• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► After Me {Happy Birthday C_U}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Yeah, we're kinda the regulars of this forum section, huh? xD

ANSEM MUST DIE! AGAIN!

There are going to be SO many Axel/Roxas fics on ff.net ... and even some Roxas/Hayner ones too. *shivers*

Axel ... is so awesome. *-* I even feel sorry for him....

I'm currently in Beast's Castle.

Everything is so confusing....

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Darn, Kat. Can't you do anything for yourself?

>_< HOW DID YOU LOSE THAT?!

>_<

Whatever. I gotta go help Kat with something. For bein' dumb.

UDPART, GOH! MSN IS FREAKING OUT! ;-;-;

EDIT: :3 Sorry, Kat. We solved teh problem.

>3

Last edited:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
I dun care.

It might SEEM like she's not there. To the nekkid eye.

>.>;

<.<;

UDPART, GOH! >.<;

GuardianOfHearts

Darkrooms and safelights
Sitting inside the viewfinder of a camera, watchin
Alright, here's a short, light-hearted chap with some deep romance in it. You better enjoy it Gerard. Sorry for the wait. v.v;

At least it's a challenge. I need those.

GIRLS CAST:

The part of Hopeful Romantic Rikku being played by Rikku
The part of Cynical Reality Check Kyuuri being played by Thelonepickle
The part of Airship Piloteer Kat being played by Katattack
The part of Versatile Mediator Amme being played by GuardianOfHearts
The part of Sugarless Sugar High Myra being played by kaze_krazy
The part of Sporadically Stable Soreah being played by Winged Mirage

BOYS CAST:

The part of Hopeless Romantic Gerard being played by Cloud_Unchained
The part of Perverted Wishful Thinker Silver being played by Sterling_Silver
The part of Cluelessly on Track being played by Ketso
The part of Stuck in the Closet being played by Sora
The part of Homicidal in the Corner being played by Kanynt
The part of Other End of the Spectrum being played by Rath

Act IV: Churning minds and yearning hearts

Rikku sat on the edge of her new bed, legs swinging off the sides of the wooden frame as she expertly screwed a tiny bolt into her half-finished machina. Her now empty suitcase was tucked beneath the bed, the contents of which had been haphazardly put away into the wardrobe on the right side of the bed. The identical one on the left contained Amme’s belongings, the owner of which was laying down on the bed above Rikku’s with a schedule in hand.

Yes, it was true; she and her roommates had been able to settle into their dorms without stabbing Ms. Wexington, though Kyuuri had come close when the former had mentioned what a good idea it was for the latter to have taken a lower bunk bed. The subject that had gone under discussion had not been a safe one.

"Hey, Rikku? Rikku."

"Wha?" The Al Bhed started out of her reverie and looked up at the redhead who was leaning over the side of her top bunk.

"I was just wondering what you’re daydreaming about."

"What makes you think I’m daydreaming?" she asked lightly.

In response, Amme pointed down to the machina in her roommate’s hand.

"Maybe it’s because you’ve been screwing that bolt in the wrong direction for at least five minutes."

Rikku glanced down guiltily, shifting her screwdriver away from the aforementioned bolt to see that she had in fact failed to notice her lack of progress. A soft blush flamed upon the Al Bhed’s tanned cheeks, and she hastily busied herself with finishing her task and setting the tools away.

"I guess I’ve got a lot on my mind, ya know?" she remarked, trying to sound nonchalant. Inside, her mid was buzzing. How couldanything be nonchalant when she kept seeing his smile before her eyes?

"Uh-huh," Amme said vaguely, turning back to her silent contemplation of the ceiling.

Across the room, Kat was tacking blueprints onto the wall above her top bunk, which on closer inspection proved to be those of an airship.

"That’s a new one Kat," Soreah remarked from the top bunk between Amme and Myra’s, where she was sitting cross-legged in the middle of several notebooks and crumpled up pieces of paper.

"It’s of my future masterpiece!" Kat exclaimed proudly. "Pocky!"

Amme turned over to look at the draft in bemusement. "...Pocky?"

The brown-haired girl rolled her eyes at her roommate’s ignorance and gestured broadly.

"Pocky. Short for the awesomeness of Apocalypse."

"Alrighty then. How are you going to build it?"

"Well, first I start out with ma–"

"GEEZ Kat, are you done yet?" Kyuuri irritably exclaimed from the bottom bunk.

"I just started!"

"Who said I wanted you to finish?"

"Fine, see if I take you on Pocky when it’s done."

"Not so fast, Katerino. Who else is going to man the guns and other weapons of mass destruction?"

"What does Pocky need weapons of mass destruction for?"

"To explode stuff with, duh!"

"What are you exploding?" Myra suddenly cut in from the top bunk diagonally across, where she was curled up with several plushies.

"I dunno. Annoying things. Like chocobos. Or daytime sphere actors."

"Put Ms. Wexington on your list and I’ll gladly help," Amme said.

"Not before Yuna!"

"Amen."

Rikku might have perhaps spoken up in her cousin’s defense, had she had not been oblivious once more. She stared up into the shadows of her bunk’s rafters, forming the darkness into black hair and a wide grin, a smile that seemed to be made just for her.

She silently moved her lips over the name that went along with the face, mentally berating herself each time but never stopping.

Despite herself, she soon fell asleep with the thought of being held in those arms.

<->+<->

In a dim hall not so far away, the boys were doing the same thing their female "guests" were: quietly defying their teachers by staying up past curfew and talking.

Everyone knows it’s a school tradition. Curfews are just ASKING to be broken.

And Gerard was breaking it in the form of verbal exuberance; he was currently regaling
his roommates with a detailed description of his meeting with Rikku.

"I would sacrifice my music machina for another look into her beautiful emerald eyes!" he gushed, trying to draw a picture of her on a borrowed pad of paper. A+ for effort. He was certainly trying very hard.

"Shweet. So you wouldn’t mind if I took it, then?" Silver said brightly, reaching for the said machina. But Gerard quickly snatched it up and bestowed it in a mini-safe, next to a napkin that he claimed was used by Rikku.

"Never come between an emo and his music, Silver," Rath advised him solemnly from two bunks away, where he was looking at the new schedule with obvious annoyance in his dark green eyes. Below him, Kanynt was much the same, only after his first glance at his teachers and classes he had thrown the sheet down and resumed glaring at Ketso, who was staring out into space.

"Yeah, I know," Silver said, sighing as he picked Hoomhaha up from his spot under the pillow. "But it was worth a shot." he glanced at the safe at the foot of Gerard’s bed with thief-like interest.

"Who else got Haynerd for Machina I?" Rath asked suddenly.

"I did!" Gerard exclaimed joyfully.

"WHY are you happy about that? The guy’s a fruit."

"Because I heard that he was going to teach the girl students taking machina. And that means Rikku will be there! And I will be there! Which means Rikku and I will be there! TOGETHER AS ONE WHILE REALLY TWO!"

"Well, now we know why you passed Math class."

"Hey Ketso, what are doing?" Sora asked, peering up at his top-bunk-mate. Ketso was considered the bravest in the dorm for actually sharing a bunk with Sora- in truth, he had tripped on his way to the room and gotten there last, thus having to take the last available bed space.

Yet he handled it so well. Moment of silence.

That took too long.

Ketso looked up from the pen and paper in his hand, slightly startled, and blushed, turning around. "It’s nothing Sora."

"Wait, we didn’t have homework over the break, did we?" he asked nervously, the obvious implication in Ketso’s last comment being completely missed by the naive teen.

"It’s not homework!" Go to bed."

"So what is it?"

"SORA!"

"Please?"

"Fine! I’m trying ... to write a letter!" Ketso blurted, scowling.

"Who is it for? Can I see–"

"NO! It’s not for you."

"Just tell me!"

"I met someone today," Ketso said evasively. "I don’t know if I have classes with her but I ... wanna see her again so–"

"You’re writing to a girl!"

"FINE! YES I AM, AND NOT THE KIND OF GIRL WHO IS CURRENTLY SLEEPING WITH A SOCK PUPPET UNDER MY BED!"

The dorm’s occupants smothered their bouts of laughter so as to not attract attention from any teachers but nonetheless enjoyed the accuracy of the comment.

All except for Gerard, who lay in his bed with a paper full of failed scribbles and a heart full of happiness, imagining with closed eyes the feel of a petite form in his arms.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
XD

I shud be readin' yer fics, my ferretty friend.

*makes ferrety a word* >.>; Kat, go get mah ice cream.

And I demand an udpart, GoH! >=D

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
XD

Funny update GoH. Unfortunately my history paper took longer than I expected and I wanted to be fully dedicated to it so I decided to disconnect all internet access. Sorta.

More?

:3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back