• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Alien: Covenant (Prometheus 2)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Re: Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" (AKA Alien Prequel/Spinoff)

As far off topic as this is, do yourself the hugest favor and just go ahead and marathon the entirety of Mel Brooks' filmography.

I've already seen Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein. :D

I wonder if one will be on Noomi's side, and one on the Company's. hmmm

I'm thinking this will be the case, with David as the android on Noomi's side and the other android on the Company's side. ;)

xD Rick Morranis is ridiculous in it.

I can imagine so. xD

Yeah he was! He was my favorite part of it. :3 Awesome dad.

Yep. :D

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I'm thinking this will be the case, with David as the android on Noomi's side and the other android on the Company's side. ;)
Yay David being a good guy. <3

Would... Noomi be working for the Company like Ripley was, ultimately realizing they're wrong?

Theart

Awards

Yay David being a good guy. <3

Would... Noomi be working for the Company like Ripley was, ultimately realizing they're wrong?

Probably, though she'd probably be higher up in the ranks than Ripley. Apparently the main cast of the movie are all scientists. :)

EDIT: Images of the Comic-Con footage have been leaked~

afootagesnaps.jpg

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Probably, though she'd probably be higher up in the ranks than Ripley. Apparently the main cast of the movie are all scientists. :)
That'll be so interesting, compared to Ripley's "fucking kill it" attitude. There may be actual scientific discussion. :D

EDIT: Images of the Comic-Con footage have been leaked~

afootagesnaps.jpg
OH MANNNNN. LOOK AT IT ALL.
oh god, how done are they ;~;

Theart

Awards

That'll be so interesting, compared to Ripley's "fucking kill it" attitude. There may be actual scientific discussion. :D

Yep. Though I imagine there will be plenty of "just kill the fucking thing(s)" from the cast in Prometheus once the blood starts to fall~ ;)

OH MANNNNN. LOOK AT IT ALL.
oh god, how done are they ;~;

I think they've already finished shooting. :)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Yep. Though I imagine there will be plenty of "just kill the fucking thing(s)" from the cast in Prometheus once the blood starts to fall~ ;)
Totally, but things might be explained more. Which would be nice~

I think they've already finished shooting. :)
YAY. ;D

Theart

Awards

Totally, but things might be explained more. Which would be nice~

True. :D And actually some folks at other sites seem to be thinking David might be a replicant like in Blade Runner, so maybe the scientists are working for a different company than "Mother"? :D

It probably is the Company though~ ;)

Still... we gotta wait for a year now for the thing to come out. ;_;

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

Yeah that one comic con interview you posted, Ridley Scott said they were filming the last scene (which will be the fist scene in the movie). So by now they should be done filming, but that still leaves alot of post-production work to be done.

But I love those screen caps. Scott has such an eye for color when it comes to sifi. He's one of the only people that creates a believable future.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

True. :D And actually some folks at other sites seem to be thinking David might be a replicant like in Blade Runner, so maybe the scientists are working for a different company than "Mother"? :D

It probably is the Company though~ ;)
Oh sweet jesus, Blade Runner. xD That's pretty interesting.

Still... we gotta wait for a year now for the thing to come out. ;_;
I know. ;__; But it'll be just like waiting for the Hobbit... soon but not soon enough.

But I love those screen caps. Scott has such an eye for color when it comes to sifi. He's one of the only people that creates a believable future.
He really does. Scott never over exaggerates what the future could be like, he simply depicts realistic yet totally surreal surroundings. I mean, Alien seemed pretty plausible... the technology/weaponry/etc.

Theart

Awards

Oh sweet jesus, Blade Runner. xD That's pretty interesting.

Indeed. I dunno if it'll be happening though. xD

I know. ;__; But it'll be just like waiting for the Hobbit... soon but not soon enough.

And The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man and Avengers... if 2012 IS the end of the world, at least it went out on a high note for films. ;_;

He really does. Scott never over exaggerates what the future could be like, he simply depicts realistic yet totally surreal surroundings. I mean, Alien seemed pretty plausible... the technology/weaponry/etc.

Agreed. The only time I ever thought Scott was off with his vision of the future was in Blade Runner. I could see a world like that existing, but I think his timing was too soon. ;)

Theart

Awards

OMG. o_o The trailer for Prometheus was leaked recently, and I just managed to watch it this morning. Here's the video on YouTube, so anyone wanting to see this, watch it before it's taken down. xD

[video=youtube;2r5YGGKRIEI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r5YGGKRIEI[/video]

Can I just say "EPIC"?! o_o Seriously, this looks amazing. <3

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Can't watch it right now. :( (at work actually).
Haven't followed up on it in a while, is it still connected to the Alien universe, or is it compeletely separate?

Theart

Awards

Can't watch it right now. :( (at work actually).
Haven't followed up on it in a while, is it still connected to the Alien universe, or is it compeletely separate?

It's always been set in the Alien universe. The question hanging in the air is whether or not we can refer to it as an Alien prequel or not. Most of the people involved don't seem to be wanting to refer it as that, but everyone's admitted that it has some details connecting it to Alien.

Here's what the CEO of FOX Entertainment, Tim Rothman, recently said about the film and whether or not it's an Alien prequel.

“I suppose if you want to definitionally be that literal, but it does it a great disservice. I will tell you, here’s the way to think about it. If you looked at the whole movie, 95 percent of it is entirely unto itself. Ridley said it right: If you’re a fan and you look closely, you’ll spot strands of DNA.”

In all honesty, Prometheus is coming across to me as a cross between 2001: A Space Odyssey and Alien. Here's the movie's synopsis, if I haven't already posted it on here.

Ridley Scott, director of “Alien” and “Blade Runner,” returns to the genre he helped define. With PROMETHEUS, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.”

Also, they recently released several official screenshots too. :)

EW_prompics_1.jpg

EW_prompics_2.jpg

EW_prompics_3.jpg

EW_prompics_4.jpg

EW_prompics_5.jpg

I'll be totally honest: I might end up being more excited for Prometheus than any of the other big blockbusters coming out next year. This movie looks intense. o_o

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

The movie looks amazing. So excited for this movie, but god, the wait! :<

Haha, as much as I'm anticipating this movie, it feels like 30 years too late. He really should've done sci-fi movies throughout his career. Nonetheless, I'm also excited as hell for the other sci-fi movies he's got planned -- The Forever War and Brave New World. @_@

Theart

Awards

The movie looks amazing. So excited for this movie, but god, the wait! :<

Haha, as much as I'm anticipating this movie, it feels like 30 years too late. He really should've done sci-fi movies throughout his career. Nonetheless, I'm also excited as hell for the other sci-fi movies he's got planned -- The Forever War and Brave New World. @_@

IDK about that. I'm of the opinion that Ridley Scott matured a lot more as a director by doing all these different types of films over the years, and hopefully that maturity will reflect with the skills he already had with his previous sci-fi films. Prometheus looks amazing. <3

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

IDK about that. I'm of the opinion that Ridley Scott matured a lot more as a director by doing all these different types of films over the years, and hopefully that maturity will reflect with the skills he already had with his previous sci-fi films. Prometheus looks amazing. <3

I sort of agree. I'm not saying he should've focused solely on sci-fi, just that he should've gone back to it once in a while. He hasn't done a single movie in that genre for about 30 years, he's old as fuck now, I just hope he doesn't kick the bucket before the other movies are made. I don't think any of his other movies reach the level of Blade Runner, and that was in his prime; it's obvious sci-fi is his place. I also don't think he'll be able to reach that level with Prometheus, but regardless of that I'm anxious to see it.

Theart

Awards

I sort of agree. I'm not saying he should've focused solely on sci-fi, just that he should've gone back to it once in a while. He hasn't done a single movie in that genre for about 30 years, he's old as fuck now, I just hope he doesn't kick the bucket before the other movies are made. I don't think any of his other movies reach the level of Blade Runner, and that was in his prime; it's obvious sci-fi is his place. I also don't think he'll be able to reach that level with Prometheus, but regardless of that I'm anxious to see it.

IDK. I personally prefer Alien over Blade Runner, and to be quite honest, Prometheus looks like something that, if done right, I'd prefer even over Alien. That's the thing, we all have different opinions at the end of the day. :)

Theart

Awards

The trailer has been officially released online~! ^_^ It's also being shown in theaters with The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo! And I must say, this trailer is PHENOMENAL.

[video=youtube;W2YJ1jZbLLw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2YJ1jZbLLw[/video]

Thoughts, anyone? ^_^

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back