• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Aidan's Story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight Town

Chapter Three: Transient Town

Transient Town’s world was a small one. The town itself lay almost in the heart of the world. The people there lived in eternal daylight, and thus, at what would be nighttime hours, had to place dark colored curtains in their windows to block out the sun in order to sleep. Transient Town had a history of being a crossroads for people passing between the worlds when they were connected, and inter-world travel became possible. They had seen the arrival of many bounty hunters, mischief makers, and inter-world travelers over the years, and like its name implied, nobody stayed in Transient Town for very long. It wasn’t because the town was unpleasant or crime ridden, in fact it was just the opposite. It was because most people who came to Transient Town were the kind of people who spent their whole lives “just passing through”. Of course, over the years, some families had moved in permanently after the destruction of their worlds, but very few. Many were transported back to their home worlds if and when they were restored. Transient Town’s focal point was an oversized, derelict windmill that towered over the other buildings. It hadn’t been in working order for a few hundred years. It was white, but the paint had begun to chip off in the last fifty years or so, giving it an unfinished appearance. The huge blades never spun any longer except in a fierce storm. Thus, the windmill acted as the town’s barometer. Just before bad weather reached the town, the windmill would begin to shudder and creak, giving the townies just enough time to rush into their little stucco homes. There was no real industry in the town. People grew what they ate, and would sell or trade the surplus for some extra gain. Residents made their own wheelbarrows, chairs, beds, everything from scratch. Lumber was the only real thriving trade in Transient Town. The large forest which took up most of the rest of the world was filled with all varieties of flora and fauna. Lumber workers would come into town with their latest raw materials for sale as well as furniture they had made for the less handy. The citizens would rush out in droves to drop their money on raw pine, birch, cherry, and oak and completed furnishings. Transient Town was a quaint city, but it was well loved by any who came in contact with it.
“Hey kid,” a gruff voice said, “what’re you doing in my lumber bin?”
“Huh?” Aidan said, his eyes fluttering reluctantly open.
“I said get out of my lumber bin!” The voice was growing impatient.
“Where am I?” Aidan asked as his eyes came completely open, resting on the figure of the large, burly man who stood before him.
“What do you mean? Don’t you know your own city?” the man asked.
Aidan looked around him. He seemed to be in an alley or pedestrian street in a town of some sort. All the buildings around him were stucco, many with striped awnings over their doorways. There seemed to be many families living in the same building, separated only by the ceilings and floors between them. Some of the higher floors had small, yet ornate concrete balconies covered in the same stucco façade. He then looked down and saw that he was sitting in a crate that seemed to be filled with evenly cut and stacked pieces of wood. He also saw that he was still holding the blade that had come from the light beam. The man who had been yelling at him was still standing there, looking rather frustrated. He was broad shouldered, tall, and rather plump. He had a large round face with a rough looking full beard and small beady brown eyes staring harshly out at Aidan.
“I’m sorry; I must’ve um…fallen or something.” Aidan lied. He knew instinctively he was no longer anywhere near Thistlebridge Village. He got out of the man’s crate of wood and slinked off down the path toward the center of the town he now found himself in. The huge cobblestone plaza had a large windmill in the center looming overhead. It looked quite aged. A sign in front of it said in glossy black letters ‘Old Transient Mill’. Aidan walked past the towering white mill and headed down another street. As he walked past more similarly styled homes, he saw a girl who looked to be Dinora’s age sitting on a white washed chair under a red and green striped awning. She had mid-back length jet black hair, long legs and dark eyes.
“Hey, you don’t look like your from around here. Do you need some help finding anything?” The girl said, standing up as Aidan passed by.
“Your right, I’m not from around here. Have you ever heard of a place called Thistlebridge Village?” Aidan said.
“No, that must be where you’re from then. I knew you must be from another world.” The girl said jumping to conclusions.
“Yeah, I guess this must be a different world. Say, do you know anything about where my sister ended up? Her name’s, Dinora she’s eighteen, she has lavender hair and green eyes.”
“Sorry, can’t say I do, but why don’t you come in. I think I may be able to help you sort some things out, I’m pretty sure I know what happened to you and your town.” The girl said.

Machinany Gun

Bronze Member
Nice description on the town i thought. Nice going, i take it the next few chapters will be more relaxed than whats to come afterwards. Kinda like the way Traverse Town was in Kingdom hearts. Anyways when the next ones ready be sure to post it.

Kingdom Clasm

Disciple of Truth
With my head to the stars, waiting for a miracle.
Sarabis: *spectacles appear on his nose, speaking in a mock British accent* Hmm. Yes..... Yes indeed. Very descriptive, very detailed. I can picture a version of Transient Town in my mind. Oh, what am I saying? *clears throat, talking regularly now* I'm saying I likie! ^_^

Roaricki: *sighs, talking to TT* You better get used to it, this is how it is with him all the time. Be prepared for a wild ride. You know, sometimes I think he actually wants the people who wrote the fics he reads to stop writing them. The way he acts, its a miracle that he doesn't drive the whole forums away!

Sarabis: *staring into space inncoently, oblivious of what Roaricki's saying about him*

Roaricki: *shudders* Just look at him. He's the incarnation of evil!

Twilight Town

Me: Next Chapter will be up in a few days.

Ritz: That's what you said about your other fic and look what happened to it.

Me: Well, that's not gonna happen this time.

Aidan: It better not.

Me: Seriouly, the next chapter will be up within the next few days.

Ritz: *sighs*

Krazy

Jabberwocky
Me: NO!! Not "crazy", "KRAZY"!!! ^_^

Sora: There's a difference!!! ^_^

Aozora: That's what the Ma-

Me, Sora, Kaze: SHUT UP ABOUT THE MATRIX!!! >_<

Aozora: ^_^;;

Me, Sora, Kaze: -_-;

Kaze:.................>_>

Status
Not open for further replies.