• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the site...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrcEnigma

First off, no, it's not about lack of updates or anything like that. Out of sheer boredom I stopped by the site here for the first time in about a month. No sooner had the page loaded, my virus scanner popped up telling me it had just intercepted and deleted a "trojan" from this site. Somewhat shrugging it off I waited for the page to finish loading and then clicked on the Fan Corner section to see what kind of off-the-wall theories and such had been posted recently. And again, I get the same warning from my virus scanner. A moment later, I also get a message asking me to install some random "browser enhancer" onto my computer. ... I'm not an idiot; I didn't download it.

Now, would someone please explain to me what, exactly, is going on with the blasted site? And possibly why, from what I can see, no one else has reported this problem? As a quick note, I run my virus scanner and spyware software every day at three pm without fail. I can't afford to lose another computer to viruses and the like. It also doesn't happen with any other site I visit, so please don't give me the typical "run around" I've seen other people get on other sites/forums.

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
I'm not getting any of these effects. Maybe you don't have a firewall or any other special virus protection.

The Midnighter

Tech Geek
Awards
It's probabally the ads Deven has up.
I have no control over them, but I will certinaly pass this message along to him.
do you have any specifics about the "trojan" that your computer stopped?
It would be very helpful. :)

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
I had this same problem several months ago, but everyone shrugged it off..

I haven't been able to figure out what trojans they are though. My computer doesn't want to tell me that.

TwilightSora

I'm back? Maybe.
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
I have had the same Trojan infections before and now sometimes, but my virus scanner remmembers the virus's and it automatically deletes them without troubles. I actually don't go to the main site anymore because just like you it always gives me the virus detection every page, mostly Trojan's. its not just you.

DarrcEnigma

The Midnighter said:
It's probabally the ads Deven has up.
I have no control over them, but I will certinaly pass this message along to him.
do you have any specifics about the "trojan" that your computer stopped?
It would be very helpful. :)

These are the warnings and notes I took yesterday. Sometime around one pm, I believe. I was going to post them, but the forums seemed to be down. I dunno, but anyway:

Visting the main page gave me two trojans:
1) "The file C:\Documents and Settings\RR\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\44VY659C\stats25[1].htm was infected by the Exploit-MhtRedir.gen trojan and has been deleted to complete the Clean process."
2) "The file C:\Documents and Settings\RR\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\0DOXMV8X\aun_0032[1].exe was infected by the Downloader-LG trojan and has been deleted to complete the Clean process."
Popups that occured during page load: YourSmartRewards; something about getting a PSP.
Ads displayed on the page: Vonage The Broadband Phone Company (top), MSN 9 Dial-Up (bottom)
Notes: "0DOXMV8X" has one zero and one letter "o"; the first character is the number zero. After the page loaded, IE quit responding. -_-

Visiting "Fan Corner" didn't give me any trojans this time:
Ads displayed on the page: Same as before, with an extra MSN 9 Dial-up at the bottom.
Popups that occured during page load: Download Browser Optimizer Today!
Notes: IE didn't freeze, however I was given the message about downloading "The Browser Optimizer Search Utility? By clicking ..." from "BetterInternet." Again, I didn't install this, nor do I really know what it is.

Clicking on the "Home" link from Fan Corners brought me to an 502 Connection Hangup page. As stated, I couldn't access the site or forums after that.

Hopefully that'll at least give you or Deven some idea of what to look for.

Tsukasa

Awards
This is the info of that Trojan, not much but yeah, it's known by McAfee.
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_101033.htm

And "YourSmartRewards'' Well, this is where they are supposed to be located
Perhaps you can phone them?

Yoursmartrewards
4846 North University Drive #323
Lauderhill, FL 33351
(954) 337-9203

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back