• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Agni's Philosophy - WITCH CHAPTER 0 [cry] @ Build 2015

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Luminous Studio - Agni's Philosophy -- FINAL FANTASY REALTIME TECH DEMO

Luminous is the most gorgeous guh. just. guh. SE, i will never complain about anything ever again. Just make things. Like this.

αsiя

space coke

https://form.square-enix.com/a.p/933/

A quick survey on whether you liked the world and characters of the video. A chance that this will become a full fledged game in the future?

.Oji

赤いテキスト

isD8i1h2d4BqF.gif

Wow.

Edit: Does the old man kinda look like the cloaked man in Versus XIII, or is it just me?

Awards

It's so... and Wow... HNNGGG

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'd love for this to be a game. <3

isD8i1h2d4BqF.gif

Wow.

Edit: Does the old man kinda look like the cloaked man in Versus XIII, or is it just me?

Nope, not just you. I was staring at him like "...aren't you the unnamed white robe man?" xD

Coeurl

Demon Dance

What are the odds this will turn out to be Final Fantasy XV?

And sweet jesus that's beyond amazing.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

isD8i1h2d4BqF.gif

Wow.

I actually thought that too. xD

I feel like I've seen screenshots relating to this before. It was a desert like village near water.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

What are the odds this will turn out to be Final Fantasy XV?

I hope the odds are looking good because even without a fully fleshed out story, both the setting and characters were unique and I liked them all (especially Agnis and those dogs).

Awards

aww, kinda wanted to see the results of that survey...

Also, nice to see how a 'potion' actually works. XD

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I think the idea of a mage as the protagonist is very interesting. Just imagining the character casting Firaga and fighting along with her pet dragon in real time battle seems amazing.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

You guys are forgetting to note the other important phrase.

Tech Demo.

Remember when we were, for instance, blown away by how Uncharted 3 looked in official trailers, when playing the game the quality was nothing comparable? It'd be the same here for any tech presented. Also keep in mind that there's a big difference between a game's cutscene using the same engine as during real gameplay, and looking at actual gameplay.

Also, moved this to Square-Enix section because the only relationship it seems to have with Final Fantasy is in name only. More appropriate to just put it in S-E. If anything, it looks like they've just tacked on 'Final Fantasy' because it would get more people looking at it than just advertising it as 'Agni's Philosophy' by 'Luminous Studio.'

αsiя

space coke

You guys are forgetting to note the other important phrase.

Tech Demo.

Remember when we were, for instance, blown away by how Uncharted 3 looked in official trailers, when playing the game the quality was nothing comparable? It'd be the same here for any tech presented. Also keep in mind that there's a big difference between a game's cutscene using the same engine as during real gameplay, and looking at actual gameplay.

Uncharted 3's real-time cutscene looks almost if not exactly the same as it did gameplay wise. Now its pre-render scenes looked much better of course, however that isn't the case with the tech demo because in the title it says "real-time" and that means it's not pre-rendered or CGI. Unless Square can't differentiate between real-time and pre-rendered then the video above is real-time footage (in cutscene form of course) and the gameplay will look almost or exactly the same as the cutscene. This isn't something you can see being run on the 360 or PS3 so you can suspend your suspension of disbelief. But you also got a point, it's also a tech demo so clearly this isn't a final product and the final product may look even better; just like how the Final Fantasy VII tech demo from E3 2006 would probably look sub-par if Square decided to do an actual remake of the game right now.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
re: Agni's Philosophy

I gave it a really good rating and left comments praising the demo, so maybe something can come from it.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

Word, a tech-demo for a non-existent next gen console. Looks nice tbh

It's probably just them rendering shit on their engine, don't let 'tech-demo' get you twisted. Like the MGRising tech demo looked nice but it went nowhere. A tech demo is exactly that, a technical demonstration.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I gave them a perfect score in the survey lol. I'm not really expecting the graphics to be exactly that in gameplay since that would be a huge amount of work; yes I am aware that it's not confirmed to be a game but potentially it can be. If it's at least to par with Versus XIII's gameplay graphics, that's good enough for me.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards

Is it really that amazing, guys? Looked sweet at the beginning with the old, toothless man but I feel as it went on it got less impressive. Nothing to flap about, really.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

isD8i1h2d4BqF.gif

Wow.

It's so awesome, even awesome sunglasses fall before it!

In my feedback I praised it's realism, lighting, and scenery and said I would love to see this expanded on. I know this is just a tech demo but with the way Sony expanded on Beyond, it makes me think this has a good chance too.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards

αsiя;5848124 said:
Uncharted 3's real-time cutscene looks almost if not exactly the same as it did gameplay wise. Now its pre-render scenes looked much better of course, however that isn't the case with the tech demo because in the title it says "real-time" and that means it's not pre-rendered or CGI.
I can specifically recall a trailer or a scene that was officially released before the game where Chloe was talking to someone on a bus or train in a desert, and it was specifically touted as using the real time engine of the game (not even as a tech demo), and the trailer version of it was admittedly beautiful, everything was either sharp or smooth and you could even make out in good detail the surroundings outside the carriage. Then, yesterday on some thread on /v/ or /vg/ I saw side-by-side screenshots of that same scene comparing them, where the one taken by a person playing the game looked terrible next to it - smudged textures, pixel-jagged edges, the cabin itself even had sandy fog in it because I guess that was a cheap way of not having to render any other material outside of what was absolutely necessary. Unfortunately, by the very nature of such threads, that particular image has gone I-don't-know-where.

Unless Square can't differentiate between real-time and pre-rendered then the video above is real-time footage (in cutscene form of course) and the gameplay will look almost or exactly the same as the cutscene.
This has never been the case when dealing with very high-definition games. Custom animations, visual filters and all manner of tricks exist and are employed in cutscenes to render it more visually impressive than gameplay could ever be.

This isn't something you can see being run on the 360 or PS3 so you can suspend your suspension of disbelief.
Not really. It's clear that this isn't running on a console or even a PC that's in line with the commercial high-quality standard. There's been no steps or leaps forward that have come anywhere near this unless you're looking at an absolutely top-of-the-line PC that in addition would require more actual components than most computer cases fit. Think of one of those big 'gaming' PC cases with extra ram and all that other shit leaking out the edges. This may well be achievable on modern PCs, but if it's being done on some $15,000+ beast it's meaningless.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

That was just gorgeous. I have no words other than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back