• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► 'Always Been Curious About This -

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Charlie

Is it possible to be in love with two people at the same time?

Random question that's been floating in my head for a while.
Half of my friends have been through this shit.
They'll end up latching onto one person for whatever amount of time, and then less than a month later -
They'll be whining to me about how they 'can't seem to decide' if they're actually in love, or if their feelings are just ridden out of lust.

Personally, I think that in that scenario -
You'd be holding back your feelings toward those two in some attempt to balance it.
Or you'd favor one more than the other.

There's no simple answer.
But I want to see if you'll lean toward a similar response.
Your thoughts?

:D! ;P :eek:

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
That would be a definite "yes" from me. You'll find yourself attracted to A LOT of people in your life. It's very common to be "in love" with more than one person at the same time. Though, handling it properly is key. Don't just use it as an excuse for polygamy, lol.

Of course, this is assuming that when you say "in love" you are referring to infatuation (which seems most likely to me).

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
Yes. It's possible that happens. Like Kazu (sorry can I call you that?) can be directed at infatuation. That part I agree with. It's fine as long as you feel your not going to cheat on one another. But wouldn't one have to be better then the other for an outcome?

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Yes

But Buridan's Ass kicks in and you end up stranded, confused and directionless. Severing emotional ties with both is the only rational way forward thereafter

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Yes. It's possible that happens. Like Kazu (sorry can I call you that?) can be directed at infatuation. That part I agree with. It's fine as long as you feel your not going to cheat on one another. But wouldn't one have to be better then the other for an outcome?

Yes, that's fine.

Zeph

imp of the perverse
Like others have already said, the feeling would most likely be infatuation, not love.
I would think that, if you were really in love with someone, then you wouldn't want anyone but that person. It seems that a lot of people mistake "infatuation" for "love".
So my answer to your question "Is it possible to be in love with more than one person?" would be a no.
Infatuation though, yeah. You can be infatuated with more than one person at a time.

Endgame

:D
Behind every action a human makes is some form of gain to the person themselves. There is no true thing as a 'selfless' action, and this applies to love as well as any other theory.

In any relationship each part of the relationship has a list of gains that are being met.
- Lust
- The need for acceptance
- The need for human contact
The list goes on, and is unique to each and every person and relationship.

However, if relationships were that simple we'd all simply draw names out of a hat and sleep with that person for a week before mutualy agreeing never to see one another again.

A deeper connection and relationship can be formed using these needs or wants as a basis or framework. Humans are emotional creatures and form emotional attachments. This may or may not be interpreted as Love.

In my own experience, forming a relationship is manufacturing love. This can work, but personally, I try not to force anything. If I meet someone I love, I know it as soon as I start talking to them, and getting to know them. To me, it's a connection that already exists and is built upon, not something that's built from scratch. It's an inexplicable mutual attraction between two people that goes beyond meeting the needs of the two individuals and moves on to meeting the needs of the two as one whole.

To put it to the cliche, if it's Love, you know it is, because it's like nothing you've experienced before, and yet familiarity and nostalgia, all at once.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well this all comes back to how you define love. If your definition of love is liking both to the point you want to be with them then guess you can be in love with 2 people at the same time. Though if they are twins it makes it so much better cause you don't need to seperate your love for twins. Love them equally and they better like it.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Yes. Happened to me a few years ago.
Of course it could have been just infatuation, but it felt like it was something more.

Wicked

absurdiam
Yes. Happened to me a few years ago.
Of course it could have been just infatuation, but it felt like it was something more.

This is what happened to me, I thought I was in love with two people. Looking back now, i would have to say infatuation.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
This is what happened to me, I thought I was in love with two people. Looking back now, i would have to say infatuation.

Annoying, wasn't it?
Well, now I have let go of them both. They are good friends of mine, though.

Mike

iROFL
Awards
I believe it is possible to love two people at the same time. Same as infatuation. You love one person, but you still deeply care, and are still in love with another. So, my answer is yes. Yes to being able to be in love with two people at the same time. But, there is infatuation that does play a role in certain relationships.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
I wouldn't think so. You can love certain things about different people, but if you love someone, wouldn't that mean you wouldn't love someone else? It honestly just depends on what the person thinks of love and on what they call love. But if they find their definition of love as being able to share the same feeling between two people they are attracted to, isn't their definition of love technically wrong? Again, it depends on their definition and their actual feeling. Sure you can be torn between two different people, but deep down you have to 'love' one more than the other, even if it is by just a tiny bit. But in this age group, do we actually know what love is?

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah, it really comes down to how one defines "love." It is very possible to care a lot for multiple people in a romantic way. Though while some people would define that attraction love, others define love as something that can only be felt for one person, something beyond more than just a physical and emotional connection.

As for me, there was one point where I believed myself to be in that second group, but as many girls I've told myself I've been in love with, I realize that I was either using "love" for lack of a better term or simply overestimated "love."

Yeah, that honestly didn't answer a damn thing.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Very unfortunately. If you ever find yourself in such a situation, you are fucked in ways I cannot even begin to comprehend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back