• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► About the Amazing Spider-Man movies... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
There are rumors about an Amazing Spider-Man 3, and while admittedly, I would be all for it, Tom Holland is coming back for Spider-Man 4 (or whatever the actual title is going to be called), and is it even possible to have two different Spider-Men, in two different movies, at the same time? Because I have to imagine that there would be some kind of licensing issues with that, don't get me wrong, I like the Holland movies, just don't want to sacrifice one for the other, and if we do, personally, I'd rather we stuck with Tom Holland, what are your thoughts?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 246005

Garfield’s films were subtitled "amazing Spider-Man" and you could use him in the Sony Films (Venom/Morbius etc).

A more unique costume would be ideal. Something like Scarlet Spider's look would help.

I preffered Garfield to Holland but I don't need two different Peter's running around.

There are other characters I rather see them use.

Last edited by a moderator:

Willow A113

Awards
I think it's possible as long as they make it very clear they're in different universes. We know the Venom movies take place in another universe, and after the bartender mentioned Spider-Man they wanted to find him, and they will continue their search in their own universe. This means there is probably a Spider-Man in their universe and he could either be played by a new actor or Andrew Garfield (Tobey and Tom don't work for this). Vulture has also mentioned Spider-Man in Morbius.
As for an out-of-universe reason, Sony is seeing how much more popular Andrew's Spidey has become since his own movies and especially since No Way Home. It's easy to imagine them incorporating him into their Spider-centric universe to make more money. Because they WILL make money from that. Much more than any Venom, Morbius, or Kraven movie could possibly bring in.

D

Deleted member 246005

Plus Kraven, Morbius and Venom started out as Spider-Man villians so you could expect them to go up against Spider-Man in the future.

So bringing back Garfield or McGuire to face them makes sense.

Willow A113

Awards
Plus Kraven, Morbius and Venom started out as Spider-Man villians so you could expect them to go up against Spider-Man in the future.

So bringing back Garfield or McGuire to face them makes sense.
Yeah, much better than introducing a new actor. I love Tobey McGuire's Spider-Man, but since he already fought his own Venom, it would make more sense if Garfield is the Spider-Man of this universe. Plus, Tobey is a little old and would be better suited for a Peter B. Parker-type role.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I preffered Garfield to Holland but I don't need two different Peter's running around.
I prefer Garfield too, he was the one I was most looking forward to seeing in No Way Home, and I was not disappointed, don't get me wrong, loved the Tobey Mcguire (Don't think I spelled that right.) movies, but looking back he didn't capture Spider-Man's personality very well, he did Peter Parker perfectly, but not Spider-Man, what I mean is he didn't tell a lot of bad jokes,(Call them what you will, jokes, quips, puns, it's all the same to me.) during the fight scenes, yes, he did do that, but only for a few scenes, and that's another thing, in the movie games, he did it basically the whole time for the games (Yes, the games count because he still played Spider-Man for those), which was weird because he should have done it for the same amount time (not literally the same amount of time, of course) for the movies, as for Garfield, it was the opposite, because he did Spider-Man perfectly, but not Peter Parker, and Holland is like the perfect balance (insert Thanos joke here) between Peter Parker and Spider-Man, and the only movie I down right hate with a passion, is Spider Man 3, and it's only because they ruined Venom for me, for example, he barely talked at all while having his face covered, he kept showing his face every time he talked, and instead of saying "we", and "us", it was "I", and "me", it's one reason why I prefer Tom Hardy as Venom, he's more faithful in that regard (Minus the complete detachment from Spider-Man), and I like The Amazing Spider-Man 2, it was my favorite Spider-Man movie up until the home trilogy, which I guess you could call a home run. :ROFLMAO: .

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I'm all for either a 4th Tobey Maguire movie or a 3rd Andrew Garfield movie. I was eagerly anticipating both as a kid, and when both were shut down back then I was pretty disappointed.

I never could get into the Holland Spider-Man movies. Homecoming just kind of felt like a waste of time to me, and Far From Home was better than Homecoming but still ended up being my second least favorite Spidey movie right behind Homecoming.

No Way Home was an awesome fan service to all kinds of Spidey fans though. Be it fans that love every Spider-Man movie, love MCU, or fans like me that just have a deep love for the Spider-Men we grew up with, it was nice to see them all together and get some time to shine. I also felt an odd sense of closure seeing Tobey and Andrew don the suits again, since I had that expectation as a kid to see them each in one more movie and I finally got that chance.

So anyway, I'm a hundred percent down for each of them getting one more movie! And if they don't, at least we got one more adventure with them.

Also, on topic in a weird way, I am PUMPED Michael Keaton is coming back as Batman! We're about to have Michael Keaton and Ben Affleck playing two different Batmen in Flash, and we still have the second Robert Pattinson Batman in production, the Joker sequel on the way, and I'm all for these multiple universe versions of the same superheroes existing for old fans and new alike.

Willow A113

Awards
Does anyone else headcanon Peter B. Parker in Spiderverse is the same as Tobey McGuire's Spider-Man? That's staying until it's proved false (which I hope doesn't happen). Even NWH didn't contradict it (other than the fact he didn't mention a multiversal/spiderversal adventure happening before, which could've easily happened offscreen).

D

Deleted member 246005

Does anyone else headcanon Peter B. Parker in Spiderverse is the same as Tobey McGuire's Spider-Man? That's staying until it's proved false (which I hope doesn't happen). Even NWH didn't contradict it (other than the fact he didn't mention a multiversal/spiderversal adventure happening before, which could've easily happened offscreen).
No but I understand the impulse. I thought Robert Pattinson's Batman felt like a younger version of Ben Affleck's Batman when I first saw the trailer.

Back