• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Always Paranoid

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
Ever since I was little, I've always been terrified of the future and what can happen. I hate these little fears I have. And it's not things like death and old age. It's fear of stupid shit. It's fear of college, how I'll live life, my career, and things like that. I know they shouldn't really matter that much to me right now, but they always have. Most people live for this freedom, but I don't know why it worries me so much. Is there anything that can help me get over this? It's really stupid and childish, but it's just my paranoia acting up. I always think the worst, and I completely hate it. :/

Spic Steve

Awards
Well, I wouldn't say I have all those symptoms. All I do is think about it and stress about it, but never sweat or anything like that.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
You too? I am fairly paranoid myself. Well, I'm not sure if it is paranoia, per se, but I tend to imagine every possibility of everything and, with a largely negative/realistic personality like my own, all the bad things tend to stick out more so than the good.

Spic Steve

Awards
Yeah, I'm just like that Vandread. I don't have a hard time breathing. I don't think I have anxiety disorder. I'm just really paranoid and focus on the bad what ifs and such.

impart

Climb The Sky
maybe your just naturally pessimistic.
or clinically depressed

but i would watch out for that worrying if i were you, it could turn into a nasty mental disorder

Spic Steve

Awards
That's the thing. I don't know how to get it out of my head. I try but it always comes back.

impart

Climb The Sky
go get therapy or something, because even if its nothing, it could get worse. then your screwed. but stay away from the school psychologist whatever you do. they arent really very much help, if anything they make things worse.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah, each time one of those commercials for an anti depressant comes on TV and starts listing symptoms, I can't help but laugh at the fact that I have most of those.

K

Kegluneq

I believe paranoia is usually caused by some type of persecution. I don't mean to pry but that may be the root of your paranoia.
This may be the way your brain has developed throughout your life.
I agree with Impart-distart, see someone about it, I don't know how your parents will react but maybe their answers would help more than anything else.
My personal opinion being don't use anything that could begin to develop a sort of habit or something to escape from the stress.

I'll add that the ability to distinguish between rational and irrational thought is a sign of a less severe problem.
Remember I'm not a professional or anything I just look into this sort of stuff.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
You know, it's perfectly fine to wonder about those type of things, no matter how old or young you are.

I was worried about college when I was ten, for crying out loud. This is part of the reason why people worry about anything.

The future is such an open possibility, it's no wonder that people wonder what will happen, when it will happen, and why it'll happen.

There's nothing wrong with being paranoid. Just don't let it control your life. You be in control of what you decide, not your fears.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I believe paranoia is usually caused by some type of persecution. I don't mean to pry but that may be the root of your paranoia.

Can't quite say I follow the logic behind that.

I'll add that the ability to distinguish between rational and irrational thought is a sign of a less severe problem.

Then I believe I haven't much to worry about.

yeah! dont get OCD or sompthing!

I think I may have very minor OCD (I have perfectionist moments on occasion) but I don't see what that has to do with paranoia at all.

K

Kegluneq

Can't quite say I follow the logic behind that.
Basically what I was trying to establish is that the brain changes according to its environment it is subjected too. External influences include people or drugs while internal influences may include chemical deficiencies.
This individuals brain has changed in a way to have him or her to experience thoughts that make them feel stressed out.
Because of the stressors being irrelevant stimuli I would think its a chemical deficiency.

K

Kegluneq

I think when backing up and looking over it all you really should just find some answers to things like what you will do when your older now and think about what you want to do when you get older. Don't worry about what other people will think or weather this is me or not because whatever you pick is you.
You seem sane to me so I think that you can think rationally.
If you really Really do still stress out about what I just said then I think you may actually need professional help.

Last edited:

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Yeah, each time one of those commercials for an anti depressant comes on TV and starts listing symptoms, I can't help but laugh at the fact that I have most of those.

And here I thought I was the only one that found clinical depression hilarious.

Can't help you, I'm fairly paranoid myself. My recommendation would be to not act on the paranoid thoughts, especially if they involve someone else, like that good girl you got going on there.

Joy

Bronze Member
A lot of people fear those things man. It's normal. Fearing the future... way things'll turn out for you... it's a difficult thing to think about. It scares me too. I just don't live my life by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back