• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Acne

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

plasmos

KHI Site Developer
Staff member
Awards
I honestly try washing my face but no matter how many times that I wash it. I can never see any differences. I am looking for a job and I also have a hard time avoiding picking at my pimples. It leads to them turning into scabs, which I have a few of now. I am considering foundation since I want to look presentable when applying for jobs. Is there any foundation that can conceal my noticeable pimples/scabs and clear them up?

So you stop washing your face because you didn't see a noticeable change? lol not smart dear. You need to post a seflie so we can see your skin, are you white, black, latino, ethnic, etc. You need a skin peel, but if you must, go to a clinique counter at a macy's store, they have very good coverage for skin and concealer. I work for MAC Cosmetics, but I know damn well your face will be chewed if you use our products lol.

redcrown

Awards
I honestly try washing my face but no matter how many times that I wash it. I can never see any differences. I am looking for a job and I also have a hard time avoiding picking at my pimples. It leads to them turning into scabs, which I have a few of now. I am considering foundation since I want to look presentable when applying for jobs. Is there any foundation that can conceal my noticeable pimples/scabs and clear them up?

Tbh for bigger skin issues and concerns like yours I wouldn't consult people here, and do not post a selfie so plasmos can make fun of you. I'd suggest you go to a site called SkinCareAddiction. It's a subreddit forum for people with skin issues to get advice on their specific problems that others have gone through. They'll tell you what regime to start and what products to use based on what your skin needs.

Trust me don't rely on people here for legitimate help, they either wouldn't know or would give you the wrong advice.

Kagayaki

Awards
Forgive me for reviving this sleeping thread, but...

I found out that the Rice Water Bright facial cleansing foam by The Face Shop works better than any other facial cleanser I had. I'm not kidding. It doesn't dry out my skin like the Alba Botanicals one did, and it has no phenoxyethanol (however you spell it). Parabens are actually fine as they are found in raspberries and cucumbers. That other stuff is much worse. But anyway, the rice water cleanser is really gentle and nourishing, which are important for me. I use little silicone scrubber things to help unclog my pores. It looks like some blackheads want to come out, though, but I'll have to try harder, maybe remember to exfoliate with coffee scrub more often.

Also, I just learned how important pH balance really is. If your cleanser or other products are too alkaline, then your face will just dry out and become oily later. Many foamy cleansers or cleansers that are meant for oily skin are alkaline. Usually oily skin is too acidic and dry skin is too alkaline, so it makes sense. But some cleansers are just so alkaline that you might as well be washing your face with Irish Spring. But finding the perfect cleanser is a crapshoot, so what works for me will probably not work for you. I still don't have a dermatologist and I still don't know what the pH of my skin is. I just know what feels good and what doesn't.

I'm going to also try a Korean skin care regimine. Don't worry, I'll try to get affordable products. Usually Etude House and Innisfree are affordable. And you don't have to use all Korean products, there are some good American cleansers, moisturizers, and serums on the market.

(I think I'm starting to show signs of aging. D: But my skin is too oily for wrinkle cream.)

Sally-boiii

Awards
IDK if this going to give any amount of extensive help to anyone, but when I was going through puberty (when I was a young lad!!! <scraggly old man voice>) I stopped eating fast food, candy, and stopped drinking soda altogether. And that helped practically entirely clear up my acne altogether. (the crappy part is I can't drink it, or eat the stuff often for the same reason) So it may not necessarily be a question of what procedure or products you are going/not going through or using/not using, rather it may be what you are putting into the body that a driving factor.

Just a suggestion. Hope this helps.

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
My cousin has/had severe cystic acne and she literally has tried everything. I have noticed her face looking significantly better and I asked her what she uses. She told me the only thing that has been keeping her face from breaking out on that level is X Out, that more expensive wash by Proactiv that one can purchase at Ulta. She does have a strict diet (no dairy, no fats, no grease) but it's not for her acne and honestly, her diet is not what made the difference.

Not changing my pillow case often also brings me even more acne and when I actually took the time to change it every three days, My forehead was absolutely flawless and I had two pimples on my cheeks. Invest in a few satin pillows.I also used my mother's prescribed acne medication called Clindamycin and oh my goodness, my cystic acne disappeared. It's back now because I'm broke, but maybe give that a try. Oh, and for the love of everything CLEAN/DISINFECT YOUR MAKEUP PALETTES. buy 70% isopropyl alcohol, put it in a tiny spray bottle, spray your palettes after every use.

I'm pretty sure I have endometriosis by now and I do take B.C. so I have hormonal acne and so far, Neutrogena's stress control scrub, Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask, Thayers Rose Witch Hazel, HairSkin&Nails vitamins, and apple cider vinegar pills and sprays are helping enough that I can hide it with makeup. Also, ordered something called Nature's Cure.

Hope some of this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back