• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Already playing? Get in here! Your BbS impressions thread.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Both Aqua and Terra sound dull from the playthrough videos I've seen. I find them so emotionless, unexcited, and unbelievable in the enthusiasm the dialogue seems so desperate to convey. As for Ventus, he sounds much dorkier than I thought he would be. :-/

It doesn't surprise me that Ven sounded a little dorky.

I like everyone's voices, so....

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Terra on the other hand…

To each his own then.

If you are looking for a place to grind though, the Ballroom in the Castle of Dreams is pretty good place early on.
I'll keep that in mind.

On my way to the third world and I still have yet to try the Command Board. I keep telling myself to wait a bit longer.
I'm hearing differently from everyone I ask. Some people say it's a lot of fun, and others say it's a waste of time and incredibly boring.

YUPPP

Both Aqua and Terra sound dull from the playthrough videos I've seen. I find them so emotionless, unexcited, and unbelievable in the enthusiasm the dialogue seems so desperate to convey. As for Ventus, he sounds much dorkier than I thought he would sound. :/

I thought the same for Terra. I actually really like Aqua's voice, which is surprising seeing as how I hated her in trailers.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
Anh, the words are there, but there's no power there to make them memorable, or be ingrained into my head.

To each their own.

I'm pretty satisfied with the cast.

I'm hearing differently from everyone I ask. Some people say it's a lot of fun, and others say it's a waste of time and incredibly boring.

TBQH It looks incredibly boring to me. But I'll just wait til Tuesday to play it myself.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
@Silh i agree when i first herd aqua's english voice i was kinda disappointed. now it doesnt. Terra though i imagined his voice totally different.....
When i played the Japanese version of the game i only used the command board once =/

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
To each their own.

I'm pretty satisfied with the cast.

As am I :)

TBQH It looks incredibly boring to me. But I'll just wait til Tuesday to play it myself.

Yeah, it kinda does. But I want to believe it's as fun as everyone says it is and give it a try first before making my decision.

RonXsilva

So im guess playing the Command Boards is just a matter of opinon either you will love it or hate it

I personally dont mind the mini games I remeber playing Poker in Red Dead Redemption for hours I just had to clean everyone out xD

VagueSimplicity

Awards
Yeah, I figured it'd be YOU who is the one to say that >_>
I can attest to his statement as well. You can sometimes be a jerk about things. But I can't blame you for not spotting the difference between the two; I couldn't either until everyone reminded me who the OP was.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So im guess playing the Command Boards is just a matter of opinon either you will love it or hate it

I personally dont mind the mini games I remeber playing Poker in Red Dead Redemption for hours I just had to clean everyone out xD

I was like that playing FF8. I just had to get all the rare Triple Triad cards.

I always thought Aqua's voice sounded like a Power ranger really.

Anyone in particular?

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
I always thought Aqua's voice sounded like a Power ranger really.

1452.gif

I was like that playing FF8. I just had to get all the rare Triple Triad cards.
I was such a slacker with those Triad cards. LOL I think I only ever got 1 rare one....XD

Oh, I have a question about the Command Board. It's kind of silly, but I just want to make sure. The Command Board is just an optional minigame, right?

Because if it's boring it's going to suck having to deal with it throughout the game...

Last edited by a moderator:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Oh, I have a question about the Command Board. It's kind of silly, but I just want to make sure. The Command Board is just an optional minigame, right?

Because if it's boring it's going to suck having to deal with it throughout the game...

Yup. It's completely optional ^^

YUPPP

KBAI.

Yes it's optional.
It's not very boring though. Not very fun but not very boring.
Try it out you may like it.

RonXsilva

Thats what im going to do give it a try I personally think I will enjoy it aint nothing like OMG its AWSOME GAMEPLAY but cute lil side game

VentusVictory

Awards
Riding the Battle Subway to Gamestop for Dissidia

I'm really looking foward to the Command Board, but it is a matter of personal opinion. It probably doesn't hold a candle to the actual BBS gameplay though.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Got through the Land of Departure just now.

-Voice acting IS kinda droney, but I guess it's not that bad. I've heard worse. Eraqus is easily the one with the best voice acting so far, which is unsurprising considering it's Mark Hamill. Osment gives a different vibe to Vanitas than his JP VA, but it still works.

-Master Xehanort makes me giggle with his facial expressions.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Kind of a mild spoiler there, Paolo. You'd have to be pretty savvy to make the connection, but I threw in the spoiler tags for you just in case there are people around who didn't already know. To add though, his voice acting is pretty convincing. A lot less Sora-ish, that's for sure.

Braig is one tough customer. Fought him probably about five times before I got it right. First time I've ever had to use my command deck, too. The cutscene afterwards was kept in tact as far as I can tell.

The Command Board is neat. I'm surprised there's actually some hate for it. I could kills lots of time with it and it's perfect for those command cards I don't want to bother leveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back