• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the prologue (Don't think I spelled that right) for KH1... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
I have no idea where to put a discussion like this, but here it goes, just out of curiosity is the prologue for KH1 essential to understand the plot, cause it feels like the game could start as Sora wakes up on the beach and you wouldn't miss anything important, anyone else feel this way, what are your thoughts? p.s yes, I know you can't actually skip it but say someone was watching you play the game like a friend or family member, and they got up to go to the bathroom or something, but come back just as Sora was waking up, that's what I mean.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
It probably wouldn't matter much. But the voice that speaks to Sora at the Final Rest (I believe it's Mickey's voice, but I second guessed myself as I was writing this right now, perhaps it's not?) is first introduced in Dive to the Heart. If I don't have it wrong (as far as being Mickey), then it's also in the Final Mix scene of Riku at the end End of the World as well as the post-credits scene of SDG running down through the grassy hills towards Oblivion. I guess I'm thinking the voice in Dive to the Heart and the post-credits scene may be the Keyblade and not Mickey. Since the Keyblade does speak to Sora when it appears to him (when Riku vanishes).

That aside, some things have value for the atmosphere they had to a story more than story importance. Those words are iconic for the series (I believe they may be repeated in regards to KHIV's story actually?), the opening and the Dive to the Heart stained glasses add an eerie and ethereal quality to the game.

Chie

Awards
It was supposed to be Mickey, at least.

Dive to the Heart is recurring imagery across the series, I'd say it's very important in the big picture.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
On the surface it might not be that important but I always found that sequence memorable. "The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes" is still one of my favorite lines from the series.

At least it does contribute a bit to the plot since it foreshadows the PoH plotline through the stained glass.

vaderskywalker

Awards
On the surface it might not be that important but I always found that sequence memorable. "The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes" is still one of my favorite lines from the series.

At least it does contribute a bit to the plot since it foreshadows the PoH plotline through the stained glass.
Fair enough, but then why does KH2 skip the flashback of it when Roxas is dreaming of Sora, it's implied that he dreams of it with this line "Another dream about him." I could be over thinking it and it could be that he didn't dream that part at all, and was referencing another moment of Sora's life altogether, either way, it still skips it.

Last edited:
Back