• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About the union leaders

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Guess who is the fake leader

• Ephemera

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Skuld

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ventus

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Brain

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Lauriam

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

yuyayuzu

Awards
From this update, it seems like many people will exclude Brain and think Ventus is the killer of Strelitizia but I think Skuld is suspicious, just a hunch though. It may really be Ventus but I really hope that is not the case. Even if it is, I don't want the reason is Ventus = Vanitas. But this post is not about who is Strelitiza killer since fake leader not necessarliy = killer but who is not the leader that is assigned. This update shows that Ava shows the list of union leaders but after Brain has joined, he didn't say something about the fake union leader so this feels strange to me. How do you think about this? Who is the fake leader?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm going to die on the hill of Brain being the imposter.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yeah. It all seems to be building onto that. He calls himself the virus and Luxu talked about a virus that would try to ruin the MoM's plan. Plus, like you mentioned in another thread, it's possible that Ava killed Streritzia in order to have a proxy in the Union Leaders, with that proxy being Brain.

Other than that, I'd like to comment on the fact that Skuld's character hasn't necessarily been developed quite well for us to come to any conclusion on her, really. I honestly can't cast any suspicion on her because, like I said, she's been poorly developed. The only thing we know is that, possibly, she survived whatever the heck happened with the Union Leaders that made them jump a Worldline and could possibly end up being the Subject X that Luxu was looking for.

Which reminds me: Nomura really is a sloppy writer when it comes to group of characters. Brain, Epehemera and Lauriam have basically the spotlight in terms of Union Leaders. Ventus and Skuld? Not so much.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Which reminds me: Nomura really is a sloppy writer when it comes to group of characters. Brain, Epehemera and Lauriam have basically the spotlight in terms of Union Leaders. Ventus and Skuld? Not so much.

Yeah, it's a real shame. I consider the overall X/UX story to be one of the better ones, but some of these characters are terribly underdeveloped. Poor Skuld is the biggest offender. She has no self agency; her entire character revolves around Ephemer, Player or her duty as a Dandelion. And now she's contributing nothing by being relegated to Ven's babysitter and the token girl of the group.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Yeah, it's a real shame. I consider the overall X/UX story to be one of the better ones, but some of these characters are terribly underdeveloped. Poor Skuld is the biggest offender. She has no self agency; her entire character revolves around Ephemer, Player or her duty as a Dandelion. And now she's contributing nothing by being relegated to Ven's babysitter and the token girl of the group.
Really makes you wonder if Nomura really is bad at writing female characters, or he's generally bad in dealing with various characters in a single group at the same time. Really, the man needs an editor.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Really makes you wonder if Nomura really is bad at writing female characters, or he's generally bad in dealing with various characters in a single group at the same time. Really, the man needs an editor.

Both probably. I guess three characters at once is his limit? Dunno why he doesn't want to involve anymore characters in the various subplots going on right now.

If he's not going to do anything with Skuld and Ven, at least let them hang out with Player or something lol

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Both probably. I guess three characters at once is his limit? Dunno why he doesn't want to involve anymore characters in the various subplots going on right now.

If he's not going to do anything with Skuld and Ven, at least let them hang out with Player or something lol
It's a shame. the KHUx is already better than Xehanort's Saga, but the character handling is poor. I wonder if this also has to do with the way the story is structured in KHUx and Nomura's scheduling.

Iustus

Awards
Hmmm. After the newest update... I don't know. It's so vague who could be the impostor.

But we know Ephemer, Skuld, Blaine and Strelitzia had a personal talk with Ava. If we take the fact there is an impostor - which could be simply just someone else and then there is the traitor - then it must be at least two persons.

There is no reason for Ephemer, Skuld and Strelitzia to betray Ava or their companions, which leaves Ventus, Lauriam and Luxu.

We know, Luxu told Ava before the war started who is the traitor. But there was never mentioned that the traitor = impostor.

The meaning of being someone else and betraying others are kinda... Two different things.
And there is Luxu, who is body snatching and giving his Keyblade to others. And we have MarLUXia, the graceful ASSASSIN.

But why would Lauriam take his sisters spot instead? He could have been afraid of the darkness, staying behind or the fear of her being alone. And Luxu told him, he could change that.

But there must be something else, I don't really remember all the UX cutscenes... But I started to believe there is something about Luxu, Darkness and accomplice no 3.

How about Invi for example? Why is she hiding her neck, by the way? There are so few facts, that most thoughts get lost somehow! :-/

yuyayuzu

Awards
Hmmm. After the newest update... I don't know. It's so vague who could be the impostor.

But we know Ephemer, Skuld, Blaine and Strelitzia had a personal talk with Ava. If we take the fact there is an impostor - which could be simply just someone else and then there is the traitor - then it must be at least two persons.

As far as I remember, it is not shown Skuld had a personal talk with Ava. Same with Ventus and Lauriam. Or there is a story that I missed?

yuyayuzu

Awards
Other than that, I'd like to comment on the fact that Skuld's character hasn't necessarily been developed quite well for us to come to any conclusion on her, really. I honestly can't cast any suspicion on her because, like I said, she's been poorly developed. The only thing we know is that, possibly, she survived whatever the heck happened with the Union Leaders that made them jump a Worldline and could possibly end up being the Subject X that Luxu was looking for.

Actually the long amount of time of her staying in background makes me suspicious. But who knows, maybe it is just as you say they are lazy to put any development of her. Well, the same could be said for Ventus

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Actually the long amount of time of her staying in background makes me suspicious. But who knows, maybe it is just as you say they are lazy to put any development of her. Well, the same could be said for Ventus
The same could be said for any other character that has been out of the spotlight, really. If we've gotten ten minute long cutscenes, then just another 60 seconds wouldn't hurt anyone for Nomura to expose other characters.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

We saw Ephemer, Strelitzia and Brain being appointed Union leaders, although Brain's situation carries a whole lot of implications and doesn't absolve him from being the imposter. We only saw Skuld being invited to the Dandelions.

How long are UX's cutscenes again?

Anywhere from 1-8 minutes. These exposition-type cutscenes we've been getting lately tend to land around 6 minutes.

Last edited:

Eonstar890

Awards
After the recent updates, I have theorized that the union leader who wasn't chosen by the MoM is actually Ephemer. My reasoning behind this being that Ava clearly has shown through out the series how much she likes him. Out of all the new leaders he is the only one that she has a real rapport with and would make sense as being her choice not the MoM. My theory also goes along the lines that Ava is the "traitor" and she purposely sabotaged the MoM list meaning she is the one who took out Strelitzia. At this point I feel the signs most clearly point to her what with her shock at Luxu's reveal of the traitor and how suspiciously she appointed Brain. I also thought it was crucial that none of the five get the book till after the war but she clearly didn't wait on Brain. So essentially, Ava decided Ephemer would make a good Union leader and decided to replace who she considered the weakest link (Strelitzia) with him. Of course Ephemer would have no way of knowing this to be true making the new union leaders all innocent.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I believe that Ventus is the fake Union leader but Brain is the character that eliminated Strelitzia. Here's my theory behind it all.

Brain got rid of Strelizia because she was going to recruit Player into the Dandelions despite the player not being a Dandelion. This would have revealed the secret of the Dandelion group to a non-Dandelion member so Brain did what he thought was logical (get it) so he removed Strelitzia.

Problem is, once Brain killed of Strelitzia, he saw that she had a copy of the Book of Prophecies. He killed off a fellow Dandelion Union Leader without realising until it was too late. You have to remember that none of the Dandelion Union Leaders was aware of who was part of the team before they met in The Keyblade Graveyard.

So, these new leaders are expected to meet after the Keyblade War. But there's a member missing? So what does Brain do? he does the very thing that he was against, recruit a non-Dandelion member to survive beyond the Keyblade War. And it just so happens that person is Ventus. Ventus gets to survive beyond the Keyblade War and make new friends, why wouldn't he take the offer? You have to wonder why Ventus is not as familiar with Master Ava's mannerisms as the other leaders and is timid with leadership tasks.

And to add insult to injury, Player survived beyond The Keyblade War because of Ephemer and Skuld. So Brain could have saved his skin if he wasn't eavesdropping on Strelitzia. But it's not entirely his fault because, in his eyes, all the Keyblade Wielders that were not going to survive beyond the Keyblade War were going to die in battle anyway. Why should Strelitzia give someone special treatment?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

At this point, I would say that it was all but confirmed.
Brain isn't supposed to be there, but was placed there by Ava.
That's motive enough to say she killed Stelitzia.

But I also like the idea of Ven being a plant to counteract Ava's meddling.

Back