• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Aidan's Story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight Town

Aidan’s Story

A Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction Novel

Containing Worlds and Characters from:

Video Games

Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy
Soul Calibur
The Legend of Zelda
Mario
Golden Sun
Donkey Kong

Books

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment (James Patterson)
His Dark Materials Trilogy (Phillip Pullman)

Movies

X-Men
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke

And many more…

Chapter One: The Voice

Aidan sat upright in his large brass bed. He’d been hearing a voice in his dreams for two weeks now. At first, he couldn’t hear it very well, but over time, it had become much easier to understand.
However, even after it had become easier to hear, the voice still spoke in cryptic messages as if Aidan were expected to decipher what it all meant. In his latest dream which he’d just awoken from, the voice had said “The darkness is coming. You must prepare yourself. You must follow the light as those before you. Only your heart can guide you.”
Aidan thought this sounded like something out of the stupid horoscopes the village fortune-teller would periodically distribute to everyone with crys of “Destiny is at hand!” Nobody really listened to Ellana’s fortunes anymore. She had once been a respected Wise woman, but everyone said that she had grown senile over the years. Aidan tended to agree with them, but now that he was hearing a voice at age sixteen, he wondered just who the crazy one was here.
It wasn’t as if the idea of hearing voices were totally foreign to Aidan, after all, fortune-tellers, wizards, witches and the like were well respected people in his world. It was just that Aidan never thought anything like that could happen to him, and he was more than a bit skeptical.
Deciding he didn’t have time to deal with such silly things as dreams, destiny or voices, Aidan got out of bed and walked into the neighboring room. The kitchen was flooded with the ambient light of very early morning. The big round oak table in the center of the room was covered in platters of eggs, bacon, cinnamon buns and toast. Aidan’s sister was sitting in front of it all, serving herself a second helping of eggs.
Dinora’s shoulder-length lavender hair framed her pale face. Presently, she looked up in Aidan’s direction casting him a pleasant smile. Even her vibrant green eyes seemed to shine with joy.
“Good morning Aidan.” Dinora said in her usual perky tone.
“Good morning Dinora.” Aidan responded.
“Did you sleep well?”
“Not really, I mean, I slept…”
“Those dreams again?” Dinora asked.
“Yeah, those dreams again, and that dumb voice.”
“I figured as much, well, why don’t you go see Ellana about them as I’ve been telling you too?” Dinora asked.
“Because, as I’ve told you before, she’s nuts.” Aidan replied.
“She is not; Madame Ellana is a very wise seer.” Dinora replied wholeheartedly.
“Tell that to the rest of town.” Aidan shot back.
“Well, frankly Aidan, I don’t care what you do if you feel that way, but don’t say I didn’t tell you to go to her. Now let’s forget about all this for the moment, and get some breakfast into you.” Dinora said, placating her brother. Dinora was eighteen, and the older sibling, it was her job to calm confrontations and be the voice of reason, although when it came to Ellana, Aidan felt that Dinora fell off on the latter of her duties.
“Okay,” Aidan replied, “I could do that.”
Aidan scooped some scrambled eggs onto a plate and began eating. Dinora and Aidan made small talk for the rest of breakfast and when Aidan was finished, the pair of them headed out to work for the day.
They were both apprentice farmers, a job quite common to the little community of Thistlebridge Village. Work was as boring as ever, but it went quickly that day. Aidan was thankful that it at least felt quicker than usual.
When he and Dinora arrived home, they ate with their mother (their father had died when they were small) and went to their rooms earlier than usual. Aidan had difficulty sleeping, and finally, when he did, his dreams were once again with the voice. This time he saw the stained glass pillar thing, he was floating over it as before, and the yellow image on top of it looked the same. There was the scene he always saw, the boy just a few years younger than him with brown hair holding a shiny irregular shaped sword, and fighting the huge black figure that loomed above him. There were much smaller versions of that dark creature, perhaps its spawn, scurrying about. They looked like big ants, their antennae twitching nervously.
“Who the heck are you?” Aidan yelled down at the kid. And, Aidan expected just like always, to get no direct response from the kid or the voice, but this time was different. The voice spoke just then.
“He is one whose destiny you share. Arise and face that destiny.” The voice said.

Last edited:

Krazy

Jabberwocky
Me: This is awesome!! Very descriptive and....it's....just...AWESOME!! ^_^

Kaze:*sigh* Her vocabulary isn't very large....>_>

Sora: And neither is mine!! ^_^

Aozora:...-_-;.....

Me: Update soon!!! ^_^

Twilight Town

Chapter Two: Darkness Arrives

Aidan’s eyes shot open, his heart was racing and sweat had pressed his sandy colored curls down. His blue eyes darted around, and his eye caught on something moving in the darkness. When he moved, it seemed to shrink away. He scrambled to his lamp and switched it on. Five of the smaller dark creatures he’d seen in his dream were crawling around on his floor, their little claws clicking against the wood. Their yellow eyes stared up at him unemotionally from the shadows. Aidan sat on his bed for a minute in shock; he couldn’t believe that these dark creatures were real. A flash of lightning and clap of thunder brought Aidan back into his terrible reality. It was raining hard outside, the raindrops sounded like tiny rocks against his window pane, and here he was sitting on his bed waiting for these dark beings to hurt him. Aidan wouldn’t let them. He jumped off his bed squashing one of them under his foot. Its spongy flesh was colder than anything Aidan had ever felt and seemed to emote darkness itself.
Aidan ran down the hall and into his mother’s room. There were seven of the creatures on her bed. A pool of darkness seemed to be floating above the sheets. Aidan knew his mother must have succumbed to the beings in her sleep. He shuddered at the thought. He couldn’t be concerned with his mother for now; he had to see about Dinora. He moved on to the room adjacent to his mother’s passing two creatures on the way and found Dinora standing on her bed with a pair of scissors in her hand pointed downward at a group of the dark beings. Her emerald eyes were wild with fear.
“Aidan,” Dinora screamed, “They got mom. What are they? Are they what you saw in your dream?”
“Yeah, but I don’t know what they are!” Aidan yelled back.
“We’ve got to get out of the house, help me fight them off!” Dinora yelled. Aidan sprinted down to the kitchen, grabbed a steak knife off the counter and ran back, fighting off beings as he went. When he reentered Dinora’s room, she was struggling to keep one of the dark things off her ankles.
Aidan rushed the group, swinging the knife at them over and over. After a few moments, several of them went up in an implosion of darkness. By now, Dinora had managed to destroy the one that had been latched onto her ankle, and, gaining courage from her brother, a few others around her.
Dinora with her scissors and Aidan with his knife scrambled out of the house and into the night of Thistlebridge. The dusty road through town was churning with chaos. People running in all directions screaming for their lost relatives, creatures, dozens of them, moving around the shadows, and the rain, pounding down on the whole miserable scene, turning the path to mud.
Dinora and Aidan continued quickly and cautiously down the main street and out into the fields. In order to shake the creatures, they went into a part where the wild grasses grew up to waist level. Their pace quickened as they approached the huge tree standing in the middle of the field. It was said to be hundreds of years old and protected by a defensive spell. Thus Dinora and Aidan did something that would be considered foolish in any other situation. In the middle of the fierce thunder storm, they made their way to the base of the thick, deeply knotted tree and stood under its outstretched branches. There was an opening at the base of the tree that led inside a hollow part of its massive trunk. The two siblings crawled inside and braced themselves for whatever was to come. This had been a place that the two had often come as younger children whenever they needed a moment to relax or collect their thoughts. Other children in Thistlebridge had done much the same thing for years. Thus the tree became know as the Tree of Posterity.
As the two siblings sat there, they saw a flash of light, and expecting to hear a roll of thunder afterward, they hunkered down for the noise, but none came, and when Aidan looked up, he felt something rather cold, and his attention drew to his hand where he saw a metal object appearing in it. When it had fully materialized it was the shape of a key, but Aidan also knew instinctively it was a sword of some type. It was silver on the blade and chain, and the handle was gold. It seemed to warm in his grip. Aidan nudged Dinora gently. She looked over at his hand, and seeing the blade, her mouth fell a few inches open, and she asked the obvious question of her brother.
“Where did you get that?”
“I think it came from that flash of light.” Aidan said.
“You know, after what’s been happening tonight, I think I’d believe anything, and with tonight’s logic in mind, that makes perfect sense.” Dinora said, smiling half-heartedly.
Just then, a few sickeningly familiar dark shapes began moving towards the pair through the grass. The two siblings took one knowing glance at one another and ran out of the tree. Only Aidan looked back. He swore he saw, imbedded in the hollow of the tree, what looked like a little irregularly shaped hole framed in gold, glistening in the night. Whatever it was, Aidan decided to concern himself with it no longer. He looked forward and kept running. He shot off to the right of town into the farmland. When he got to a radish bed, he crouched down and looked to his left expecting to see Dinora. She wasn’t there. He made his way toward the back end of town where he had cut off toward the farmland. There, he saw a group of glowing eyes surrounding a pool of darkness in the ground. He slashed them up with ease. Whatever this sword was, it seemed to be pretty handy against these creatures.
Aidan looked around where the pool had been only moments before for any sign of his sister, but there was nothing. He felt around on the ground to look for any sign that she had been there. Unfortunately, he found one. As the latest lightning strike lit up the vicinity, he saw a pair of silver sewing scissors upright, stuck into the muddy ground. Aidan picked them up, wiping the mud on his dark blue shorts. He placed them carefully in his pocket and began walking (for the first time that night) back toward the Tree of Posterity. As he trudged along through the mud strewn, waist-high grasses, he felt warm tears strolling down his cheeks.
He never had the chance to notice the dark energy ball that was in the sky above the Tree of Posterity. As he approached the tree, a strong wind kicked up. Aidan turned around to see Thistlebridge being uprooted by the sudden wind. Then, he too, was lifted into the air, and he felt a strange sensation as the cold darkness of the giant, suspended ball enveloped him.

Twilight Town

Anyone who's enjoying this can feel free to tell any of their closest pals on the site to read my fic. It would be appreciated.

Twilight Town

kaze_krazy said:
Me: That was so uberly awesome!! ^_^

Sora:*crying over Aiden's sis* WHY MUST THE GOOD DIE YOUNG?!?! T_T

Kaze: >_>

Aozora: More soon....-_-;

Ah, but is she dead? Did Riku die when he went into the pool of darkness?
We have to wait and see what happened to Dinora. Even I don't know for sure if and/or where she will turn up.

Machinany Gun

Bronze Member
Interesting story TT. Nice Job, i'll keep add this story to the few im following. Awaiting the next chapter when its ready. (and i pity the incoming characters from Kaze and Winged. They are going to argue, i just know it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back