• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Adding a Usergroup Bar on the bottom of the forum.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llave de Espada

Well, since there's no defining section dedicated solely on suggestions, I suppose this area will suffice for now.

It is evident that the usergroups are in a wild array of hues and the likes, but there is no place defining them specifically, save the sub-genre "I noticed the… plethora, of username colors. What do they mean?" within the Rules. Now, I knew where to look, because I am far accustomed to forums. (My apologies for not being active upon this one sirs and madams.) But for convenience sake, it may prove better to have something like that, given you approve thereof.

Meh, what else is there to say other than I'm back... again. I am most certain no one knows of me, unless you frequent a few other forums I have been on. But I regress.

I hope this is taken into some consideration at the very least...

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
We do have a forum leaders page that explains some of the rare colors but I can see your concern with this. It certainly wouldn't hurt to add a short description of the three different member classes/colors in the footer. I'll see what I can do about this.

Thanks for the feedback!

Llave de Espada

We do have a forum leaders page that explains some of the rare colors but I can see your concern with this. It certainly wouldn't hurt to add a short description of the three different member classes/colors in the footer. I'll see what I can do about this.

Thanks for the feedback!

Aye sir, I did see that as well, and I think unfortunately that proves even more confusing to members who are not accustomed to the site or whatnot, given there are Sectional Moderators and KHI Staff mixed together, Admins who are put into other usergroups as secondary permissions et cetera.

You're welcome, I am rather surprised to say the least that no one suggested this before.

Muse

you look atrocious
I feel like we had something like that once. I'm pretty sure all the mods were on the bottom of the forum as well.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
we used to have something like this but i'm not sure how i'd go about re-implementing it (i'm assuming it would have something to do with skins, which is more Apple Jaxx's turf).

Llave de Espada

we used to have something like this but i'm not sure how i'd go about re-implementing it (i'm assuming it would have something to do with skins, which is more Apple Jaxx's turf).

I think you go to general settings or some such in the Admin CP, then to the Usergroup Bar near the bottom of the scrolling options. Each usergroup has an I.D. number in which you need to check in the usergroup tab. (i.e. Admin is 1, Super Mods are 2. etc.) then in the usergroup bar you add each number representing the usergroup thereof. Preferably by rank from Admin to Banned. Or however you so desire.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I think you go to general settings or some such in the Admin CP, then to the Usergroup Bar near the bottom of the scrolling options. Each usergroup has an I.D. number in which you need to check in the usergroup tab. (i.e. Admin is 1, Super Mods are 2. etc.) then in the usergroup bar you add each number representing the usergroup thereof. Preferably by rank from Admin to Banned. Or however you so desire.

oddly enough i just checked and the usergroup bar is turned on.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
That would be because I just edited it and turned it on.

idk how long it's supposed to take to update the forums but yeah.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
That would be because I just edited it and turned it on.

idk how long it's supposed to take to update the forums but yeah.

It should be automatic xD

edit:

A suggestion:

turned it on
sounds like a forum mod, ugh. I wouldn't deal with it simply because it's not very dynamic if your XHTML/CSS isn't optimized.

I'd just make a quick edit to the FORUMHOME template [no need for your public directory :cool:] perhaps placing it between the last section forum and "What's Going On? statics.

Admin | Super Moderator | Section Moderator | KHinsider Staff | FFN Staff| Platinum | Premium | Member

You can edit, make abbreviations if it looks ugly on 2 lines instead of one.

Last edited:

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
idk I messed around with it trying to see if I could get it working. If it's a mod, it could be that it just isn't working with the version of vBulletin we have atm.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
If it's a mod, it could be that it just isn't working with the version of vBulletin we have atm.

Well it depends what style you're turning it on for. If the mod was for 3.x.x forums then it would most likely only work for that version.

The reason why I suggest using plain text is because it will show up on both 4.x.x and 3.x.x styles.

Edit:

Here's my ugly HTML skills:
Code:
<!--color name meanings-->
<hr color="#14140C" size="1" />
<span style="color: #004499; font-weight: bold;">Admin</span> | 
<span style="color: #6633aa; font-weight: bold;">Super Moderators</span> |
<span style="color: #ff4477; font-weight: bold;">Section Moderators</span> |
<span style="color: #ff9955; font-weight: bold;">KHinsider Staff</span> |
<span style="color: #007ba7; font-weight: bold;">FFN Staff</span> | 
<span style="color: #aaaaaa; font-weight: bold;">Platinum</span> | 
<span style="color: #brown; font-weight: bold;">Premium</span> |
<span style="color: #xxxxxx; font-weight: bold;"> Member</span>
=

Admin | Super Moderator | Section Moderator | KHinsider Staff | FFN Staff | Platinum | Premium | Member

Last edited:

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
It's definitely outdated. I just managed the Plugins and there's no way it'll work.

Plain text is probs better gimme a bit.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Alright, it's done! I don't know if it was ever meant to go away, honestly, but the usergroup legend is back!

Thanks for the suggestion, guys. If there's anything else you guys would like to see, don't hesitate to let me or another Administrator know in this thread.

Thanks again. <3

D

Deleted member 36435

There should be some sort of indication to inform that what they're seeing is a legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back