• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Aladdin - The Novelization

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Tailikku1

Awards
Book 2 Ch. 5 - Forget About Love
Back at the palace, Genie was making pizzas for the royal banquet that the Sultan was holding for Aladdin. While slicing the pepperoni, samurai-style, his knives cut through his hand, severing it from his arm. The hand got up and did a Charleston dance. “Excuse me while I pull myself together.”

The Sultan was most amused of seeing Genie again. “Aladdin, you have proven to be a man of strong moral character. That is why I've decided to make you my new royal vizier. Isn't it wonderful?”

Genie got excited and began a promotional stunt in honor of the announcement including giving Al a “Genie award,” t-shirts, and a royal herald. “So, what's a royal vizier?”

“Well, he will be my most trusted advisor.”

“Well, that makes sense. He's bound to be better than that Jafar character.” Genie’s head morphed into that of Jafar. “Quite so!” “And Iago, whew! Talk about a rat with wings! That bird was mean! ‘Sultan want a cracker?’ Remember that?” Genie’s head morphed again, this time into Iago and holding a piece of matzo. “I can still taste them! The traitor!” “Yes, sir! You don't see this guy hanging out with any evil parrots!”

“It's funny you should mention Iago.”

“Oh, monkey! Ooh ooh ooh ooh! Come on! Monkey, little birdie want to talk to monkey. Have nice banana. Birdie get monkey a pretty banana if monkey open cage. Yum yum!” Iago was desperately trying to get Abu to unlock the cage, even going for the “wife and three kids” gambit. Abu had an idea seeing Rajah eye the parrot. “Come on, open the cage! Open it! Open it! Open it!” The monkey did so, having brought the tiger over. “Yeah, that's more like it.” Iago was then greeted by 30 feline teeth. “Close the cage! Close it! Close it! Close it!”

Rajah pounced on the cage denting it and giving Iago a chance to make a break for it “Your monkey's trying to kill me! I saved your life! It's payback time, Aladdin!” Rajah managed to grab Iago in his mouth, mid-pounce, but in doing so, he ended up disrupting dinner. Jasmine scolded him. “Rajah! You know better than to tear around the palace like that!”
The Sultan resumed his question, “So, Aladdin, why did you bring up that deceitful parrot?”

Aladdin tried to dodge the question, but the parrot made his presence known by making the tiger sneeze. The Sultan called for the guards to take care of the bird, an order that Razoul was willing to carry out right then and there. They would have been having chicken for dinner had Aladdin not intervened “You don't understand! Just listen! I have a... Your Highness!”

“I trust he has a fitting explanation for this... this scandal?”

“He had better.” Both Jasmine and the Sultan glared at the boy.

“Look, I just... Iago's not all that bad. At least I don't think so anyway.”

“’Not all bad?’ He only served my greatest enemy, that's all!”

“We can't allow that traitorous bird to run free!”

“Then I'll watch him! You Highness, I meant, with your permission... I'd like to take full responsibility for Iago.”

“You would?! Your priorities seem questionable to me, but so be it. Aladdin, you will watch Iago every moment.”

“And if the bird makes one wrong move, you shall be the one I pluck, street-rat.”

Razoul left the room followed by the Sultan. “That could've gone worse.” Genie spoke too soon. Jasmine was still glaring at Al.

“You were hiding Iago all along, weren't you?! I thought you had changed!”
The princess ran off to her boudoir. Aladdin was left looking at the mess that he just made for not coming clean just before Genie arrived home.

“Hey, Jasmine's just a little steamed. She'll cool down. Care for a cup? This isn't cheering you up, is it?” Genie morphed into a teapot and offered some Darjeeling to Al and Abu. “I don't get it, Genie. I try to do something good and it blows up in my face!” “That's the problem with doing the right thing. Sometimes you do it by yourself.”

“That kid saved my life. Nobody's ever looked out for me before. Now, it's like I owe him… Nah!” Iago was looking at Aladdin leaving the scene. Genie appeared in the form of Jiminy Cricket. “Just let your conscience be your guide.” “Conscience? Never had one. Never.” Iago flew off, only to be startled by Genie again, this time as a grotesque jack-in-the-box. “What are you trying to do, give me a heart attack?” “A-ha! You do have a heart! An itty-bitty one, but it is there.” Genie pointed towards his skulking friend. “Look at him. Would it kill you to do something nice for him?”

“Possibly… I don’t do nice.”

“Oh c’mon! It’ll be fun!”

“I don’t do fun either!”

“We have to get Al and the princess back together!”

“Look, I definitely don't do mushy stuff! It's not me!”

“I know, but it's going to be tricky.”

Tricky is good. Tricky I can do!”

Jasmine was sobbing alongside Rajah in the “cage.” She did not notice that Iago was nearby. “Come on, Princess! Don't waste your tears on him.” She threw a pillow at him. “Hey, don't take it out on me! He's the creep. I never should have saved his life.”

“Saved his life?”

“Yeah, he owed me one. That's why he stood up for me.”

“But he didn't have to lie to me.”

“You are so right.
Forget about that guy
Forget about the way you fell into his eyes
Forget about his charms
Forget about the way he held you in his arms
Walking on air's obnoxious
The thrill
The chill
Will make you nauseous
And you'll never get enough
Just forget about love
She's buying it! Now make with the magic!
Forget about romance
Forget about the way your heart begins to dance
Then you feel the blush
When he's spouting out some sentimental mush
Love really is revolting
It's even worse than when you're molting
Enough of this fluff
Just forget about love
Jasmine:
I had almost forgotten the way it felt
When he held out his hand for mine
My heart all a-flutter

Iago:
Oh, how I shudder

Jasmine:
The first time we kissed

Iago:
It won't be missed
Forget about 'is touch

Jasmine:
I can't forget about his touch

Iago:
In the scheme of things,
It doesn't matter much

Jasmine:
It matters so much

Iago:
You're better on your own
A meal becomes a banquet
When you eat alone

Jasmine:
Hmm-mm-mm-mm

Both:
Love's filled with compromises

Iago:
And don't you hate those big surprises?

Jasmine:
A cozy rendezvous

Iago:
Oh, please!

Jasmine:
Candlelight for two

Iago:
Oh, geez!

Jasmine:
Look, you're calling my bluff, I can't

Iago:
Just

Both:
Forget about love!

Jasmine walked up to Al at the fountain “Jasmine, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kept Iago a secret. Please...”

“Aladdin, you don't have to...
I can't forget about my heart

Aladdin:
I can't forget about my heart

Jasmine:
And how it felt to fall for you right from the start

Aladdin:
I'm still falling

Jasmine:
Whatever we may do

Aladdin:
Whatever we may do

Jasmine:
You are here for me, and I'll be there for you

Aladdin:
I'll be there

Both:
To wish, to want, to wander
To find the sun through rain and thunder

Aladdin:
A cozy rendezvous

Jasmine:
Yes, please!

Aladdin:
Candlelight for two

Iago:
Oh, geez!
Enough is enough!

Aladdin and Jasmine:
We can't forget about love!

And so thanks to Iago, Jasmine and Aladdin were a couple once more.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Genie is the best character in Aladdin hands down. I like how Genie got Iago to show he had a heart. Well, looks like Jafar will be stirring up trouble with some help from a group of bandits; namely Abis Mal. However, I still feel confused on why he wants to destroy Aladdin for? Fun fact: no matter how many times I've watched the second movie, that concept has been lost on me. Anyhow, its been a fun read so far. I really look forward to seeing what happens in the next chapter.

Tailikku1

Awards
Book 2 Ch 6 - The Revenge Plot
At the stroke of twelve, Abis Mal had made his way into the palace gardens after scaling the walls. He pulled the lamp out and rubbed it, releasing Jafar, again in Grand Vizier form. “About time. It was getting hot…” Jafar took notice to Aladdin and the crew. Among them was their newest member, Iago. “How very like Iago. He's lost no time endearing himself to those in power.” A cruel smile formed over his face. “Which fits in perfectly with my plan!”

Aladdin was now in his street clothes again as Jasmine had finished cleaning them while he was out strolling the marketplace. Jasmine told Genie to leave the two of them alone for a bit as it was a special moment. But he wasted no time to pull out a digital camcorder and began to invade their personal space. Iago was fed up with this. “What does he have to do to make it clear to you lunkheads?! The show's over. They want to be alone! Break it up! Move it, primate! Shoo! Go on!” Iago patted his hands, rubbing the dust off. “That takes care of the peanut gallery. If you need me, I'll be lazing about in the lap of luxury.” Iago flew off to Jafar’s old vestibule, which just a few months ago, he was jammed in the panel to the lab. He was sitting in the recliner eating grapes.

“Oh, yeah! Being one of the good guys has its advantages. Advisor to Aladdin, the new grand vizier. And when Aladdin becomes sultan, that will make me the grand vizier. Only I'm not gonna blow it like that idiot Jafar! I'll never have to stand in his shadow again.”

All at once, the room went dark and was quickly illuminated by candelabras. Jafar appeared and startled the parrot. Iago tried to come up with a lame excuse. “A funny thing happened. You see, this guy took the lamp. You probably thought it was me... 'cause it sounded a lot like me... but a lot of people sound like me. Anyway, he took the lamp and...”

“Calm yourself, Iago. I haven't come for revenge against you.”

Abis Mal shouted an idea for a wish. “I got it! I could wish for the famed treasure chest of King Malakhan!” Jafar zapped him, binding him into an empty chest before releasing him. “I am dreadfully sorry. I thought that was your wish. Are you quite all right?"

“No, I am not quite!”

“Wonderful. Good to see all is well.” “Who’s the mook?” “Abis Mal here is my new friend, and I couldn't help noticing that you've made some new friends, too. Like... Aladdin!”

“Friend? Friend is such a strong word. He's more like an acquaintance.”

“I'm arranging a little surprise for Aladdin and your job is to lead him to the party.”

“You know, I don't think I'm the guy for this job. You know, you should talk to... the monkey! Yeah! The monkey's really got Aladdin's ear!”

“No, Iago... you!”

The next morning, the Sultan had rented out his room for Genie, Abu, Carpet, and Iago to play billiards. Iago sat out of it and was pacing the floor. What was he going to do? He had just gained the boy’s trust, but now Jafar wanted him to stab him in the back. “You know, Aladdin... AI... here's an idea. I was just thinking...”

Genie meanwhile readied a bank shot. He made the shot but it tore into the fabric on the table and the cue ball ended up jammed in Iago’s mouth. “Shoot! It's stuck good. Nurse!” Genie poofed a nurse’s outfit onto Abu, complete with mascara. Abu was not too keen with being the “girl” in the situation. “Abu! Iago here's our friend now. We can trust him. Now, let's get that ball out of his beak. What do you say?” “OK.” Abu jumped onto the bird’s belly and he spat the ball out. “Brilliant, Nurse Heimlich!” “Thanks... Bobo.” “It's Abu.” “Whatever…” “That's the spirit! We're all one big family now!”

“Yeah, sure. Family. Yeah, well, I gotta find Al.” Iago flew off, just as Carpet made an impossible shot, sinking all fifteen balls into the pockets. He found Al and Jas mid-conversation in the “cage.” They were talking about having a scenic picnic with the Sultan. Iago joined in “That's a good idea.” Aladdin added “And I'll bring Genie. He was a big hit with the Sultan.”

“No! I mean, Genie’s… he's too flashy! He's too loud! You'll never get a word in.” Jasmine agreed. “You need some quiet time with Father. Let him get to know you. “ “Yeah! And I...” Iago hesitated, this was the part he dreaded from the start of the morning. “I can take you to the perfect spot.” “Great! Come on, let's get Father.”

Aladdin turned to Iago “Iago? This isn't easy for me to say, but I was wrong about you.” Now he felt guilty. “Wait a second!” “Yes, Iago?” Iago tried to say something but he looked up and saw two eyes glaring at him. “I'll be along in a minute.” The boy and the princess left.

Iago was alone again, and then Jafar appeared behind him. “Excellent…”

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Poor Iago. Its got to be rough with all of that guilt on his heart. Jafar still manipulates anyone he can in order to seek revenge. It was a good and fun chapter to read. In a way, it'd be nice if Jasmine wasn't so pushy with Aladdin and the Sultan. Ah well, what can you do, huh? I look forward to more updates. =D

Tailikku1

Awards
Book 2 Ch 7 - You're Only Second Rate

Aladdin, the Sultan, and Iago boarded Carpet and sped off following Iago’s directions. Jasmine was there to see them off, but then Genie and Abu arrived with picnic gear. “Hey, hey! Clear the way! Make room for the picnic boys!” “They already left, Genie.” “No problem! I'll catch up in a flash!” “Wait! Without me, too! Aladdin needs some time alone with Father to patch things up from last night”. “You know what this means, monkey-boy? More food for us!” Genie unfurled the blanket and a banquet appeared as the monkey and the Genie began eating like pigs.

Iago’s directions led them to a cliffside spot right next to a waterfall. At the speed Carpet was going at, Iago was losing feathers as fast as sweat on a sunbather in a sauna and the Sultan was launched forward into a stone chair unharmed. He must have really enjoyed his first flight on Carpet the day he first met Aladdin! “Iago, I have to hand it to you. This is a nice place.”

Back at the palace, Genie and Abu were finishing up their picnic. “How about a nice drumstick? This could use some secret 11 herbs and spices.” Abu bit down on the chicken-leg only to see a black widow crawling up. He spat it out in disgust. Genie took notice and saw that the entire picnic area was swarming with black widows! He poofed on a HAZMAT suit and began spraying bug-killer fumes. Unexpectedly, the spiders reared back and reformed… in the form of Jafar!

“Sorry to spoil your picnic, boys but I can't have any genies mucking about ruining my plans.”

“Don’t worry, Abu. He's a genie, and genies can't kill anyone.” Again he spoke too soon, as Jafar’s hands morphed into dragons and spat fire on him. Genie coughed as he shook the ashes off. “But you'd be surprised what you can live through.”

“You always were good for a laugh.” “Oh, yeah?!” Genie morphed into Rambo and fired machine guns, arrows, and even 怒 symbols at Jafar, praying that it would do some damage, or at the very least turn him into a frog. When the smoke cleared, where Jafar stood was a crater. Genie began laughing heroically. “Who's laughing now?” Strike three on speaking too soon, Genie. Jafar’s evil laugh rang out as he reappeared. “Why, I believe it's me.

I must admit, your parlor tricks are amusing
I bet you've got a bunny under your hat
Now here's your chance to get the best of me
Hope your hand is hot
C'mon, clown, let's see what you've got
You try to slam me with your hardest stuff
But your double whammy isn't up to snuff
I'll set the record straight
You're simply out of date
You're only second rate!

You think your cat's a meanie, but your tiger's tame
You've got a lot to learn about the genie game
So for your education I'll reiterate
You're only second rate!

Men cower at the power in my pinky
My thumb is number one on every list
But if you're not convinced that I'm invincible
Put me to the test
I'd love to lay this rivalry to rest

Go ahead and zap me with the big surprise
Snap me in a trap, cut me down to size
I'll make a great escape
It's just a piece of cake
You're only second rate!
You know, your hocus-pocus isn't tough enough
And your mumbo-jumbo doesn't measure up
Let me pontificate upon your sorry state
You're only second rate!

Zaba-caba-dabra!
Granny's gonna grab ya!
Alakazam-da-mus
And this thing's bigger than the both of us
So spare me your tremendous scare
You look horrendous in your underwear
And I can hardly wait to discombobulate
I'll send ya back and packing in a shipping crate
You'd make a better living with a spinning plate
You're only second rate!

After all the torture that Jafar sent Genie and Abu through ala Pink Elephants on Parade, Genie was trapped in the hourglass that the evil sorcerer used to find Aladdin and Abu was in a spider-trap and stuck to the walls. “That was invigorating! Come, Abis Mal... we have other lives to ruin.”

Aladdin and the Sultan were skipping stones across the river. The Sultan was having a hard time though. “Sultan, look, I'm sorry for not telling you about Iago. I guess I saw some good in him, just like you saw some good in a street rat.” Aladdin’s stone managed to skip all the way to the other side. “The good I saw in a... Well, oh, yes, l... I suppose. Well said, my boy! Oh, you'll be a fine vizier!” Aladdin went back to Iago, just as the sun was about to set. “This was a great idea, Iago. Thanks.” Again the bird looked guilty. “Oh, don't thank me. Really.”

All at once, dark-robed bandits appeared on black steeds, sabers flashing. They had no interest in Aladdin, but rather the Sultan. Amongst the bandits was Abis Mal. Aladdin turned to Iago and glared at him: The whole thing was a set up to capture the Sultan. “I'll settle with you later.” Aladdin and Carpet sped after the bandits and watched in shock as the horses dove off and sprouted bat wings. Aladdin managed to grab the Sultan from one of the bandits and flew back to the cliff. Abis Mal took notice and shouted an order at one of the bandits. A few minutes later, a whirlpool opened up and grabbed the Sultan. Aladdin was sucked in and thrown off Carpet. He landed in the water and ended up clutching to a rock. Abis Mal swooped down and kicked him. One of the bandits however used some sort of spell, maneuvering Aladdin through the rapids and into a safer part of the river. Abis Mal was none too happy and regrouped with the other bandits, which turned into fire and from the fire into Jafar.

“Are you nuts?! You saved him! He was this close to being a greasy little smear on the rocks!” “Look, you little...! I mean, my dear Abis Mal, if you remember the plan, it is not yet time for the boy to meet his end.” “I knew that.” “Soon, our revenge will be complete and you shall have your third wish.” “Ooh, my little wishy!” “And you, Iago! You have done well.” “Please, don't mention it.” Poor Iago was even more guilty than ever. It wasn’t enough that betrayed the boy who spared his life, but now he was being forced to betray him.

Aladdin woke hours later on the side of the river. The first things on his mind were the Sultan’s well-being and to rip Iago a new one once he had the chance to see the treacherous bird. It was going to be a long hike through the desert back to the Palace.

Book 2 to be concluded.

Tailikku1

Awards
Book 2 Ch. 8 - The End of Jafar
“Jafar, you fiend! I should have known that this was your treachery!” The Sultan was now bound in chains in Jafar’s lab, alongside the Genie and Abu. “But I couldn't have done it without Iago.” “I played a minor role, really.” The parrot again was guilty of playing Malinche to Aladdin’s Montezuma. “Jafar! This rug won't cooperate!” Jafar zapped Carpet and an anvil landed on the rug, pinning him down. “I think we have ample time to prepare for Aladdin’s arrival.” He grabbed the Sultan’s turban, took a sickle and slashed it. “Hey! That was a nice hat. I could have worn that hat!” “We need this for our plan.” “Couldn't we use another hat for the plan?” “Oh, no. The sultan's turban and this sickle are exactly what we need to seal Aladdin's doom.”

After nearly a day and a half of hiking, Aladdin returned to the palace. And who was there to greet him but Captain Razoul. “Razoul! The sultan's been...” “Seize him! You are under arrest for the murder of the sultan!” “What?! No!”

Once again Aladdin found himself in the dungeon, it was the same cell as last time, and Jafar had neglected to close the exit to the Cave of Wonders. After explaining his story time and time again, a voice piped in “Because we know you're lying!” It was Jasmine, and she was angry. “I found this in your room. My father's turban... slashed! I thought you loved me! But now I see that all you wanted to do was rule Agrabah! He shall die at dawn for the murder of my father.” Jasmine ran out of the dungeon, but not before taking a detour. Razoul smugly looked at Aladdin. A voice entered Aladdin’s mind, as the captain of the guards left:

What a room, what a stink
This is doom, don't you think?
As the hours of the night crawl past
You've got rats in your cell
But you'll live with the smell
Till the dawn, when you'll breathe your last
Every tick of the clock
Says get set for the block
And the shock of your awful plight
You should sleep, but you don't
'Cause you know that you won't
See another Arabian night

Jasmine marched up the stairs and into Jafar’s lab. Abis Mal was now shackling another prisoner: Jasmine. The first Jasmine turned to the other and morphed into Jafar. He chuckled at the awful plight. “You should have seen the look on Aladdin's face when Princess Jasmine sentenced him to death! Yes Abis Mal, and then you get your wish. Ah, Iago you betrayed me and allied yourself with my enemies. Then you turned on them as soon as it was in your best interests. That's what I love about you. You're so perfectly predictable. A villain through and through.” Iago sadly looked at his friends. What was he going to do?

The bells rang, signaling dawn. Razoul arrived in the cell and grabbed Aladdin. He and an entourage of guards led the boy up to the palace’s blacksmith who was in the midst of sharpening Razoul’s sword. After rubbing his thumb on the blade and see a small trickle of blood, he swiped the sword through a 2x4 and it split in two, cleanly.

Jafar once again morphed into Jasmine, this time in her peasant garb. “I'll tell your boyfriend good-bye for you, Princess,” he sexily said in her voice, before going back to his real voice “I am so worried.” When the fake princess left, Iago began calculating the softest spot on the hourglass. “What are you doing now?” “Oh, what does it look like I'm doing? I'm trying to free the chump genie so he can save your chump boyfriend!” He whacked the hourglass with a metal rod, but nothing happened. He lifted it high into the air and prepared to push it off of one of the ledges and onto the floor. Time was running out as he saw Razoul push Aladdin to the block. Aladdin was ready to accept his fate. “Wait!” There was Jasmine. “I knew you wouldn't go through with this.” “I just wanted to say good-bye, street rat!” Jasmine’s face morphed quickly into Jafar and morphed back. Before Aladdin could say anything Razoul had already covered his head with a sack. Iago pushed with all his might and the hourglass fell to the floor, shattering into millions of pieces and freeing Genie.

Genie whizzed to the block and grabbed Aladdin just as Razoul was bringing the sword down. “Thanks for saving me!” “Oh, come on, Al. You know I had to. That no-head look is just not you. For my next trick: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!” All of the prisoners in the lab were safe and sound in Jasmine’s room “Oh-ho, and everybody's safe and sound.” Jasmine and Aladdin embraced, before she said to her fiancé: “There's somebody else who wants to talk to you.” It was Iago. “How could you show your face? You're nothing but a...” “Aladdin, Iago rescued us. He didn't have to, but he did.”
“Rescued? Him?”

"Please note... ‘Did not have to, but did.’ Now we should be fleeing for our lives if you don't mind!" “No! We have to stop Jafar!” “But how? He's so powerful!” Genie chimed in. “His lamp. If you destroy Jafar's lamp, you destroy Jafar.” “Reality check: Jafar is large and in charge. Maybe you have responsibility, but I don't! I'm only responsible for me, myself, and nobody!” “I understand Iago. You've done enough. And thanks!” “Hey, I did my good deed! I don't owe you a thing! You hear me! Not a thing.”

Jafar was again sitting on the throne after so long. “Now that my revenge is complete there is one little matter left to resolve…” “Yes! The wish!” “Indeed. You will now wish me free of this wretched lamp!” “No! My wish! You got what you wanted! Now it's my turn!” Jafar was angry once again and then granted some freebies for Abis Mal just to shut him up. What he didn’t notice was that Genie was trying to stretch his arm to grab the lamp, but it was smashed under a heavy gem. “Now, if it's obscenely excessive enough perhaps you'd care to grant my freedom.”

“Huh? What? Oh, yeah, right. Wish you were free. Sure thing, yeah. I wish for Jafar to be...” Abis Mal stopped. He thought a bit about the repercussions of wishing “Wait... how do I know that these things won't disappear once I set you free?” “The more pressing question is: how will you stay alive if you don't?!” “But you said genies can't kill! You said that!” “You'd be surprised what you can live through.” When Jafar turned around there was Aladdin reaching for the lamp. “The street rat? Still alive? No!” Jafar shot a fireball at Aladdin and Abis Mal, while they were still struggling. They landed on the balcony which had started to crumble. The crumbling was too fast for them and they plummeted into the garden. Abis Mal’s shirt got stuck on a tree still reaching for the lamp. It fell next to another tree. Aladdin tried to grab it but then, the ground split and Jafar reappeared in his Ifrit form. Jafar shot lightning at the tree scaring off Jasmine. Aladdin was again looking up at him. “Give it up, Jafar! We're obviously too much for you to handle!” “You! You're a fool to challenge me! I am all-powerful!” “Some all-powerful. You can't even get rid of a lowly street rat.” “A problem I mean to rectify right now!” The evil genie grabbed Aladdin and began to squeeze him. But it wasn’t before long that the Aladdin he was holding was really Genie in disguise. “Gotcha! Go, Al!” Jafar threw Genie aside, knocking him out. Aladdin tried to get the lamp on Carpet, but again, Jafar zapped them with lightning, turning Carpet into sheet glass. The glass rug broke into fragments. The ground opened up on Aladdin forming a pool of lava as a means to defend the lamp and kill him at the same time. “Give it up, boy! You shall never have my lamp and there is no one to save you this time.

“Hey Jafar! SHUT UP!” There was Iago, wings flapping. He dove towards the lamp, but Jafar zapped him. As the wounded bird struggled to kick the lamp off of the ledge and into the lava, Jafar laughed. “Good help is so hard to find these days. Isn't it, Aladdin?” With his last remaining strength, Iago kicked the lamp off of the ledge and into the lava. "My lamp!!! NOOOOO!!!!!" Aladdin reached for the bird just before his limp body fell into the lava. Jafar was reacting negatively to the destruction of his lamp. He felt pain shoot through his arm and saw his bones appear through his ectoplasmic skin. The boy rushed out and watched with his friends as Jafar’s body turned into a skeleton and exploded into dust. All of Jafar’s deeds as a genie were undone. It would have been a happy occasion, but it was not without sacrifice. “I thought a genie couldn't kill anyone.” A small cough came from the bird. “You'd be surprised what you can live through.” “He’s alive!”

“…And so the bird lived happily ever after wallowing in luxury as Aladdin's palace pal.” Iago was now in a few casts and sitting on the thrown, he was the real hero. “Now, my dear boy, or should I say, my new vizier?” “Oh, say it!” “Sultan, I'm very honored, but...” “But?! What but? ‘But’ is such a strong word!" “I can't be your vizier.” “What?! Sultan, the boy's talking crazy talk! Don't listen! What more do you want?” “The world.”

“Look, personally, I'm with you, kid, but let's take it one step at a time.” “I mean... I want to see the world. I can't just stay in the palace. There's too much to do, too much to see.” “Hey, what about your girlfriend? Do you think that this lovely princess is just going to wait around here?” “I most certainly will not! I'm going to see the world, too.” “OK, that's it! The madness is spreading! Crazy talk! Why do I keep getting hooked up with these warped people? Shouldn't somebody ask what the brave parrot wants to do?”

THE END OF BOOK TWO

“Does this mean I don't get my third wish?”

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Wow. Iago did the right thing in risking his life to save Aladdin. Good deeds don't go without a reward. It's good to see Aladdin turn down being the Sultan's vizier. Jafar finally meeting his end was a relief on the mind. I laughed at the end, when somebody asked about that third wish. On the other hand, it was amusing to see hear this repeated a lot in this last chapter: "You'd be surprised what you can live through." This was a great conclusion to the end of Book Two. Nicely written. Kept me entertained throughout the whole thing, and stuck true to the movie. :)

Tailikku1

Awards
Before we get into book 3, I want to clarify that I am aware that we have a lot of voice actors that are no longer with us that worked on the series, and that I have come up with a way to work it out:

I will list characters who have essentially been "recast" due to certain things (ie death or for the sake of consistency)

CharacterArchiveNewVoice if applicable
SultanXXVal Bettin
GenieXRobin Williams
\\XJim Meskimen
/Brad Sherwood
Genie's AngerXColin Mocherie
Genie's FearXGreg Proops
Genie's CourageXJeff Davis
Genie's WisdomXWayne Brady
Genie's KindnessXJerry Tondo
Genie's Weird-factor
Genie going D'oh
XDan Castellaneta
Genie's LaughterXCharles Adler
KileemXSteve Moffat
Herald
Khartoum
XTony Jay
KhartoumXCorey Burton
Haroud
XKevin Michael Richardson
The Muktar
X
Robin Atkin Downes (yeah John Kasir sounds
too much like Frank Welker)
Sa'luk
XXJeff Bennet/
Jerry Orbach
Ayam AghulXJohn Vickery
MozenrathXQuenton Flynn
The PeddlerXXBruce Adler- Robin Williams/
Corey Burton
Ajed AljebraicXJonny Harris
PhasirXMax von Sydow
Hercules
X
Josh Keaton
The Emperor
X
Pat Morita
Shan Yu
X
Miguel Ferer

Yes, you're wondering why those last two are in here: That little bit in China that took place after a Whole New World was supposed to be during the events of Mulan. So that Mongol that appeared was real Shan Yu. And yes, I did use the Emperor's real name. And he will be in a later episode, which also takes place in China.

Got that?

Good

Last edited:

Tailikku1

Awards
Book 3 Ch. 1 - Hercules and the Arabian Night
Where was he…?

It looked like a dark cavern… Only there was some sort of faint blue light… The source of the light: Umbrae, skiá. The shades of the dead. It was the Underworld that he was in. A skeletal-looking oarsman waited at the front of the long line of umbrae. The skeleton pulled out a bullhorn and spoke into it with an electric feedback. “WeLcOmE aLl tO tHe AcHeRoN uNdErWoRlD fErRy. In ThE uNlIkElY cAsE oF eMeRgEnCy: WhO cArEs?! YoU’rE aLrEaDy DeAd! HaVe A pLeAsAnT tRiP!” “Well… It looks like I may find a potential ally to help get my revenge!”

Sitting at his large chessboard in the shape of the Mediterranean Sea and surrounding countries, Hades, Lord of the Dead and God of the Underworld, was plotting. “’I'm a hero in training... Brrrgg!’” He played with the pieces on the board, all of which were monsters that he had yet to deploy, the Olympians, and amongst others, his own nephew, Hercules. As he moved the pieces, he got angrier and angrier, with his flaming hair burning redder and redder. “I go left, boom- Hercules cuts me off. I fake right- BAM, he intercepts. What do I gotta do to get this muck out of my face?!” The two demons that accompanied him, Pain and Panic, entered the room. “Um, pardon us, oh scheming one…”

“WHAT?!!”

“We're having some difficulty with a new arrival. He doesn't quite...’fit in,’ shall we say?”

“They send us another live one, what?”

“No, no...he he...this is different.”

“Yeah, this one gives us the willies!”

“Chicken minions… Alright, OK, so- what's the riff on the stiff?”

The three went down to the docks outside of his palace. There were all the new arrivals. “Okay, what did he look like?”

“Tall, dark, um... well dressed...”

“And his beard was so...uh....”

“Twisted?”

“I'm assuming that was just a lucky guess... Right?

Hades coughed and pointed the two towards a shade right behind them that matched the description. In fear, the two demons turned into chickens and ran off. And there he was: Jafar, former all-powerful ifrit, reduced to the immortal soul in the shape of the Grand Vizier that he once was.

“Are you in charge here?”

“Hades, Lord of the Underworld, how you doing-your ghost host… hehehe!” Hades held his hand out to Jafar, but he just continued.

“Charmed. You see, there's been a grievous error.”

“Oh, of course, I'm sorry! It's a mistake, of course...! Tell me another one stretch face, now come on... you are, to put it gently, DEAD. Okay? Wrong side of the grass. Let's start focusing on the ‘quality of the afterlife thing’, so why don't you take a little dip in the old River Styx here and sayonara babe, okay?”

“This is an outrage! I am Jafar, the scourge of Agrabah! Once the most powerful sorcerer in the world!” Hades grabbed his nose. “Good for you, you big scary booger-head you! Whoo, booga, booga, booga! Get him outta here, will ya boys?”

Pain and Panic stopped pecking about and changed back into their regular selves and they began to lead him to the Styx. Jafar noticed the chessboard. “What is this? Trying to overthrow someone else's kingdom, hmmm?”

“Yeah, Mt. Olympus actually...” Then he realized something. “’scuse me?”

“I myself endeavored to seize the throne of Agrabah. I was even an all-powerful immortal genie!”

“Something musta gone way wrong, don't you think pal?”

“An impudent young street rat named Aladdin interfered and unraveled all my carefully laid plans of deceit and conquest!”

“Really? You don't say? Hey, uh, do you like ambrosia?”

After lunch, if you could call it lunch, Hades and Jafar exchanged stories of past defeats. “So Jerkules actually carries the sun out of here, and Zeus wins again. This kid is driving me meshugenah. He even got his chariot license doing that!” “This foe actually lifted the sun?” “Yeah, lousy demigod strength, if he had a brain, then he'd be dangerous.”

“Well, after Aladdin and his trickery, a muscle bound ox like Hercules will be child's play.

“Oh really? You care to back that up, you stiff?”

“In a heartbeat. Which I don't have in so far as I am dead… Of course, you could remedy that.”

Hades pondered a bit about this. “Eh, what have I got to lose? OK, bro!” He grabbed the spectral form of Jafar’s snake staff and twirled it around. “You're back, with a vengeance!” He handed the staff back, where it turned into an actual king cobra. It snaked its way around Jafar and within seconds, he was flesh and blood again.

“Yes...yes, I am alive again! And ready to exact my revenge upon Aladdin!” Jafar made lightning crackle from his staff as he laughed evilly. “What is that, like a bronchial thing? As long as you hold that staff, you are flesh and blood - emboldened, empowered with incredible magic..yadda yadda yadda…” To demonstrate, he took the staff out of Jafar’s hand and watched as he became a ghost again. “Hello? Priorities babe? All right? First you take care of Jerkules, then you are free to 'skitter off and have your stinky little revenge', ha ha... You got it?”

“Oh, yes, of course... forgive my... eagerness.”

Meanwhile on the surface, Hercules was going through an obstacle course wearing a set of leather armor and red sweatband. He climbed over walls, grunting. A dragon popped up, he sliced through it with his gladius. A group of minotaurs appeared, he pole-vaulted over them, swung back, and punched their heads in. Phil stood nearby, holding a clipboard and obviously grading Hercules on his efforts. Hercules punched through wooden monsters, swung across a pit and knocked down one last monster. Herc panted. “Not too bad, huh? Took 'em all out with hardly a scratch.”

“All of them?”

A monster body close-by suddenly punched out and hit Herc, throwing him to the ground with his head stuck in a large sand pile. He pulled his head out. “That's what happens when you just barrel your way through, rookie. You got a good head on your shoulders. Start using it or you'll get in real trouble some day!”

Suddenly, large monsters appeared - a griffin and a minotaur - and they're headed straight at Herc and Phil. Another dragon-type head popped in at the corner. Phil backed away but was flicked to the side by the minotaur. The minotaur then grabbed Herc and started squeezing. “Uh, okay Phil...ah, I get the point...”

“Don’t look at me, I didn’t do this!”

Evil laughter rang out. A blood-red cloud appeared in the sky next to the monsters. Lighting flashed, and lava boiled up from the earth. It shot up hundreds of feet into the air, and then hardens as Jafar popped up to stand on it. “But I did. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Jafar, the greatest sorcerer the world has ever known!” He pointed his staff and red laser streams shot out, headed Herc’s way. Herc broke free and fell to the ground. The lasers hit the monster instead. “I’m just getting warmed up!” Jafar shot more lasers at Herc, as he barely dodged them. “Not particularly agile, are you?” More lasers were shot. Herc dodged them only to end up with his cape in the jaws of a griffin. “No, but I hang in there!”

“Jehck-oo khookhoo! What are you doing? Use your head!” “No helping, you old goat!” Jafar shot lasers at Phil, causing the satyr to duck into an apple bush, coming out comically signed and with an apple in his mouth. The griffin, with Herc’s cape in its mouth, tossed back its head to throw Herc up and swallow him. Herc punched the monster and then landed on the ground. He made a run for Phil's house (which was an enormous head, once piece of a statue that is now hollowed out for those that don't know). He picked it up and began running through the monsters with it. He knocked them all out of the way as he made his way to Jafar. He hit the last of the monsters out of the way, and then made his way up the hill to where Jafar stood. Jafar, looking scared, quickly tried to blast him, but missed. Herc continued running, until he reached Jafar, throwing the head on top of him. The monsters that were barely recovering from being hit with a huge iron head and turned to sand. Phil came back out, eating the apple. “Ha, all right! How was that Phil?” “I said use your head - not my house!”

Hades sat in the same chair as before, as Jafar plummeted from the ceiling, obviously the earth, and hit the ground with his cape over his head and his staff clattering besides him. “Kid packs a punch, huh?”

“I was... ill-prepared. I never had to worry about strength like that, dealing with mortals.”

“Wha-ho, wait a minute, hold on... Mortals? This Aladdin yutz you've been going on and on about is a mere MORTAL?”

“Well, yes... but a very clever one.”

“Oh! A clever mortal! Mommy, hold my hand, I'm scared! Hey, Jafar babe, face it - your boy is strictly amateur-hour!”

You insolent cur! In battle Aladdin would shame and humiliate you!”

“OK, number one: This is my turf. I'm the one who does the voice raising here.” He demonstrated with his flaming hair turning red and then back to blue. And number two, just 'cause it'll be worth a chuckle or two: I'll take on your boy Aladdin, all right. And what's more, I will beat him.”

“Doubtful…”

“Oh yeah, you just keep thinking that, okay. In the meantime, Jafy, may I call you Jafy, babe? Let me show you how you're missing the villain boat here, okay? First of all - you da man, you know what I'm saying? The big-bad dude. So you gotta use a minion or two.”

“I had a minion. A treacherous parrot!” He was still angry at Iago for his treason that cost him his lamp, his immortality, and his power.

“Not a pet. A min-ion. Pain, Panic, come here!” The demons came in and stood in attention. “Nice, huh? Now, uh, I give 'em some kind of boiler-plate instructions, right? You know, bow before me... Spread my evil...eliminate Aladdin with extreme prejudice...blah-ya-blah, got it boys?”

“None shall avert us from your dark intentions, your solicitousness!” Both did his instructions at the moment and headed up to the mortal plane. Not the best examples maybe, but hey - I never get my hands dirty and they're house-broken. Usually.” Hades conjured up a smoke ball, which parted showing the image of Agrabah in all of its splendor. Pain and Panic were in disguise as two merchants. Pain was wearing purple and Panic wore green. Pain asked what were the things he was wearing around his waist. Normally when they were disguised as mortals, they wore togas. Panic pointed out that they were wearing something called “pants.” They doubted that they would catch on. Well… unless the Fates had anything to say that is. They looked at a piece of papyrus that was a sort of “rap sheet”. After studying carefully, they merged into a two-headed dragon and grabbed the first person that matched the description of cool fez, purple vest, and no shirt. That someone was Abu.

“He doesn't look very...heroic.”

“Appearances can be deceiving. I'm Aladdin.” The demons turned around and there was Aladdin, with a scimitar in his belt. Right beside him was Jasmine. “I think you have our monkey.”

That’s Aladdin? Hmm, we'll have to update the database.” Pain and Panic began their advance, but Aladdin was too quick for them, flying by on Carpet. After the dust settled, Pain and Panic were separate again and were KO’d. “What is this thing? I've never seen anything like it.” He reached out to touch the two, but like they did nearly 15 years ago in the outskirts of Tyrins, they turned into snakes and began to constrict Aladdin. “This time we really got ya!” “Ah! Okay! Okay! You guys win, all right! Uh, look do whatever you want to me... just don't take my lamp!”

He held out the lamp, still the same golden color as it was when he freed Genie. “Why? What's in the lamp?” “Probably something trés-cool!” “Give it!

It devolved into a game of keep-away. Pain and Panic finally got hold of the lamp. Pain began rubbing it greedily. “I wish for a higher pain-tolerance!” Panic lifted the top part of the lamp off, and Genie popped out. “I’m a freed genie, you fools!” He sucker punched the two demons and they went flying, all the way back to the Underworld. Jafar and Hades were still waiting. The demons crashed to the ground. Jafar chuckled. “Well, that was indeed worth a chuckle... but I couldn't help but notice that Aladdin is still alive!”

“You win. The kid is trickier than I thought.” Hades turned back to the chessboard. “All right, let's see... where to put the Hydra...hmm...”

“That's it? Aladdin humiliated you! Don't you want your revenge?!”

“Uh, yeah, sure, okay. How 'bout I rule the cosmos first, and then I'll take it, okay? Priorities, Jafar, okay? Eyes on the prize babe.”

“Bah! The only prize I value is Aladdin's head! But I just can't defeat that boy!” And he formed an idea. An awful idea. A wonderful awful idea. “Hmm, maybe I don't have to defeat him... Tell me, Hades... what happens when one hero fights another hero?”

“Mayhem...chaos...uh... collateral damage, nice...but, uh, how would that start?”

“Well, what if Aladdin and Hercules were to have some sort of terrible misunderstanding? With the proper motivation...”
Hades finally got it. “Oh, they would fight until they destroyed each other! I like it!” “Ah! Yes, yes! I shall have my revenge!” Jafar laughed evilly yet again. “What's with the laughing? What, what is that? Who does that help? Huh?” “Eh, it punctuates my evil. It's a flourish.” “I don’t get it…”

Abu wandered about the market, getting some medicine to help with Iago’s bad condition. It was only a few days since they killed Jafar but the bird hadn’t fully recovered yet. They even signed him up for a health insurance, which somehow involved a Pekin duck and a name similar to Aladdin’s… Aflac? As he was putting the herbs and spices into a small wallet that Aladdin gave him, his attention was directed to a trail of Gros Michel bananas. As soon as he went into the alleyway they went into, everything went dark.

On the opposite side of the Mediterranean, Icarus, Herc’s best friend at the Academy, was yet again thinking of Cassandra. Give it up kid... she’s not right for you. He then spotted a trail of bananas… wait has this happened before? “Wow, this is my lucky day! Oh man, I am gonna be sitting pretty in bananas! Potassium gold, baby!” Everything went dark as he was clobbered over the head. When he came to, he was chained up next to a monkey in the Underworld. Abu was angrily screeching. “I don't know what your sicko game is, but I'll tell you what I do know: my pal Herc will not quit until- Whoa! Monkey! Cool!”

“This is Hercules' best friend?”

“Hey, at least he doesn't spend his days picking fleas out of his fur.”

“That's true. As far as you know. Anyway, Herc will not quit until he's rescued me from your vile clutches, buddy!” Abu screeched. “Aladdin, too!”

“Oh, we're counting on your friends rushing off to the rescue. Isn't that right, Hades?!”

“Look, why don't you just hold that 'till we win, then you can dance around the end zone and just whoop it up!”

Herc was standing where Icarus was before he saw the bananas, right in the middle of school. Where could he be? Suddenly he was encountered by an unfamiliar old man. It was Jafar in his old prisoner disguise again. “Icarus, did you say boy? I believe that was the name of the lad that got kidnapped. Yes! Whisked away on a flying carpet to Agrabah! A young rogue named Aladdin did the deed!”

“Well I don't know who this Aladdin is, but he picked the wrong guy to kidnap!”

“Show no mercy!” Hades appeared after Herc rushed off, tearing the fake beard off. “What is this, a budget-cut? Hey, if you need some petty cash, just ask, okay?” “Give me that!” Jafar poofed back into his vizier garb. “It's up to your miserable minions now.”

“Hey, trust me, deceit they can do.”

Back in Agrabah, Aladdin searched high and low for his missing friend, even going far as to search the stage where he met the thieving performers last year. All of the sudden, he was attacked by a shadowy entity that looked like a smaller version of Minos, Pain and Panic in a bad Hercules disguise. “Forget every seeing your monkey pal again, Aladdin! I, Hercules, the scourge of Athens, took him! He's gonna make a nice throw-rug! Ha, ha, ha!” “Herc” ran off, prompting Al to give chase on Carpet. Then he bumped into a boy. He looked like the shadow entity. “Hercules! It takes a lot of nerve to kidnap someone's best friend!” “Ha! Nobody knows that better than you, Aladdin!”

A fist fight broke out between the two boys. Phil and Pegasus were nearby watching with Jasmine. He nervously inched closer to Jasmine. “I'd like to introduce myself. Philoctetes, trainer of-“ “I’m engaged.” “Oh! Sorry ma'am.” The fight between the two boys continued. It lead to an all-out chase through Agrabah just like when the Omar called for the guards a few months prior. “I can get you out of this - if you tell me where Abu is.” “Ah...I-I don't know what you're talking about!” “Well, then you think about it under a ton of rubble. Bye!” “Ah, I don't care about me, but.. let my friend Icarus go!” “Your friend? Uh oh, I think there's been a big mistake.” He was right. While they were fighting and chasing, they ended up in a condemned building and it started to collapse on them.

Jafar and Hades were watching the entire scene. They saw Jasmine, Phil, Pegasus and Carpet all hunched over at the sight of the ruined building. The two villains were both laughing now, with one arm around each other, happy to see both their enemies fall. “Hey, you know this is kinda fun, ya I mean I like it... it's that Orthodox baptism that the Turks are talking about.”

Phil looked at the rubble. There goes another potential hero. First Jason, then Ulysses, then Achilles. Just then, the sound of bricks shaking was heard: Herc was lifting the building up. The armor-clad youth lifted Aladdin out of the bricks. “Thanks.” Jasmine hurried over and hugged Aladdin. “Jasmine, I don't think Hercules kidnapped Abu.” “And I'm pretty sure Aladdin didn't grab Icarus.” Phil piped in, rubbing his “goat-tee,” “So, this was a set-up?” Jasmine wondered who would want the two to fight each other. “I don't know. Maybe that Jafar guy.” The name brought shock to both street-rat and princess. “But he’s dead…” “Well, he sure seemed alive when he attacked me… Unless…”

As if by divine intervention, one of Zeus’s thunderbolts struck Phil, giving him the information he needed. “Hades, Lord of the Dead! He’s the mastermind behind this!” “They must of thought we'd crush each other.” Aladdin walked to Herc and extended his hand. “Hey, let's try this again. I'm Aladdin.” “Hey, I'm Hercules. Good to meet ya.” The two heroes shook hands. Pegasus meanwhile took a liking to Carpet, who was petting him. Even Genie and Phil took to liking each other. After all introductions were done, Aladdin asked the all important question “So, where do we find our friends?” “They gotta be in the Underworld. But we go in there, they'll throw everything they got at us.”

“It's worth the risk to save Abu. Let's go.” Aladdin and Jasmine boarded Carpet, but Herc stopped them.

“Hold on. I want to save my buddy too, but...maybe there's a smarter way than just barreling in...”
Genie poofed a diploma and mortarboard onto Herc. “That's right! He can be taught!!”

Back in the Underworld, Icarus and Abu were still chained up. “Oh, monkey...my buddy Herc is gone.. all is lost! Hey, what are you doing?” “Shh!” Abu was trying to pick the locks with his set of picks. “Oh.. right...escape plan, yes monkey, yes...I'll keep it on the QT... or as you might say, eek eek.” Abu gave Icarus a dirty look for stooping to that stereotype.

Meanwhile, Hades was back to the chessboard eating, pita chips and drinking an Infernal Martini. “Then a gorgon hits them from the side, bring in the river guardian and bata-bing! Olympus is mine, oh yes!”

“Delightful. And then perhaps we could turn our attention toward Agrabah...”

“Small potatoes, what - Agrabah - what you want to be a sultan when you could be a god? Jafar... Lord of the Dead, huh, what do you think, huh, you like that?”

“Hmm, intriguing... May I redecorate?”

“Yeah, sure, what do I care, throw up some drapes.”
Pain and Panic came rushing in shouting that Herc and Aladdin survived and were headed this way. Jafar and Hades looked out the eye-socket of a window to see two figures flying on Pegasus and Carpet. “Okay, now...don't panic. Heroes burst in all the time down here... So, hey, why don't you take care of it, a little, you know, 'On the Job Training', what do you say, okay?”

“My pleasure!”

The figure that was assumed to be Aladdin ran up to Jafar and dodged more lasers. He blasted Carpet, encasing the figure and the rug in ice. He likewise encircled Pegasus and his rider in a ring of fire. “Haha! You're clumsiness will be your undoing, Hercules! Get the point?!”

“That might work, Jafar. If I were Hercules!” It was Aladdin that was on Pegasus. He jumped off the horse and rushed over to the block of ice. It shattered, releasing Hercules and Carpet. After one last struggle, Herc grabbed the snake staff and smashed it. Jafar screamed in agony as the souls of the Acheron dragged him under.

“Good plan, Herc! Phil would be proud.”

“Oh, that's just fine, you know. I mean, I knew that Jafar guy was a jerk. I mean, what could be more aggravating than this?!” His answer was met by Icarus and Abu trying to nerve-pinch him. “I'll tell you what, okay? Drop it right now and I won't make you permanent residents!”

Out of the Underworld, Aladdin and Herc caught up with the rest of the gang. “Thanks a lot, Hercules. You're gonna be one great hero. In fact I think I know who to invite to my wedding…” Herc blushed, part of a wedding huh? At least this one has nothing to do with starting a war with Troy. Carpet flew off carrying his friends back home to Agrabah. Icarus turned to Herc and mounted Pegasus. “Herc, can we get a monkey?
“No…” “Come on, monkey?” “No, Icarus…”

Will this be the last time that we see Hercules? Who knows?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Jafar and Hades were my two favorite characters in this story. A shame they couldn't win against Hercules and Aladdin. I like how they schemed together. Panic and Pain sure know how to prove they're the better minion than Iago. Hands down this was my favorite chapter/side story that I've read in awhile. =D

Tailikku1

Awards
And now for a chapter based on an audio book.

Book 3 Ch. 2 - Iago Returns

Time passed following Aladdin’s team up with Hercules and Jafar’s third and presumably final defeat. In the months following, Aladdin was enrolled by the Sultan for a sort of royal training. One such extra measure was the Sultan hiring a foreign dignitary, Fassad, the Royal Chief of Etiquette. It was on one afternoon that Fassad decided that now was the time to teach Aladdin the royal bow. There was a snag in this though: Every time Aladdin attempted to bow, Abu slid across the marble flow and distracted the future sultan.

“Abu! Look out!” *Shatter!* “Oops! There goes another vase, only 2742 to go!”

Fassad clenched his fists. “For the thousandth time, try the bow again, boy.”

Aladdin scowled at Fassad. “And for the thousandth time, my name is ‘Aladdin,’ not ‘boy’… I can’t take much more of this.”

Meanwhile Jasmine was in her sitting room, being fitted into a gown by her dressmaker, Daleene.

“Oh, Daleene, I’m so sick of going to these parties. All I do is act like a decoration.”

“Princess, you shouldn’t be distracted by such foolishness.”

“But I’m tired of people expecting me to just look pretty and do nothing. Aladdin would understand. I wonder where he is…”

And with that, Jasmine walked out of the room, leaving Daleene alone with her pin cushion and measuring tape.
Jasmine found Aladdin in the Great Hall, looking very unhappy. “Aladdin, this place is driving me crazy.”

“I’d never thought I’d say this, but it’s getting to me too.”

“Then let’s go away, just the two of us.”

“Can we do that? What’s your father going to say?”

“I’ll explain it to him. He’ll understand. But no one else has to know–especially Abu, you know he’ll want to go. Now what about Iago? Remember what Father said…”

“I’ll take care of Iago. You meet me by the front gate at dawn.”

At dawn the next morning, Jasmine silently waited for Aladdin by the palace gates. Just as she was about to give up, she spied him hurrying toward her with something hidden under his cloak.

“Sorry I’m late!”

“What took you so long?”

“I ran into a slight problem”

“Oh?”

“I’ll tell you about it later. C’mon. Let’s not waste any more time. That haywagon is heading out of town… Let’s hide in it!” Aladdin dashed into the street, and Jasmine hurried after him.

As Agrabah faded into the distance, Aladdin and Jasmine fell asleep in the back of the haywagon.

“ACHOO!”

“Uh? Wha-? Gesundheit.”

“That wasn’t me, Aladdin.”

Suddenly Iago peeked out of Aladdin’s cloak. “I can’t breath in here.”

“Aladdin! What is that bird doing here?!”

“Iago, I told you to wait until I had a chance to tell her!”

“Look, I’m allergic to hayseed, OK?”

“Jasmine, your father said I had to keep an eye on him while he heals, remember?”

“Iago’s going to ruin our trip. I just don’t trust him.”

“Me? Ruin your trip? I’ll improve it! After all, where have you two been besides Agrabah? I’m the guy who knows the hit spots.”

“We don’t need your help, thank you.”

“Jasmine, give him a break. I mean he did save our lives a few months ago.”

“Oh, all right. But if he tries anything, he’s tiger-food!”

Suddenly the driver spun around. “Hey! What are you–Out of my wagon now!” The three quickly jumped out of the wagon, and the driver took off, leaving them in the middle of the desert.

Hours later, they were still trudging across the hot desert. Finally they came to a tent that said, “Raschid’s Rent-a-Flying-Creature.” A man in a white robe came out. “You need transportation? I got a special today on pegasi. They come with air bags and anti-lock hooves.”

“What a relief! Aladdin, give him some coins.”

“Uh, I didn’t bring any.”

Iago began rummaging through his pouch for some change. Raschid spotted a large diamond in the pocket of the pouch, and he snatched it away.

“Hey! Wait a minute!”

“Sorry. Beggars can’t be choosers. No refunds on Daily Specials.”

Very carefully, Aladdin, Jasmine, and Iago mounted the enchanted horse. Then with a single beat of its giant wings, the horse lifted off the ground and sailed across the sky. Far below them, the desert stretched on for miles in all directions. Iago studied the map, but they flew on and on without seeing anything. Finally Iago took out a beautiful jeweled necklace out of his pouch. One jewel was missing — the diamond.

“Iago, did you take that from the palace?”

“No, it was in the lamp, with Jafar. I thought I might need it for personal emergency. And according to this map, that’s now. We’re going nowhere. But I can fix that.”
Aladdin was puzzled. “How?”

“With Queen Scheherazade’s necklace.”

Jasmine whirled around. “Queen Scheherazade? I’ve read about her. She kept her husband, Shahryar, spellbound by telling him stories for 1001 nights. But I never heard about her necklace.”

“She wore it when she told her stories, and it absorbed all their magic. It’s supposed to transport you place. So let’s see, first I touch the ruby…”

The necklace’s jewels began to glow, and the sky shook with thunder.

Before they knew what was happening, our trio found themselves on the deck over of a huge sailing ship. For across the ship, a thin man in a captain’s uniform marched up to Aladdin. “Come, Sinbad, it’s your turn to steer the ship.”

“Uh… sure.”

As Aladdin was led away, he signaled Iago and Jasmine to follow. But a mean sailor got in their way. “Who are you?”

“Friends of Sinbad’s”

“Sinbad never brings friends on his journeys. It’s dangerous to go alone.” He motioned to another sailor. “Lock these stowaways in the brig.”

Later that night, when everyone was asleep, Aladdin sneaked down to where Jasmine and Iago were in chains. “If there’s one thing I still know how to do…” Aladdin quickly picked the locks.

As soon as they were free, Aladdin wanted to use the necklace, but Jasmine grabbed his arm. “Wait. Iago has something to tell you, don’t you, Iago?”

“Uh… yeah. I think were in one of Scheherazade’s stories. Without that diamond, the necklace is, well, on the blink.”

“Then it’s too dangerous to use that thing. Who knows where we’ll end up! There’s a lifeboat on deck we can use. C’mon!”

Aladdin, Jasmine, and Iago rowed and rowed to a dark tropical island. As they set off through the jungle, Jasmine was reminded of another story in the 1001 Arabian Nights.

“I hate to say this, but I seem to remember an island in one of Queen Scheherazade’s stories, and everyone in the story was captured by a giant one-eyed monster called a cyclops.”

“Well, it seems pretty safe here — WHOAAAAAAA!!!”

Suddenly they were snapped up in a net, and were dangling 10-yards off the ground. A giant, one-eyed monster was ogling them and smacking his lips.

Jasmine shrunk back against the net. “I think we’re his supper.”

“Jasmine, Iago, look! There’s a hole in this net! We can escape!”

“But he’s huge. Wherever we go, he’ll see use.”

“AAAWWWK! He’s trying to grab me! OUCH! He’s got my wing! Make a run for it, you two, I’ll distract him.”

As Aladdin and Jasmine dropped through the hole in the net, Iago turned to the one-eyed brute. “Hey, I’ve got something to show you. Come here. Real close-like…”
*POKE*
Iago jabbed his beak into the Cyclops’ eye, flying quickly over to Aladdin and Jasmine. “Come on, let’s go.”

“How’d you get away?”

“He has an eye the size of a cantaloupe. I got a sharp beak. Bada bing, bada boom! Figure it out yourself.”

“That doesn’t sound too nice.”

“Yeah, well, neither does roast parrot.”

At that moment, the ground began to shake, and a pair of Cyclopes joined the first, having healed his eye. The brutes began thundering through the jungle. Aladdin, Jasmine, and Iago took off, but they felt the Cyclopes having a gain on them. “What should we do now?”

Iago tossed Aladdin the pouch. “What do you think? USE THE NECKLACE!”

“Are you sure – Oh no!”

Aladdin dropped the necklace, and all the jewels fell out. With danger only seconds away, Aladdin slid and grabbed the jewels. Jasmine pointed to a steep path through the trees. They climbed step by step, taking them into the mountains. Suddenly they found themselves cornered in a canyon. Aladdin hastily put the jewels in and pressed each one, but nothing happened..

“Aladdin, I think you’ve got the jewels in the wrong order. I’m sure the emerald is supposed to go next to the sapphire.”

Aladdin switched the two jewels, but this time, when he pressed them Abu suddenly appeared, holding the diamond that Raschid took from Iago.

“ABU! Where’d you…? How’d you swipe the diamond? Did you follow us to Raschid’s? Give me the diamond, Abu. Maybe the necklace will work this time.” But Abu clutched the diamond tightly and looked sorely at Aladdin.

“Abu, don’t be mad. This was supposed to be a trip for just Jasmine and me.”
Abu scowled at Iago.

“I had to bring Iago. You heard what I promised the Sultan. C’mon, help us out.” Aladdin gently put his arm around the little monkey, and Abu shyly turned over the diamond. As the Cyclopes entered the canyon, there was no one to be found.

This time the necklace took them to a valley of rocks. There was a trail that cut through the rocks with a sign that said:
Valley of Insults
Proceed at your own risk
Fountain of Truth: 5 mi. →

Iago bristled. “This is gonna suck. I have a bad feeling about this.”

“What choice do we have? We don’t know the right order of the jewels and how to get back home.”

“The Fountain of Truth can tell us the right order. Come on. Let’s give it a try. Sticks and stones.”
Cautiously, the four entered the valley, which began to resonate with insults. “If it isn’t Aladdin, the street rat, and his clumsy pet, Abu.”

“Fassad?! It must be the stones. Don’t listen, Abu!”

“Yes, it’s the stones, Abu. But you’re too stupid to understand!”

Abu turned to answer Fasaad’s voice and was instantly petrified!

Jasmine grabbed his arm. “Don’t turn around! Keep going!”
“Well, Aladdin, you’re really a total failure, aren’t you, boy? Couldn’t even save your monkey. Are you listening, BOY!?

Before Jasmine could stop him, Aladdin turned in the direction of the insults and was immediately petrified. Jasmine went on. Iago hopped along after Jasmine. “They can’t get to me, they’re amateurs.”

They may be amateurs, but I’m not, you traitor!”

“Jafar!”

“Remember how I told you that I bought you from a wealthy plantation owner? I LIED! Your parents left you to rot outside of a condemned camel stable.”

“That’s not true, you sonuva-!” Iago met the same fate as the others. Shaking and scared for her life, Jasmine kept walking,. The rocks now sounded like a chorus of harem girls. “You’re next, princess.” “Those shoes with that outfit? They look like she’s going bowling!” “Where’d you get them, the bargain bazaar?” “Yeah and her hair. If it gets, she can wear it as a fur coat!” “Poor princess!” “She can never survive in the real world.” “Everything has to be done for her!” Jasmine refused to listen to the insults, she kept running, eyes focused at the end of the valley. She finally made it to the Fountain of Truth, tears streaking down her cheeks. The fountain procured a silver chalice, filled with its holy waters. Jasmine knelt before it and prayed for a sign. “Fountain! How can I use the necklace to save my friends and return home?”

The voice of the Angel Amitiel spoke from the fountain. “First you must drink from the waters of this fountain and take some of it to your friends. Then put the jewels in the necklace in the same order that you see here.”

“Oh, thank you, angel!”

After a long, cold drink, Jasmine filled the chalice and slowly carried it back through the valley to her friends. This time the rocks spoke nothing. As soon as she gave them some of the water, her friends came back to life. Before Iago could say anything more, Jasmine smiled. “I should thank you for helping us on this trip. I guess you really have changed.”

“Yeah, but if this is your idea of a good time, find yourself another parrot.”

“All I wish for now, Iago, is that we get home safely.” Jasmine told the necklace from Aladdin, rearranged the jewels, and put it around her neck.

That evening, Aladdin and Jasmine strolled through the palace.

“Jasmine, I’ve gotta know how you made it through those rocks. Didn’t their insults get to you?”

“You know what they say, ‘If you can’t say anything nice…’”

Just then Fasaad entered the room. “Ah, Aladdin! Jasmine! Queen Scheherazade V has arrived and, of course, neither of you are ready!”

“Queen Scheherazade V? We have just the present for her, don’t we, jasmine? Oh, and Iago, of course. Abu, give me the necklace. Abu, come back here! Abu! Watch out for…” *Crash* ”the vase.”

Tailikku1

Awards
Book 3 Ch. 3 - Air Featherd Friends
Setting: The Marketplace. It had been a few weeks following the little vacation that Aladdin, Jasmine, Iago, and Abu took. Fazaal stood in front of Omar's fruit stand. “At these prices, your fruit should be covered with jewels.” “Ah-ha, but then, they wouldn't be as delicious!” Omar went to pick up a banana to but was intercepted by Abu, a full gros Michel in his mouth forming a comedic smile. “You thieving little monster!” Fazaal drew his sword only for Abu to dodge the attack by jumping onto Fazaal's turban. Omar threw a tomato, which hit Fazaal in the face. Abu ran, but was stopped when he crashed into Aladdin's leg.

“In trouble again, Abu?” “He's got banana on his breath.” Omar finally arrived at Aladdin’s location, but the boy paid for the stolen fruit. “If Abu were hungry, he'd climb a tree and eat dates for free!” “Mmm, free dates!” Fazaal was thinking with his stomach again.

A strong wind blew through. Captain Razoul shouted an order: “Get those gates closed!” Guards Hakim and Nahbi managed to close and lock the city gates but a large gust of broke the gates and threw the guards in multiple directions; three whirlwinds entered the city. Everyone ran in panic saying that it was work of Pazuzu. The whirlwinds started to the damage the city. The mini-cyclones swirled through and stole everything that was not nailed down. When the guards tried to make a firm stand, they were knocked over like bowling pins. The whirlwinds left the city as they had entered it.

Aladdin stepped over the fallen guards. “Don't just sit there, they're getting away!” “Good. Let Pazuzu’s minions leave!” “They weren't demons, they were thieves! They stole everything!” Razoul stood up, untangling the strands of his turban. “How do you explain thieves that hide in the wind?” “I don't know, but I bet a sand gnat could figure it out, with a little bit of effort.” Razoul made the “sand-gnat’s” bet: If Aladdin won then Fazaal would be picking dates for Abu for the rest of the month. If he lost, then Fazaal would keep Abu. “I will want to see this proof when you return... or your friend is ours.”

Aladdin and his crew were speeding through the desert on Carpet. Abu was not too impressed that he was… “Hold it! Stop everything! Did you risk Abu on a bet?” Genie popped out of his lamp after his month-long spring cleaning. He morphed into a Marlon Brando-like monkey. “You must show respect to the simian family. Be good to Abulio or you could wake up sleeping with fishes.” Aladdin dismissed this and Genie morphed back into his usual blue self. “Oh, forget what I said then.” “Can you tell us which way they went, Genie?” “I got a fix on 'em, due north! Buckle up and let's jet!” Genie magicked a jet and it sped off surpassing the distance of the three whirlwinds. The Carpet stopped abruptly launching Genie. “Smooth flight... but the re-entry could use work.” Aladdin tied a lasso out of a hemp rope, hoping to trip them up. They just sped on by.

“Go ahead and run, you cowards!” The whirlwinds stopped; an arm holding a sword came out of each. The whirlwinds leapt into the air, spinning like propellers, and came back toward the gang “Nice going, Mr. Deathwish.” Genie began to pump himself up. “Time to get these gales a taste of their own medicine!” He blew with a force hard enough to knock out the whirlwinds, to reveal… “Those are Abis Mal's thugs!” One of the thugs leapt into the air and tried to grab a golden feather. Another one grabbed him, as they spun off.

The winds were powerful enough to blow the plumage off of Iago’s lower body. “Oh, perfect. Could we leave the bird a little dignity” Then his eyes caught sight of the feather. Abu grumbled about this. “…what's with him?” Genie’s head turned into Razoul’s “I will want to see this proof when you return... or your friend is ours.” “Oh… Funny, Iago. I never noticed you wearing gold before.” “Must be that new cream rinse I'm using. Now back off! You greedy... I hope Al loses the bet.”

Abu waved the feather, having nabbed from Iago, a whirlwind formed around him. Surprised, Abu fell out of the air and onto Iago. “So, this is how those thugs spin like whirlwinds!”

Genie turned into an 8-bit Link and opened a Treasure Chest. A musical fanfare played as text was displayed saying:

You've got the Roc's Feather! It feels like your body is a lot lighter!

“Rocks have feathers?” “Not like rocks in your head! Roc, like the legendary giant bird! And I mean giant! They got wings big enough to blot out the sun! Baby birds are protected by those wind feathers until they can fly.” Abu hopped on Carpet and gestured for the others to join him “What's the rush? Imagine the look on Razoul's face when we return with proof and the stolen loot.” “And imagine the look on my face when Abis Mal fries my gizzard!” A small tug of war broke out, splitting the feather in two. Genie turned and commented. “Hello, Abis Mal.”

“I'm sorry, Abis Mal, oh great one! We were attacked by Aladdin and his genie.” “But you had feathers! What is it with Aladdin? Do I foil his plans? Whatever, fine. No torture today. But tomorrow, I lop off your heads.”

Abis Mal walked away, contemplating. “I show them mercy! And what do they want!? FORGIVENESS!” Haroud emerged from behind a pillar and joined him “If you keep disposing of your men, Sir, you won't have any left.” “Do I tell you how to do your job?” “Yes, you do.” “That's... that's because it's my job to tell you!” The two bandits walked through the Temple of the Tiger God to a large stable. “Just wait till Agrabah trembles at my feet! I'll rule it like... uh... like.... um, some big ruler guy! With a hat!” “Ahh, yes, the plan. Well, let's hope it's every bit as successful as the test run.” “Test run? It was a couple of guys. Let's see that kid and his genie fight a whole army of whirlwinds!” A large ear-splitting shriek filled the air. Abis Mal had caught himself a Roc chick!

Aladdin’s team waited until night fell to storm the Temple. Sneaking inside, they overheard Abis Mal and Haroud talking. “Sir, I agree we should use our magical resources to do away with that no good Aladdin, once and for all! But may I suggest working on your aim? Thanks to your little misdirected deep sleep spell, I dozed through half my…” “Next time I see that Aladdin, bam! I'll hit him with my ‘turn a man inside out’ spell! Which is where…” While Abis Mal and Haroud were chatting, Genie snuck behind them and nabbed a key and a whistle. Abis Mal then found the spell scroll in question. “Just remember to look away this time.” “Eeugh... the nightmares.”

“I don't know about you guys, but I don't look so good inside out.” Genie reappeared. “Sorry, Al, no feathers. But I found some keys and this neat whistle.” “Keep it down, they're still out there.” They found the stable with the Roc chick in an iron cage. The baby was crying. “Oh, poor bird... There must be some way we can help it escape.” “Yeah, it is a killer, but you promised the monkey just one feather. I mean, me, I'm here, but it wouldn't be fair to Abu if we didn't leave right this very second.” Abu was too busy with the bird. “Ohh, poor birdie...” “You'd risk your freedom to save the baby?” Abu nodded yes, but Iago was less than thrilled. “Just because you've got nothing to live for but picking dates, I want my internal organs to stay internal!” Genie shushed Iago, warning of being found out. Abis Mal made it clear by coughing. “Say hello to your guts! Where did I...” “Just call the guards.” “Just call the... GUARDS!!!”
Genie took the baby, Chocobo-style out of the temple. It seemed almost like a repeat from several months prior with Aladdin, Abu, Carpet, and Iago surrounded by Abis Mal and his thugs. The baby fought back by spinning, forgetting that Genie was on her. As a last ditch effort, Genie blasted the non-magicals out of the hideout, with the Roc in tow. Abis Mal was speechless. “...they took my bird. I'm bird-less.” As his ace-in-a-hole, he pulled out a few Roc’s Feathers and launched the party with a tornado. “You do realize you just blew them back to Agrabah?” “Agrabah... ye-ye-yes! That was... purely intentional! I want Aladdin to be there when his kingdom crumbles! Nyeh heh heh! So, gather the men and go crumble it, ok?” “I am honored, great one. I assure you Agrabah will tremble at my feet.” “…no, no!! MY FEET! If any trembling happens, right here!” “As you wish.”
The party ended up OK, after coughing up some sand. A shadow fell over the group. It was Razoul, with a smug look on his face. “Oh, did Pazuzu give you a little trouble, sand gnat?” “It wasn’t Pazuzu! Abis Mal and his men were using Roc feathers to become whirlwinds, but we—” “- --rocks have feathers?” “Oh, now don't be so skeptical, Fazaal. I'm sure Aladdin can convince us... with his proof.” “...well, I don't have any, really, but it's true! And—” “--and a bet is a bet. Or is the honor of Aladdin just another empty boast?” Fazaal leashed Abu. “There we go, my little date picker!” Aladdin and Carpet hunched over and were saddened. Abu, was about to enter the city gate, and he turned to look at Aladdin one last time. He wiped away a tear, then exited after Fazaal. Iago rudely asked, “Does this mean we can get a dog?” BONK “What? Am I supposed to get sentimental? Start talking about what a pal he was and how I'm gonna miss him? I am gonna miss that flea-bitten little ape!” The big-mouthed macaw broke into hysterical crying, interrupted by “Hurricane Pazuzu.” Iago formed an idea “Your proof, kid! It's your proof. The monkey's ours, come on! Oh and by the way, if you ever tell the monkey what I said, you're goin' down like a plate of birdseed, got it?”

From a watchtower, Razoul and Fazaal, Abu in chains, could see a group of whirlwinds approach the city. They stopped moving, revealing Abis Mal and his men. Razoul and Fazaal watched them from the high balcony. “Pazuzu was really that lowlife that gave us trouble!” Abu gave a look that said “I told ya so”. “On to Agrabah! May its walls fall like... like... on to Agrabah!” The thugs spun in their cyclones, creating the illusion of Kurt Zisa. “Fazaal... Aladdin was right.” “As you please, Razoul! Always saving your tail.” Aladdin flew by and grabbed his pet monkey. “Let's see, I just need to pick up a few things…” Aladdin stole the tarp off of a stand, followed by a snake charmer's snake and rope. “Now to take care of Abis Mal.” “Look, we got the monkey back. Shouldn't we just celebrate by running away?”

Carpet reached the whirlwinds. Aladdin threw the tarp on top of one of the men and flattened him. Next, Aladdin dropped the rope between two of the whirlwinds, causing the men to smash into each other. Finally, Aladdin tossed the snake into one of the whirlwinds, then flies off. The thief was getting squeezed by the snake. Abis Mal was angry. He and two more thieves grabbed their feathers and created Hurricane Pazuzu, which captured Carpet, Aladdin, Abu, and Iago. The thieves put down the feathers and the whirlwind disappeared; the thieves attacked, with swords drawn. “Try and get outta this!” “Now who's gonna save our tails?!”

Just then a large shadow blotted out the sun. It was the legendary Roc, come for her chick. Genie, dressed a pilot, and the baby Roc sat on her back. “On your left is the beautiful city of Agrabah. Abis Mal is about to suffer disastrous defeat and the hands... err, wings, of Mom! Hit it, Mavis!” The Roc, apparently named Mavis, dive-bombed at the the bandits. Haroud finally arrived to see his boss get carried off by “Tropical Storm Mavis”. “I'm so glad I hitched my camel to his star.”

Genie reverted back to normal and patted the baby Roc on the head. “It's been fun, little girl. Be sure and send me a post card from the edge of the world!” The Roc giggled. Genie flew to the ground. Mavis flew over Agrabah and into the distance. Aladdin and the others waved goodbye, and Genie appeared before them. “Would've been here sooner, but Mavis was baking chocolate chip cookies!”

The afternoon went swimmingly. Razoul and Aladdin were chatting by the very building where Aladdin ran off with the loaf he gave to the poor kids. “I... admit we were wrong, Aladdin, but Fazaal has duties to perform and—“ “--and none more important than those of personal date picker!” Abu stood by a tree, his arms folded. There was a basket of dates beside him. Dates fell out of the tree and into the basket. Abu tasted it and spat it out in disgust, chittering angrily at the person in the tree. “He says ‘none but the juiciest fruit!’" In the tree was Fazaal, struggling to reach dates. He fell out of the tree, with the basket ending up on his head. Abu climbed on top of him, picked one of the dates off of Fazaal's body, and ate it. “You know all this talk about blotting out the sun inspired me Genie.” “What say you, Al?” “I think maybe I should take Jasmine north, someplace cooler.”

Tailikku1

Awards
Book 3 Ch. 4 - Of Ice and Men

Jasmine couldn't wait until Aladdin took his hands off of her eyes. As soon as he gave the moment, he took them off. The world in front of her was a beautiful winter wonderland. "Welcome to the frozen north, Jasmine!" Jasmine was about to contemplate the landscape when Abu hit her with a snowball. "Never throw snowballs at someone when they're not looking!" Abu and Aladdin's stare down escalated into a snowball fight. "I knew you guys would love this place!" Genie snowboarded on the sidelines. Iago meanwhile was wearing a heavy parka. "Sure, it's all fun and games until someone catches pneumonia!" He sneezed. "Look at you guys! You're always foolin' around! But let me tell ya, life's no playground! And someday you're gonna hafta—" He was hit by a barrage of snow balls. This snowball war ended in a few minutes when Iago noticed something. "This is unbelievable! We are so lucky! And I don't mean just regular lucky, I mean super jackpot lotto lucky!" Jasmine turned in the direction of the parrot "What are you talking about?" "Over the mountain! Treasure! Riches! Diamonds! Gold! T-bills! Come on, let's go! What're you waiting for, Santa Claus? Come on! It's get rich quick time!"

The others shrugged and followed Iago. They were now at the gates of an ice castle. "There it is! The palace of the mighty ice ifrit!" Aladdin knew something was up with Iago "It's one thing to find treasure, but to steal it?" "And from an ifrit? Don't you know how powerful ifrits' magic can be?" Iago scoffed at Aladdin and Jasmine "Eh, what're you worried about? He left ages ago. Now c'mon! The place is sloppin' over with treasure!" Iago listed off some titles to call Aladdin: "The ace of adventure; the prince of peril; the duke of daring; the king of courage. "You can do it! You can do it! Besides, you wouldn't want Jasmine to think you're chicken would ya? Bawk bawk!"

"Well, I guess it couldn't hurt to take a peek. Genie, open the doors!" Genie opened the massive doors, bringing them to the inside of the castle. The gang walked down a corridor made of ice, lined with suits of armor, also made of ice, that held axes, again made of ice. "Uh, just out of curiosity… Are we sure all this armor is empty?" "Listen, I told you, this place is abandoned. Hello?! See?" Iago's shouting cause a quake. "See, this place is dangerous! Now let's get outta here!" "But hey, you got us out of it with your cat-like reflexes, mister king of courage!" "Well… I guess it wasn't really that much of a problem." "But you just said it was dangerous!" "Hey, the king of courage laughs at danger! Ha ha ha!" "If things get out of hand, we'll just leave! I've got everything under control. I— Whoa!"

They fell down an ice slide and into a closed-in space of four ice-walls. A face appeared in one of the walls. "Who dares invade the palace of the mighty ice ifrit?!" Jasmine glared at Iago. "I thought you said the ice ifrit left ages ago!" "I was wrong! So sue me!" "Uh, am I putting on weight, or is this place getting smaller?" The walls were indeed closing in. "Prepare to meet your doom!" "Excuse me, king of courage, we could use some of that skill now!" Aladdin called to Genie to turn up the heat. Genie pulled out a blowtorch melting the wall.

Just then, a short icy-looking man started to rise out of the melted ice on the ground. "Hey hey hey! What're you doing? Do you know how long that wall took to make, do ya, huh? Well, I wish I knew. Nice craftsmanship there." Jasmine giggled "That is the mighty ice ifrit?" "Yeah! Frigid's the name and ice is my game! So… how'd ya get past all the neat traps and junk?" Iago whispered to Abu "Yeah, this bozo's a real prize winner." "Prize winner! I get it, you're after my prize, my treasure!" "Uh, we thought you were gone!" "Well, you won't get it without a fight! I'll ice you silly, pal!" Al simply stopped Frigid's attack by putting his hand on Frigid's face and holding him back at arm's length. Suddenly his hand became frozen in a block of ice. "That'll teach ya to mess with Frigid, ya big bully!" He was too busy pelting Aladdin with snowballs to notice that Abu and Iago broke the lock on the ice chest. "Yes! Rich at last! I knew it would come someday but I never thought it would be so… wet? Ice?! It's all ice?! Oh, yeah. Life is fair."

Jasmine broke the small "fight." "Mr. Frigid, your treasure is just ice!" "Yeah, what's your point?" "Well, even if we did take it, couldn't you just make more?" Frigid facepalmed himself. "Great glaciers! What an idea! Make more ice! It's genius! Oh, I gotta thank you kids! Oh, I never realized how worthless my valuable treasure was! You guys are true pals! Hey, take a load off!" The tiny ifrit created ice chairs for Aladdin, Jasmine, and Genie, a pillow for Abu, and a perch for Iago. He began to a powerpoint presentation of his vacation "That's me in the frozen south! Here's the frozen tundra. Me in Siberia. That's Alaska!" It was just the same slide over and over again. Aladdin was the first to bring up the elephant in the room. "Don't you ever go anywhere warm?" "Warm? What means this 'warm'?" "Well, it never snows in Agrabah." "No snow?! That's horrible! Oh, I never heard of such a thing! Hey, can you take me there?" "Uh, sure! Stick with me, and I'll even get you an audience with the Sultan!" "That'd be great! Ooh, you're the bestest friend I ever had! Let me pack my bags!"

Iago was starting to reconsider his titles for his friend. "This is a bad idea, Al! The guy's got the reasoning faculties of a boiled cabbage!" "Don't worry about it! I got us through the ice palace, and I can handle it!" In his igloo like boudoir, Frigid was packing for the trip to Agrabah. "Ooh, what will I bring? I have no summer clothes! Oh, no snow! These guys need my mighty ice ifrit powers! No snow! These guys have gotta have help! Oh, they're gonna love me! I'll give them snow like they've never seen! And ice! I'll cover the city in ice! It'll be… one vast frozen wasteland!"

They finally arrived back in Agrabah and were in the Palatial dining room. Aladdin, Jasmine, the Sultan, and Frigid were all seated at the table, having a nice room-temperature meal. "So, Mr. Frigid… uh, what do you do in the frozen north?" "Hmm, frozen north? Sounds awfully familiar…" "Uh, that's where you're from." "Oh, yeah! Great place! Ever heard of ice skating?" "Ice skating?" With that, Frigid turned the dining room into an ice rink and pushed along the Sultan, the rotund ruler sliding all over and giggling. "That… that was… great fun! This is quite a remarkable fellow. Agrabah could use a man of his talents!" "Whadaya mean 'his' talents? I could do five time the job he'd do! I'm the mighty ice ifrit!" "He was talking about you, Frigid." "Me?! Hoo boy!"

Snow began to fall over the market place. Frigid made a snow cone for a little boy, then took an orange from a stall and squeezed the juice onto the snow cone. He then created a giant block of ice behind a woman, who is so scared she started to scream. Frigid took a hammer and chisel and made the block into an ice sculpture of the woman. Next he made an ice castle, which children start to play in, and started juggling snowballs. He then threw the snowballs at the children, then created a slide for the ice castle. Everyone in the Marketplace applauded.

Hours later, a 4-foot layer of snow covered Agrabah. Aladdin and Abu were lying on a mattress in the middle of an ice-covered floor. Jasmine opened the door and slid into the room. "Uh, Aladdin, can we talk about Frigid?" "Is there a problem?" "The entire palace is frozen over. All the plants in the royal garden are dead." Iago sneezed from a foot-tub of hot water. "Yeah, and Agrabah is experiencing its first cold and flu season in ten thousand years, but a problem? What are you, in a coma here? This is a disaster!"

Genie pulled up the news on a TV set he magicked. "Yes, a disaster. The entire desert has been hit by a blizzard of epic proportions. Earlier today we got reactions of startled Agrabanians." "Too cold, bad for business!" "Water's frozen over, matey! We can't even anchor." "Dangdest thing, this snow. Makes old Flossie downright." "Moo." "The question on this reporter's mind is, when will Aladdin stop this horrible menace? Well?" An entire press conference worth of hands surrounded Aladdin with mics. "I'll get him to slow down!" At that very moment, Frigid was overlooking the blizzard. "Slow down? I'm not going fast enough! These people want snow and I'm giving it to 'em!" "But not this much, Frigid!" "Not this much? You're right! We need ten times this much! I'm going to need help!" He blasted a pile of snow with an ice bolt, forming two giant snowmen. "With those guys this place will be a giant block of ice by sundown!" "Frigid, we don't want any more ice! Look, if you're worried about the payments, your credit's good with me. Yahoo!® It'll be a cold time in the hot town tonight!"

From upon the Magic Carpet, Aladdin and the crew saw the Ice Storm cometh. The snowmen lobbed giant snowballs and covered buildings with snow. They flew around one snowman's head, and Genie blew a raspberry at it. It threw a snowball at them, freezing Carpet solid and sending them crashing into a snowbank. Genie fixed the issue through the use of a steamer, even getting rid of a previously unseen ketchup-stain. The snowmen continued covering the buildings with snow. One of the buildings had a child playing in the snow next to it. A giant icicle fell down and almost hit the boy, but Jasmine pulled him out of the way in time. Genie turned into a giant rotary fan and blasted snowman away, before zapping the other snowman turning it into a snowglobe. "Frosty would be very disappointed in you."

"Those guys are nothin' compared to Frigid! What're you gonna do now, mister I-can-handle-it?!" "You were the one who wanted to go into the ice palace in the first place!" "Hey, just because it's all my fault doesn't mean it's all my fault!" "Excuse me, there's an ifrit on a rampage, remember?" "Okay… Iago conned me into this mess, maybe I can con our way out of it!"

"Just a little reminder to the people of Agrabah of the ifrit who made it all possible…" Frigid created a giant ice statue of himself, looking very similar to the Ice Titan. "Very lifelike, I'd say. Except I'm a little shorter. Oh, the embarrassment I went through at dances! Hey, I can fix that! Talk about cool! I can ice this city quicker than a snow weasel learns to mambo! Uh, whatever that means." Frigid jumped into the "cockpit" of his giant statue and walked around the city creating nearly 2 more feet of snow. He then saw Aladdin and friends, hanging out on the side of the road, and looking bored.

"Hey, guys! Like what I've done with the city? Got this body on loan from Hades! Dunno why he needs an Ice Colossus lying around in the Underworld." "Uh, you've done something?" "I got rid of all the icky heat! It's a winter wonderland now!" "How dreadfully boring." "How exceptionally tedious." Aladdin held up a magnifying glass. "Nobody cares about ice anymore, Frigid. I'm afraid you're yesterday's news." "What?! I didn't even read yesterday's news!" "That's how it is with fads. One day you're on top, the next day you're not. Ice is out. Magnifying glasses are in." "Magnifying glasses! Oh, I knew I should have diversified!" "Yup, they're building one on that roof right over there." In the direction that Aladdin pointed to, Genie and Carpet were building the frame of a giant magnifying glass. "Don't you get it, Einstein? You're a has-been!"

"I may be a has-been, but I'm no Einstein! Let's see this silly magnifying glass thing." Aladdin looked to Genie and asked where the lens was. "Here it is." It was a contact lens. "That's the lens?! Don't you think it's a little small?" "Ya know, I do believe you're right." "Well, too late to do anything now. I'll just have to improvise." Frigid finally arrived over to the frame. "What?! What?! I don't get it! What's so great about this?" "Well, uh, uh, nothing right now. But you should see it with a lens! Say, too bad you couldn't make a lens out of ice!" "Uh, yeah! You could get in on the ground floor of a new fad!" "Are you kidding? I could make one a bazillion times better than any dumb old glass lens. I'll do it! And you called me an Einstein. That'll show ya!" Frigid created a giant lens of ice. The pure frozen H2O created a perfect magnification of the Sun's heat. "Woo, getting hot! Somehow I get the sense I've been tricked. I'm melting! Melting! Wow, what a weight-loss program!"

Indeed, Frigid melted into a puddle. Then a vapor with his face popped out. "Okay bub, now I'm really cheesed off! Soon as I get cold again, you're gonna be a freezie pop!" "But you'll be in the frozen north by then." "Really? How do you figure?" Genie took a deep breath and blasted the ifrit back to the frozen north from whence he came. The sun was finally starting to peek from behind the clouds before they dissipated. Genie put on clothes similar to Elsa's and dissipated the snow in the form of a giant snowflake.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
So many adventures for the young couple. It's amusing to see where Aladdin and Jasmine wind up next. Iago is still hilarious in each chapter he's in. I liked the Fountain of Truth chapter the best among them. I'm curious what will happen next. :) But I'm really happy in the most recent chapter we get to see Genie again. Although, Agrahbah turning into a freezing tundra took me by surprise. At least Genie can warm up the place, cause you know, it's a cold crowd. xD

Tailikku1

Awards
Book 3 Ch. 5 - Mudder's Day
It was a sweltering long trek to an oasis that Aladdin found one day while flying carpet. He had with him Jasmine, Abu, Iago, Carpet, and a few of the guards. Fazaal was thinking to his stomach. Aladdin pulled out Genie’s lamp and rubbed it. “Genie, where are we? We should have reached the oasis hours ago.” Genie poofed out dressed as a 49’er “Argh, crikey! *Ptooie* We're in the tail end of the middle of nowhere. What idiot trail boss is leadin' this outfit?” “Me. The Sultan puts me in charge of a trading caravan and I get us all hopelessly lost!” “Aw, come on, Al, it's not that bad! …OK, maybe it is that bad.” Just then Iago flew in, covered in water. “An oasis full of the stuff! Limpid pools, fountains as big as a palace, water!” “Uh… of course! The oasis! Right where I knew it would be!” Razoul raised his scimitar. “For your sake, street rat, you had better be right.”

The oasis that Iago mentioned was indeed the following: “It's magnificent!” “It's wonderful!” “It's a mirage!” “Well, it does seem almost too good to be true…” “Oh, great, the poster child for positive thinking.” While the guards were refreshing themselves, Hakim sitting under a waterfall, Aladdin and Genie were studying the map. “I just don't get it. This oasis must be on here somewhere.” “I believe I can say, without fear of contradiction…that I haven't the foggiest!” Jasmine beckoned the boys to join her in a swim. Genie porpoised through the water, splashing Abu.
Below Aladdin and Jasmine, a mud creature rose up from lake bottom. It walked over to a plug and pulled it. The pool began to drain, forming a whirlpool. The mud creature jumped down the revealed hole. The whirlpool was too great for them to escape. Carpet began to dig into the dry area that the water was sucked up into, without success. Nearby, the guards stood amidst sand dunes. The ground shook, pulling the oasis into the sand. Razoul shouted at the others. “The princess! Find her, or I'll have your heads! …and the Sultan will have mine.”

Setting: Underground. The gang landed in a pile of mud. Everyone was covered in mud. Iago turned to Aladdin. “Great leader. Say, was that trap obvious enough for you, or would you want them to put a sign up next time?” “What, me?! You were the one that found this place!” “You know, whoever made you boss of this caravan had his turban wrapped much too tightly—” Jasmine grabbed the bird. “My father put Aladdin charge. You remember my father… the Sultan?” “The Sultan… hehe … great guy. Throws a terrific execution! How's his lumbago doing?” Aladdin turned to Genie, “What is this place?”

“The mud motif is common among the primitive elemental spirits dwelling deep within the bowels of the earth. These spirits, known as the al-Muddi are very fond of humans as a late afternoon snack! For visual reference, I direct your attention to the rear.” From behind, two golems appeared from a column of mud. They were the al-Muddi. They broke into a run, the monsters close behind them. The golems merged into a centaur with a pike, now even faster. Genie turned into a bobsled for them to quickly get away. The group slid underneath the centaur's legs and down a hill. “We got away!” “Hey, hey, not bad, huh?” The bobsled reached the end of the cliff. “…not what I'd call good, either.” Genie turned into a bird that [he assumed heard] “fries well” much to the chagrin of the rest, who wanted a bird that flies well.

All around them were glowing fungi acting as street-lamps to a massive fortress made of clay. “We're gonna march straight in, find whoever runs this place, and demand to be returned to the surface!” Genie morphed into Marlon Brando. “We'll make him an offer he can't refuse.” “I see. And if he does refuse?” “Then we go down fighting! “There's that we business again…” Abu grabbed Iago as the group continued down the path. They approached the door of the fortress. “Just ring the gong, Genie.” Genie pulled out a tiny mallet and hit the gong, hard. The gang covered their ears. “Did you have to hit it so hard?” “WHAT?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU! I THINK I HIT IT TOO HARD!”

From inside the fortress, an enormous al-Muddi, the chieftain of the golem race, bubbled out of a massive cauldron. “Oh, bother. It never fails. Just when you settle in for a nice hot mud bath, the door gong rings. And on the butler's day off, too.” The giant golem opened the door. “What do you want?” It was a clear disadvantage on Aladdin’s behalf. Several al-Muddi rose up, blocking their path. “Well? What is it?” “Uh well, I-I-, we were just… Genie, a little help?” “We were just commenting that this little old place could use a woman's touch. Really, don't you think things here are just a bit untidy? Lucky for you, we're the Genie-way distributors for the greater subterranean area! This week, we are featuring a complete line of cleaning impertinences! Our brushes get rid of mud, muck, slop, glop, ooze, slide, crud, guck, and turbidity. And just look at the power of the Genieway Mini-Vac! Hygiene is just a foreign concept to you, isn’t it? Tell you what, we'll just pop out to our van for a complete catalogue. We'll have your mud problem wiped away in no time.” The Chief was not easily fooled. “Nobody wipes up my mud. You must be new around here. Oh, of course! You're from the oasis trap! Come in, come in. You see, I'm a bit of a gourmet and every now and then, I like to have a few people over… for dinner.” “I don't suppose you'd go for a nice salad instead?”

The Chief began to make a strange stew for himself. Everyone was trapped in jars, with Genie in the smallest one. The Chief threw in a few palm trees in as garnish. “A few short hours ago, I was only dying of thirst. But now, Wolfgang Muck over there is gonna boil me into soup” “Genie, are you sure you can't get outta there?” “Trust me, it's a Genie thing.” “How am I gonna get us outta here without Genie? Guess I am a lousy leader.” “Hear that? That's the sound of no one disagreeing with you.” Jasmine was unsure of what to say. She approaches Aladdin. “Aladdin, you're a great leader. I know you can get us out. A street rat can get out of anything!” The Chief pulled Aladdin out of the bottle. “Wait, wait!” “Oh, you're not going to beg, are you? I hate begging. 'Don't eat me! Oh, don't cook me!' I swear, all you people talk about is yourselves.” “But, I'm not begging! It's an honor to be consumed by such a great personage as yourself.” “Flattery? Oh, that's novel. Stick to begging.” “It's just a shame your soup has to be second rate.” “My soup is fit for kings!” “Well… kings who've never tasted matamata spice, perhaps.” “…Matamata spice?” “Y-yes! Very rare, but very delicious. It is said that when the Sultan of Calamari first tasted matamata spice, he bestowed half his kingdom upon his cook.” “But, sadly, it only grows on the surface… I've got it! Return us to the surface, we'll bring you back all you can use.”

The golem chief thought this over. “… I shall let you go. They stay. They didn't make me chief just cause I'm the tallest, you know. And I can always change the recipe to shish kabob!” The golem flashed a skewer at him. Aladdin turned to his friends. “Well, little man, what's it going to be?” Aladdin turned, allowing himself to be grabbed. He started dripping clay onto the street rat. “But how will I get to the surface? You closed up the entrance!” “Then I shall just have to reopen it. Deep breath now.” A final bit of mud covered Aladdin as the Chief tossed the mud ball out of an open hole. He landed on a nearby cliff and surfaced from the mud, coughing.

“Surface dwellers are so demanding. Next they'll be wanting me to roll out of the carpet for him!” The Chief made a new opening, not knowing that Carpet was waiting by the sealed entrance. The ground vibrated and the passage into the earth reopened. Carpet entered and found Aladdin, dangling from a spire from the fortress. An al-Muddi caught him climbing the spire and was preparing to drop him. The Carpet caught Aladdin and sped off into the kitchen freeing the team. “There's been a change of menus, Sludgy!” “This is what I get for not putting screens on the windows! Next week, I start aerial spraying. Get back here, you little croutons!” A daring escape was made, with the chief chasing the party like he was a giant snake.

“We've looked everywhere, Razoul. The princess is gone!” “Then we will remain here and wait for her to return.” “And what if she never comes back?” “Then it is best that we never come back.” Just then the party on Carpet sped upwards. Aladdin shouted at the guards. “On your camels! Run, hurry!” Razoul barked back. “You heard him!” “What is it? Is it bad?” Fazaal’s question was answered by the al-Muddi Chief rising from the ground. “… it's bad.” “Hey, over here! I'm the one who spoiled your soup!” “You're shish kabob, boy!” Aladdin ran in random directions. Before he knew it, the Chief was hardening to the point where he became like stone. Under its own weight, the stone Chief collapsed. “He's never been in this kind of heat before.” Razoul rushed over and shook Aladdin’s hand. “I was wrong. The Sultan put the right man in charge.” “Was there ever a doubt?” “And that, street rat, is the sound of no one disagreeing with you!”

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
This was an amusing chapter. Kind of surprised Aladdin was the one to free everybody from the mud golem. :3 I still don't understand why Genie couldn't free himself from a mere jar compared to an actual lamp. You'd think the same rules wouldn't apply in this situation. Actually, I think Aladdin and his friends could've of also made an attempt to knock their own glass jar cages down to free themselves... although, it might have bad results. In any case, I liked how Aladdin could prove himself to be a great leader. I look forward to more updates.

Tailikku1

Awards
Book 3 Ch. 6 - Fowl Weather

For those reading and wondering as to why Aladdin was leading a party to find an oasis, there was a draught in Agrabah. Yes, despite Frigid’s blessing of 10 feet of snow, Agrabah hit the driest dry period they could get. Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu, and Iago were with a young boy, carrying jugs of water. “Are we going the right way?” “The fig trees are just up ahead. It was kind of you to help me.” Abu, who was carrying a jar, put it down and started splashing Iago, who was whipping him with a reed. “Stop it, Abu! The trees are dying! They need every drop of water!” “Sorry.” Iago bit into a seemingly fine fig, and it deflated. “If only we had enough water to do the job.” “There used to be a spring here. There's still time for one more trip to the town well. Goodbye, and thanks.” The boy sadly trudged off. Jasmine was saddened by his hardship. “He'll never get enough water this way. Isn't there something we can do, Aladdin?” Aladdin rubbed the lamp to summon Genie, only to find him in the midst of a production of Die Ring des Nibelugen.
“Der wunderkind! Der wunderkind! Der wunder, wunder, wun- Oops. Civilians.” Genie shrank in order to hide his presence. “Uh, Genie, suppose we could find a little water?” “Don't you worry none, sonny. We'll have you a well drilled faster than an armadillo scampers across hot asphalt.” He pulled out a pneumatic drill. “Where there's a drill, there's a way.” After a few seconds, a clang was heard. “Lots of underground. No spring.” “Any chance of rain?” Genie pulled out a chroma key, which displayed the forecast. “Today's forecast for the tri-desert area: hot and dry. But, tomorrow we're in for a change of pace: dry and hot. By the way, happy 1201st birthday to the genie of the mason jar.” Jasmine then pointed to a large raincloud hovering over Sudan. “Isn't that rain down there?” Iago butt himself into the conversation. “Ever hear of a rainforest?” “What's a ... rainforest?” “A forest where it rains a lot. What? Do I need a translator?” “If it rains so much there, they must have more than enough to water these trees.”

Genie zapped them all into tacky 80's outfits, then threw them onto Carpet. “Road trip! Excellent! Shotgun!” They arrived in the oddly located jungle of Sudan. “Welcome to the secluded spot known to the locals as the Valley of Thundra.” “The Valley of Thundra?” “According to legend, all of the world's rain comes from this very valley.” “So where's the rain?” Jasmine pointed to a spiraling rainbow. “Like I say, ‘where there's a rainbow, there's rain’. Or was that, ‘where there's smoke there's fire?’” The rainbow swirled overhead. “Somethin' weird's going' on.” “And it's going on up there.” “Genie, let's have a look.” Genie turned the Carpet into an elevator, and poofed himself into a bellhop’s uniform. “Going up.” *DING* Carpet slowly rose up to the canopy. everyone started to feel bored. Genie attempted to strike a conversation. “Hey, how about those Chicago Blackhawks, huh? I figure they got a shot at the playoffs for sure if they just-“ *DING* “Oh, here we are! Forest canopy. Sportswear, notions, and mysterious meteorological phenomena." Jasmine looked around. Where did the rain go? “Tropical climates are very unpredictable. That's why I moved to the desert. Better for my sinuses. Give me a nice dry—“ A wind like noise swirled about. “Aladdin, do you hear something?” “Definitely.” “It's getting closer.” The rainbow flew right past Iago, spinning him, and leaving him yelling and falling. Aladdin caught him. “Follow that rainbow!” Genie turned into a leprechaun. “Aye laddie! I’ll get ye to me pot o’ gold!” Genie took off at DeLorean speeds. “Genie! Stop! Slow down!” The rainbow flew through the trees, and the carpet followed. The rainbow almost flew into a tree, then flew straight up back into the canopy. Mayday! Mayday! They crashed, but they found the rain…

…in the form of a black cloud. The gang, up in the canopy, see many of these rainclouds all around. The clouds seemed pretty friendly. After Iago attempted to attack one for getting too close in his grill, they swarmed about. Thunder cracked, and a Hispanic voice was heard. “¡Atención, muchachos! I'm only going to say this once: I do not allow trespassing in my kingdom.” From out of the clouds appeared a large green and female bird. She wore a large golden crown and an amulet, and her wingtips and tail were all the colors of the rainbow. “Ooh, ooh, Al! That thing! The flying rainbow thing! I think I figured out what it is!” “I am not a thing! I am Thundra the Rainbird, queen of the rainforest!” Iago had his beak wide open. “Get a load of that plumage. Think she missed a color?” “What was that, little giblet?” “Giblet? Look, sister, I don't care if you're the Queen of Sheba. No one calls me giblet!” Death glare beats witty remark. “Plain old ‘Gib’ on the other hand is just fine, really.” Aladdin attempted to lead an escape only for Thundra to summon a thunderhead. “You're learning the first law of the jungle: don't mess with Thundra!” “I can't wait to hear the second law.” “Rule number two is my favorite: trespassers will be prosecuted.” Lightning struck the Carpet, but they landed safely on the canopy.
“Cut it a little closer next time!” shouted Iago. “OK, so maybe I overreacted. Perhaps now that we're alone, perhaps we can get to know each other, si?” She was coming onto him like Snake on Otacon. “Not if I can help it, lady!” “My Romero is playing hard to get, hmm? I like that in a bird.”
On the ground, Jasmine began to ponder. “I agree with Iago. Thundra's dangerous.” Iago but in. “Plus, she's an obnoxious, hot-tempered loudmouth.” Aladdin snarked. “Sounds like somebody I know.” “He means me? I can't believe it! That's the most - ooh, that hurts!” “Okay, okay... She did wink at you, though.” “I caught that, too.” An idea struck. “I've got it! Iago pours on the charm, and Thundra downpours the rain!” “I'd rather stick my beak in a meat slicer.” Abu gave this idea a thumbs-down and a raspberry. “Oh, yeah? I could have that rainbird wrapped around my pinky feather.” He flew off in a huff. He encountered Thundra again. Genie eavesdropped on the conversation. “Thundra, my dear. Imagine bumping into you. Ha ha ha ha! So, uh, how about this weather, huh?” After a few minutes, another point in his conversation was brought up. “You need all this rain for one rainforest?” He was referring to the clouds making a pit stop under a waterfall. “My rain goes all over the world.” “Oh, how fascinating. Are you sending any rain to - oh, I don't know - Agrabah?” Thundra pulled out a book. “Hmm... ‘Acapulco - Hurricane’, ‘Afghanistan - Drizzle’, ‘Appaloosa - Downpour’... oops, too far. Ah. ‘Agrabah’. A desert? Oh, you have got to be kidding. I don't do deserts.” “Isn’t Afghanistan a desert too? So why not do one for me?” “No. I never mix business and pleasure. Rain is my business, you are my pleasure.” “Well, ya see, it's just that...” “You want rain so bad? You can stay here with me, forever.”

Aladdin formulated his plan. “While she's busy with Iago, we'll just have to borrow a raincloud.” “Isn't that... stealing?” “You can't steal weather. It belongs to everybody. Right, Jasmine?” “What about Thundra?” “Iago's...taking care of her.” “ That's what I'm afraid of. You're just going to let him keep stringing her along?” “I have no problem with that. Genie, can you grab a cloud for us?” “I reckon I could rustle one up.” Genie flew off to lasso a cloud. Iago was still with Thundra. “Oh, Thundra, your wings are so, uh...feathery!” “Go on!” “My heart is a high pressure front, and the barometer's rising!” “Oh! Continue, por favor!” Genie’s “rodeo” got Thundra’s slight attention. “What was that?” “Did I mention your beak is so...large? Yet proportionate! Uh...” He made his move: beak met beak in a French Kiss. Iago tried to knock the hearts out of his head. “Must be the humidity.”

“Let's just get Iago and go.” Aladdin thought. “There's gotta be another way.” Genie appeared as a salesman with a vacuum. “Good afternoon, sir or madam! Can I take just a moment for a brief demonstration? What can this amazing contraption do for you and your simian cohort? The suck-o-matic! Works on those hard to get spots. How much would you pay for this modern marvel? Don't answer yet, because-“ The vacuum sucked up Genie, then itself. “Somebody lose a contact lens?” “Genie, where's the cloud?” Genie pulled out a jarred cloud. “Okay, now we just have to pry Iago away from his dream date.” Genie popped into the conversation between the two birds. “Sorry, kids, I hate to break up the party, but the magic carpet's leaving.”

“Mi Romero, you cannot abandon me now!” Iago took the opportunity to imitate Humphrey Bogart. “If I'm not on that carpet I'll regret it. Maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow, but...” He dropped the vocal imitation. “Who am I kidding? I'll regret it in five seconds. I'm outta here!” “Adios, my parakeet, my sweetbeak, my little giblet.” The carpet flew off. Thundra heard thunder behind her. “Now what?!” The clouds that were lined up in front of the waterfall were bumping into each other, discharging bolts of lightning. “Straighten up that line! ¡Ay carumba! I can't even take one afternoon off without... Una momento...” She saw something. “Somebody took one of my clouds while... Giblet!”

“It's in here somewhere!” Genie was looking through his pants for the jar. “I risk my life so you bozos can grab a cloud, and you lose it?!” “Oh, it's gonna turn up, even if I have to turn myself inside out.” He did literally turn himself inside out. “No I remember! It’s in my other pants!” Genie held up a red sash and a blue genie tail on a hanger. In the back pocket was the jar. Aladdin pumped his fist “Agrabah's entitled to rain as much as the next desert.” “But Aladdin…” Jasmine was about to mention something about toying with Thundra’s emotions. “Oh, yeah, my heart's so achey-breaky here.” Genie opened the jar, but the cloud grew to its normal size, rose to the ceiling, and started a storm. Seeing the mini-storm got Iago sentimental. “Oh, this is a good place for rain! Rain... it reminds me of... y'know, she wasn't so bad.” A massive cloud arrived in Agrabah. “Aaah! Thundra! Hide me!” Thundra was indeed in Agrabah, with the fury that hell hath no equal to. “...And don't stop until you reach that lying, twisted, obnoxious cucaracha!” The mini storm got to an uncontrollable size.

“Does she seem a smidge perturbed to you?” Thunder struck the palace, with Thundra descending into the throne room. Aladdin realized that he made a mistake: never meddle with the emotions of women. “I should have listened to you, Jasmine. I was just trying –” “I know, I know, but now you have to fix it.” Genie was now dressed as Fix-it Felix. “The ceiling? Can do, but I think we ought to wait until she's done blasting it.” “She means Thundra's feelings, Genie! Carpet, let's go!”

Aladdin and Carpet made it to Thundra after dodging torrential winds. “Where is he? I want the dirty bird that broke my heart!” “It wasn't really his fault! I –huh?“ Just then Iago flew to Thundra. After catching his breath, Thundra made a declaration: “It's open season on gigolos!” “I-I have excuses!” “Good ones?” “I'll let you be the judge.” He shrank down after being surrounded by black clouds. “Uh, the reason I left, see, is I had this, mmm... lotto ticket! Yes, yeah, yeah. You're familiar with the Agrabah Big Spin?” *Zap* “Okay, okay. That romantic stuff I was feeding you before was baloney. And I feel guilty. Ya happy? I never felt guilty about anything in my life. I'm...I'm sorry.” “What about the kiss?” Thundra seemed a bit happier now. “That? That was ... kinda fun. I mean, if you go for that sort of thing.” The hypothetical rain cloud lifted from Thundra’s head. She embraced him. “Back off, amigos! Show's over!”

All the clouds dissipated, including the stolen cargo. “Ya hungry, Thundra? I know this quaint little bistro...” “Alas, a rainbird's work is never done. I must go. But you know where to find me, big boy!” “And I'll be right here, in traction.” A rainbow appeared over Agrabah as things took a turn for the better with Iago’s– “If anybody, ANYBODY, even you, readers, hears about this mushy stuff –” Aladdin shut the bird’s beak. “Your secret's safe with me.” Genie tapped on Al’s shoulder, suggesting they have a pool party. “Sorry, Genie. Somebody needs that water.”

Back at the fig orchard, the ground shook as Genie pulled out his pneumatic drill and hit pay dirt: water! “Funny how far away the palace seems when you're burrowing through the bedrock.” Iago was bouncing on the fountain. “No need to thank me, kid. My pleasure. Need anything else? 'Cause, ya know, this operation was a cakewalk..”

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I love the fourth wall breaking. Nice to see Iago get some action for a change. Mushy, gooey romantic stuff is a nice spin. Yes, never mess with a women's emotions. xD A good cause ended up an obstacle until the very end. Good thing Genie is good at bringing water to the fig orchard.

Tailikku1

Awards
Sorry for the delay, this chapter took forever thanks to the new semester.

Book 3 Ch. 7 - That Stinking Feeling
A few days passed since Thundra’s visit to Agrabah. She kept a promise to send rain every few weeks, preventing a drought from occurring. Iago however had his mind preoccupied on other things as he and Abu were speeding through the desert. “First Abu, I'm gonna buy some satin slippers. No more hot sand between these toes. Then with the rest of the treasure? A palace. Not too flashy. I'll call it the Taj...I'll think of a word.”

The “brakes” set themselves off, launching the passengers into the sand. Right in front of them was an area covered with giant thorny plants and vines. In the midst of this strange oasis was a large nose-shaped rock with a gold ring in it.
“A warning would be nice.” Abu screeched at Carpet. “You know, something like ‘Hey, we're coming to a spine-mangling stop!’” While Iago barked at Carpet, some of the vines crept closer to them. Iago looked to his right at the vines that were inching closer to him. They stopped moving.

A lightbulb went off in his head. “This is it! The Forbidden Oasis! Come on, our riches await! Look, I know it's called the Forbidden Oasis, but that's just to keep the people out and the treasure in. It's not really forbidden. You see a sign? Come on, we're gonna be rich!” Iago gave the poor ape a bird’s eye view of the brambles. Then he set his sights on the ring. While Iago was distracted, the vines grabbed him, prompting Carpet to pull him out. They sped off.

Back in Agrabah, Aladdin was pissed. “Why would Abu and Iago just take off without telling me, Genie? And how'd they talk Carpet into going?” Genie commented on this, walking alongside his master. He morphed into Benedict Cumberbatch. “Would you describe this as a late model carpet, sir? Did you leave the keys in it? How long have you known the monkey?” Jasmine interrupted this interrogation. “Hi, Aladdin! Bye, Aladdin!”

“Where's the fire, ma'am?” “Yeah, Jasmine, wait up! Aren't we going to the marketplace?” She giggled. “I don't remember you asking me for a date.” She left him to his own devices.

“It's marketplace day. I always take her to the marketplace on marketplace day.” “Mmhmm. I see a pattern.” Jasmine turned back as Genie poofed into her room. “Well, maybe I've made other plans since you didn't ask me.” “Ask? But I always take you!” “Take me for granted.” Genie came back. “She's clean.” “So, let me get this straight. You want me to ask...in advance?”

Suddenly, Carpet came hurling towards Aladdin and Jasmine, causing Jasmine to duck and Aladdin to move out the way. Genie quickly condensed himself into his detective hat to avoid being hit. The riders coughed, peering up at a teed off Aladdin. “Okay, where have you been?” “Been? Have we, uh, been somewhere?” A bellow was heard, frightening them. “They're coming to get us!” “Who?!” “Uh, nobody, uhh...but if you should happen to see any, uh, you know, killer plant thingies, I'm in a meeting.” It wasn’t the plants. They saw people run away through Main Street into the alleys.

The people were running away from what was revealed to be a giant gray yak. The yak was using his tail to hit a mallet against two green drums carried on each side of his lower back as he walked through the city carrying a large man. The yak passed some lined up camels with a foul odor that caused each one of them to pass out and topple sideways like standing dominoes. Palm trees curled up as the smell hit them. The yak made its way up the stairs of the palace to where Aladdin, Abu and Iago stood, all grimacing.

“Ho there!” said the large, and apparently friendly, Norseman riding the yak got off his mount. “I seek the fair Princess Jasmine.” Jasmine shyly presented herself to the Norseman, his mustache uncurling at the sight of her beauty. “Oh, fate is kind!” The Norseman jumped off his yak, which caused him to bounce in the air for a second before landing on its feet again. “I am Uncouthma. Prince of the far off land of Odiferous.” Uncouthma turned back to his yak and lifted the bags off his steed. They had cheese whose stench could make a skunk smell like flowers in comparison. “Now I perform the cheese ritual of love!” He tossed such a chunk in front of Jasmine. “By this tossing of ancient cheese, I pledge my heart muscle, and all other vital organs, to you.” He began ballet dancing about the cheese. All of them stood agape that such a fat man could be acrobatic. Acrofatic? “Would you like to begin our royal courtship today?” Aladdin cut in. “Sorry, pal, but this princess is taken!” “This princess can think for herself! Welcome to Agrabah, Prince Uncouthma. Come, meet my father, the Sultan.”

Upon dragging Uncouthma by the arm towards the door, Jasmine swung over towards Aladdin. “At least he knows how to ask what a girl wants.” Uncouthma turned and grabbed Jasmine, barbarian style. “Let us go! Ha, ha!” Everything seemed to blur together as Aladdin saw the door closing. He tried to catch it before it closed, but instead hit the door and fell down upon a trampled Carpet. “What just happened here?” Genie came and spoke to Al. “You just put those size 8 sandals in your size 10 mouth.”

Inside, the Sultan was on the floor of the throne room winding up a golden camel toy. "Come on! Come on! Find some water now, camel. Go on! Fill your humps! " The camel walked until it hit Uncouthma's boot and toppled over. More extra-stench limburger was tossed, landing in front of the Sultan. He plugged his nose. "Oh, dear! Jasmine?" Jasmine was still being carried by Uncouthma. "I am Uncouthma of Odiferous, here to court the princess of Agrabah." The yak shrieked and came to his master. "Sultan, I bring you magnificent gifts from my homeland: Century-vulture-eggs, ooh. Treasures from our royal mold and mildew garden!" Jasmine turned to her father. "A late suitor. He's harmless...I think."

While Jasmine, the Sultan, and Uncouthma were talking, Aladdin was pacing, wondering if he said something wrong or if he was a big jerk. Genie was doing a "She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not" on some daisies. Iago and Abu were trying to practice with swords. A false move had a set of tulips decapitated. Al took notice to the small animals. "We can't do a little much needed gardening without twenty questions?" Iago then plugged his nose: The yak was in the garden, with Uncouthma setting up camp. Aladdin couldn't take it any more. "Regardless of what the princess is saying to you, she's my girl. Really."

"Well that is unfortunate..."

"Yes it is, but I did get here first, and—"

"No, because I mean we must battle to the death! But first I must prepare victory cheese!"

Before they could fight Jasmine intervened. "But, but, but this is how we do things in Odiferous, Princess." "Well, we do things differently in Agrabah. It doesn't matter how a suitor fights. My heart will be won by...gentleness."
"Gentleness?" The Norseman's "head-muscle" tried to wrap around this concept. What means this gentleness? Aladdin was denied for his overconfidence. Genie made another comment about Al sticking his foot in his mouth.
"Oh, you must join me for dinner at the palace tonight, my humongous prince." Jasmine flirted with Uncouthma. Iago turned to Al and said, "Oh, you are smooth. Dumped for the Sheikh of Reek. Ha! That's humiliation! Maybe the yak's free tonight, Romeo! Ha!" Genie couldn't help but agree.

Iago and Abu were again at the Forbidden Oasis. Another failure at the hands of the small animals. They had to think of another tactic. While this was going on, Aladdin was giving advice to Uncouthma. "Oh, Agrabah's not so different. We like fish, too. You can't go to a fancy dinner here with a big, fat carp, on your head!" Uncouthma was starting to like this and how the idea smells good too. "And, of course, when your host proposes a toast, you have to pour your drink onto the person next to you." "Ooh! Ooh! Should I bring more ancient cheese?" "Couldn't hurt! We wanna make this a special date."

That night, Uncouthma followed Al's advice. The Sultan felt that it was necessary to respect this "foreign" custom. The moment Jasmine was splashed, she heard a hearty laugh… one from Aladdin. She got the idea and offered Uncouthma to toss a melon into the highest window. It hit Aladdin.

After dinner, Uncouthma entered his tent and relaxed on his yak, mid-3rd stomach digestion. "You knocked 'em dead tonight, 'couthy." "Friend Aladdin? Come in!" "Ah, love to, but I gotta get back to my hovel! But I do have one more tip, though." "More tips? Ooh, you are too kindly! " "So, true! Now 'couth, baby... What better way to say ‘I love you’ than with a bunch of snake vines...from the Forbidden Oasis just three miles out of Agrabah! Make a left at the shifting dunes!" Uncouthma, heeding his friend's voice took out a quill and began to jot down the directions in Futhark. "ᚦᚱᛖᛖ ᛗᛁᛚᛖᛋ ᛟᚢᛏ ᛟᚠ ᚨᚷᚱᚨᛒᚨᚺ. ᛗᚨᚲᛖ ᚨ ᛚᛖᚠᛏ ᚨᛏ ᚦᛖ ᛋᚺᛁᚠᛏᛜ ᛞᚢᚾᛖᛋ"

"Come, trusty yak! To the forbidden place! Ho!" The yak, galloped away, leaving a cloud of dust." "Good-bye, snake vines. Hello, treasure!" It was Iago, he tricked Uncouthma into a suicide mission just so that he could get the giant ring! But he was overheard by Carpet. A few minutes later, Aladdin, Jasmine and Genie were all outside of Uncouthma's tent in front of Iago and Abu with Carpet pointing a tassel at Iago. Aladdin and Jasmine were pissed.
"How could you send Uncouthma to the forbidden oasis?" "Don't you know how dangerous that place is?"
"I have a...rough idea."

Just then, Genie pulled up a radar. "I'm picking up one barbarian and yak heading due north towards eminent danger and certain doom!" There on the screen was Uncouthma charging with halberd raised against the Forbidden Oasis' snake vines. Aladdin turned to Iago. "I can't believe you would use Uncouthma this way." Jasmine agreed, but Genie had something to say: "You both used him." Jasmine and Aladdin both felt guilty; he was right. Jasmine used Uncouthma to meddle with Aladdin's emotions, while Aladdin used him to keep Jasmine. They both apologized as they boarded Carpet and flew off to the Oasis.

"It's so quiet you can hear a yak scream!" As if to Genie's cue, a yak did indeed bellow. And there was Uncouthma's steed. Genie handed a weed hacker to Aladdin to cut down the snake-vines. After cutting them, the Yak was free and he licked Aladdin. Uncouthma finally appeared, with a fistful of snake vines. "Oh, Aladdin! Small friend and yak saver!" He remembered the vines. "Lovelies for my lovely!" Jasmine was confused, and then frightened when they grabbed onto her. Aladdin rushed over with the weed hacker, but it was caught by the vines.

"Taj Iago! We are there!" While that was going on, Iago grabbed hold of the ring. Iago tried to pick the ring up with his mouth, but it was too heavy. Abu pulled on the ring from the outside while Iago pushed it from the inside, but it was no use. The two continued to struggle until a noise rang out from a hole near the ring. Two giant gusts of wind exploded from the holes that sent Iago and Abu flying backwards, into an entangled Aladdin. Carpet grabbed one of the cheese wedges and gave it to Jasmine. She formed an idea in her head: She tossed the wedge to the vines covering Aladdin, and their vines wilted.

Uncouthma slouched, saddened by her action. "You have chosen. By throwing cheese you have to him vowed your heart muscle for now and ever." "I'm sorry, I do love Aladdin, but that's not why I threw the cheese at him." Aladdin heard what she said. "Did you say something about...love?" The ground began to shake, but Iago was still holding onto the ring. The area Abu and Iago were at began to erupt and the area around the ring started to rise to the sky. Iago and Abu were still holding on to the now-vertical ring. The area was revealed to be a head of a very large creature and the ring they were grabbing at was a nose ring connected to some nostrils "Save the monkey! Save the monkey! I'll save the ring!" Eyes opened, the eldritch abomination locked its gaze onto Iago. "Save the bird! Save the bird!" The monster opened its mouth and began to inhale. The wind almost sucked Iago into the creature's mouth, but he managed to fly away. Upon closing its mouth, the creature bit some of Iago's feathers off. He zoomed over Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu, Carpet and Uncouthma trying to escape.

A large branch rose from the ground, the creature's hand, and grabbed Iago out of the air. The gang looked on in horror as the abomination rose from the sand. Genie turned into a jumbo-sized gardener, only to be suplexed by the monster. Aladdin formed an idea of his own. "How much cheese do you have left?"

"Is this about the ring? Totally the monkey's idea!" Iago was staring at death in the ivy-covered face. Genie flew over and pummeled the monster's foot with a hammer. It screeched in pain as a large wheel of Odiferan Limburger flew into it. The monster was having a negative reaction to the cheese; it withered up until all that was left was its nose-ring . The Forbidden Oasis was no more.

Aladdin and Jasmine hugged each other, Uncouthma looked on saddened. "The people of Odiferous expect me to return with a bride." Jasmine and Aladdin apologized to the Norseman. "Enough of apologies. We are friends, flimsy folk!" A great bear hug was given out, along with the yak mooing. "You are right, faithful yak. It is time. I must return home. Brideless and cheeseless." "Are you kidding? You defeated a giant in battle! You're a hero!" "I bet the girls in Odiferous love a hero!" "But my people will need proof of such a fabulous tale."

Aladdin eyed the ring. Iago reacted negatively "Not this! I'll send you the newspaper clippings." Uncouthma did indeed pick up the ring as if it was an inner tube and placed it around the yak's neck. "He needed a new collar anyway." He mounted his steed and waved farewell to his new friends. "Farewell, petit friends! The sweet scent of Odiferous beckons me home!" Iago looked on in disbelief. "A yak! We lost our fortune to a yak! That's what I get for teaming up with a monkey!"

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Poor Iago and Abu didn't get to keep any treasure after all that trouble. Aladdin and Jasmine really need to work on their communication skills more as a couple instead of involving others into their lovers spat. It was greatly amusing to see Genie remark about Aladdin putting his foot in his mouth and being honest with him and Jasmine about using others. Including the bit about Carpet. Genie is always the best. Still pretty cool to see Uncouthma stay kind and humble throughout the story with his smelly cheese and such too. :) A fun read through and through.

Back