• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Alice's Character

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas-kh

It may be because of my lack of familarity with the books themselves, but as a child whenever I watched Disney's Alice in Wonderland, I never thought of Alice as a girl to look up to. All the other princesses of heart have certain characteristics I would say are very amiable and so it would make sense to me that they would be princesses of heart. All except Alice.

Does anyone know of the reason behind why she's a princess of heart?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It may be because of my lack of familarity with the books themselves, but as a child whenever I watched Disney's Alice in Wonderland, I never thought of Alice as a girl to look up to. All the other princesses of heart have certain characteristics I would say are very amiable and so it would make sense to me that they would be princesses of heart. All except Alice.

I'd say except Cinderella and Snow White and Aurora really and don't even get me started on Kairi, which half of the fandom find nothing redeemable about let alone admirable.
So aside from the spoiler dest posted, until we get more solid information, I think it's safe to say that PoHness is a status that doesn't reflect overly about your characteristics. I always took it to mean that unlike most other people, PoHs are people that for some reason don't have Darkness in their Hearts - but that only means that unlike KH1 Riku, they can't blame it for any negative character traits they might display.
It ties in nicely with the Darkness not being evil - who's to say the Light has to be good?

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Alice to me is a hole they dug when they cut Ariel out of the job. I don't think we will ever really know the reasoning behind it in game. Perhaps it's just her 'belief' in something like Wonderland.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
She's a fish. I'd say it'd be pretty damn problematic going about it the 'traditional' way they did for the rest of the PoHs. Not to mention Ariel's journey to become human is the movie's plot, so if they started with her being human it'd be pointless. and KH1 did detach worlds from their movies' plot so it's not like they had to bend over backwards to try and make it fit.

DeltasLight

See thats where KH makes me a little mad. Ariel is a princess, it would make sense to make her a PoH, and if it doesnt make sense, it at least makes more sense than making Alice a PoH because she isnt a princess. At all...

And if you wanna get really technical, Alice becomes a queen in "Through a Looking Glass", even though that isnt exactly relevant because it isnt a Disney adaptation.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
PoHs aren't necesarilly princesses by title. Belle and Cinderella aren't princess until they're wed, and Kairi until BBS says otherwise is hardly a princess. Closest thing to it is her being the Mayor's adopted daughter and even that was never truly completely confirmed, only stated that she was taken into his house when she got to DI and people assume she stayed there too.

and
1) Alice didn't become a queen in the Disney movie
2) chess queen, not an actual ruler.

DeltasLight

Well, Alice is not necessarily who I would profile is a princess, or a PoH. Ariel fits that mold a whole lot better.

But hopefully BBS will give us more information on what it takes to be a PoH, and why the ones that are PoH, are PoH...

CougarsforJesus

What was so great about Arielle?... o_O

xD

To me, I think that Alice had the innocence that it takes to be a Princess of Heart... That's my opinion anyway... ^___^"

Zeagal

Lick It Good
She yearns for the human world strong enough to be one if Cinderella's condition is anything to do by. She has bad points like being selfish, but overall I think she's better than Alice.

Roxas-kh

It would make sense that innocence would give someone to deserve the title 'Princess of Heart', it's just that... when I think of Alice, I don't think of innocence. Not to say that she isn't, because I'm sure she is. It's just not something that sticks out to me.

If Cinderella is PoH because she believes in dreams, then it maybe Alice is a PoH because of her imagination? I mean, that's the one thing that defines Alice the most I believe.

bizbaz20

Awards
I think Alice has the innocence, curiosty and logicalness perhaps. I think the main reason she's a princess of heart is because Ariel couldn't be a princess of heart because she's a mermaid and that wasn't the type of story they wanted for Atlantica, they alo wanted her to be a party member so they couldn't have worked with her getting kidnapped, but yeah it makes sense for her to be one because she is a princess.
I think if Pocahantas was in the game she would qualify as a princess of heart because she's so...spirited and she looks for justice.
Esmerelda could have been one though.

One could argue that Alice is a princess of heart because she's the main character of her movie, the only one who isn't is Jasmine but she's a popular Disney princess in the franchise so yeah.

But i don't get why Wendy wasn't one if Alice was. I guess it was the whole wanting to grow up.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Hook actually mentioned about Wendy not being one which to me suggests something that they would have always done regardless if Ariel was originally the POH over Alice. Then with all the plot that happens in Wonderland, it would be difficult to add Wendy being a POH in there after the face unlike it would be with Alice. It was a matter of convenience.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
To me, I think that Alice had the innocence that it takes to be a Princess of Heart... That's my opinion anyway... ^___^"

Jasmine isn't innocent though.

What about Tim Burton's Alice. I hope in the next kh game they make a world out of that. Mostly because it looks freakin' AWESOME

It's a Disney game. The Nightmare Before Christmas doesn't really represent the rest of Burton's works.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
She's a fish. I'd say it'd be pretty damn problematic going about it the 'traditional' way they did for the rest of the PoHs. Not to mention Ariel's journey to become human is the movie's plot, so if they started with her being human it'd be pointless. and KH1 did detach worlds from their movies' plot so it's not like they had to bend over backwards to try and make it fit.

Well yeah that's the behind the scenes reason for Ariel not being a POH, but I've always thought it was explained in KH1 why she couldn't be pure. She was willing to steal her father's trident, leaving Atlantica defenseless, in order to see other worlds. The other princesses don't have largely obvious negative traits which contradict their purity. Jasmine was somewhat spoiled (to me at least) but at least she didn't make a devil's bargain to escape her palace life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back