• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About time travel... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
Has anyone noticed that time tavel in Kingdom Hearts 3 is kind of similar to the time turner time travel (I don't know what else to call it.) from Prisoner of Azkaban? the way Sora time travels at the end of KH3 is kind of similar to the way Harry and Hermione do it in Prisoner of Azkaban,(of course, Harry and Hermione were just fine afterwards), what are your thoughts?

Last edited:

okhi12

Awards
In Prisoner of Azkaban it was a closed time loop in which events happened the exact same way but we saw it from a different perspective the second time.

In KH3 the first time Sora used time travel in the Keyblade Graveyard it wasn't a time loop at all, at first there was a different outcome and then Sora changed the past when he used the power of waking to save his friends. But if you mean in ReMind when he used the power of waking again to save Kairi then you're right, it was a closed loop seen from different perspectives.

vaderskywalker

Awards
if you mean in ReMind when he used the power of waking again to save Kairi then you're right, it was a closed loop seen from different perspectives.
That's what I meant, sorry for the confusion, really should have clarified that it was remind, the DLC and the game itself have kind of blended together for me, so I didn't think to distinguish the two, sorry about that.

LastDemiDevil

Awards
It always surprised me that harry potter of all things has one of the best time travel mechanics (outside of how horribly it ruins the story because the ease of use of time turners and the fact students were even given them just to attend class).

Time travel mechanics are at their best when the scenario is, the time travel has already happened before the characters have been shown to go back in time. Sure, it means two versions of a person exist at the same time, but it makes events that changed the course of history make a lot more sense. If you traveled back in time you should theoretically have already done it and therefore exist at the same time as your past self. I dislike most other explanations of time travel.

Back