• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Alien: Covenant (Prometheus 2)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" (AKA Alien Prequel/Spinoff)

I dunno. I mean, what could the Company have done to Newt? The Alien was gone and there weren't any more eggs (from what I've heard).
Well, I don't see the company saving everyone.. you know? The Company seems too malicious to do something so nice. And they were in a desolate iceland.

I don't know. From what I've heard, he's playing an android named David. I'm hoping he's more like Bishop than Ash. :)
I read that! I was definitely hoping he was like Bishop. I didn't even consider that he could be a raging homicidal douche like Ash. xD

To my knowledge, no we don't know. xD
Drats. xD I'm gonna miss Ripley. <3

I believe it's Scott's name, but I'm not sure. xD
Either way, it's cool that it actually has a name now. :D

Well, it IS and it ISN'T. There are supposed to be concepts that set up Alien, but Prometheus apparently is done in a way that it could become its own series within the Alien universe. :D
I can definitely see it going both ways at the same time. I mean the Xenomorphs probably have been causing chaos all around the Universe using different hosts.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards

I read that! I was definitely hoping he was like Bishop. I didn't even consider that he could be a raging homicidal douche like Ash. xD

I think that Theron's character is going to be the Ash of the group. ;)

I can definitely see it going both ways at the same time. I mean the Xenomorphs probably have been causing chaos all around the Universe using different hosts.

Maybe. Either way, I'm just curious to see what Ridley Scott and H.R. Giger come up with.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I think that Theron's character is going to be the Ash of the group. ;)
Oh god, he will be won't he. ;____; WHYYY?!

K, coolest thing I ever found out, JUST NOW, that Ash is played by Ian Holm. Ian Holm was Bilbo in Lord of the Rings. :D

Maybe. Either way, I'm just curious to see what Ridley Scott and H.R. Giger come up with.
I'm so excited and curious about the whole thing. The first time I heard about it, I was ecstatic.

Theart

Awards

Oh god, he will be won't he. ;____; WHYYY?!

LOL You -do- realize Charlize Theron is a woman right? xD

K, coolest thing I ever found out, JUST NOW, that Ash is played by Ian Holm. Ian Holm was Bilbo in Lord of the Rings. :D

Yep, I've known that. I also know that he also played Jack the Ripper at one point in his career. C:

I'm so excited and curious about the whole thing. The first time I heard about it, I was ecstatic.

I've BEEN excited for this since the beginning of this year, but I really haven't gotten hyped up about it until the past few days. :D

It looks so amazing. <3

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

LOL You -do- realize Charlize Theron is a woman right? xD
Ohh, I thought you said Fassbender. >____> derp.

Yep, I've known that. I also know that he also played Jack the Ripper at one point in his career. C:
I was just looking at Ash pics, and went... "WAIT". xD And I saw the movie where he plays Jack the Ripper the other night. From Hell. <3

I've BEEN excited for this since the beginning of this year, but I really haven't gotten hyped up about it until the past few days. :D

It looks so amazing. <3
I got hyped, with no idea of what it would be about. I trust Ridley Scott to blow my mind, like he blew my childhood mind many years ago. <3

Theart

Awards

Ohh, I thought you said Fassbender. >____> derp.

Nah, I think Fassbender will be more Bishop while Theron will be more Ash. ;)

I was just looking at Ash pics, and went... "WAIT". xD And I saw the movie where he plays Jack the Ripper the other night. From Hell. <3

It's ironic that the two other movies I know Ian Holm from besides LoTR are films with him as a villain. It's just so DIFFERENT from Bilbo Baggins. ;w;

I got hyped, with no idea of what it would be about. I trust Ridley Scott to blow my mind, like he blew my childhood mind many years ago. <3

He's an amazing director. <3

We're in for a KICKASS film. :D

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Nah, I think Fassbender will be more Bishop while Theron will be more Ash. ;)
I love to love Fassbender. Even as a murderer, I was completely on his side. <3 I wonder if he'll be the Noomi Rapace romantic equivalent of Hicks to Ripley.

It's ironic that the two other movies I know Ian Holm from besides LoTR are films with him as a villain. It's just so DIFFERENT from Bilbo Baggins. ;w;
Watch The Fifth Element, with Bruce Willis. Ian Holm is in that as well, but he's a good guy. <33

He's an amazing director. <3

We're in for a KICKASS film. :D
I know!
I've heard that Idris Elba and Ben Foster are also going to be in this.
Ben Foster was reaaaaaaally good in Pandorum (Sci-fi movie) so I'm kinda excited to see him in this~
I haven't seen Idris in anything, but I know he was in Thor. I'm not sure how good he was?

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

Wait. Hold up. HOLD UP.

Giger's involved in this?? Oh god this film just got a million times better. Giger's work is amazing. His designs from the first movie have yet to be topped.

Theart

Awards

Wait. Hold up. HOLD UP.

Giger's involved in this?? Oh god this film just got a million times better. Giger's work is amazing.

Yep. Giger's been confirmed to be designing a "major project" in the film with Ripley~ ;D

I love to love Fassbender. Even as a murderer, I was completely on his side. <3 I wonder if he'll be the Noomi Rapace romantic equivalent of Hicks to Ripley.

He won't. The romantic lead is apparently being played by an actor named Logan Marshall-Green. The love interest is named Holloway. ^_^

Watch The Fifth Element, with Bruce Willis. Ian Holm is in that as well, but he's a good guy. <33

I think he was also in The Day After Tomorrow. :)

I know!
I've heard that Idris Elba and Ben Foster are also going to be in this.
Ben Foster was reaaaaaaally good in Pandorum (Sci-fi movie) so I'm kinda excited to see him in this~
I haven't seen Idris in anything, but I know he was in Thor. I'm not sure how good he was?

I don't know much about either actor. xD

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

He won't. The romantic lead is apparently being played by an actor named Logan Marshall-Green. The love interest is named Holloway. ^_^
I am a tad disappoint. ;_; Oh well, it'll all be awesome.

I think he was also in The Day After Tomorrow. :)
OH GOD, HE WAS. HE WASSSSSSSSS.
I hope Lance Henrikson makes a small cameo. I mean, he did even for Aliens vs. Predator.

I don't know much about either actor. xD
Well, I trust on Foster's performance in Pandorum, that he can handle this. It's a sci-fi movie set entirely on a space ship, where there are creatures that have killed almost the entire crew. So.. yeah XD

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

Yep. Giger's been confirmed to be designing a "major project" in the film with Ripley~ ;D

Uguuu~~~~ so hype now. SO HYPE NOW. If he designs some environments, that'll be boss. But if he designs the new aliens... I just... I don't think my heart can take it.

Well, I trust on Foster's performance in Pandorum, that he can handle this. It's a sci-fi movie set entirely on a space ship, where there are creatures that have killed almost the entire crew. So.. yeah XD
Oh I loved that movie. It had such a wicked twist to it. I might have to go watch it again, though I've heard comparisons between it and an older film, Event Horizon (been meaning to watch that for ages). But yeah Ben Foster was great in that, and he's just as great in Breaking Bad. He's very good at playing characters with little to lose, I'm sure he'll have a similar role in this.
And Idris Elba stole the show in Thor. Most people walked away from that movie just going "holy shit Heimdall was badass". I've no doubt that role landed him quite alot of job opportunities, he was that good.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Oh I loved that movie. It had such a wicked twist to it. I might have to go watch it again, though I've heard comparisons between it and an older film, Event Horizon (been meaning to watch that for ages). But yeah Ben Foster was great in that, and he's just as great in Breaking Bad. He's very good at playing characters with little to lose, I'm sure he'll have a similar role in this.
And Idris Elba stole the show in Thor. Most people walked away from that movie just going "holy shit Heimdall was badass". I've no doubt that role landed him quite alot of job opportunities, he was that good.
Pandorum was one of those rare gems I found at the video rental place. Best rental choice ever, it was a really amazing Sci-fi and yes... the twist at the end was insane. <3 The whole concept behind the movie was chilling.
I haven't seen him in Breaking Bad, but I'm so excited for him.

I heard that Idris Elba did an amazing job with Thor and it kind of excites me to see him in Prometheus.

Theart

Awards

Uguuu~~~~ so hype now. SO HYPE NOW. If he designs some environments, that'll be boss. But if he designs the new aliens... I just... I don't think my heart can take it.

Personally? I think either Giger's designing the new alien or he's doing both environments and the alien. The set photos that have been leaked online SCREAM Giger (you can see 'em on Page 1 if you want), but from what I've heard in interviews and what-not, it sounds like he's designing the new alien(s).

Which makes sense, considering we'll probably be seeing the Space Jockey at some point in this movie, and if we really are dealing with "Xenomorph pregenitors", Giger is the best guy to design 'em.

I am a tad disappoint. ;_; Oh well, it'll all be awesome.

It makes sense though, considering Fassbender is playing an android and not a human. I don't recall the other movies ever suggesting any romance from the android characters.

OH GOD, HE WAS. HE WASSSSSSSSS.
I hope Lance Henrikson makes a small cameo. I mean, he did even for Aliens vs. Predator.

lol That'd be awesome, but the best Alien-related cameo was in Spaceballs~ <3

[video=youtube;aVZUVeMtYXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVZUVeMtYXc[/video]

Gotta love John Hurt as Kane. <3

LOL I see. ;)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

It makes sense though, considering Fassbender is playing an android and not a human. I don't recall the other movies ever suggesting any romance from the android characters.
Yeah you're right. ;__; They just seem to be commodities, like a cell phone. Except Ripley does seem to genuinely feel bad about Bishop.

lol That'd be awesome, but the best Alien-related cameo was in Spaceballs~ <3

[video=youtube;aVZUVeMtYXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVZUVeMtYXc[/video]

Gotta love John Hurt as Kane. <3
I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS SCENE. HOW DID I FORGET?

LOL I see. ;)
If you ever get a chance to see it, it's pretty interesting. Dennis Quaid is in it too.

Theart

Awards

Yeah you're right. ;__; They just seem to be commodities, like a cell phone. Except Ripley does seem to genuinely feel bad about Bishop.

Well, Ridley DID mention that he wanted to try to add a new twist to the android/replicant/robot routine in sci-fi stories, so who knows what we'll see happen with David. :D

I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS SCENE. HOW DID I FORGET?

xD I love that scene so much. <3
Not only because the Chestburster sings "Hello My Baby!" but the fact that they actually got John Hurt to cameo as an unnamed Kane and say "Oh no... Not again!!!" That combination is just downright hilarious. xDDDDDDDDDDDD

If you ever get a chance to see it, it's pretty interesting. Dennis Quaid is in it too.

Isn't he the dad from the 90s remake of "The Parent Trap" with Lindsay Lohan as the twins? xD

That said, I'll have to look into seeing that movie sometime soon. :D

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Well, Ridley DID mention that he wanted to try to add a new twist to the android/replicant/robot routine in sci-fi stories, so who knows what we'll see happen with David. :D
Did he? :D That's exciting! I wonder what that will be... I mean, in the fourth movie there's another Android who has very human feelings.

xD I love that scene so much. <3
Not only because the Chestburster sings "Hello My Baby!" but the fact that they actually got John Hurt to cameo as an unnamed Kane and say "Oh no... Not again!!!" That combination is just downright hilarious. xDDDDDDDDDDDD
I remember that now! Oh man it's been so long since I saw that movie. :D

Isn't he the dad from the 90s remake of "The Parent Trap" with Lindsay Lohan as the twins? xD

That said, I'll have to look into seeing that movie sometime soon. :D
Yeah he is! xD He does amazingly... don't judge him on that movie. XD

Theart

Awards

Did he? :D That's exciting! I wonder what that will be... I mean, in the fourth movie there's another Android who has very human feelings.

He did and he also said that there might be another robot/android besides David.

I remember that now! Oh man it's been so long since I saw that movie. :D

I need to see the whole movie. I've only seen bits and pieces of it from time to time. ;~;

Yeah he is! xD He does amazingly... don't judge him on that movie. XD

lol I don't remember much about the movie, but I did think he was good. :)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

He did and he also said that there might be another robot/android besides David.
Oh, that's exciting! There's never been two androids. :D

I need to see the whole movie. I've only seen bits and pieces of it from time to time. ;~;
It's one of those ones you definitely have to see the entirety of once. -nods-

lol I don't remember much about the movie, but I did think he was good. :)
He was pretty good. But he is like whoa in Pandorum. xD

Theart

Awards

Oh, that's exciting! There's never been two androids. :D

Indeed, and I suspect there will be notable differences between the two. :D

It's one of those ones you definitely have to see the entirety of once. -nods-

That's what I keep hearing! I wanna see it soon! ;~;

He was pretty good. But he is like whoa in Pandorum. xD

Awesome! :D I recall him also being in Day After Tomorrow if memory serves me right. C:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Indeed, and I suspect there will be notable differences between the two. :D
I wonder if one will be on Noomi's side, and one on the Company's. hmmm

That's what I keep hearing! I wanna see it soon! ;~;
xD Rick Morranis is ridiculous in it.

Awesome! :D I recall him also being in Day After Tomorrow if memory serves me right. C:
Yeah he was! He was my favorite part of it. :3 Awesome dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back