• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

All the Final Fantasy coming to Switch (not literally) [VII, IX, X/X2, WoFF, XII, Chocobo MD]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
FFVII is out now for the Switch!
Grabbed it! Am gonna play it once I finish the Pocket Edition of FINAL FANTASY XV. It's a shame. I had bought the Megaman X collection to complete my Megaman trilogy (Megaman Legacy and 11), but I'm too busy playing FF ahah.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
TBH, I think the only one of these I'll get is X/X2. I got 7/9/12 on PS4 so I'm not entirely motivated to pay such high prices for more copies ATM (especially when I still intend to someday plat FF7). X/X2 however are a bit older, PS3 version & I ain't hooking that system back up for the foreseeable future. Plus I've never actually beaten X2 at all on PS2 back in the day, so it's inherently the game I have the most reason to go back to.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
TBH, I think the only one of these I'll get is X/X2. I got 7/9/12 on PS4 so I'm not entirely motivated to pay such high prices for more copies ATM (especially when I still intend to someday plat FF7). X/X2 however are a bit older, PS3 version & I ain't hooking that system back up for the foreseeable future. Plus I've never actually beaten X2 at all on PS2 back in the day, so it's inherently the game I have the most reason to go back to.
I really like how much of a better port FINAL FANTASY VII is compared to FFIX. It feels smoother. And I'm getting FFX/X-2 a week from now to re-experience the story, and finally get to play X-2.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
While I can appreciate the older code is lost, and not everyone is keen enough for the game it seems, it does make me feel a little sad Final Fantasy VIII is never mentioned
It was my first entry to the series, and I truly did enjoy it. Maybe some day, but who knows.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The old code was lost for the other games too, they all get reverse engineered from retail copies. Square just doesn't GAF about 8.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The old code was lost for the other games too, they all get reverse engineered from retail copies. Square just doesn't GAF about 8.
It surprises me that they've re-released and remade FINAL FANTASY II, a game with a much more divisive battle system reception, than FFVIII.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
They haven't ported I & II lately, those are like the only ones wthout a Steam release now.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Wow, I never would've thought VIII was disliked that much? Especially to get overlooked by the company itself.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
FINAL FANTASY VIII sold well. And you guys have to remember that the game is already available in PSN on some Sony platforms. I just think that, perhaps, Square Enix as a company have an organizational behavior that doesn't seem to favor FFVIII, seeing as how it was a game co-developed alongside FFIX, reason as to why they're both only a year apart of each other from release.

I also think there's a possibility of them thinking of either remaking the game a la KINGDOM HEARTS HD remaster (where they lost the original source code), or outright FFVIII being the next FF title they remake after FFVII.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Update: The Switch & XB1 versions of VII have been patched to fix the music bug & black screens during FMVs. The PS4 version still has the music bug, meaning that the Nintendo & XBox consoles currently have the best version of Final Fantasy VII. Just let that sink in for a moment.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Update: The Switch & XB1 versions of VII have been patched to fix the music bug & black screens during FMVs. The PS4 version still has the music bug, meaning that the Nintendo & XBox consoles currently have the best version of Final Fantasy VII. Just let that sink in for a moment.
Yeah I read about that earlier today. A bit odd, but the PS4 patch is inevitable. I definitely need to replay FFVII before the Remake’s release.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
It's ridiculous how they have ignored PS4 users for 4 years, and still do! Yet, they listened to Switch users immediately and that patch couldn't have come out any faster for them.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
*coughREMAKEcough*

Kiddiiin', hahaha. But yeah, very curious the missing patch for the PS4 version. Maybe something to do with Sony's policies?

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
No, this is definitely on Square Enix. The game got a patch last year, not to fix the much complained about music bug but some random chocobo racing related issue in Gold Saucer...

The fact that Square Enix can't even be bothered to mention PS4 in their tweets tells me they're not even trying. If this wasn't on them, they would have mentioned submitting a patch to Sony and waiting for it to be approved or something.

Back