• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Admit It

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

12kez90

When they saw trailer, even for a split second, who else thought YX was Riku?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Whaaaaa-?
The Outfit is not Riku's, the hair isn't his hair, and the voice is completely different.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Nope because of last years trailer. As soon as I heard the voice I knew right away it was Ben Diskin(been playing DDD all week).

DoctahFaz

Awards
No, I knew it was Xehanort. However, looks like IGN thought it was Riku based on the article another member screenshot earlier.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I knew it was YoungXehanort from the start. Riku's hair doesn't point up like Xehanort's does.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
No, I knew it was Xehanort. However, looks like IGN thought it was Riku based on the article another member screenshot earlier.

Don't bother with them if you're interested in KH. They don't know anything about this series as evident with their controversial opinions and coverage.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

That was just IGN being the usual ignorant dumbasses who didn't pay attention to anything other than KH 1 and 2.

Anyone who has followed the series outside just the numbered PS2 titles can deduce pretty fast that this is Xehanort.
The voice also gives it away immediately.

12kez90

Honestly it was the silver hair that threw me off. Maybe I was too hyped that it caused me to mix the two up.

DoctahFaz

Awards
Don't bother with them if you're interested in KH. They don't know anything about this series as evident with their controversial opinions and coverage.

That was just IGN being the usual ignorant dumbasses who didn't pay attention to anything other than KH 1 and 2.

Anyone who has followed the series outside just the numbered PS2 titles can deduce pretty fast that this is Xehanort.
The voice also gives it away immediately.

Haha, yeah I definitely have noticed that. IGN is good for some games/topics, but you can definitely tell when they're apathetically covering something solely because of obligation.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I've noticed RPGamer hasn't posted anything about this yet but maybe the folks that are there need to get out of the conference/get home from work. I'm sorely tempted to pass them the news on their news email. Seriously. ^^

Be patient tho, they usually do good on this kinda thing; one of the main staffers is a KH fan anyway (Paws). So there's gonna be no half assing this, I hope the delay just means they're trying to get it right.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

They also claimed to have seen Agrabah with the "walled city" in the trailer. Were they referring to Twilight Town? I seriously have no idea what other "walled city" they saw that could have remotely been Agrabah to them.

Either way, I think for most of us who saw the concept art of MX and Eraqus awhile ago in that video discussing the keyblade war, we were all pretty much prepared to see them again, especially considering that was said to be the opening sequence for KH3. So from that perspective, most of us already knew who they were. For anyone who didn't see that though, I can easily see why you'd mistake them :)

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
This situation reminds of the Greninja reveal trailer. Everyone who thought it was Mewtwo didn't play XY or knew who Greninja was. The silhouette was obviously charging a water attack but people kept thinking it was Mewtwo. Similarly even when we got to hear his voice clearly people still thought it was Riku because that was the only person they knew fitted the part, despite the inconsistent behavior and tone.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
He said "Have you heard of the ancient Keyblade War?" right out of the gate, which was the little teaser given to us back in 2014, so I immediately realized it was a full rendered version of that scene and that YX was speaking.

BEASTENDER

You definitely aren't the only one who has made that mistake. I've seen many others online. You have to remember, the people on this site are more or less the core fans of the series. They are heavily invested in the lore, and keep up to date with cutscenes, interviews, etc. To a more average fan who doesn't remember every detail, these things aren't as obvious right away. To people like me, it was easy to recognize the situation before we even saw them (The Kh2.5 teaser helped); and Eraqus was a give away. But many people play the games once and forget a lot of the story elements and even character names.

So, don't feel bad or like you're the only one lol A lot of people mistook him for Riku, and I mean a lot. So much so, that some people still think that's just the KH3 version of Riku.

Zul

Awards
It was very obvious that was YMX.

He looks awful though, he looks like he's 10 years old, I don't like his hair either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back