• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ah acne....terrible curse.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnknownEnigma

So, how many people really do suffer from acne? Most of you should raise your hands, honesty and to make me feel better of course. Another question

What are some crazy theories youve heard that would help treat it? Strange since we're all different, but there are some ranging from not eating chocolate to eating less fatty foods. So, what have you heard?

Heres a recent one i read, and a friend told me about.
Strawberries For Beautifully Toned Acne-Free Skin

Nothing ventured nothing gained right...lol

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Haha. I occasionally will get a pimple or 2, but am fortunate to never get a breakout. Damn, that'd hinder my game with the ladies a lot.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
My acne's controllable, but I breakout whenever I get lazy. (like now for instance).

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I think they confirmed that what you eat really doesn't cause acne. But, eh.
I don't have it that bad. But when it happens, it is.

Awards
I used to have a moderate amount of acne but within the last year or so I've gotten two or three pimples and maybe a few blackheads tops. This is because I eventually went to a dermatologist and they put me on some meds, and prescribed me this really bitchin' topical gel shit that is to acne what Waterloo was to Napoleon.

I take an antibacterial pill called Minocycline twice a day that is supposed to help somehow, and whenever I do get any sort of blemish I use Ziana (the aforementioned awesome gel). I'd highly recommend both of these products if you're willing to foot the bill for them.

Also, I only use Clean & Clear products because they work fantastically. I wash my face twice a day on average, including in the shower in the mornings. At school I also carry Deep Action Cleansing Wipes so that I can get the built up oil off my face in a pinch -- if you should decide to buy a single product I've mentioned so far, make it these, because they are fabulous. Overall I'm very satisfied with my skin.

In other news, I'm not metrosexual.

KH29

From age 13-16 I had a horrible case of acne. High school pretty much sucked for me because of it. However, after I stopped eating sweets, drank more water instead of soda completely and washed my face better I completely lost it all by senior year. Any amount of chocolate gives me a pimple,I had 1 chocolate raisin and I had two pimples on my forehead the next day :(

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I wash my hair everyday, but it's still really long and always in my face. I thnk that's the main cause of my acne, but I'd actually rather deal with that than short hair.

KH29

Seriously though I still break out. But almost never on my face. It's always my arms and crap.

I found out that for some time I stated to get pimples on my arms and upper part of my back. I think it was because I would sweat after playing oo much basketball and football and didn't shower properly those two parts.

Tael

I used to have pretty bad acne (mainly on my forehead) when I was younger, maybe around 12-13. I had longish hair, and I guess that the oil from it or something just gave me bad acne, and when I switched to a short hair cut there was pretty bad acne. I got prescription medication for it, which got rid of it pretty quickly. Since then, I've only had minor breakouts, just a pimple here and there every once in a while.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
I just have acne around my cheek area. It's not too bad though.

saratp

Bronze Member
Awards
i had acne for four years, and i'm happy to say it's over. well kinda, i get a break out every now and then.
i did everything and nothing worked. so i had to be put on two prescriptions, i'm alot better now.
but because i waited so long to see a doctor and get a prescription, i have alot of scaring.
so if you have it
take care of it right away!

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
As long as I wash my face mostly regularly, I do alright.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
As far as hair is concerned, washing it with bar soap always worked for me.

Shampoo and conditioner always left it too moisturized, and bar soap definitely helps with that. Plus, it's less ezpensive, and saves time in the shower.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
I get minor/moderate acne.
I wash my face twice a day, use deep cleansing wipes, apply Freederm gel and sometimes I put Sudocrem (shit heals everything) on at night.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I spose I'm lucky, cos I've never had it extremely badly, so yeah... I just wash my face in the morning with soap and thats it =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back