• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Aladdin (2019) - A whole new, new world

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Pokie

Got to admit that the remake is looking incredibly better and smoother now. About Jafar, he's pretending to be BFFs with Aladdin so he'll go into the Cave of Wonders and grab him the lamp and the Genie, so that's why he sounds so soft, I hope.

SerDuncan

I'll just say though, that the last trailer of the Beauty and the Beast film looked good, but then the actual film ended up being average at best.

Trailers can do a lot to make a poor film look good. And if there are any song and dance numbers, we haven't seen anything of that yet so...

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I'll just say though, that the last trailer of the Beauty and the Beast film looked good, but then the actual film ended up being average at best.

Trailers can do a lot to make a poor film look good. And if there are any song and dance numbers, we haven't seen anything of that yet so...

There are song and dance numbers. Friend Like Me and shots of people dancing to what I’m guessing is Prince Ali were both in the trailer.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Jafar sucks. They should have had his voice actor voice over the lines. And I'll wait to see the movie to deliver a judgement. A nostalgic song such as A Whole New World guarantees liking from the getgo.

Knuxpyro56

Yeah, i am a big fan of the original film, so i was skeptical after seeing the Genie for the first time. But when the trailer hit with Friend like Me, i was in. And what i like is that Will is making his own version of the Genie, not trying to copy Robin Williams.

I will say that i have actually loved the majority of the Disney Remakes. Only ones i don't like were the Alice movies and Pete's Dragon was pretty boring (and i loved the cheesy campiness of the original). Some of them I love better than the original movie they were based on (Cinderella and Beauty being those 2).

But i think for me it will come down to the songs and musical score. if i can continue to listen to them well after release, then its done its job, imo.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Watch this video, then go watch the movie.

Honesty, this movie is beautiful, I fell in love. Screw the critics, the audience score is where it's at.

tumblr_pql7p9jcec1qlyolpo4_r2_540.gif

How can you say no to the beautiful and talented Naomi Scott? honestly, kudos to the cast for turning a 180 on this movie!

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
This is one of the best re-makes so far. None of them are going to be as good as the animated films (well, except maybe The Jungle Book one), but I really loved this one. I liked B&tB, too.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Well critical reception aside the film is doing well at the box office. 212 million dollars so far

And as of right now, it's around 800 million dollars, talk about a dark horse. Despite the online vitriol against the movie (which to be fair was because of the awful marketing), Aladdin's another Live-Action remake success.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
And as of right now, it's around 800 million dollars, talk about a dark horse. Despite the online vitriol against the movie (which to be fair was because of the awful marketing), Aladdin's another Live-Action remake success.
Like I mentioned in another thread: internet is never a good source of public opinion.

But anyhow, I guess this is the start of the Disney Classics Live-Action Remake Era.

Back