• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

After Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: After kingdom Hearts 3

Nomura has gone on record multiple times to say that KH3 is not the end of the series but merely the end of the Xehanort Saga.

Stuff like that can change, either due to Nomura's interests and workload, what projects BD3 wants to work on after KH3, or if SE and Disney want more Kingdom Hearts...

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Re: After kingdom Hearts 3

I wouldn't be surprised if Nomura wants to take a break after KH3 and hand the franchise to another director for whatever comes afterwards

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I doubt that there'll be more after 3 for some reason. I at least doubt that there will be another game as big as KH3.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
I think at the very least we'll get one, maybe two sequels. Will they be on a mainstream system? Dunno. Will Nomura direct them or will he hand the project off to someone else? Dunno. But I would like to point out that Kingdom Hearts is almost like his baby, so he might feel some sort of sentiment towards it, and either he'll continue the main series, or hand it off to someone he feels is competent enough (like he has done with the stand-alones) to continue the series.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Whoops, my bad. I could've sworn though I saw some different names in the director section some of the Kingdom Hearts games on IMDB.

But either way, the scenarios still stand.

He's had co-directors on many of the games, yes, but no game has ever been made without him being in control of the final decision along the way.

358/2 Days = Tomohiro Hasegawa
Coded = Hajime Tabata
Birth By Sleep = Tai Yasue
Re:coded = Jun Kato & Hiroyuki Itou
1.5 & 2.5 = Tai Yasue
KH3D = Tai Yasue
X[chi] = Tatsuya Kando
Unchained X = Hiroyuki Itou
KH3 = Tai Yasue

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I'd like Kingdom Hearts to become a series with a lot of different games and styles, like Mario and Pokemon and Zelda, where the games don't all have to be connected in plot but still share common things.

h.e.hassanein

I really, really hope Nomura reconsiders keeping Sora as the main character. If there are multiple sags to come, KH has an extensive cast, can't different sagas be led by different groups? The recompleted Org. XIII would be so interesting. TAV could finally spend more than 3 cutscenes together. Let Roxas, Namine and Xion have their own stories (and let them be the trio that finally breaks the goddamn boy-boy-girl trio thing!!!!)

Like as much as I find Unchained boring, I really enjoy how it feels like a real spinoff. There are some common characters, but the game is so different from the rest of the series that it's refreshing. Years to come of SDG? :rolleyes:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I would like the game to have a connected plot. I would just like the next plot they come up with to be better than the Xehanort stuff. I don't mind one-off games with different playable characters, but Days and BbS have not convinced me that characters other than Sora would be strong enough to drive a whole saga.

ALittleNerd

I wouldn't mind keeping Sora around as long as he gets a little more development in 3. They might try to kill him off early on in the new saga though, kind of a feeling I've got.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I find that the whole X and the story behind the Keyblade Masters from long ago opened up the floor for greater possibilities for the series. I don't know how everyone else feels but seeing a story take place so long ago really broadens the scope of the universe in my opinion. So a villain like Xehanort ends up being pretty minuscule in the grand theme of things. There are probably things far darker than him and hell of a lot sinister. Or there are people with even better intentions who may just feel they will do whatever it takes to achieve something causing problems for people who want to do good and stand in their way. I used to think this universe revolved around so little but when you really think about it, the last couple installments kicked down the door for possibilities. All that's needed is the staff willing to take on that sort of project and of course the budget to support it but I highly doubt either would be an issue.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
It all depends on what happens with Kingdom Hearts 3. And I think it'll do fine. In fact, I'm willing to bet it'll be the best selling game in the series considering the amount of hype for it (10+ years of it) from everyone. Despite the hype and this franchise in general having lost a bit of steam considering the series went to portable with a bunch of stories with confusing names not ending with 3, even people who haven't played a Kingdom Hearts game in years are going to buy this game. Despite a confusing story for most casuals, the game will still survive on nostalgia alone being a sequel of two games that almost every gamer played or heard of during their childhood being brought back into the next generation combined with new gameplay mechanics and it would be a game every Disney fan would want to own anyway.

So I'm 90% confident in KH3 doing extremely well and Disney wanting this series to continue on after, with or without Nomrua. The only way I see this series not continuing is if this game suffers from bad reception from fans and casuals (which could happen) or it just doesn't do well or meet expectations financially (which I don't see happening, at least in a very significant, damaging number). But if it does well or even better then expectations, if the reviews and general reception is good, then Disney and Square together will, hopefully, expand the franchise more. Which is something I think this series definitely needs... more attention and relevance for the casual and not just surviving on a hardcore fanbase alone. So that hopefully we can get more stories and games and expand the mythology, maybe even beyond Sora's story... which I would still hope will continue being the main story because I feel like we haven't done enough with Sora (despite him being a important plot element in almost every KH game so far) just yet considering that he's still technically 15/16 and could continue being the protagonist for as long as he continue being the same Sora we know lol But I would like other stories focusing on different characters that still connect to the main story while still being it's own separate thing. Kingdom Hearts: Unchained X has that perfect balance we could transfer to other spin-offs, something I think the other spin-offs didn't do well considering it didn't mesh with everyone despite it having its own fans.

Last edited:

KHJEDIKNIGHT

Awards
I wouldn't be surprised if Nomura passed the torch on to Tai Yasue to direct the series after KHIII. Yasue has had a huge hand in the series since BbS, and seems to be second-in-command to Nomura at this point.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm not sure I would want this to happen. Don't really have a reason

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Yeah... as flawed as this series is (and it is), I do still think that Nomura's a genius and I really only trust this franchise in his hands.

Maybe if Yasue became director and Nomura still supervised everything I'd be okay with it? But IDK.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I feel like Nomura deserves a new saga without all the fuzz and confusion and the players getting angry about "waiting" for a game for more than ten years.
Of course, if KH3 turned out to be a maaaaaaaaaaaaaaassive success I'd understand why he'd retire on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back