• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

All the Final Fantasy coming to Switch (not literally) [VII, IX, X/X2, WoFF, XII, Chocobo MD]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

That makes 8 FF titles (9 counting X2 as separate) Switch bound.

WoFF is a newer version too.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Fantastic news for Switch owners. Need that WoFF expansion that they're adding to the port to make its way over to PS4 though. Need me some Zack and Noctis ;~;

Edit: spoke too soon, it's coming to PS4

[FONT=&quot]The full list of the announced [/FONT]FINAL FANTASY[FONT=&quot] titles and platforms are available below:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
NINTENDO SWITCH
  • FINAL FANTASY® CRYSTAL CHRONICLES® Remastered Edition
  • Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!â„¢
  • FINAL FANTASY® VII
  • FINAL FANTASY® IX
  • FINAL FANTASY® X / X-2 HD Remaster
  • FINAL FANTASY® XII THE ZODIAC AGE®
  • FINAL FANTASY® XV POCKET EDITION HD
  • WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY® MAXIMA
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
XBOX ONE
  • FINAL FANTASY® VII
  • FINAL FANTASY® IX
  • FINAL FANTASY® X / X-2 HD Remaster
  • FINAL FANTASY® XII THE ZODIAC AGE®
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
PLAYSTATION®4 SYSTEM
  • FINAL FANTASY® CRYSTAL CHRONICLES® Remastered Edition
  • Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!â„¢
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
PC

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Fantastic news for Switch owners. Need that WoFF expansion that they're adding to the port to make its way over to PS4 though. Need me some Zack and Noctis ;~;

Edit: spoke too soon, it's coming to PS4
i wonder if world of ff will still have the sora dlc or not

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Impressive, fleshed out library coming. It's always nice to have options, though only two games and one expansion (if this is even confirmed as DLC for WoFF owners) are really of interest since we have everything else on (possibly) multiple platforms.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It had no remaster version on PS4
They come off the mobile versions first, so it'd need a mobile port.

But it's no excuse, Square jumped from VII to IX with the mobile ports and VIII has been ignored. If it's because of the licensing of the song in the game then I'd wish Square would just suck it up and pay for the right to use it.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
They come off the mobile versions first, so it'd need a mobile port.

But it's no excuse, Square jumped from VII to IX with the mobile ports and VIII has been ignored. If it's because of the licensing of the song in the game then I'd wish Square would just suck it up and pay for the right to use it.

ok I'm surprised that seems like a big deal when most of time, it's 7 overrated or 8 is terrible

sorry I said that, didn't realize that's another hate people have for SE because of that

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
XBOX ONE
FINAL FANTASY® VII
FINAL FANTASY® IX
FINAL FANTASY® X / X-2 HD Remaster
FINAL FANTASY® XII THE ZODIAC AGE®
FINAL FANTASY® XV POCKET EDITION HD
WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY® MAXIMA
& here I thought they were done with the ports of older games. They'll do this but not 1.5+2.5+2.8?

blank points

Awards
Oh man. Can't tell you how pumped I am for WOFF: Maxima. While I am a tad disappointed that it is not a sequel, it looks like there will be some new story content added. Seems to me it is like the Final Mix for WOFF. Hopefully that means it's still possible for it to become a proper series.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY MAXIMA

If you want a crash course on what FINAL FANTASY is all about, as well as the chance to meet many of the heroes from different FINAL FANTASY games in one place, then WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY MAXIMA is for you!

WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY MAXIMA is the powered up version of WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY which was originally released in October 2016.

Embark on a magical journey with siblings Reynn and Lann as they explore the vast land of Grymoire to rediscover their past and save the future.

With charming and stylised visuals, you can capture, customise and evolve iconic creatures by stacking them to form adorable yet strategic monster towers.

New characters from FINAL FANTASY lore (Champions) and monsters (Mirages) add even more fun and excitement to this unique adventure in WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY MAXIMA!

Releasing 6th November 2018 on: Nintendo Switch | Xbox One | PlayStation 4 | Steam

Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY!

Chocobos don't just kick, and aren't just cute!

Take one step forward and change the world in this spectacular return to 2007’s FINAL FANTASY FABLES: Chocobo's Dungeon, specially designed for new gaming systems.

The rules to this mysterious dungeon are simple… every time you enter, the world around you changes shape, but it only moves whenever Chocobo moves, whether Chocobo walks, kicks, or uses an item.

Fight monsters alongside your buddies and adventure through countless dungeons, all whilst enjoying a deep and engaging story, it even includes 2-player co-op play!

Releasing this winter on: Nintendo Switch | PlayStation 4

FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition

The classic co-op action RPG FINAL FANTASY Crystal Chronicles has been completely remastered, and now even includes a new online multiplayer mode so that you and up to three friends can adventure together!

For those of you who have played the original title, there are even new areas inside dungeons, so there’s so much more to explore than ever before!

Releasing 2019 on: Nintendo Switch | PlayStation 4

The rest of the PR info don't list any additions or changes to the other games.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'm insanely hyped for Chocobo, I was a scrub when that come out last and I never beat it.

I'm kinda confused how the WoFF content is being handled on PS4. Is it an update like the Royal Edition or do they expect us to buy the whole game again lol?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm insanely hyped for Chocobo, I was a scrub when that come out last and I never beat it.

I'm kinda confused how the WoFF content is being handled on PS4. Is it an update like the Royal Edition or do they expect us to buy the whole game again lol?
It will be available as DLC. There will also be a fishing mini game with Noctis.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'm happy for Switch owners. I really feel like the system is finally fleshing out.

One thing that boggles me is that they are providing 7, 9, 10, and 12, but where is 8. And it's not just the Switch. No port of 8 whatsoever. I wonder if they are doing something with it under the curtain. hmm.

Leaferian

Awards
I'm so excited about WoFF Maxima! And the fact that there will be new areas to dungeons in Crystal Chronicles is WONDERFUL.

CC is my alltime favorite Final Fantasy game, and my gamecube copy has been failing for a while now so this is really the best news of the year for me. I can't wait to finally play this again. I really hope they add new appearance choices for characters too. <3

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm glad Maxima is essentially the Royal Edition of WoFF, rather than needing a complete repurchase, something the older Dissidia / Theatrhythm games could have benefited from.

Also, VIII won't be ignored forever. The X/X-2 Remaster practically heralded all the PS1 era ports. Also, methinks they have something planned for an anniversary~

Back