words right out of my mouth. A lot of people seem to be a bit hung up on the afterlife line by Strelitzia in the trailer. I think it's pretty much as you said. Quadratum isn't an afterlife in the true sense of the word. The fact that Nameless Star is in the Final World seems to back this up. In addition, it should be noted that Nomura did say the Luxord's wild card may be the reason why Sora ended up there in the first place. In Re:Mind, it's worth pointing out that Sora was in the Final World just before he met Yozora. So the reason why Sora is in Quadratum is due to a special circumstance surrounding the wild card. Luxord did say it might "turn the tables."
I guess, but then how did strelitzia get there in the first place?

blank points

Awards
I guess, but then how did strelitzia get there in the first place?
Considering that the Strelitzia that we see is hinted at in Union X as being a data copy, I think it can be inferred that Strelitzia as we see her in the trailer is not the real one, but rather a copy that Luxu sent to Quadratum himself. Toward the end of Union Cross, we do see the white-hooded Strelitzia walking with Luxu, and she isn't seen after that.
Oh this is interesting, do you remember the source?
It was in the Scenario Mysteries interview that Nomura did after KH3's release. It's that last question of the interview.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Forgive me for stating the obvious, but Kingdom Hearts 4 isn't out yet hence why we're making theory's now.

But you're not making theories. You're either asking questions no one has the answer to or asking other people to make theories to your prompts.

vaderskywalker

Awards
But you're not making theories. You're either asking questions no one has the answer to or asking other people to make theories to your prompts.
What, have I been doing that this whole time? I really thought these were theories I was making, I got to go back and revaluate all the threads I made that I thought were Theories, I am so sorry about that.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
I think it was stated in an interview that there will be this duality between the two worlds, each of them seeing their own existence as the reality. That probably was for a Melody of Memory post release interview.
It's a reverse Isekai trope actually: the fantasy characters endup in the real world and think it is all a dream.

Soldier

Awards
As much as I hate this world with every fiber of my being, I wish Sora just died in Olympus, was sent to the underworld and left it at that. No extra journey to meet Edgy Riku 4.0. Just beat Hades for the, what is it? seventh time in the series and be done with it.

AegisXIII

Awards
I rewatched the old trailers from Versus XIII and there was a light in the sky that only Noctis could see. It was stated it was a gate to the realm of the dead or something like this. When it shines, a soul passes through. This concept might be reused with Sora.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I just thought of something, but could each world have it's own afterlife, for instance, The Underworld and Davey Jones Locker, two afterlives that exist for two diferent worlds, and sorry if this is the wrong place, I didn't want two threads about the same subject, but if it is the wrong place, let me know and I'll move it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I just thought of something, but could each world have it's own afterlife, for instance, The Underworld and Davey Jones Locker, two afterlives that exist for two diferent worlds, and sorry if this is the wrong place, I didn't want two threads about the same subject, but if it is the wrong place, let me know and I'll move it.
Something that's weird is how the senpais in DR died in Enchanted Dominion had their souls go to Underworld instead. So unless Hades' house is linked to other afterlifes, it may well just be the default for Disney worlds.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm just tickled by the idea that in all of the Disney worlds, the answer to the question "is there a God?" is, yes, and his name is Zeus. "What happens when you die?", well, you to to the Underworld, which is ruled by Hades, Lord of the Dead.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Something that's weird is how the senpais in DR died in Enchanted Dominion had their souls go to Underworld instead. So unless Hades' house is linked to other afterlifes, it may well just be the default for Disney worlds.
Sorry for this random question, but what does "DR" mean, i've been seeing that across a couple threads and I have absolutely no idea what that means.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I like to think some worlds have hard rules about what happens when you die. Die in Olympus? Underworld. Die at sea in the Caribbean? Davy Jones has your ass. Die in 100 Acre Wood? Converted to honey.

Back