• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Alien: Covenant (Prometheus 2)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Promlogofairuse.jpg

[video=youtube;W2YJ1jZbLLw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2YJ1jZbLLw[/video]

Official Synopsis said:
"Visionary filmmaker Ridley Scott returns to the genre he helped define, creating an original science fiction epic set in the most dangerous corners of the universe. The film takes a team of scientists and explorers on a thrilling journey that will test their physical and mental limits and strand them on a distant world, where they will discover the answers to our most profound questions and to life's ultimate mystery."

The movie stars Noomi Rapace as a Ripley-esque character named Elizabeth Shaw, Charlize Theron is 'Veckers', a strict and mysterious "suit" type of character and Michael Fassbender is an android named David.

So far, only one official image has been released aside from the logo, though there WAS footage shown at Comic Con.

285461_230382797001979_185342891505970_664850_2560725_n.jpg

Comic Con Footage Description said:
"And then the actual footage from the film starts, and its a huge flood of creeptastic imagery that recalls Alien but also a bit of 2001: A Space Odyssey. There are guys in pressure suits exploring an ancient chamber with weird hieroglyphs, and a guy in a spacesuit walking through a sliding door into a clean white chamber. And a guy (who might be Michael Fassbender) pulling a weird jelly-looking thing out of a canister. And as Ridley Scott's voiceover notes that things that may look small in the film will turn out to be important, there is a shot of a drop of blood on a finger. There is Charlize Theron on a table with bandages wrapped around her breasts, as though she's waking from hypersleep.

And then the footage gets faster and more furious, with a guy in a visor looking down at something, a woman in a suit walking into a red entryway, and a globe, and then Scott says, "The cast find an establishment which is not what they expected it to be, it's a civilization but what we find in it is very uncivilized behavior." And then there is insane carnage and people with goop inside their space helmets and someone shooting a flamethrower, and mayhem breaking loose in confined spaces. Meanwhile, Scott's voiceover is saying that there will be biomechanoids and the film will "break new ground." We see a giant pale planet with rings around it."

However, there's also been some spy photos of the set, my personal favorite being the one below~

o-new-prometheus-set-pics-offer-first-look-at-alien-world.jpg

This (along with The Hobbit Part 1, The Dark Knight Rises and The Amazing Spider-Man) is one of the many reasons I think 2012 will be an amazing year for movies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Theart

Awards
Re: Ridley Scott's "Prometheus" (AKA Alien Prequel/Spinoff)

Oh shi-- I am excite! I loved Alien :3

Yeah, it's one of my all-time favorite films. Ripley Scott is an ace director and the casting is fucking solid for Prometheus, so I think we're in for a fantastic film.

Here's some more set photos, btw~

4e157ad656cb4-2.jpg

entrance-450x335.jpg

While it's not confirmed, it's heavily implied/rumored that Prometheus will be answer the question about the "Space Jockey" from the first film.

Here's a pic of it, just in case you've forgot~
1979_alien_006.jpg

That said, we're probably going to be seeing more of an entirely different/new species of alien(s) in Prometheus, since we apparently won't be seeing the classic Xenomorphs this time around. Word is that the alien antagonists this time around appear to be pregenitors of the xenomorphs, but IDK if it's true or not.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

YES. I remember reading about Ridley Scott working on a new movie (one of my favorite directors, gotta keep tabs), I had no idea he was returning to the genre that made him famous. Ohhh I can't wait. If this does turn out to be an Alien prequel, I'm going have a heart attack.

Theart

Awards

YES. I remember reading about Ridley Scott working on a new movie (one of my favorite directors, gotta keep tabs), I had no idea he was returning to the genre that made him famous. Ohhh I can't wait. If this does turn out to be an Alien prequel, I'm going have a heart attack.

It pretty much IS a prequel, but not in the usual way. Prometheus began as an Alien prequel, but as the story developed, Ridley Scott decided to explore overall more original territory while maintaining a connecting vein of DNA from the first Alien film in Prometheus. C:

[video=youtube;iirmU1U0UC8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iirmU1U0UC8[/video]

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I'm so excited!
I love the Alien series. They were my entire childhood and a huge kick-off to my interest in sci-fi.
Ridley Scott is a genius, and I cannot wait.<3

Theart

Awards

I'm so excited!
I love the Alien series. They were my entire childhood and a huge kick-off to my interest in sci-fi.
Ridley Scott is a genius, and I cannot wait.<3

I've only seen the first two entirely. I know what happens in Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection, but thanks to my good luck, I can imagine neither film ever happened. C:

But yeah, Ridley Scott is a genius. :D He's come up with so many great films. <3

Speaking of the mastermind, here's an epic interview he did live at Comic-Con this year from Iceland, and we also get to see the star Noomi Rapace with Ridley at the second half of the interview. :D

[video=youtube;5LeIce4lc8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LeIce4lc8s[/video]

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I've only seen the first two entirely. I know what happens in Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection, but thanks to my good luck, I can imagine neither film ever happened. C:

But yeah, Ridley Scott is a genius. :D He's come up with so many great films. <3

Speaking of the mastermind, here's an epic interview he did live at Comic-Con this year from Iceland, and we also get to see the star Noomi Rapace with Ridley at the second half of the interview. :D

[video=youtube;5LeIce4lc8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LeIce4lc8s[/video]

Aww, I like all four of them. xD

I'm so surprised Noomi Rapace is the one starring in this film; she's such a great actress.

Theart

Awards

The third one sounds alright overall, but the fourth one is just an insult to the series, IMO. xD

I'm so surprised Noomi Rapace is the one starring in this film; she's such a great actress.

Ridley became a huge fan of hers after seeing The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo~ C:

Noomi IS an awesome actress, and the other two leads (Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron) are fantastic as well, so I think we're in for some epic acting here~ <3

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

The third one sounds alright overall, but the fourth one is just an insult to the series, IMO. xD
The third one is reaaaaaaally good. Bishop being broken, Newt and Hicks dying... Ripley having to come to terms with that she's going to die and making the ultimate choice to kill herself and destroy the Queen/make sure the Company can't use it.. ugh. <3

4 actually... isn't bad. You just have to make the conscious effort to realize that she is no longer Ripley. I don't know if my opinion is affected because of nostalgia though. xD

Ridley became a huge fan of hers after seeing The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo~ C:

Noomi IS an awesome actress, and the other two leads (Michael Fassbender and Charlize Theron) are fantastic as well, so I think we're in for some epic acting here~ <3
TGWTDT is how I became a fan of Rapace. :3333
And Michael Fassbender really won me over with his performance of Magneto in First Class (he stole the show~).

I remember Theron from Hancock, but I'm not sure of how excited I am to see her in this.
I'm definitely stoked for the other two.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards

NOOMI RAPACE? IN MY ALIENS??

*pre-orders tickets* I love her. I'm seeing Sherlock Holmes because of her.

lol

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

NOOMI RAPACE? IN MY ALIENS??

*pre-orders tickets* I love her. I'm seeing Sherlock Holmes because of her.

lol
Noomi Rapace: finding her way into all your fandoms~~~

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com

So it takes place in the Alien universe, but it's not going to have any Xenomorphes. Alright that's cool. =O Especially if it explains the Space Jockey. That whole exploration scene in the first movie left so many unanswered questions.

Theart

Awards

The third one is reaaaaaaally good. Bishop being broken, Newt and Hicks dying... Ripley having to come to terms with that she's going to die and making the ultimate choice to kill herself and destroy the Queen/make sure the Company can't use it.. ugh. <3

On paper, that all sounds interesting, and I might watch the full version that the director intended for people to see.
However, I still think it's a waste of EPIC characters by immediately killing off Newt and Hicks. :C

4 actually... isn't bad. You just have to make the conscious effort to realize that she is no longer Ripley. I don't know if my opinion is affected because of nostalgia though. xD
The idea of the clone Ripley never bothered me. In fact, the concept of her having to struggle with the fact that she has unique abilities thanks to the Alien influence on her DNA was awesome. I just didn't like the sound of the overall film.

TGWTDT is how I became a fan of Rapace. :3333
I've seen bits and pieces of TGWTDT and plan to see the whole film when I get back home from the family reunion. C:

And Michael Fassbender really won me over with his performance of Magneto in First Class (he stole the show~).
Michael Fassbender. <3
Probably my favorite actor around at the moment. :D

tumblr_lmfc3r3wrX1qcnhhzo1_500.gif

I remember Theron from Hancock, but I'm not sure of how excited I am to see her in this.
I'm definitely stoked for the other two.
I saw Theron in other films and she's certainly a good actress. However, I do admit Rapace and Fassbender are the two highlights for me. C:

So it takes place in the Alien universe, but it's not going to have any Xenomorphes. Alright that's cool. =O Especially if it explains the Space Jockey. That whole exploration scene in the first movie left so many unanswered questions.

The alien antagonists in the Comic-Con footage were described as "xenomorph pregenitors" by those who saw the footage. I'm really curious as to what's going on with these people with goop inside their helmets that were mentioned.

But yeah, the Space Jockey is what I'm looking forward to, though I think we won't see 'em until the end of the film.

That said, just the overall idea of this film REALLY has me excited. :D

Last edited:

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is the shit. You gotta watch it sometime.

Theart

Awards

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is the shit. You gotta watch it sometime.

I've actually been talking about it a lot with my family here at the reunion. Grandparents and aunts/uncles REALLY loved it. :D

I'm already confident the best performance of the film will either be Noomi Rapace or Michael Fassbender. :D

tumblr_lo1ymnD4KY1qcnhhzo1_500.gif

anigifn.gif

That said, read this~
http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/60631184.html

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

On paper, that all sounds interesting, and I might watch the full version that the director intended for people to see.
However, I still think it's a waste of EPIC characters by immediately killing off Newt and Hicks. :C
Bishop is pretty much dead as well, and it's really sad... but they wanted Ripley to have a solo battle. And the prison... well, I wouldn't want Newt there in the first place.

The idea of the clone Ripley never bothered me. In fact, the concept of her having to struggle with the fact that she has unique abilities thanks to the Alien influence on her DNA was awesome. I just didn't like the sound of the overall film.
It's pretty good. It shows how the company lets things ultimately spiral out of control, in their need to research and use the Aliens. So many company deaths. 8D

I've seen bits and pieces of TGWTDT and plan to see the whole film when I get back home from the family reunion. C:
So good. I've seen the whole Millenium Trilogy, and can say Noomi Rapace was the best thing of the whole series. No one comes close!

Michael Fassbender. <3
Probably my favorite actor around at the moment. :D

tumblr_lmfc3r3wrX1qcnhhzo1_500.gif

I saw Theron in other films and she's certainly a good actress. However, I do admit Rapace and Fassbender are the two highlights for me. C:
He's so great. :DD
Yeah she's good... maybe she'll die. XD

The alien antagonists in the Comic-Con footage were described as "xenomorph pregenitors" by those who saw the footage. I'm really curious as to what's going on with these people with goop inside their helmets that were mentioned.

But yeah, the Space Jockey is what I'm looking forward to, though I think we won't see 'em until the end of the film.

That said, just the overall idea of this film REALLY has me excited. :D
I'm not surprised. The alien we're accustomed to only looks like that because it was using humans as hosts.

In Aliens 3, the Xenomorph uses a dog as a host and it becomes a much faster, sleeker design than the ones we usually see.

I've always wondered what it looked like after using that Giant alien in the first movie, or what it looked like before using it.

Theart

Awards

Bishop is pretty much dead as well, and it's really sad... but they wanted Ripley to have a solo battle. And the prison... well, I wouldn't want Newt there in the first place.

Just the same, Newt is the one character I REALLY wish hadn't been killed off. Not only because she was just a kid, but I felt it would've been interesting and poignant to see the mother-daughter relationship one last time as Ripley made her last stand. I think her sacrifice might've even been a bit more effective than it already was if Newt were still alive: to die protecting her "daughter".

He's so great. :DD

That he is. That he is...

fassyswag.gif

Yeah she's good... maybe she'll die. XD

I think she probably will. She seems to be the one from the Company this time around...

I've always wondered what it looked like after using that Giant alien in the first movie, or what it looked like before using it.

The "giant alien" is called the Space Jockey. C:

That said, the alien that came from that one, regardless of whatever appearance it had, was presumably from a facehugger just like the rest.

My guess is that the Xenomorphs were weaponized versions of an alien race (weaponized even in their creation/birth) that we'll be introduced to in Prometheus.

I think it ties back to the "goop" that Fassbender's character sees inside a crewmember's helmet. That almost sounds similar to the facehuggers, but IDK what it'd do. xD

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Just the same, Newt is the one character I REALLY wish hadn't been killed off. Not only because she was just a kid, but I felt it would've been interesting and poignant to see the mother-daughter relationship one last time as Ripley made her last stand. I think her sacrifice might've even been a bit more effective than it already was if Newt were still alive: to die protecting her "daughter".
That's definitely true. At the end though, besides about one or two guys from the prison... the company was there. I think Newt would have been fucked. D: I did really like her in the second movie though, I remember being really heartbroken about it.

That he is. That he is...

fassyswag.gif
I really hope he doesn't die in this. ;____;
he's so swag

I think she probably will. She seems to be the one from the Company this time around...
Oh man, then it's more than likely she will... Do we know how many years before Alien this is set?

The "giant alien" is called the Space Jockey. C:

That said, the alien that came from that one, regardless of whatever appearance it had, was presumably from a facehugger just like the rest.
Is that the fandom name, or Scott's name for it? I never knew, honestly I've only been able to share my love of this series with my mom and one of my best friends. But they're not nerdy at all, so I never learn anything other than what I pick up from rewatching. xD

My guess is that the Xenomorphs were weaponized versions of an alien race (weaponized even in their creation/birth) that we'll be introduced to in Prometheus.

I think it ties back to the "goop" that Fassbender's character sees inside a crewmember's helmet. That almost sounds similar to the facehuggers, but IDK what it'd do. xD
It's all a very interesting concept. This really looks like an origin story, that I'm very excited for. :3

Theart

Awards

That's definitely true. At the end though, besides about one or two guys from the prison... the company was there. I think Newt would have been fucked. D: I did really like her in the second movie though, I remember being really heartbroken about it.

I dunno. I mean, what could the Company have done to Newt? The Alien was gone and there weren't any more eggs (from what I've heard).

I really hope he doesn't die in this. ;____;
he's so swag

I don't know. From what I've heard, he's playing an android named David. I'm hoping he's more like Bishop than Ash. :)

Oh man, then it's more than likely she will... Do we know how many years before Alien this is set?

To my knowledge, no we don't know. xD

Is that the fandom name, or Scott's name for it? I never knew, honestly I've only been able to share my love of this series with my mom and one of my best friends. But they're not nerdy at all, so I never learn anything other than what I pick up from rewatching. xD

I believe it's Scott's name, but I'm not sure. xD

It's all a very interesting concept. This really looks like an origin story, that I'm very excited for. :3

Well, it IS and it ISN'T. There are supposed to be concepts that set up Alien, but Prometheus apparently is done in a way that it could become its own series within the Alien universe. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back