• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the remasters... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, not trying to force anything on anyone, everyone's entitled to their own opinions, and I respect that, and I apologize if I offend anyone, I just want to know one thing, why is it that newcomers (Some, not all) to the series who get HD 1.5+2.5 remix, only play 1 and 2, and go right to 3, without even playing the extra games on the disc? just curious, I watch a lot of let's plays, and some of the players do this, what are your thoughts?

AegisXIII

Awards
I think it is not necessarily the majority, but people who do let's play want viewers. And viewer are more likely to show up for the main titles.
Then, I think people skip chain of memories, but not really the other titles. It's rare to see people skip BBS or DDD even in let's play.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I think it is not necessarily the majority, but people who do let's play want viewers. And viewer are more likely to show up for the main titles.
Then, I think people skip chain of memories, but not really the other titles. It's rare to see people skip BBS or DDD even in let's play.
I know it's not the majority, I have seen a lot of people play the Kingdom Hearts games for the first time, especially in preparation for 3, but I have seen one or two people play only `1 and 2, and then 3, for instance there's one let's player, that did 1 and 2 on livestreams in preperation for 3, he was advised about them during the livestreams, and he said that he had no intention of playing the others on the disc, again not judging anyone, just very puzzled.

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
The side games are frequently misinterpreted as spin-offs. Also, people are more interested in main titles like Aegis said. Personally, I started with the Remixes and just played/watch everything.

vaderskywalker

Awards
The side games are frequently misinterpreted as spin-offs. Also, people are more interested in main titles like Aegis said. Personally, I started with the Remixes and just played/watch everything.
And I understand that, but I have never considered them spin-offs or side game, I have always seen them as main titles, but to each their own.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
And I understand that, but I have never considered them spin-offs or side game, I have always seen them as main titles, but to each their own.
Calling them side games aren't what I consider to be derogatory. They are important titles, but the numbered titles have greater significance, so it makes sense to call them side games in comparison. I believe calling them spin-offs is completely inaccurate, however.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Calling them side games aren't what I consider to be derogatory. They are important titles, but the numbered titles have greater significance, so it makes sense to call them side games in comparison. I believe calling them spin-offs is completely inaccurate, however.
First off, what does derogatory mean? second, the reason I see them as main titles is because it feels like an insult to the games every time they're referred to as side games or spin-offs, but that's just me, I just don't see how a number makes that big of a difference, whether there numbered or not, they each feel equally important, but again that's just me.

D

Deleted member 246005

I thought Days and Coded were only packaged as movies than remastered. So you can't do a let's play for that.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I thought Days and Coded were only packaged as movies than remastered. So you can't do a let's play for that.
No, but a lot of the let's players do it anyway, basically just commentary, or reactions to the movies, most of them call them let's watch.

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
First off, what does derogatory mean? second, the reason I see them as main titles is because it feels like an insult to the games every time they're referred to as side games or spin-offs, but that's just me, I just don't see how a number makes that big of a difference, whether there numbered or not, they each feel equally important, but again that's just me.
Derogatory means "showing a critical or disrespectful attitude." My point was that I didn't consider the term side games to be an insult, and I believe the term is different than spin-off.

AegisXIII

Awards
And actually this behavior is weird since we are living in the marvel era. Nobody complains that avengers3 is not a direct sequel of avengers2. People are used to do their research before consuming contents.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I agree with the notion about streamers focusing on numbers over playing chronologically. For engagement purposes, it makes sense that you're more likely to get eyeballs on streams for the OG (KH1), the OG Ps2 sequel (KH2), or the "long awaited" sequel (KH3) over the handheld titles.

The question seems framed on the concept of let's plays, and engagement and eyeballs would be the answer over a regular person buying the collection and what games they would play. I can see Re:CoM not being engaging viewing material in general, but the nostalgia factor of KH2 and the "shiny, newest thing" of KH3 would bring views along rather than dipping off into a story that doesn't follow Sora exclusively, in updated graphics.

People who stream, while they say they are fans, have money at the forefront of their minds. Even if they enjoy all of the games, they need to be thinking of what engagement will bring the most views and thus the most revenue, and numbered titles bring that. There's also the quicker factor, the sooner they get done with KH, the sooner they can move on to something else, and once they have KH fans subscribed, there's the chance of those eyeballs following on to whatever they stream next rather than them dropping off.

vaderskywalker

Awards
And actually this behavior is weird since we are living in the marvel era. Nobody complains that avengers3 is not a direct sequel of avengers2. People are used to do their research before consuming contents.
And that is partly why I find this so puzzling, for example, if you skip Thor Ragnarok and go straight to Infinity War, you would be confused as to why Thor has a haircut, what happened to his hammer, why Asgard was destroyed, and what happened to Odin, not to mention Civil War, you would also be confused as to why The Avengers are broken up, and that is 4 games and two movies on one disc, I just don't understand why someone would play only two of them, and not play or watch the others, when they do own them, again not judging, just curious.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
And that is partly why I find this so puzzling, for example, if you skip Thor Ragnarok and go straight to Infinity War, you would be confused as to why Thor has a haircut, what happened to his hammer, why Asgard was destroyed, and what happened to Odin, not to mention Civil War, you would also be confused as to why The Avengers are broken up, and that is 4 games and two movies on one disc, I just don't understand why someone would play only two of them, and not play or watch the others, when they do own them, again not judging, just curious.
But do they complain? If these people are fully aware that they are skipping stuff and that they might loose important information and are fine with it, then it's okay I guess. The problem comes when they say stuff like: "I am such a HUUUGE fan of Kingdom Hearts. I have played all of the games. Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2 and I have been waiting 13 years for Kingdom Hearts 3.". 😅

vaderskywalker

Awards
But do they complain? If these people are fully aware that they are skipping stuff and that they might loose important information and are fine with it, then it's okay I guess. The problem comes when they say stuff like: "I am such a HUUUGE fan of Kingdom Hearts. I have played all of the games. Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2 and I have been waiting 13 years for Kingdom Hearts 3.". 😅
1. I'm guilty of waiting 13 years for KH3 from the moment just before the credits started rolling on KH2, well actually, if you want to get technical about it, I waited 7 years for the announcement of KH3, and 13 years for KH3, and played all of the games in preparation for it, with no complaint.

2. it's not really about losing information, it's about having games that there not playing, for example, if I have a collection of games, and one of them is a game I have no interest in playing, I'll end up playing it anyway at some point, just because I have it, basically temptation for me, again not judging.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Your regular streamer and the people who are fans of those streamers aren't really looking to engage with the franchise as a whole, but rather the 3 core games that are the face of the franchise because those games will draw in more views due to their popularity.

There will be a few who do deviate from the standard and stream themselves playing the other games in the franchise because they genuinely enjoy the games and the series, and their fans are also receptive to watching them play because they are also fans of the franchise or know the tastes of their favorite streamer.

It sucks but it's expected at this point.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Your regular streamer and the people who are fans of those streamers aren't really looking to engage with the franchise as a whole, but rather the 3 core games that are the face of the franchise because those games will draw in more views due to their popularity.

There will be a few who do deviate from the standard and stream themselves playing the other games in the franchise because they genuinely enjoy the games and the series, and their fans are also receptive to watching them play because they are also fans of the franchise or know the tastes of their favorite streamer.

It sucks but it's expected at this point.
I know, one of the let's players is my favorite.

Back