• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aging in KH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
Why is it that Eraqus, Yen Sid and Xehanort can age but not Terra, Ven (Especially) and Aqua?

Attachments

• 09C89E8B-6C39-4D95-AA09-A9D2DD4CDD99.jpeg
    09C89E8B-6C39-4D95-AA09-A9D2DD4CDD99.jpeg
    47 KB · Views: 4

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If you are referring to that flashback in BBS which Xehanort bring Ventus to LoD I think it's because Nomura didn't want to use younger models for the three of them for some reason.

Soldier

Awards
The real answer is that Eraqus, Xehanort and Yen Sid took a leak in the fountain of youth, granting near immortality. However, all of them were already old at the point that they used it, so there wasn't much change.

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
There is still no answer to this and is redundant especially since keybladers cannot only transform their key blades to vehicles (bbs) but they can travel through time? So there’s no reason to make Xehanort old then!

Attachments

• CD344660-8571-4C75-9E92-B0E4A3C09337.png
    CD344660-8571-4C75-9E92-B0E4A3C09337.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 0

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So, if you mean why TAV didn't age in the ten year gap, there are answers to this.

Ven's heart was dormant inside of Sora's so his body couldn't grow. A body can only grow when the heart is present and awake.

Aqua was in the Realm of Darkness where time does not move like it does in the Realm of Light. Ten years passed but she was not experiencing ten years physically. She could tell a lot of time had passed but not how much time.

Terra's situation is a little complex but easy to follow. His body via Xemnas aged but, what came back when Xemnas and Ansem SoD were defeated was Master Xehanort. Terra's heart was still trapped as the Guardian, so when they time traveled Terra-Xehanort from the past, Terra was able to get back his old body at the age it was when he had first lost it.

Ta-da...

There is still no answer to this and is redundant especially since keybladers cannot only transform their key blades to vehicles (bbs) but they can travel through time? So there’s no reason to make Xehanort old then!

Time travel is complicated. It requires the person to have abandoned their body and to have a version of themselves waiting at the destination in which they wish to travel, or through unconventional means like a door (Merlin) or having somebody do the time travel for you (Yen Sid sending Sora and Riku to the past in KH3D to find the entrance into the Realm of Sleep)

I suppose TAV could time travel now if they wanted to since they fulfill the requirements...

Anyways, I've answered your question above.

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
So, if you mean why TAV didn't age in the ten year gap, there are answers to this.

Ven's heart was dormant inside of Sora's so his body couldn't grow. A body can only grow when the heart is present and awake.

Aqua was in the Realm of Darkness where time does not move like it does in the Realm of Light. Ten years passed but she was not experiencing ten years physically. She could tell a lot of time had passed but not how much time.

Terra's situation is a little complex but easy to follow. His body via Xemnas aged but, what came back when Xemnas and Ansem SoD were defeated was Master Xehanort. Terra's heart was still trapped as the Guardian, so when they time traveled Terra-Xehanort from the past, Terra was able to get back his old body at the age it was when he had first lost it.

Ta-da...

Time travel is complicated. It requires the person to have abandoned their body and to have a version of themselves waiting at the destination in which they wish to travel, or through unconventional means like a door (Merlin) or having somebody do the time travel for you (Yen Sid sending Sora and Riku to the past in KH3D to find the entrance into the Realm of Sleep)

I suppose TAV could time travel now if they wanted to since they fulfill the requirements...

Anyways, I've answered your question above.
That is the best answer I’ve heard all day thank you 🙏

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wasn't Ven's heart with him in the chamber of sleep?

Only during the very few first minutes when Aqua placed him there.
After that when four year-old Sora felt the pain of Ven's heart through their close bond (in the scene with young Riku at Destiny Islands where Sora cries and doesn't know why) he reaches out and Ven's injured heart leaves his body and traces their connection towards Sora where they meet inside Sora's heart.

It is one of the last scenes in BBS when young Sora on his own heart station welcomes Ven's injured heart and agrees to shelter him so he can heal:

Ven's heart is within Sora's since he was four years old, awakened during Dream Drop Distance because his injuries are healed by then and gets back into its own body only during KH III.

Ven being with Sora all this time is also the reason why Roxas looks like his twin brother. When Roxas was born from Sora Ven's sleeping heart affected Roxas' appearance.

Mexican Sora

Awards

Ta-da...

No, that's not right. In re: mind MX specifically said that Terra's heart returned to his body but was still lost to the shadow so he just simply put another piece of his heart inside his body to assume control again. The Terranort we see in KH3 is present day. Though this doesn't explain why Terra didn't seem aged I'm just going to assume his body took the form of his lost heart when it returned to him.

Then that doesn't even address Xemnas' new heart in the whole situation unless it was destroyed or it just simply assimilated with Terra's.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
No, that's not right. In re: mind MX specifically said that Terra's heart returned to his body but was still lost to the shadow so he just simply put another piece of his heart inside his body to assume control again. The Terranort we see in KH3 is present day. Though this doesn't explain why Terra didn't seem aged I'm just going to assume his body took the form of his lost heart when it returned to him.

Then that doesn't even address Xemnas' new heart in the whole situation unless it was destroyed or it just simply assimilated with Terra's.

I can't even remember Re:mind that was like a whole lifetime ago in the Before times. TY for the info.

I hate Re:mind's explanation for Terra because of the reasons you mentioned so I'm electing to ignore it because Nomura probably BS'd an answer...just like he randomly added the "Reclaim our X" plot to RAX that needed to not exist...and Vanitas...Re:mind is a god damn mess. It falls apart like KH3D does when you poke at it for too long...

D

Deleted member 252753

I am sorry to make things even more confusing but I noticed in Nomura's Ultimania interview he says that it is Terra's original body but inhabited by the heart of Terranort from the past.
Nomura: By all rights, Terra should have been revived as himself at that point in time. However, his heart was still in the clutches of Xehanort, and it was unable to go back, and the shell of his body was the only thing that revived. Then, Xehanort brought the heart of Terranort from the past and put it in that shell of a body he once controlled.
And I guess this is what MX meant in Re Mind when he said that Terra's body would be filled with 'the very same heart' that had resided within him before.

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I am sorry to make things even more confusing but I noticed in Nomura's Ultimania interview he says that it is Terra's original body but inhabited by the heart of Terranort from the past.

And I guess this is what MX meant in Re Mind when he said that Terra's body would be filled with 'the very same heart' that had possessed him before.
Good catch. Honestly sometimes ReMind is confusing with it's writing choices.

In base KH3 Xigbar doesn't know who the 13th vessel will be in the Twilight Town cutscene. In ReMind he learns who it is after the events of DDD and before KH3 officially starts.

In base KH3 Vanitas want's to reunite with Ventus to be whole. In ReMind he doesn't want to go back to his home in Ventus.

In base KH3 Xehanort is painted as someone with misguided views. In ReMind he's back to just being a villain.

In base KH3 Xemnas has enough knowledge on Xion to know she knew Axel. In ReMind he admits to knowing nothing about her.

In base KH3 it was stated Kairi and Axel are rookie level Keyblade wielders in the journal. In ReMind Kairi is strong enough to break Xemnas's guard where other more powerful characters fail without a explanation.

These are just a few of the things I picked up on with ReMind. They don't ruin ReMind for me, but hopefully in the future they'll be a bit more consistent with their cutscenes so nitpickers like me won't find this many, lol.

As far as aging goes, I still don't know how Terra and Ventus retained their age. Ven should be a corpse and Terra should at least be Apprentice Xehanort age. I prefer his Terra model, but the man did age under a new persona. Just saying.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Wait til Kairi, Sora and Riku get older than Aqua, Terra and Ven.

How did they time-travel Terra's body? I thought you had to cast away your body in order to time-travel.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

In base KH3 Xemnas has enough knowledge on Xion to know she knew Axel. In ReMind he admits to knowing nothing about her.
That's the only one where I think there is an explanation. At the beginning of the battle shown in Re Mind, Xemnas has no memories of Xion, and Axel barely has any, but as the battle begins (and Saïx starts shouting 'Roxas, Axel!') we see the memories of Xion return to her and Axel and this would include Xemnas' memories too so that he actually remembers that Xion and Axel were friends during the battle. (I think that works with the chronology)

GreyouTT

Awards
That's the only one where I think there is an explanation. At the beginning of the battle shown in Re Mind, Xemnas has no memories of Xion, and Axel barely has any, but as the battle begins (and Saïx starts shouting 'Roxas, Axel!') we see the memories of Xion return to her and Axel and this would include Xemnas' memories too so that he actually remembers that Xion and Axel were friends during the battle. (I think that works with the chronology)
Yeah I think it'd work the same as how everyone remembered Sora at the same time.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I don't think Axel got the memories until he saw her face, since he still didn't know her but maybe Xemnas recovered his memories faster. See, that's why he's on her stained glass station.

Wait til Kairi, Sora and Riku get older than Aqua, Terra and Ven.

How did they time-travel Terra's body? I thought you had to cast away your body in order to time-travel.
Well Riku's already taller then Aqua and Ven, I wouldn't be shocked. Also when did Terra time travel? I don't recall him doing so.

Mexican Sora

Awards

And I guess this is what MX meant in Re Mind when he said that Terra's body would be filled with 'the very same heart' that had resided within him before.

If that's the case when did they retrieve Terranort? The only conceivable time they could is between his battle with the lingering Will and Aqua. Even then that means there were two Master Xehanorts in present time. I'm surprised Terranort wasn't the one in charge seeing he's technically the most powerful out of the new Organization.

D

Deleted member 252753

I meant Terranort? Whatever: the body Terra reclaims in the end.
From Re Mind, Terra's body was recompleted when Ansem and Xemnas were destroyed, but his heart was lost in shadow, leaving the body as effectively an empty shell which Xehanort fills with past Terranort's heart. And for some reason Terra's recompleted body hasn't aged since BBS. It's really quite simple :p

Back