• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the KH2.5 Secret Ending

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards

Notice how Braig, and we know this isn't Xigbar as it's when all the apprentices returned to their human forms, says "Lord Xemnas" is nowhere to be seen...

I didn't really think about this before, but doesn't it strike you as odd that he's calling him Xemnas still? Is he referring to Xemnas as we know him, or Apprentice Xehanort? It's commonly gathered that Xemnas and Ansem Seeker of Darkness are, respectfully, the Nobody and Heartless of Apprentice Xehanort.

If that's the case why would he be calling him "Xemnas" still? Much less with that before he was stabbed by Apprentice Xehanort, he stated that his name was "Ansem"...
Not to mention that the next line when he speaks he mentions Master Xehanort as well, indicating that the two are different and possibly coexisting. Especially because he was expecting Xemnas to be there, explicitly stating that he was no longer there, implying Xemnas was also revived along with everyone else.

But to digress, Young Xehanort is there, so there is probably some nuance of time travel involved... Gah. I really hope not.

Opinions?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It is entirely possible that Xemnas grew an own heart (or at least has a sort of distinct Xehanort-seed) and that Braig is referring to something similar to that.

We have to keep in mind that Braig was one of the few people alongside Xehanort and DiZ who knew about the heart-growing thing.

He's most likely not referring to "Apprentice-nort" though as that isn't even a character/person of its own. It's either just Ansem SoD without being a Heartless (as the KH 1 reports state that Xehanort/Ansem felt no real difference in mind once he discarded his body) or Terra-Xehanort with a different hairstyle and eye color.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who took was focused on that line as well

And yeah as Sephiroth said it is very possible that Xemnas grew his own heart but let's remember this wouldn't be the Xemnas we saw in 3D who was from the past. But this Xemnas was supposed to be in the present recompleted with the other Apprentices/Ex Organization members As Braig mentioned. Xemnas was Terra's body was he not? Wherever this "recompleted and present" Xemnas went would definitely help clue us in on Terra's ambiguous situation. BRAIG couldn't have been talking about Master Xehanort since he talks about the man in the same line so he clearly classifies the two as separate and remember MX doesn't get revived fully as a complete person until near the end of 3D.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Just a thought I had, but what if, instead of that scene taking place after the revival, it takes place when they became nobodies. YX was collecting versions of himself so he got Braig and then they moved forward through time to get more versions. Xemnas wasn't there like Braig expected, but that's when they took Saix. That would explain the "Lord Xemnas" and not "Xehanort".

KeyToDestiny

Awards
^What hurts theory is Lea, Isa and Ienzo were already full grown adults In that scene

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
^What hurts theory is Lea, Isa and Ienzo were already full grown adults In that scene

They were already adults when turned into Nobodies, so that doesn't derail it. I would say more that when Braig got stabbed by ConfusedNort, he claimed his name was Ansem, in which Braig seemed shocked by. It wouldn't make sense for Braig to wake up, having freshly become Xigbar, and already know about Xemnas. If anything he would be confused. Since he's already in on Xemnas' plan (or is he?) in this scene, it's safe to assume he has already made acquaintance with him.

So I highly doubt it's when they were just turned to Nobodies.
Moreover given the fact that Braig says "That was more difficult than i thought", implying whatever plan he or Xehanort had beforehand had been thwarted in some way or another. This would only make sense to be said after the Organization was taken down by Sora, and the events la Castle Oblivion.
That or the fact that ConfusedNort stabbed them which threw the plans off? It's ambiguous.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
They were already adults when turned into Nobodies, so that doesn't derail it. I would say more that when Braig got stabbed by ConfusedNort, he claimed his name was Ansem, in which Braig seemed shocked by. It wouldn't make sense for Braig to wake up, having freshly become Xigbar, and already know about Xemnas. If anything he would be confused. Since he's already in on Xemnas' plan (or is he?) in this scene, it's safe to assume he has already made acquaintance with him.

So I highly doubt it's when they were just turned to Nobodies.
Moreover given the fact that Braig says "That was more difficult than i thought", implying whatever plan he or Xehanort had beforehand had been thwarted in some way or another. This would only make sense to be said after the Organization was taken down by Sora, and the events la Castle Oblivion.
That or the fact that ConfusedNort stabbed them which threw the plans off? It's ambiguous.

Except they weren't adults when they turned into nobodies. As the 3D opening clearly showed Ienzo becoming a nobody as a child so now plus the scene DID take place a year after BBS and there WAS a 9 year gap to grow between That scene and KH1

Plus we also have the fact that Braig and Isa were missing in the room when Lea and the others wake up so

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Except they weren't adults when they turned into nobodies. As the 3D opening clearly showed Ienzo becoming a nobody as a child so now plus the scene DID take place a year after BBS and there WAS a 9 year gap to grow between That scene and KH1

Plus we also have the fact that Braig and Isa were missing in the room when Lea and the others wake up so

Didn't think about that. I just thought the body remained in it's current state when turned into a Nobody. So they aged as Nobodies? I never thought about that.
When Ienzo returns to his complete self, his matured body is transferred over. I guess I'll roll with it.

KeyToDestiny

Awards
To be fair the aging process would only happen if Ienzo and the others grew their own hearts again as Nobodies can't age without a heart. Well nothing can
age without a heart if Ven is any indication. Xemnas implied many of them grew budding hearts so maybe that's enough to grow at the least.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
The thing about Isa and Lea being adults is a questionable thing. In KH1 Leon mentions he and the others escaped Hollow Bastions fall 9 years prior. BBS is 10yrs prior. That leaves a one year gap between BBS and the betrayal of Ansem.
This timeframe could be a retconned fact now though so long as Nomura or some media source I'm not familiar with supports and references the timeframe at a later date.

On topic. I find the line suspect too but it begs the question. If the old Xehanort is back then who returned in the lab? Terra? Xehanort controlled Terra? Or Xemnas who is the final result of Terra being changed into Xehanort?

χ-Blade Master

The thing about Isa and Lea being adults is a questionable thing. In KH1 Leon mentions he and the others escaped Hollow Bastions fall 9 years prior. BBS is 10yrs prior. That leaves a one year gap between BBS and the betrayal of Ansem.
This timeframe could be a retconned fact now though so long as Nomura or some media source I'm not familiar with supports and references the timeframe at a later date.

On topic. I find the line suspect too but it begs the question. If the old Xehanort is back then who returned in the lab? Terra? Xehanort controlled Terra? Or Xemnas who is the final result of Terra being changed into Xehanort?

If Xemnas indeed grew a heart (most likely he did) then it is a Xemnas controlled Terra.

srb1a4

I personally never thought of the scene being after everybody was resurrected but that make sense. Do you think when Braig said, "Which poor soul will it be?" He took Isa body to put Xehanort's heart(soul) in him, that would mean that this scene is slightly before KH 3D.
So Xemnas in KH 3D was time traveling, or did we never defeated him in KH2(or only Young Xehanort time traveling)? (Now I'm confused. I'm so sorry I think I need to rewatch Kh 3D all over again...)

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
So Xemnas in KH 3D was time traveling, or did we never defeated him in KH2(or only Young Xehanort time traveling)? (Now I'm confused. I'm so sorry I think I need to rewatch Kh 3D all over again...)

Ah, very interesting discussion point.

In the KH3D opening, if you watch as it recaps the fight with Xemnas, when Sora + Riku send the beam of light through him, and it pierces him, it doesn't exactly show him fade away as normal, it sort of looks like a teleport.
KH2 surely and completely shows him fade away, but the way it is shown in the opening is a lot different. It sort of looks like the teleport he does after you defeat him at the end of KH3D. Perhaps it will be retconned?

But then again, Yen Sid also mentions in the Coded secret ending that he "met his end". However I feel like not even Yen Sid knows what's going on. He said in that ending that the destruction of Ansem and Xemnas would mean the reconstruction of Master Xehanort, and it shows the old man Xehanort in the background, however if Ansem and Xemnas are Heartless and Nobodies of Apprentice Xehanort respectively, then wouldn't it mean his return, not Master Xehanort's?
I feel like Yen Sid isn't exactly in on it either.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Ansem the Wise also mentions that Xehanort turned out to be a sort of prodigy, so it is not completely out of the question that the whole experiments on hearts (starting with Ansem's psychological tests, then escalating into Xehanort-sponsored Prof. Hojo-like madness) happened over the course of just a year.
Let's say we give about one or two months for the "amnesiac" Xehanort to get used to the life at Radiant Garden, becoming close to Ansem in the process while in the background Braig is already busy preparing for the continuation of their "master plan" all along.
After all, the conversation in Blank Points points towards this direction:
BBS said:
Braig: Hey! Mister Master. Oh c'mon, you don't even know your pal? Please tell me the amnesia was just a sick joke.
Boy, this is some cliche. Hey, you're not...Terra? Just gotta check. As if. Well, don't sweat it. I got your back.
The last part gives off the vibe that Master Xehanort left some instructions to Braig what to do after the whole mess at the Graveyard went about, so even if Xehanort's "amnesia" was genuine at first, Braig knew what to do and what to prepare. Getting Even's curiosity riled up probably would not have been much of a problem and Ienzo was still an easily impressable and moldable child (he seemed even younger than Ven during BBS), so Even and "Uncle" Braig certainly wouldn't have many problems nudging his interests towards the path Master Xehanort originally intended. In that light, the suggestion to create the secret lab made to Ansem could have been actually originally envisioned by Even and/or Braig, despite Ienzo being the one to urge Ansem towards it. They might have sent Ienzo to convince Ansem the Wise probably because they felt he would agree easier if it came from the youngest apprentice.
Even knew about Ven's heart being pure light and could even tell that it was artificially made so. This means that Even either already was into heart-research before Xehanort showed up or that Braig wasn't the only one who had already contact with Master Xehanort before the end of BBS.

As to who returned in the lab, well, that's a point made in-game by Lea himself as he explicitly states that "Xehanort probably doesn't count", meaning he at least knows that there's something special about Xehanort's circumstances.
Braig's statement of "Lord Xemnas not being there" is fishy in the regard that it almost sounds as if he expected a form of "Xemnas" to be present within the lab and him not being present tells him that the plan to gather the 13 is already underway, which gets confirmed by Young Xehanort stepping in some seconds later.
As to who returned to the lab exactly, it would certainly not be Xehanort's main essence as that one is required to return to its true body by the recompletion process and is what we see during the finale of DDD. It was indeed "Terra-Xehanort" who lost his heart in the lab and became a Nobody and as Ienzo explains a person should be recompleted exactly where they were first split.
Now, this gives us at least the answer for which body and soul should reappear in the lab: Terra's.
Furthermore, we have to take into account that Xehanort's main essence (his main heart) is not available anymore as it gets redirected to its true body by the recompletion process.
Now what elements are left from the whole mess? Terra's heart, Eraqus' heart and any possible heart that Xemnas grew.
As we see with Roxas' new heart, it returned to Sora because it was originally born (and nurtured) inside Sora's original body, "inhabiting" the body alongside Ven's injured heart. We know that both those hearts returned to Sora at the end of the Prologue of KH 2. Conferring this knowledge to Xemnas' new heart, which due to circumstances would be no doubt a Xehanort-seed and thus controllable by Xehanort, we can deduce that whatever Xemnas grew it originates in Terra's body, just like Roxas' new essence originates in Sora's.
This means that Xemnas' new heart would be redirected to Terra's body during recompletion, probably alongside Terra's heart if there wasn't another factor in play that caused Terra's heart (and possibly Eraqus') to be relocated elsewhere.

Long story short, what exactly came to be in the lab is/was no longer "Terra-Xehanort" as Xehanort's main essence is no longer present, so we could probably call it either "Neo-Terra-Xehanort" (I think it was Nayru's Love who originally coined this term) or rather a "Terra-Xemnas" or simply "Neo-Xemnas" as this new construct should be the "Xemnas"-Xehanort-seed commanding Terra's body.
If Terra's and/or Eraqus' hearts are still present in this new being cannot be confirmed for sure as it is explicitly called into question was happened to them (and there is also still Ansem SoD to take into account).

To make a rather simple comparison, we could probably say that this new being is something akin to what could have been if Roxas took control of Sora's body rather than Sora's own heart with the added complication on top that Xemnas' new heart is under control of Xehanort's main essence.
The whole construct Terra-Xemnas-Xehanort is indeed similar to the Sora-Roxas-Ventus trinity but plays out vastly different.
In both cases, Terra and Sora are the source respectively as it is their bodies who provide the base for the new beings to grow their hearts in (Xemnas and Roxas respectively) while there is a third force piggybacking that influences these new beings (Xehanort and Ventus).
In the latter case though, the "piggybacking" force aka Ventus is totally passive and influences the new being (Roxas) only in appearance, otherwise Roxas is free to develop into an independent being since the source (Sora) also provides only indirect influence through their shared close connection.
In the first case though, the "piggybacking" force aka Xehanort excercises total dominance and control, ensuring total active influence on how the new being (Xemnas) develops. How much the source (Terra) is involved and if or how he tries to counter Xehanort's influence is a total mystery as we have close to no information on it compared to Sora's influence on Roxas which we see throughout the series.
The presence of Eraqus' heart adds of course another complicating level to it which I won't indulge into further as this is already nearly an essay again...<__<

Lastly, I'd like to point out that we might even have a third trinity working like this in the series, that one being Ventus-Vanitas-Xehanort.
At the base it works a little different as Xehanort wasn't "piggybacking" inside Ventus (although he did originally want to make Ven a vessel but discarded the idea after deeming Ven unsuitable), but the end result is similar.
Ventus is the "source" of Vanitas just like Sora is for Roxas and Terra for Xemnas and while Ventus' role is different (source instead of piggybacking force) compared to Roxas, his role is again the same as totally passive, uninfluencing force on the new being aka Vanitas.
Xehanort may have been not the initial piggybacking third force as he wasn't inside Ventus, but Vanitas' golden eyes indicate that Xehanort made himself the piggybacking force after separating Vanitas from Ventus, making Vanitas similar to Xemnas in the vein that he probably was also heavily influenced and dominated by Xehanort's will, but also different in that he didn't give birth to a new heart completely like Xemnas, but had an ungrown, new and empty one that was derived from Ven's. Xehanort even calls him "empty creature" but there's no doubt that Vanitas has a heart of his own, although one that was created and nutured differently than i.e. Roxas' or Xemnas'.

As a result, we have three trinities with participants in the same roles and similar setup, but each one plays out differently nonetheless.

χ-Blade Master;6281546 said:
If Xemnas indeed grew a heart (most likely he did) then it is a Xemnas controlled Terra.

This is indeed one of the most probable possibilities, although that "Xemnas" is in turn heavily influenced and possibly controlled by Xehanort.

Ah, very interesting discussion point.

In the KH3D opening, if you watch as it recaps the fight with Xemnas, when Sora + Riku send the beam of light through him, and it pierces him, it doesn't exactly show him fade away as normal, it sort of looks like a teleport.
KH2 surely and completely shows him fade away, but the way it is shown in the opening is a lot different. It sort of looks like the teleport he does after you defeat him at the end of KH3D. Perhaps it will be retconned?

But then again, Yen Sid also mentions in the Coded secret ending that he "met his end". However I feel like not even Yen Sid knows what's going on. He said in that ending that the destruction of Ansem and Xemnas would mean the reconstruction of Master Xehanort, and it shows the old man Xehanort in the background, however if Ansem and Xemnas are Heartless and Nobodies of Apprentice Xehanort respectively, then wouldn't it mean his return, not Master Xehanort's?
I feel like Yen Sid isn't exactly in on it either.

Well, for that, it is said in the DDD Ultimania and some Famitsu interviews that there might be more to Ansem and Xemnas than meets the eye, and I'll just leave those to ponder about a little here first:
DDD Ultimania said:
— In other words, Ansem and Xemnas were, at the same time, existing in the time and space of KH3D as well as having returned to their true human form after being destroyed?
Nomura: Yes, it does turn out that way. However, as I said before, ‘The World That Never Was’, where the thirteen all met, is a special space. The mechanics behind how they were all able to exist at the same time is a mystery. From KH1 on, Ansem has returned no matter how many times he has been defeated, perhaps the same sort of thing happened.

Famitsu said:
— What about Xemnas and Ansem, essentially they weren’t inside anyone, was it due to circumstances of the worlds of sleep?
Nomura: First off, when Young Xehanort made contact with the Brown Robed Figure, that is to say, the Xehanort who called himself Ansem, his abilities were transferred to him. As a result of Master Xehanort tossing his physical body, he was able to exceed time, and this power was carried into the Brown Robed Figure. Thus when Young Xehanort made contact with him, he gained this power. Possessing this power. Young Xehanort functioned as a “portal”, summoning Xemnas and Ansem each time they appeared. That’s why Young Xehanort was there whenever they appeared. Additionally, when Sora and Riku dropped into the worlds of sleep, simultaneously Young Xehanort himself goes into the world of sleep.

— After generating and before attacking Sora, were Xemnas and Ansem somewhere that exceeded beyond time?
Nomura: That’s right.

Depending on how one interprets those, saying that Ansem and Xemnas are simply time-traveling might fall short of what actually happens during DDD with those two specifically.
It's especially iffy that Nomura responds with "that's right" to a question if Ansem and Xemnas were somewhere "beyond time", as in how can one time travel if he/she is entirely outside of time itself.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
They might have sent Ienzo to convince Ansem the Wise probably because they felt he would agree easier if it came from the youngest apprentice.

This sounds like really clever tactic, something they probably used. Seeing Ienzo eating ice-cream and holding hands with Ansem the Wise, it seems that they had some sort of close relationship with each other.

Also when we see the test chambers when Xemans is walking to the Chamber of Repose, looking the doors really gives a good sense about the nature of the tests. Each door looks like a cell door with bars on windows, and the are also chains. To add even more security, there are locks that seems to require a password. All these matters of security clearly tell, that most of test subjects were not willingly participating in those experiments.

The whole construct Terra-Xemnas-Xehanort is indeed similar to the Sora-Roxas-Ventus trinity but plays out vastly different.
In both cases, Terra and Sora are the source respectively as it is their bodies who provide the base for the new beings to grow their hearts in (Xemnas and Roxas respectively) while there is a third force piggybacking that influences these new beings (Xehanort and Ventus).
In the latter case though, the "piggybacking" force aka Ventus is totally passive and influences the new being (Roxas) only in appearance, otherwise Roxas is free to develop into an independent being since the source (Sora) also provides only indirect influence through their shared close connection.
In the first case though, the "piggybacking" force aka Xehanort excercises total dominance and control, ensuring total active influence on how the new being (Xemnas) develops. How much the source (Terra) is involved and if or how he tries to counter Xehanort's influence is a total mystery as we have close to no information on it compared to Sora's influence on Roxas which we see throughout the series.
The presence of Eraqus' heart adds of course another complicating level to it which I won't indulge into further as this is already nearly an essay again...<__<

Holy heck, I never thought this that way. Really interesting perspective to the nature of these characters, and to their relationships.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
After all, the conversation in Blank Points points towards this direction:

But the look that Apprentice Xehanort gives Braig as he's talking makes it look like he really disdains him.
Also, the look that Ansem the Wise gives both Braig and Xehanort as they walk away is also quite distasteful, and Ienzo looks suspicious about them too.

Not to mention that if Master Xehanort had devised some sort of plan, and accounted for memory loss/amnesia in his form of Terra-Xehanort and informed Braig about it, and how to mend things, then why would he not tell him about the part where he would stab him and extract his heart to create a Nobody?
I also still can't shake off how he spitefully says to Braig "My name is Ansem" just after he stabs him. Up until that moment Braig had thought he was Xehanort, and it seems like "Xehanort" was just tricking him the whole time. If Braig truly was in on it, then why wasn't he informed?
He was truly shocked in that moment, you can see it in his expression.
Not to mention how all those possessed by Xehanort/have some part of Xehanort inside them all exhibit a yellow influence in their eyes, meanwhile Apprentice Xehanort doesn't.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This sounds like really clever tactic, something they probably used. Seeing Ienzo eating ice-cream and holding hands with Ansem the Wise, it seems that they had some sort of close relationship with each other.

Also when we see the test chambers when Xemans is walking to the Chamber of Repose, looking the doors really gives a good sense about the nature of the tests. Each door looks like a cell door with bars on windows, and the are also chains. To add even more security, there are locks that seems to require a password. All these matters of security clearly tell, that most of test subjects were not willingly participating in those experiments.

Holy heck, I never thought this that way. Really interesting perspective to the nature of these characters, and to their relationships.

It also fits Braig's modus operandi of subterfuge and may also have served to further corrupt Ienzo and slowly enstrange him from Ansem by bringing his views more and more in line with his own, Even's and Xehanort's. Even seems to be Ienzo's day-to-day caretaker while Ansem spends time with him occassionally when he's free. Even's moral compass didn't seem to be that strong when it came to science and experimenting, so that attitude may have been slowly imprinted on young Ienzo as well, explaining his later more ruthless attitude (coming from Even's lack of morals) and the preference to use subterfuge and more sneaky means to bring opponents down (from Braig).

If I recall correctly both the KH 1 and KH 2 reports speak about how truly heinous the experiments went about once Xehanort took the helm fully and Ansem the Wise was removed as a moral overseer.

I came to think of these parallels myself mainly due to the proposal of "Xemnas" being now still around possibly controlling Terra's body on Xehanort's behest.
Since if such a "Xemnas" exists, he would be very similar to Roxas in terms of what he is, a new heart without an own body and soul to call his own, situated right now in the body of the heart he was originally created from.

But the look that Apprentice Xehanort gives Braig as he's talking makes it look like he really disdains him.
Also, the look that Ansem the Wise gives both Braig and Xehanort as they walk away is also quite distasteful, and Ienzo looks suspicious about them too.

Not to mention that if Master Xehanort had devised some sort of plan, and accounted for memory loss/amnesia in his form of Terra-Xehanort and informed Braig about it, and how to mend things, then why would he not tell him about the part where he would stab him and extract his heart to create a Nobody?
I also still can't shake off how he spitefully says to Braig "My name is Ansem" just after he stabs him. Up until that moment Braig had thought he was Xehanort, and it seems like "Xehanort" was just tricking him the whole time. If Braig truly was in on it, then why wasn't he informed?
He was truly shocked in that moment, you can see it in his expression.
Not to mention how all those possessed by Xehanort/have some part of Xehanort inside them all exhibit a yellow influence in their eyes, meanwhile Apprentice Xehanort doesn't.

The look Xehanort gives him can be interpreted as disdain, but also annoyed confusion or distantly weirded out. Remember that Braig is also slinging his arm around Xehanort's shoulders and as far as we know Xehanort is in general someone who isn't really too keen on direct physical contact.
Ansem the Wise's look is also more contemplating and/or cautious than suspicious, as Ansem does acknowledge Xehanort's almost superhuman abilities and quick ability to learn in the reports of KH 2.

As for the starting scene of DDD I'm afraid you'll need to rewatch it again:
DDD opening scene said:
?????: Hey! Is this how you wanted it?

(The man faces another in the room, who starts to walk toward him)

Braig: Xehanort! You wanna fill me in?

(The man lifts his arm and summons a black and white keyblade)

?????: I am...

Braig: Hey! Do you remember now, or... Wait, did you never lose your memory?
Notice how Braig asks "is this how you wanted it" and "Xehanort! Wou wanna fill me in?".

The first statement clearly shows that they were following some sort of plan while the second one indicates that Braig only knew parts of the whole thing (most likely just exactly enough to function just as Xehanort wanted).
This goes highly in accordance with the fact that while Braig is the one who is mostly involved with Xehanort's plans, he also seems to never know the full details as we see in KH 2 FM when Xigbar talks with Zexion in the new cutscenes or even in the mentioned new 2.5 Secret scene of Re: Coded.

Braig states in this scene that "it was more difficult than he thought, but that at least things are on track.", which means that he's at least aware and "in" on the overall general plan and does have instructions from Xehanort to follow.
Afterwards however Braig reveals that he's not really in on the overall final goals, the deeper reasons and the finer details and that the way how old Xehanort can see into minds and manipulates things "scare" him somewhat, which also explains his reactions during the DDD opening scene, but then changes the subject to his own personal plans when he realizes that investigating the topic with Young Xehanort won't get any results because Young Xehanort himself doesn't know.

So to answer the question as to why Xehanort would not tell Braig about some parts of his plan like the stabbity-episode or how exactly some things would work out is that Xehanort saw no need to. He only informed Braig about the parts of the plan he absolutely needed to know to carry it out, leaving out all the finer and subtle details.
One has to keep in mind that Xehanort does not have/allow any true "partners" or "equals" in his schemes. Braig may be his closest servant and most trusted confidante (as far as Xehanort is capable of such a thing), but he's nowhere equal or trusted enough to be entrusted with the whole truth.

Last edited:

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Remember that Braig is also slinging his arm around Xehanort's shoulders and as far as we know Xehanort is in general someone who isn't really too keen on direct physical contact.
Ansem the Wise's look is also more contemplating and/or cautious than suspicious, as Ansem does acknowledge Xehanort's almost superhuman abilities and quick ability to learn in the reports of KH 2.

As for the starting scene of DDD I'm afraid you'll need to rewatch it again:

Notice how Braig asks "is this how you wanted it" and "Xehanort! Wou wanna fill me in?".

It's clearly visible that Xehanort isn't happy about the arm slung around him. Take a look at the scene again. He is incredibly uncomfortable and even goes as far as to dust his shoulder after Braig releases him. It looks plain obvious he doesn't like Braig. He even gives off a grunt in disdain.

And as for that scene, I'm pretty sure something as big as being stabbed, creating a whole separate being is something that would be discussed in the plan brief. That's a certain act that I'm fairly positive would have been discussed. Also, I know the English translation is great and all, but in Japanese he says:
おい!これで良かったのか? ゼアノート。。。どうする気なんだ!
The first bit practically translates well, but the second bit is quite fierce and direct, and has a heaver implication of distaste than the English one. He basically says "What the hell are you thinking?".
He even begins to approach him in an opposing manner, he only backs down when Xehanort summons the keyblade.
Not to mention the very next line he says is questioning whether or not he actually lost his memory. This in itself debunks what you've said. If Braig was somehow meant to supplement that memory loss, according to a heads up by Master Xehanort, then surely by that time Braig would have already helped him recover it.
Xehanort seems to have been playing dumb the whole time until that very moment. Why would he do that? Moreover, if Master Xehanort had gone as far to prepare for potential memory loss, why in the world would he not tell him, "I'm going to stab you, not to kill you, but to create a separate entity of you, then there will be 2 of you" or something like that? Why not warn him? I'm pretty sure this act of basically taking the lives of all the apprentices isn't simply a "finer or subtle" detail...
Xehanort also seems quite spaced out in the scene, if you see how he's mindlessly looking up at the ceiling. Is this something that Master Xehanort, if he was in control, would be doing? He's a precise man, he knows what's up. Why would he be acting delusional?

Additionally, why would he tell a body he has just stabbed, who falls unconsciously to the ground, that his name isn't Xehanort, and that it's Ansem? For what purpose? He's speaking to a corpse basically losing consciousness. Wouldn't he wait until he had regathered Xigbar or something to tell him that? It's just completely illogical. In my eyes it seems like direct spite.
Even the way he stabs him implies aggression, he takes a nice run up. If it was all apart of Master Xehanort's scheme, nothing fits.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I agree with what seems the prevailing theory: When Master Xehanort mentions that "another on your list belongs to me now", he was referring to Terra. After Ansem SoD and Xemnas were destroyed, Terra and Xehanort were at last seperated from each other. But Xemnas' budding Nobody heart was waiting for Terra upon his reconstruction, and thus he became Terra-Xemnas. Braig is reffering to him when he speaks to Young Xehanort in the scene in 2.5 Re:coded.

Speaking of Braig... I noticed something and I'm a bit confused and slightly worried. This scene in Re:coded is supposed to take place prior to DDD right?

[video=youtube;7F-M9Gafpdk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7F-M9Gafpdk[/video]

Well if so... then why does he appear as Xigbar and not Braig in DDD?

[video=youtube;BxHDACu0er8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxHDACu0er8[/video]

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Well if so... then why does he appear as Xigbar and not Braig in DDD?

Simple, Xigbar has been escorted there by Young Xehanort, thereby exceeding time. This is Xigbar from a time before he was defeated.
Meanwhile Braig is off plotting his own scheme. They are coexisting during the time of that scene due to Time Travel (thanks Nomura).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back